NEW SCREENS Chrono Trigger DS

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

CONFIRMED

Promo Video

CHRONO TRIGGER Returns! The Timeless cl assic Teleports to Nintendo DS This Holiday Season

LOS ANGELES, CA USA
Journey Through Time with the RPG Masterpiece that Started It All

LOS ANGELES, July 2 /PRNewswire/ — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will release CHRONO TRIGGER(R) in North America this Holiday season. Remastered exclusively for Nintendo DS(TM), this marks the first time that the groundbreaking RPG will be available on a handheld console.

Originally released in 1995 on Super NES(R) and shipping more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, CHRONO TRIGGER has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time by critics and fans alike. With a unique and multifaceted storyline, the game revolutionized the world of RPGs with
never-before-seen features, including an unprecedented soundtrack and multiple endings determined by side quests and the player's actions.

With artwork by famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and an unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda, CHRONO TRIGGER represents the best-in-c lassof the video game world. This newly revamped edition maintains all of the game's original elements and spirit while
introducing the portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality of Nintendo DS. Players will soon be able to rediscover the exhilarating RPG experience, breathtaking storyline and innovative gameplay in the palm of their hands.

STORY

When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

FEATURES

— A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time

— An unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda

— Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills

— Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art c lass to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world

— Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality

— A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless **** c

CHRONO TRIGGER has not yet been rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at http://www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. The official website can be found at
http://na.square-enix.com/ctds.

Link

Link

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Nice, about time it gets re-released. I think the last time Chrono Trigger was re-released was part of Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PS1 where it was paired with Final Fantasy IV.
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
yeah i just found out about that 10 minutes ago, they update kotaku like every 5 minutes don't they?
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 -Sigil-
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts
Awesome. I just finished the Snes version about a week ago and it was so good, I might just play it again for the DS.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY!! sorry but this better be true. Square owes us this
Israels_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Israels_Son
Member since 2006 • 534 Posts
I would love that. My snes is starting to look it's age and I hate playing it on my playstation!
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Sigil-

IT WAS JUST CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!

Teaser site on SE jpn website!

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#9 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

As awesome as this is to hear, I can't help but wish it was a sequel instead.

I want Chrono Break, damn it!

-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Sigil-

BuryMe

Maybe thats why CT is being rereleased, to bring up the series hype and catch new fans which will ultimately lead to the release Chrono Break.

iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

wh00t!

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
Wow :| I picked a good day to check on the DS forum. :lol: I can't tell, is this a port if the first CT or is it a sequel?
spartan211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spartan211
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts

wwhoah wait chrono is coming to ds??????

-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Sigil-

Wow :| I picked a good day to check on the DS forum. :lol: I can't tell, is this a port if the first CT or is it a sequel? TwilightSoilder

Im pretty sure its a port.

Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts

Dragon Quest+Crono Trigger+Sonic RPG (MY GOD! Tails fights again)+Final Fantasy= My favorite system ever.

TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TwilightSoilder

Dragon Quest+Crono Trigger+Sonic RPG (MY GOD! Tails fights again)+Final Fantasy= My favorite system ever.

DragonQuestHero
Took the words out of my mouth. :D

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"]Wow :| I picked a good day to check on the DS forum. :lol: I can't tell, is this a port if the first CT or is it a sequel? -Sigil-

Good, I'll finally get to see what all the hype is about, but if it is anything like Dragon Quest then I'm already a happy camper. :D
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Sigil-

Japanese teaser site linked here.

Talk about an unexpected announcement!

Bio_Spark

Hell yeah. And you would think that they would wait until E3 if anything. Glad to see FF and DQ arent the only series getting attention.

-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Sigil-
[QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]

TwilightSoilder

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"]Wow :| I picked a good day to check on the DS forum. :lol: I can't tell, is this a port if the first CT or is it a sequel? -Sigil-

Good, I'll finally get to see what all the hype is about, but if it is anything like Dragon Quest then I'm already a happy camper. :D

You havent played it yet? I played through it for the first time last week and it blew me away. Its not as difficult as Dragon Quest but its every bit as epic.

KudoS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KudoS17
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts
great news i haven't played that game in such a long time
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

The DS has won. Nothing will stand in it's way.

Ever.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

I must be a sucker since this sounds like something I might actually want to buy despite having beaten the SNES game several times.

I can't possibly be that gullible.

darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
Is this an exact port or will the graphics be updated?
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Sigil-

Huh. Elebits DS too.

There also seen to be whisperings of Suikoden VI on the PSP and a new Tales game on the Wii. I fully expect the Internet to explode by tomorrow morning.

What did I miss when I was gone today?

