Nikkei: Nintendo to offer more remasters, lowcost sw for 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

Nintendo's comeback strategy includes expanding customer choice by adding more affordable software titles, President Satoru Iwata revealed in a recent interview with The Nikkei.

The Japanese company plans to re-create games for the Nintendo 3DS portable system based on past titles and smartphone offerings. Keeping development costs low will enable it to provide the content at prices as low as several hundred yen.

Free trial versions will also be increased. The idea is to boost the name recognition of new titles and drive purchases of the full versions by letting people play the first stages gratis.

No price cut in the near future (obvious), and they're hoping for Nintendo like profits by 2017.

Link.

That's smart, hopefully we'll see some really cool remasters. I wouldn't mind seeing something like F-Zero GX in 3D on the 3DS, with online play. It'd be a nice way for Nintendo to test the audience as well to see if there's enough demand for a new F-Zero on the Wii U.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

3DS has been nothing but ports from japan last year...

if xenoblade X and splatoon turn out to be very successful. then maybe they can make a profit this year too.

CitizenCold23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CitizenCold23
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't mind a Phantom Hourglass remaster. I never got around to playing that game, and by the time I was going to it cost $75.