New Zelda in November?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wes008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 wes008
Member since 2009 • 802 Posts

When I was in Gamestop yesterday, I made a comment about the price of a used copy of The Minish Cap ($20!). The clerk asked me if I had a Wii and said that the New Zelda will be released in November. BS? I think that this is a highly likelyrelease date. I guess we'll find out at E3!

P.S. Sorry if this is old news.

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

Iwata said Zelda would be released in Holiday 2010. Holiday usually means November since the biggest shopping day of the year is the day after Thanksgiving. The fact that Mario and Metroid are going to drop in Spring and Summer respectively suggests that Zelda will be their Holiday 2010 release.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it's coming out in 2010, they already have games scheduled for the rest of the year. holiday season seems like an obvious guess.
Avatar image for gamemaster56789
gamemaster56789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamemaster56789
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts
If it does I hope its good. Im sure it will be but I think they should take as much time as they need. I just don't want it to be rushed. I can be patient when it comes to Zelda, and I don't care how long it takes.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

this has been a practically confirmed release date by nintendo themselves for awhile now.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaveedLife

If it does I hope its good. Im sure it will be but I think they should take as much time as they need. I just don't want it to be rushed. I can be patient when it comes to Zelda, and I don't care how long it takes.gamemaster56789

True, but they have had FOREVER to work on this zelda as it is basically the first Wii Zelda game to date. TP does not count lol. I will have to see how this is, and then maybe I will buy a Wii again. Zelda is such a great series.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrunoBRS
If it does I hope its good. Im sure it will be but I think they should take as much time as they need. I just don't want it to be rushed. I can be patient when it comes to Zelda, and I don't care how long it takes.gamemaster56789
the game's been on the works since before TP's release, so it's not a rushed release.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Im still hoping for October.

Can't wait for E3!

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Gamestop employees think they're insiders. He is not right.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#10 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I do see this game being released this year. It'd be a smashing holiday title and Nintendo wouldn't want to miss out on it. The game has been in development for a long time and Nintendo has recently adopted a trend of only mentioning titles when they're pretty near to completion, so I don't expect this to be delayed.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

What is it with zelda games and no info being put out til its realeased?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrunoBRS

TheHighWind
what is with people that keep forgetting all the info nintendo gave on twilight princess before release and all the backlash they got for doing so? they don't do it with zelda only. ever since TP, they only give out info on games when they were really close to release. how much did you know about galaxy 2 three months ago? how much did you know about new super mario bros wii before E3?
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

[QUOTE="TheHighWind"]

BrunoBRS

what is with people that keep forgetting all the info nintendo gave on twilight princess before release and all the backlash they got for doing so? they don't do it with zelda only. ever since TP, they only give out info on games when they were really close to release. how much did you know about galaxy 2 three months ago? how much did you know about new super mario bros wii before E3?

Oh okay. I didn't hear about any back lash. Makes sense now.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

When I was in Gamestop yesterday, I made a comment about the price of a used copy of The Minish Cap ($20!). The clerk asked me if I had a Wii and said that the New Zelda will be released in November. BS? I think that this is a highly likelyrelease date. I guess we'll find out at E3!

P.S. Sorry if this is old news.

wes008
Don't ever believe in random noob Gamestop employees. One guy told me FFVII would be on the DS with the GBA slot used for the FMVs! :roll: We know better than to listen to these dudes.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I'm not holding my breath, Zelda it's known for the countless delays, IMO, Zelda will be released until summer of 2011, Nintendo's holiday lineup this year will be Wii Party and a surpirse at this E3, like Kirby or Pikmin 3.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
so far there is no proof its coming out to N/A this year, Iwata told to a japanese magazine that it will will be out this year the closest thing to n/a release was a nintendo rep said she believes it will be out this year to n/a i wouldn't trsut gamestop workers word as law they are mostly all egoist losers that know nothing
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

[QUOTE="TheHighWind"]

BrunoBRS

They gave out tons of info for Spirits Tracks, starting at GDC all the way up to release. It really seemed like a lot to me.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

so far there is no proof its coming out to N/A this year, Iwata told to a japanese magazine that it will will be out this year the closest thing to n/a release was a nintendo rep said she believes it will be out this year to n/a i wouldn't trsut gamestop workers word as law they are mostly all egoist losers that know nothingelbert_b_23