Bio_Spark

Theres also evidence that theres another Tales game for the DS. Tales of Heart DS

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Holy friggin crap man!:shock:

That is awesome!!!:D

Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts
You, have just made my day. Thanks for the update. It's been a long time since I ever been closer to the SNES.:D
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TwilightSoilder
[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]

-Sigil-

You havent played it yet? I played through it for the first time last week and it blew me away. Its not as difficult as Dragon Quest but its every bit as epic.

I'm offically sold and hyped. :D
spartan211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 spartan211
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts
wait where was this confirmed .....anyone know what site?
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TwilightSoilder
wait where was this confirmed .....anyone know what site?spartan211

Japanese teaser site linked here.

Talk about an unexpected announcement!

Bio_Spark
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
I've heard nothing but greatness about CT, so I'm looking forward to this. I never played the original, but I should borrow it from my friend this weekend.
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Sigil-

wait where was this confirmed .....anyone know what site?spartan211

On page 1, Biospark posted a link to it.

DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DragonQuestHero
[QUOTE="-Sigil-"][QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]

TwilightSoilder

It also has like 13 different ending and I love the Sound Track. Crono happens to also be one of my favorite gaming characters of all time along with Tails XP. Chrono Trigger is an epic game. If you like the Dragon Quest Series, then I think you like Chrono Trigger.

Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
:D I just found this on another site too! And its about time! Erg... this just makes me wish it were E3 all the more.
DemonIced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DemonIced
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
OMG! I just creamed in my pants!!!

That's an even better news than when I heard FF IV was being updated on DS! This game is gonna slay everything in its path...

Like the other guy said, do you think there'll be some updated graphics (a la FFIII FFIV) or just being a port like the other GBA FF? Anyway, Akira Toriyama MUST work on this game either in 3D or 2D... (the SNES graphics were already awesome so I think there won't be any need for changes).

I do hope they'll keep the cinematics of the PS1 version.

What do you think will be added? There was already so many sidequests...
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#36 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
Best DS news in forever
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TwilightSoilder
Do you think they will leave the game unmodifed when they put it on the DS? What I mean is do you think it will be the same experince as the SNES version or do you think they will add new stuff to it? I'm personally torn on which way they should go. :?
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Sigil-
[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="-Sigil-"][QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]

DragonQuestHero

It also has like 13 different ending and I love the Sound Track. Crono happens to also be one of my favorite gaming characters of all time along with Tails XP. Chrono Trigger is an epic game. If you like the Dragon Quest Series, then I think you like Chrono Trigger.

If you like chrono trigger then I recommend you check out this game for the DS which looks and plays much like it...

Black Sigil

http://graffitientertainment.com/index.php/games/black-sigil

Ive personaly been hyping it since 2004 when it was announced... It looks that great.

-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Sigil-

Do you think they will leave the game unmodifed when they put it on the DS? What I mean is do you think it will be the same experince as the SNES version or do you think they will add new stuff to it? I'm personally torn on which way they should go. :?TwilightSoilder

Square Enix are experts when it comes to remakes and ports (Lol) so chances are they wont tarnish the original gameplay story, or overall experience of the game. You have nothing to worry about ;)

99daniel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 99daniel99
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

i am soooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D i am glad to own a ds:).

DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DragonQuestHero

Do you think they will leave the game unmodifed when they put it on the DS? What I mean is do you think it will be the same experince as the SNES version or do you think they will add new stuff to it? I'm personally torn on which way they should go. :?TwilightSoilder

So far all the DS games have been Remakes. So it is likely So well Chrono Trigger. If it not thoguh I would not bug me. I mustly want to see the music remastered. It got great music, even today (at least I think so XP).

solidsnake1368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 solidsnake1368
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
Did I just ....yep Pretty sure I just got a massive erection....bout time this happened
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Not really excited about another port.

TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TwilightSoilder
[QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"][QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="-Sigil-"][QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]

-Sigil-

If you like chrono trigger then I recommend you check out this game for the DS which looks and plays much like it...

Black Sigil

http://graffitientertainment.com/index.php/games/black-sigil

Ive personaly been hyping it since 2004 when it was announced... It looks that great.

I'll keep an eye on it but I won't get too hyped just yet.
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Sigil-

Not really excited about another port.

laus_basic

Chances are it will be enhanced graphicly and will include several more side quests...

But yeah, SE is the master of ports and remakes.

sneakShaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sneakShaker
Member since 2008 • 316 Posts
I am not an rpg player like never i hate the gener but this game seems fun what could be wrong about it got a 10
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
What is Chrono Trigger...?
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

-Sigil-

Maybe thats why CT is being rereleased, to bring up the series hype and catch new fans which will ultimately lead to the release Chrono Break.

what was chrono break. i like the fake version of chrono trigger for the ps3

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

What is Chrono Trigger...?podliver

Some little known RPG that was really big in Iceland, but never really made it in the States.