MOON is surprisingly awesome!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funkamatic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkamatic64
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I got that call from gamestop coupla days ago. Picked up MOON and it's really good. Better than dementium. Renegade Kid put some awesome stuff in here. A lot of attention to detail, awesome music, great gameplay.

I think I like it more that Metroid Prime: Hunters.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts
LOTS of games are better than "Dementium" or "MP: Hunters", that's like calling "MOON" the valedictorian of summer school. I'm just sayin'...
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
yes yes make a video review pls
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
Good to hear. I was going to buy this game first day regardless.
funkamatic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funkamatic64
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Good to hear. I was going to buy this game first day regardless.slimdave21

Yeah, me too. I had it preordered for the stylus and game case. Great game though.

I'm in to episode 07 and so far I give it a 9.5/10

sccerxstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 sccerxstar
Member since 2008 • 73 Posts
whats the game about?
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Moon always looked better than MP:H mostly because MP:H was not a good game.
Avatar image for ElementalSoljer
ElementalSoljer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ElementalSoljer
Member since 2005 • 204 Posts

Sorry to rez this thread, but I just thought that everyone should know that from the looks of it (I checked a few other sites to verify) Moon dropped from $29.99 to $19.99. I already bought mine day of launch, but for those who have been holding out...now is the time to pick up this sleeper title! :D

If you do end up buying a copy report back and let us know what you think.

Personally I have yet to beat the game but I am on the a _ i _ _ _ h _ p. I just haven't had a lot of time to play games lately with work and all. :?

bleedingsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bleedingsouls
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

Where is this sale talking place? Is it US Only? Because I live in Canada so that would totally suck..

Dantethayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dantethayer1
Member since 2008 • 569 Posts

Where is this sale talking place? Is it US Only? Because I live in Canada so that would totally suck..

bleedingsouls

well i live in canada its 24.99 new.

bleedingsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bleedingsouls
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

[QUOTE="bleedingsouls"]

Dantethayer1

well i live in canada its 24.99 new.

Thanks :) Saves me a hour walk to the store and back :) But definatley will look at this for a new game purchase

Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

Eh . . . I'd say that Moon was about as good as Metroid Prime Hunters, which is not to say I was blown away by either of them. MPH was a decent but disappointing entry into the otherwise fantastic "Prime" series, and Moon was a bit too "me too" and repetitive for my tastes. Oh, and the music was terrible.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

Eh . . . I'd say that Moon was about as good as Metroid Prime Hunters, which is not to say I was blown away by either of them. MPH was a decent but disappointing entry into the otherwise fantastic "Prime" series, and Moon was a bit too "me too" and repetitive for my tastes. Oh, and the music was terrible.

Mr_Matthews

This.

The game and environments were too repetitive and bland to have any excitement.

I couldn't go through the entire game. If only they have Metroid Prime Hunters in stock for once, I wouldn't have resorted for this travesty.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Mr_Matthews
Hmmm, but I supposed we all have our own preferences. Funny I never heard ppl talk about this game.
razzack9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 razzack9
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

Must admit it was a wee bit repetitive, but i enjoyed the game. I actually like it more than metroid prime for some reason, and i thot it was a decent addition to the ds' otherwise small collection of FPSs

BzPwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BzPwns
Member since 2009 • 110 Posts
I think I'll give it a try, for $20.00 new @gamestop.
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
Moon always looked better than MP:H mostly because MP:H was not a good game.Minishdriveby
^^Nothing other than opinion^^ Overall, MPH was a sucess. Most people enjoyed it. Too bad I can't play MOON since they never released it in Europe...
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Moon always looked better than MP:H mostly because MP:H was not a good game.GANGSTASAN
^^Nothing other than opinion^^ Overall, MPH was a sucess. Most people enjoyed it. Too bad I can't play MOON since they never released it in Europe...

I agree with you,i can't understand these people cause Metriod-Prime Hunters was a very good game and according to you,it was a sucess.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="GANGSTASAN"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Moon always looked better than MP:H mostly because MP:H was not a good game.TriniPlayer

I agree with you,i can't understand these people cause Metriod-Prime Hunters was a very good game and according to you,it was a sucess.

The one thing i didn't like about mph was the hacking and glitches in it that ruined gameplay. But then, hacking is an issue with probably any handheld wifi vg.
Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Matthews"]

hydralisk86

Hmmm, but I supposed we all have our own preferences. Funny I never heard ppl talk about this game.

Don't get me wrong, MPH looks and plays fantastic. But the level design wasn't terribly clever, the puzzles were lame and few-and-far-between, there were only two styles of bosses that they just used over and over again, and the standard enemies were boring and primitive looking.

I definitely enjoyed it as I was playing it, but when I finished I felt a bit unsatisfied. Then when I played Moon, all I could think was "think game is just like MPH."

They're both good games, but I wouldn't put either in my top 10 DS games list.

Avatar image for EyeShatteredSky
EyeShatteredSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#21 EyeShatteredSky
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

MOON, in my opinion, could've been better in some aspects. The story wasn't anything special, levels, while colorful in more than a few instances, just became a drag after a while. Sound effects for the guns were rather weak, and the music wasn't much more than 2 or 3 beats constantly at odds with one another throughout the 6 to 8 hour adventure.

Maybe I just set my expectations a little too high, but nothing about this title really stuck out.