Lately, games have been coming out in NA before Japan. Examples: Spirit Tracks, SMG2. Two huge titles were released here before there. So the same could be done with Zelda Wii.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]so far there is no proof its coming out to N/A this year, Iwata told to a japanese magazine that it will will be out this year the closest thing to n/a release was a nintendo rep said she believes it will be out this year to n/a i wouldn't trsut gamestop workers word as law they are mostly all egoist losers that know nothingJ-man45

Lately, games have been coming out in NA before Japan. Examples: Spirit Tracks, SMG2. Two huge titles were released here before there. So the same could be done with Zelda Wii.

maybre but with all the huge nintendo games out this year they would be stupid to put something as big as zelda out also then next year will be to slow for them
Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

It was probably the same guy that told me component cables don't do anything

lostpariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostpariah
Member since 2010 • 587 Posts
so far there is no proof its coming out to N/A this year, Iwata told to a japanese magazine that it will will be out this year the closest thing to n/a release was a nintendo rep said she believes it will be out this year to n/a i wouldn't trsut gamestop workers word as law they are mostly all egoist losers that know nothingelbert_b_23
My gamestop worker is nice :P
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

this has been a practically confirmed release date by nintendo themselves for awhile now.

NaveedLife
They also confirmed that Twilight Princess would be out in 2005. How did that turn out?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="TheHighWind"]

J-man45

They gave out tons of info for Spirits Tracks, starting at GDC all the way up to release. It really seemed like a lot to me.

how much time between GDC and release? yep, that's right: less than a year. they show the game officially (with some trailer) about a year/a year and a half before release, and then start showering you with info the closer it gets. before, they'd announce a game 2 to 3 years before release *cough*twilightprincess*cough* and keep luring people into the hype train. once they realized this created nothing but hatred towards them (due to expectations created inside the hype train by the passengers themselves... go figure), they changed their strategy. it's been like this since 2007. remember the random out of nowhere animal crossing announcement? and what about disaster: day of crisis? sure, the last one didn't ever hit american shelves, but we had absolutely no info on it (to the point we thought it was canceled) until, out of nowhere, nintendo starts giving info on the game, only to release it 3 months later.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Rocky32189

They also confirmed that Twilight Princess would be out in 2005. How did that turn out?

True, but

1) That wasn't really the topic at hand. Hardly any release dates are set in stone, but this is the one that has indeed been confirmed by nintendo and what the TC was talking about

2) Nintendo operates differently now as you have seen, so this should come as no surprise for it to hold firm in its year end release.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Iwata said the goal was to try to get it out by November. More importantly, it was stated that Zelda won't be released until the title is perfect. And of course perfect meaning that everything is exactly the way Nintendo attempts to be truly the best that it can be in a non-competitive manner of speaking.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Iwata said the goal was to try to get it out by Sunday. More importantly, it was stated that Zelda won't be released until the title is perfect. And of course perfect meaning that everything is exactly the way Nintendo attempts to be truly the best that it can be in a non-competitive manner of speaking.wiifan001

And you can bet that if Nintendo believes that the game is not ready, then, they won't release it, is not like other developers or even other Nintendo games were they can't afford a delay, not with Zelda, not until every pixel is the color they want.

That's why i think that not even the official release date for Nintendo is a guarantee that Zelda will come out this year.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Iwata said the goal was to try to get it out by Sunday. More importantly, it was stated that Zelda won't be released until the title is perfect. And of course perfect meaning that everything is exactly the way Nintendo attempts to be truly the best that it can be in a non-competitive manner of speaking.madsnakehhh

And you can bet that if Nintendo believes that the game is not ready, then, they won't release it, is not like other developers or even other Nintendo games were they can't afford a delay, not with Zelda, not until every pixel is the color they want.

That's why i think that not even the official release date for Nintendo is a guarantee that Zelda will come out this year.

