new RE should be called "RE: the onrails shooter no one asked for"

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 dese1
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

makes sense to me lol

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
Yeah I'm getting tired of Capcom when it comes to the wii. You would think after how awesome Resident Evil 4 was for the wii they would have learned something. I guess they will never take it seriously.
dese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dese1
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts
Yeah I'm getting tired of Capcom when it comes to the wii. You would think after how awesome Resident Evil 4 was for the wii they would have learned something. I guess they will never take it seriously.chansaet
sales from re4 meant nothing to them, they just wanted to see if they could get away with cop outs like this heres hoping nobody buys Dead space extinction or this piece of garbage
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

They should have just remade any of the older RE games and added on RE4 controls.

Jason20091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Jason20091
Member since 2009 • 117 Posts

I like to play a good rail shooter every once in awhile so i'm looking forward to it.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
or " the on rails shooter no one (except jasonguy) asked for" but yea capcom is really getting on my nerves.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I asked for it

Can we call it "The Resident Evil game Jason asked for"?

Because that sounds awesome

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 garrett_duffman

I asked for it

Jaysonguy
ha JUST beat you to it!
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

Just do what I'm going to do: buy the game used.

That way, you'll still get the same experience without support capcom's laziness. Win-win.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I asked for it

garrett_duffman

ha JUST beat you to it!

I know!

Curse you!

:P

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

this is absolute BS! :x

why the hell cant we get a goddamned REALRE GAME capcom!!!

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I love Rail Shooters but I would've prefered Capcom not make an On Rails Shooter out of Resident Evil like most Publishers are putting on the Wii. I have no problems with Rail Shooters I only have a problem with On Rails Shooters.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I disagree alot of people besides Jaysonguy asked for it (he just may just have been the only one sending emails) but when a million+ lapped up Umbrella Chronicles it sent a big message to Capcom that this is the type of game Wii owners want. Yeah RE4 sold just as well, but that was an already established title that the whole world knew was great. Here's a comparison, Metroid Prime one of Nintendo's best franchises, do you know how long it took MP3 to reach 1 million in sales? So you figure a real game, an excellent game didn't sell that well from the jump and it was from an established Nintendo franchise, but a quickly thrown together rails shooter that was more port than new flew off the shelves. What do you expect to happen?
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I have no problems with Rail Shooters I only have a problem with On Rails Shooters.Nintendo_Ownes7

There's a difference?

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Umbrella Chronicles sold extremely well, so I doubt Capcom felt that "no one asked for it".
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

well here we go again. IMHO if its like REuc i'll will not even bother to rent this one. but who knows, its like i said about deadspace on wii if they try hard and do cool things it could over come being an onrails shooter. but if its as bland and mediocer as UC ....no thanks.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wild_Card
I disagree alot of people besides Jaysonguy asked for it (he just may just have been the only one sending emails) but when a million+ lapped up Umbrella Chronicles it sent a big message to Capcom that this is the type of game Wii owners want. Yeah RE4 sold just as well, but that was an already established title that the whole world knew was great. Here's a comparison, Metroid Prime one of Nintendo's best franchises, do you know how long it took MP3 to reach 1 million in sales? So you figure a real game, an excellent game didn't sell that well from the jump and it was from an established Nintendo franchise, but a quickly thrown together rails shooter that was more port than new flew off the shelves. What do you expect to happen? Sepewrath
agreed. people need to complain by way of there wallets.... l8ike me :p
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wild_Card

Umbrella Chronicles sold extremely well, so I doubt Capcom felt that "no one asked for it".Rocky32189
what were the offical sales numbers on those two games? how many were sold. do you have a link ?

here is what i found http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-on-wii-total-sales-numbers-of-titles-is-surprising-121208.phtml

REuc 398,800

re4 *Wii edition* 759,000 and thats not counting the shi* load of copies sold on the GC, or the ps2 for that matter.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]Umbrella Chronicles sold extremely well, so I doubt Capcom felt that "no one asked for it".Wild_Card

what were the offical sales numbers on those two games? how many were sold. do you have a link ?

here is what i found http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-on-wii-total-sales-numbers-of-titles-is-surprising-121208.phtml

REuc 398,800

re4 *Wii edition* 759,000 and thats not counting the shi* load of copies sold on the GC, or the ps2 for that matter.

Umm, VGChartz has Umbrella Chronicles at 1,260,000. That's almost one million more than what you put. If you people don't want rail shooters then stop buying them!

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]Umbrella Chronicles sold extremely well, so I doubt Capcom felt that "no one asked for it".Wild_Card

REuc 398,800

It sold over million copies worldwide, which is a very high number considering the game was probably made on a low budget by one of Capcom's lower development teams. I'm pretty sure the number you have there are only U.S. sales.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

I loved umbrella chronicles!,atleast capcom is giving us something that doesn't suck

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wild_Card

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]Umbrella Chronicles sold extremely well, so I doubt Capcom felt that "no one asked for it".Rocky32189

REuc 398,800

It sold over million copies worldwide, which is a very high number considering the game was probably made on a low budget by one of Capcom's lower development teams. I'm pretty sure the number you have there are only U.S. sales.

then how many must have re4 sold world wide?going by those numbers i posted re4 sold what twice as many copies in the usa or were everthose sales are from.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="Wild_Card"]what were the offical sales numbers on those two games? how many were sold. do you have a link ?

REuc 398,800

Wild_Card

then how many must have re4 sold world wide?

1.7 million at half the price

So which one made Capcom more money?

That would be Umbrella Chronicles

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#25 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

makes sense to me lol

dese1
Not to me. I love on rails shooters and RE, so I really expect UC2 soon
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

They should have just remade any of the older RE games and added on RE4 controls.

zaku101
Yeah, I would've taken a remake any day instead on this, just not an underpowered port.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="zaku101"]

livinitup01

Yeah, I would've taken a remake any day instead on this, just not an underpowered port.

Let me get this straight

You would rather do something you did before, again, rather then play something new?

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wild_Card

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"] It sold over million copies worldwide, which is a very high number considering the game was probably made on a low budget by one of Capcom's lower development teams. I'm pretty sure the number you have there are only U.S. sales.Jaysonguy

then how many must have re4 sold world wide?

wich sold 1.7 million? I will assume you mean re4 wiimake sold 1.7,i still have not seen offical data but lets just run with what we got. 1,7 wiimake re4 games sold and 1 mil of uc. but how many re4 Wiimake sales would there have been had not so many people already bought the game on GC. the fact that re4 sold more than UC dispite haveing been released what olny two years before on the gamecube not to mentune the ps2 and PC. yea id say that would speak volumes.i think a more fair comparison would be RE4 sales on gamecube vs UC sales on wii. dispite wii haveing a larger user base.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]then how many must have re4 sold world wide?Wild_Card

wich sold 1.7 million? and were is the link showing it cost them half as much to make?

RE 4 sold 1.7
RE UC sold 1.3

RE 4 launched at 29.99 and quickly fell to 19.99
RE UC launched at 49.99 and still sells at 49.99

So even if we keep both at launch price we get...

RE 4 makes $50,983,000
RE UC makes $64,987,000

14 million dollars more with UC even giving RE 4 the highest price possible the entire time it's been released (which it's been a 20 dollar game longer then it's been a 30 dollar game now)

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wild_Card

http://psp.ign.com/articles/876/876334p1.html here we go

RE4 on ps2 2.000.000

RE4 gamecube 1.600.000

re4 wii edition 1.250.000

reUC 1.050.000

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wild_Card

jason

you forget to point out that re4 wiimake was a port of a gamecube,ps2 and pc game that was released only what 2 years before and that sales of the game would reflect thatlol. lets figure up the mony made from even just re4 on the game cube vs UC not to even count the copies of RE4 wii that were bought by people like me who already bought the GC version. re4 was the better game and the better seller period

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy

http://psp.ign.com/articles/876/876334p1.html here we go

RE4 on ps2 2.000.000

RE4 gamecube 1.600.000

re4 wii edition 1.250.000

reUC 1.050.000

Wild_Card

Your numbers are a little low but yes, now see how much more money they made on Umbrella Chronicles compared to 4?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jaysonguy

jason

you forget to point out that re4 wiimake was a port of a gamecube,ps2 and pc game that was released only what 2 years before and that sales of the game would reflect thatlol. lets figure up the mony made from even just re4 on the game cube vs UC not to even count the copies of RE4 wii that were bought by people like me who already bought the GC version. re4 was the better game and the better seller period

Wild_Card

No, it doesn't work like that

You compare what each console has, you don't add up what consoles have. There's no way to judge that

You think someone at Capcom has a clue who owns what console and what version they bought?

No

They look at the money made from RE4 on the Wii and then they look at the money made from RE UC on the Wii. They see that they get more money from the latter and they make another one

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

While i would preffer a traditional RE than an on rails shooter, it would really innocent to claim that nobody wanted one. Just a month ago Capcom was patting itsef in the back with Chronicles sales, according to their own reports(and outsider ones as well).Heck it would bedumb from me to say that it was not a fun game, and that i didnt enjoy the data files that completed a lot of story holes.It was a good deal and people apparently liked it, or basically, MOST people, which is what counts. So as always ,people can moan and cry but against money thats always nothing.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

That way, you'll still get the same experience without support capcom's laziness. Win-win.

Dingerious

So they're being lazy by creating an entirely new game, rather than porting an old game and slapping on wii controls?

Seriously?

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wild_Card

jasom

dont even count the wii version. just look at the GC version. that would be a much more fair comparison. 1.600.000 at its retail price and 1.250.000 for UC on the Wii. And keep in mind the Wii has a much larger user base than the GC did;) as i said re4 was the better game and its sales reflected this. heck it sold 2 million on the ps2 a year after its release on the game cube. and if capcom does not have the brains to look at what re4 sold origanoly vs what the REMAKE/PORT sold just a couple years later then more is the pitty for us who like better games ;)

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 garrett_duffman

jasom

dont even count the wii version. just look at the GC version. that would be a much more fair comparison. 1.600.000 at its retail price and 1.250.000 for UC on the Wii. And keep in mind the Wii has a much larger user base than the GC did;) as i said re4 was the better game and its sales reflected this. heck it sold 2 million on the ps2 a year after its release on the game cube. and if capcom does not have the brains to look at what re4 sold origanoly vs what the REMAKE/PORT sold just a couple years later then more is the pitty for us who like better games ;)

Wild_Card
capcom isnt making UC for other systems, so you dont use the numbers from other systems. RE4 wii sold less on wii than both of the other consoles. UC may have sold less, but like jayson said, it still makes more money. capcom probably is just releasing all of the chronicles games first because they are games specifically suited for wii. as far as dead space goes... it shouldnt be an on-rails shooter, thats just pathetic. but who knows, capcom could come out and suprise us with something big, its not like we'll never see another RE game. look at the gamecube for petes sake! the gamecube got: REmake, RE2, RE3, RE4, Code Veronica, and i wanna say another one but im not sure... OH YEA RE zero, there we go! those are all normal RE games, so just be patient.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wild_Card

LOL thats becuase it was a PORT from just two years prior!that is just a clouded way of compairing the two games and how well they were reseved by the consumers.

im talking about counting *just *the gamecube version. wich should be counted vs UC as like i have said re4wii was a port of the gamecube game as well as the other systems thus completly screwing up the sales numbers when it comes to judgeing how a game does sales wise.becuase so many people that would have bought it on the Wii have already had it on the game cube as well as one of the other two systems it was on. it really is not that hard to under stand. another words im saying the sales of re4 on the Wii would have been much larger if it was a new game. but it was not. so for fairness sake look at the GC sales numbers only vs the Wii's numbers on UC. RE4 sold better on the GC at full price than UC did on the wii .

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="livinitup01"][QUOTE="zaku101"]

Let me get this straight

You would rather do something you did before, again, rather then play something new?

Well Umbrella Chronicles wasn't exactly new
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 garrett_duffman

LOL thats becuase it was a PORT from just two years prior!that is just a clouded way of compairing the two games and how well they were reseved by the consumers.

im talking about counting *just *the gamecube version. wich should be counted vs UC as like i have said re4wii was a port of the gamecube game as well as the other systems thus completly screwing up the sales numbers when it comes to judgeing how a game does sales wise.becuase so many people that would have bought it on the Wii have already had it on the game cube as well as one of the other two systems it was on. it really is not that hard to under stand. another words im saying the sales of re4 on the Wii would have been much larger if it was a new game. but it was not. so for fairness sake look at the GC sales numbers only vs the Wii's numbers on UC. RE4 sold better on the GC at full price than UC did on the wii .

Wild_Card
this isnt ABOUT capcom making normal RE games. they are still doing that. this is about making real RE games for the WII. the wii sales of the RE4 are less.
andrewham7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 andrewham7
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts
Why is everyone beating up on RE:UC??!!! The people who say Capcom didnt put any effort into it are WRONG! Its not a cheap game, its actually a great game, with sooo much content. I spent soo much time on this game. It actually gives you reason to keep playing with the cool unlockables. If you say this is a bad game, you obviously havent played it!
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sepewrath
Why is everyone beating up on RE:UC??!!! The people who say Capcom didnt put any effort into it are WRONG! Its not a cheap game, its actually a great game, with sooo much content. I spent soo much time on this game. It actually gives you reason to keep playing with the cool unlockables. If you say this is a bad game, you obviously havent played it!andrewham7
RE:UC isn't a bad game, the problem is the games a cop out. Its Capcom saying "here's something with RE in the title, that should be good enough" and ignoring what the fans are asking for and what could be done on the Wii. At least thats my issue, its the same one I have with EA for Dead Space. UC was just you retreading past locations from games but on rails.When people have been saying that they want RE on the Wii, thats not exactly what they had in mind. I mean what makes this new RE any different from UC or HOTD or DS Extraction? Capcom is just putting together a simple game that sells on the merit of its name.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wild_Card
no garret re4wii sold MORE copies not less tha UC, but still you miss the point. RE4 was a PORT wich is WHY it didnt sell as well as it did on the GC and why it was priced at 39.99 rather than 49.99. IF re4 had not been a port it would no doute have sold even better than it did on the Wii. as it is 1.7 million GC owners 200 million ps2 owners and who knows how many PC owners already played and owned the game. thus MANY people that would have bought the game on the Wii didnt becuase they already bought it two years prior. again this is a very simple concept. so saing that UC was a better seller is wrong when you actualy look at the bigger picture.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wild_Card
Why is everyone beating up on RE:UC??!!! The people who say Capcom didnt put any effort into it are WRONG! Its not a cheap game, its actually a great game, with sooo much content. I spent soo much time on this game. It actually gives you reason to keep playing with the cool unlockables. If you say this is a bad game, you obviously havent played it!andrewham7
i have played it and i do say it was a bad game.
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

On rails shooter or not, I'd rather this than some remake. I haven't tried UC (or any on rails shooter on the wii, not counting LCT) yet, but I'd like to try one at some point. It seems like the genre works well on the wii, so I might give this one a try.

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

[QUOTE="Dingerious"]

gamer6464

So they're being lazy by creating an entirely new game, rather than porting an old game and slapping on wii controls?

Seriously?

Haha, that's not all. He wants to play the game, yet hates that Capcom's making on rails shooters. If you want to play the game so much, wouldn't you be fine with supporting the company that makes it?
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I wanted it too. The first was great!
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="livinitup01"] Yeah, I would've taken a remake any day instead on this, just not an underpowered port. Sepewrath

Let me get this straight

Well Umbrella Chronicles wasn't exactly new

It was newer than a gamecube port.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I think people are getting upset because there are rail shooters popping up more frequently. As long as they improve on RE:UC and make the graphics at least as good as RE4 for the GAMECUBE, it should be a quality product.

pmpmn11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pmpmn11
Member since 2003 • 121 Posts

thats a shame and a bit of a dissapointment. I'm not a fan of on rail shooters. A unique re wii title, not on-rails ,would have been really cool. At least i can play Resident evil 5.