I honestly don't expect to Nintendo to have it ready by November. It would be more important for them to have Wii Party out before the holidays anyway. We'll find out at E3. Ultimately, the one thing I truly care about with Zelda Wii is the release date, and even then I predict a delay to 2011.
almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

just wait for E3, we will probably hear a lot of info then. and dont trust gamestop employess, i know a lot more about games than they do!!! they always give me wrong info. and of course i hope that the game will come out this year, but i want it to be amazing so they can take all the time they want.

jbman11472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jbman11472
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

I really don't see how Zelda won't come out during the holiday period this year. I mean Nintendo honestly has no big first party titles currently planned for the Wiis holiday period. Metroid: Other M is releasing at the end of August in the US and that currently leaves nothing for October, November, or December. I expect at E3 Nintendo will confirm a holiday release for Zelda and/or some unannounced or unconfirmed game such as Pikmin 3. Or they might try to push that Wii Party game for a holiday release.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

I really don't see how Zelda won't come out during the holiday period this year. I mean Nintendo honestly has no big first party titles currently planned for the Wiis holiday period. Metroid: Other M is releasing at the end of August in the US and that currently leaves nothing for October, November, or December. I expect at E3 Nintendo will confirm a holiday release for Zelda and/or some unannounced or unconfirmed game such as Pikmin 3. Or they might try to push that Wii Party game for a holiday release.

jbman11472
How is this any different than 2008? They released Smash Bros and Mario Kart early and then they didn't have much for the end of the year (except Animal Crossing which was announced at that year's E3). They've been talking about Pikmin for years so that could definitely be a holiday release. And of course, Wii Party is going to be their big holiday game even if Zelda does get released.
elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
Woah! Zelda game and possibly a 3ds launch? Nintendo may have half my money this holiday
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

A gamestop guy also told me Zelda would release in 3 months when i bought SMG 2:P

devildothack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 devildothack
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

i was hoping also for a november release but like many of you point out..june is about to start so that means you have approximately 6 months until the "release"..that means that some info either official or unofficial such as videos, info, pictures, something must exist out here in thent, don't you think? or perhaps, it will be until summer of 2011 which is why still we got not word on what this new zelda will be.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
im sad cause us aussies have like 0 chance of getting it this year. SMG2 is not out until late june, so this might be the same with zelda, pushing it into Q1 2011 for us
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#35 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Woohoo!!! Hopefully its on or before my birthday so I can get it for a gift :D
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#36 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

They have been working on Zelda 2010for like 2 or 3 years now. I know many fanboys are nervous about the release due to the God of War/Legend of Zelda rivalry that has been brewing. I think the game will be ok. I am a fan of both series so time will tell.

On another note I have worked in electronic retail and if LoZ 2010 is a black friday release it will actually be on shelfs that Tuesday before Thanksgiving, but the price will drop for Friday & Saturday. That how we have done it at or store. We get the freight in that saturday and have to have it on Salesfloor by tuesday morning....most people dont touch em till that friday. Id bet based on the last two season the new Zeldas date is Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I dont have a calendar...does anyone know what date that is?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#37 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Iwata said the goal was to try to get it out by November. More importantly, it was stated that Zelda won't be released until the title is perfect. And of course perfect meaning that everything is exactly the way Nintendo attempts to be truly the best that it can be in a non-competitive manner of speaking.

wiifan001

Yea right. I admire how Nintendo compete silently. In 2010 every gamer know who Nintendo wants to beat. They want GOTY. They may get it. They have studied the competition. I think the next Zelda will do fine.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BrunoBRS
Woah! Zelda game and possibly a 3ds launch? Nintendo may have half my money this holidayelchiquilin
i read "zelda will be a 3DS launch title?" and started worrying about the quality of this board's users :P
elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
[QUOTE="elchiquilin"]Woah! Zelda game and possibly a 3ds launch? Nintendo may have half my money this holidayBrunoBRS
i read "zelda will be a 3DS launch title?" and started worrying about the quality of this board's users :P

sorry I was refering to the 3ds launch itself plus the possible and rumored zelda WII release
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="elchiquilin"]Woah! Zelda game and possibly a 3ds launch? Nintendo may have half my money this holidayelchiquilin

sorry I was refering to the 3ds launch itself plus the possible and rumored zelda WII release

don't apologize, it was my mistake, but i started laughing when i realized my misreading :lol: