Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#101 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Dual Swords = love.BrunoBRS
so f*cking OP. and underwater controls on the 3DS will take A LOT of getting used to.

Someone suggested pressing the MH symbol on the touch screen and then pressing L to lock on underwater. I haven't tried it myself.
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#102 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

[QUOTE="manicfoot"]

I played the Wii U demo and quite enjoyed it. It was my first time playing MH and I found taking down the 'novice' monster quite challenging. I enjoyed working out when to attack and when to dodge out of the way.

What I didn't like is the constant loading between zones. It's quite jarring and ruins the immersion, making each zone feel disconnected from the others.

enrique_marrodz

Yes, I believe that, if the version was an actual Wii U game that could be solved, but is like a remastered version of the Wii one. I dislike that too although, I may admit, that saved my life more than once, when I got kicked out of the area by a monster and had enough time to recover myself :P

Heh, glad the system worked out for you. It didn't for me because the monster kept fleeing to new areas and then knocking me back into the previous one when I followed him! it was very annoying, but I killed him eventually :D

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Dual Swords = love.Haziqonfire
so f*cking OP. and underwater controls on the 3DS will take A LOT of getting used to.

Someone suggested pressing the MH symbol on the touch screen and then pressing L to lock on underwater. I haven't tried it myself.

i was trying to figure out how to lock-on. didn't even see a MH symbol.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Ok so I am finally getting the hang of this gamepad. Still wished WiiMote controls were there. Anywho, I really like the game and I can see myself seconding the Hunting Horn (I'm a lancer by nature - However, I will not use the Gunlance as I don't really like it). I am really liking the Hunting Horn so I'll definitely be using that. Haven't tried the Dual Swords but from reading comments here, alot of people like it and that usually means they are OP as Bruno says they are so I may stay away from those.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 BrunoBRS
Ok so I am finally getting the hang of this gamepad. Still wished WiiMote controls were there. Anywho, I really like the game and I can see myself seconding the Hunting Horn (I'm a lancer by nature - However, I will not use the Gunlance as I don't really like it). I am really liking the Hunting Horn so I'll definitely be using that. Haven't tried the Dual Swords but from reading comments here, alot of people like it and that usually means they are OP as Bruno says they are so I may stay away from those.nini200
they are insanely fast and powerful, but the range is incredibly short. meanwhile, i'm trying to master the arts of the bow. i'm getting good at it, i just wish they didn't give me a f*cking water bow to fight water enemies. i only managed to kill the rabbit once with it, and i can't imagine the hell that it'll be to fire it underwater.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Played both demos. I'm mostly new to MH. Played the Wii Tri demo years ago and didn't "get" it then. I see the appeal now. I took down the easy boss using dual blades and it was fun. I wish the graphics were a little better but this is a 3DS up-port. The underwater boss is a huge pain. The underwater controls are terrible but tolerable. Was there a lot of underwater missions in Tri? I don't think I'd like those very much. Then again I've read that you can use items to coax the monsters out of the water and fight them back on land in the full game so maybe I'd just do that. The 3DS demo was pretty too, but I didn't hook my Circle Pad Pro and the camera was pretty wonky. Not too bad, but not ideal either. Enjoyed both demos but I'd easily go with the Wii U version for many reasons. How is the online in the game (based off Tri?) Can I expect to find missions with multiple people, if so how many players? Sorry to ask if these are obvious questions, like I said I'm a newcomer to the series
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Played both demos. I'm mostly new to MH. Played the Wii Tri demo years ago and didn't "get" it then. I see the appeal now. I took down the easy boss using dual blades and it was fun. I wish the graphics were a little better but this is a 3DS up-port. The underwater boss is a huge pain. The underwater controls are terrible but tolerable. Was there a lot of underwater missions in Tri? I don't think I'd like those very much. Then again I've read that you can use items to coax the monsters out of the water and fight them back on land in the full game so maybe I'd just do that. The 3DS demo was pretty too, but I didn't hook my Circle Pad Pro and the camera was pretty wonky. Not too bad, but not ideal either. Enjoyed both demos but I'd easily go with the Wii U version for many reasons. How is the online in the game (based off Tri?) Can I expect to find missions with multiple people, if so how many players? Sorry to ask if these are obvious questions, like I said I'm a newcomer to the series

It takes some getting use to with the controls under water. There is several missions with under water enemies but like you said you can coax some out but they'll head to water when hurt quite a bit. (i can only remember coaxing one out of water by fishing) Its 4 players in a lobby on Tri. You should be able to find players by shouting and seeing if people wanna do that mission before creating a lobby which never worked well for me as i just use to play with random people online but it never took long but i suppose now it'll be improved due to Wii-universe.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Giant letdown confirmed

So this is exactly what we all played on the Wii just higher res

What's worse is that they just took everything that was ugly before and made Hi-Res ugliness.

All the flaws and glitches from the Wii version are all in there

wiicube64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 wiicube64
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

This is my first time playing a Monster Hunter game ever and I found the demo fun! I'm probably just a noob but the 'easy' quest almost made me run the time limit. Are all the quests as long as this? 

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

This is my first time playing a Monster Hunter game ever and I found the demo fun! I'm probably just a noob but the 'easy' quest almost made me run the time limit. Are all the quests as long as this? 

wiicube64

Some of the later monsters will make that bunny seem all cute and cuddly. ;)

There are some that will take like an hour to take down and are just downright aggressive.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Jaysonguy

wiicube64

It's a pretty big time suck, you'll spend an hour or more just fighting some bosses, chipping away at them the entire time.

There's no way to level up and beat everything, even when you're doing well with weapons you'll still have to devote 50-80 minutes straight for a monster.

There's no natural progression like other games in the series.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BrunoBRS

wiicube64
the game actually gives a 50 minute timer to beat enemies in the full game, but aside from a few troublemakers (and the early game, when you're getting used to the hunts), they shouldn't go past 30 minutes. with practice and the right weapons (not weapon types, just weapons), that bunny can be taken down in as little as 10 minutes. for the rabbit, you would probably want to bring a fire-element weapon, or a stun element weapon (like the dual blades in the demo), since that will do more damage and get the enemy stuck in place, respectively.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Played both demos. I'm mostly new to MH. Played the Wii Tri demo years ago and didn't "get" it then. I see the appeal now. I took down the easy boss using dual blades and it was fun. I wish the graphics were a little better but this is a 3DS up-port. The underwater boss is a huge pain. The underwater controls are terrible but tolerable. Was there a lot of underwater missions in Tri? I don't think I'd like those very much. Then again I've read that you can use items to coax the monsters out of the water and fight them back on land in the full game so maybe I'd just do that. The 3DS demo was pretty too, but I didn't hook my Circle Pad Pro and the camera was pretty wonky. Not too bad, but not ideal either. Enjoyed both demos but I'd easily go with the Wii U version for many reasons. How is the online in the game (based off Tri?) Can I expect to find missions with multiple people, if so how many players? Sorry to ask if these are obvious questions, like I said I'm a newcomer to the series

i have yet to try underwater since i found this out, but there's a lock-on option that might make fighting enemies underwater easier. there weren't that many that were strictly underwater, but depending on the monster, it will prefer staying underwater more, or staying on the ground more. the Royal Ludroth, for example, is one of the amphibious monsters that is mostly fought on land, and the Gobul can actually be fished out of the water with a rod, if it hasn't noticed the players in the area yet. for the lock-on i mention, just tap the monster's icon on the touch screen once you find it, and then tapping L will center the camera on them, rather than behind the player. it's very useful, and does almost all of the needed camera work. online on Tri was one of the smoothest i've seen on the wii. pick a lobby, choose a mission, gather up to 3 other hunters, and head out. Tri's online was also very crowded for at least a year (i stopped playing after that so i wouldn't know how well it fared after that).
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 moltenix

I tried fighting Plesioth again this morning. Got killed once early on due to recklessness and then ran out of time; stupid thing was probably only a few hits from dying.

The lock-on definitely helps on the 3DS (at least on land); I can usually take down Lagombi just fine by mostly tapping L with the occasional use of the virtual d-pad. As for underwater, lock-on helps but you definitely need need to use the d-pad a lot more. It works well when you're at about the same depth as the monster but when you're below or above it in the water, locking on can be a bit disorienting.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
I got it downloaded and installed last night, tonight I'll try it out on WiiU. If anyone wants to add me and try MP, let me know,
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Played both demos. I'm mostly new to MH. Played the Wii Tri demo years ago and didn't "get" it then. I see the appeal now. I took down the easy boss using dual blades and it was fun. I wish the graphics were a little better but this is a 3DS up-port. The underwater boss is a huge pain. The underwater controls are terrible but tolerable. Was there a lot of underwater missions in Tri? I don't think I'd like those very much. Then again I've read that you can use items to coax the monsters out of the water and fight them back on land in the full game so maybe I'd just do that. The 3DS demo was pretty too, but I didn't hook my Circle Pad Pro and the camera was pretty wonky. Not too bad, but not ideal either. Enjoyed both demos but I'd easily go with the Wii U version for many reasons. How is the online in the game (based off Tri?) Can I expect to find missions with multiple people, if so how many players? Sorry to ask if these are obvious questions, like I said I'm a newcomer to the series

i have yet to try underwater since i found this out, but there's a lock-on option that might make fighting enemies underwater easier. there weren't that many that were strictly underwater, but depending on the monster, it will prefer staying underwater more, or staying on the ground more. the Royal Ludroth, for example, is one of the amphibious monsters that is mostly fought on land, and the Gobul can actually be fished out of the water with a rod, if it hasn't noticed the players in the area yet. for the lock-on i mention, just tap the monster's icon on the touch screen once you find it, and then tapping L will center the camera on them, rather than behind the player. it's very useful, and does almost all of the needed camera work. online on Tri was one of the smoothest i've seen on the wii. pick a lobby, choose a mission, gather up to 3 other hunters, and head out. Tri's online was also very crowded for at least a year (i stopped playing after that so i wouldn't know how well it fared after that).

Thanks for the respond, hopefully I'll see you online come March 19th!
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Played both demos. I'm mostly new to MH. Played the Wii Tri demo years ago and didn't "get" it then. I see the appeal now. I took down the easy boss using dual blades and it was fun. I wish the graphics were a little better but this is a 3DS up-port. The underwater boss is a huge pain. The underwater controls are terrible but tolerable. Was there a lot of underwater missions in Tri? I don't think I'd like those very much. Then again I've read that you can use items to coax the monsters out of the water and fight them back on land in the full game so maybe I'd just do that. The 3DS demo was pretty too, but I didn't hook my Circle Pad Pro and the camera was pretty wonky. Not too bad, but not ideal either. Enjoyed both demos but I'd easily go with the Wii U version for many reasons. How is the online in the game (based off Tri?) Can I expect to find missions with multiple people, if so how many players? Sorry to ask if these are obvious questions, like I said I'm a newcomer to the series

It takes some getting use to with the controls under water. There is several missions with under water enemies but like you said you can coax some out but they'll head to water when hurt quite a bit. (i can only remember coaxing one out of water by fishing) Its 4 players in a lobby on Tri. You should be able to find players by shouting and seeing if people wanna do that mission before creating a lobby which never worked well for me as i just use to play with random people online but it never took long but i suppose now it'll be improved due to Wii-universe.

Sounds fun. Looking forward to 3 Ultimate in a month
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#118 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Played both demos. I'm mostly new to MH. Played the Wii Tri demo years ago and didn't "get" it then. I see the appeal now. I took down the easy boss using dual blades and it was fun. I wish the graphics were a little better but this is a 3DS up-port. The underwater boss is a huge pain. The underwater controls are terrible but tolerable. Was there a lot of underwater missions in Tri? I don't think I'd like those very much. Then again I've read that you can use items to coax the monsters out of the water and fight them back on land in the full game so maybe I'd just do that. The 3DS demo was pretty too, but I didn't hook my Circle Pad Pro and the camera was pretty wonky. Not too bad, but not ideal either. Enjoyed both demos but I'd easily go with the Wii U version for many reasons. How is the online in the game (based off Tri?) Can I expect to find missions with multiple people, if so how many players? Sorry to ask if these are obvious questions, like I said I'm a newcomer to the series

Underwater missions were pretty fun but more challenging IMO. I also believe it can bee too hard to control the camera in the 3DS so, perhaps, I'll need to reserve those quests when playing in the Wii U. I still miss a lot the Wiimote option, but I think I can get used sooner or later. BTW, how do you shoot with the lance? and what for are the musical notes in the flute? Finally, agreed on the dual swords, those things are killers!
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#119 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I got it downloaded and installed last night, tonight I'll try it out on WiiU. If anyone wants to add me and try MP, let me know,Heil68
Demo has no MP option, just 2 quests to let you try all weapons in an easy hunt and an advanced one. Regards!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Thanks for the respond, hopefully I'll see you online come March 19th!

you won't, because i don't have a wii u :P[QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"] BTW, how do you shoot with the lance? and what for are the musical notes in the flute?

check the manual, they explain the controls and mechanics. the hunting horn's notes give different buffs depending on the order you get them. there's a list of 'songs' on the manual.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 nini200

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Thanks for the respond, hopefully I'll see you online come March 19th!BrunoBRS
you won't, because i don't have a wii u :P

But isn't this game cross compatible between the wiiU and 3DS?  I thought it was

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Thanks for the respond, hopefully I'll see you online come March 19th!nini200

But isn't this game cross compatible between the wiiU and 3DS?  I thought it was

it is, but i can't play online if i don't have a wii u lol.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 moltenix

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Thanks for the respond, hopefully I'll see you online come March 19th!nini200

3DS doesn't have online. :P

Cross play is for local multiplayer only.

wiicube64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 wiicube64
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

After playing the demo a ton on both the Wii U and the 3DS, I've decided to get both versions so I can use cross save! I think we've all needed something to play on Wii U so March can't come soon enough, haha.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I am glad I played the demo. The game is way to boring for me. Its not fun at all.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 BrunoBRS
i killed the plesioth (fish). i feel like when i killed the great jaggi for the first time. it's this mix of adrenaline and excitement. i was almost out of time, already out of mega potions and life powders, my trap and flash bombs were wasted (managed to hit with the barrels, somehow). then when it tried to run away for the upteenth time (seriously, stay in one place already), i did one last desperate slash, which nearly missed its tail. but it didn't. and it fell dead. and there was much joy.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BrunoBRS
as for the underwater combat, my only issue now is that the dodge mechanics are all iffy because they wanted to map a dive/surface thing to the dodge button, so i don't always dodge in the direction i want. but the lock-on makes it so much easier, you just have to use the Dpad to adjust the camera slightly.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jaysonguy

I am glad I played the demo. The game is way to boring for me. Its not fun at all. AutoPilotOn

Yes, add that in with the broken mechanics and sub par graphics and this is a complete failure.

Though you should check out some of the other installments of the franchise, the Wii U is just the worst one we've seen so far.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I am glad I played the demo. The game is way to boring for me. Its not fun at all. Jaysonguy

Yes, add that in with the broken mechanics and sub par graphics and this is a complete failure.

Though you should check out some of the other installments of the franchise, the Wii U is just the worst one we've seen so far.

Are there other attacks? All I seemed to be able to do was swing sword one or two attacks, roll away or block.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I am glad I played the demo. The game is way to boring for me. Its not fun at all. AutoPilotOn

Are there other attacks? All I seemed to be able to do was swing sword one or two attacks, roll away or block.

Yes, the controls aren't intuitive at all.

Read over the manual and find the class you think would be good with and then try out all their moves.

This really needed a tutorial.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I am glad I played the demo. The game is way to boring for me. Its not fun at all. Jaysonguy

I thought the same thing when i played the demo yesterday. The controls just...blow really. It's far too slow for my liking and I couldn't help but feel like your almost completely disconnected from your character for how slow everything plays out. 

I'm sure the game has it's good points but the melee combat just wasn't enjoyable for me. This game would benefit greatly with a combat system similar to Chivalry's, quick, a lot more accurate, and a hell of a lot of fun to attack with. 

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I am glad I played the demo. The game is way to boring for me. Its not fun at all. jer_1

I thought the same thing when i played the demo yesterday. The controls just...blow really. It's far too slow for my liking and I couldn't help but feel like your almost completely disconnected from your character for how slow everything plays out. 

I'm sure the game has it's good points but the melee combat just wasn't enjoyable for me. This game would benefit greatly with a combat system similar to Chivalry's, quick, a lot more accurate, and a hell of a lot of fun to attack with. 

What we're seeing is that it's a Wii game that's just being played at a higher resolution.

So certain things had to work certain ways to run on the Wii.

Instead of fixing those issues and giving us a full on new game on par with the other installments they just threw a coat of wax on everything and called it a day.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Yes, add that in with the broken mechanics and sub par graphics and this is a complete failure.Though you should check out some of the other installments of the franchise, the Wii U is just the worst one we've seen so far.

and you base this on a 20 minute demo?
Hell this game has all the content of tri and portable 3. How is it the worst? Oh wait, you're just talking out of your ass and probably haven't played any other monster hunter game except tri

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I am glad I played the demo. The game is way to boring for me. Its not fun at all. AutoPilotOn

the demo is really poor for newcomers. there are 3 different attack buttons, and how you chain attacks depends on the weapon (for example the longsword feels incredibly slow unless you know the basic combo). the manual they provide goes in-depth with each weapon, at least in-depth enough to let you know how to control it properly, but the demo really lacks that "early moments" tutorial that the full game has, something to let you get used to controls and mechanics before pitting you against 'bosses'.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I am glad I played the demo. The game is way to boring for me. Its not fun at all. Shinobishyguy

Yes, add that in with the broken mechanics and sub par graphics and this is a complete failure.Though you should check out some of the other installments of the franchise, the Wii U is just the worst one we've seen so far.

and you base this on a 20 minute demo?
Hell this game has all the content of tri and portable 3. How is it the worst? Oh wait, you're just talking out of your ass and probably haven't played any other monster hunter game except tri

you're talking to jaysonguy. you should know better. thread was fine with everyone ignoring him up until now.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BrunoBRS
TRIPLE POST!!! i managed to kill the fish with the bow. it was surprisingly easy to use it underwater, thanks to the lock-on. the range felt really poor though, i wonder if there's some coating for underwater combat like how bowguns have underwater ammo.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 dobzilian

[QUOTE="jer_1"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Yes, add that in with the broken mechanics and sub par graphics and this is a complete failure.Though you should check out some of the other installments of the franchise, the Wii U is just the worst one we've seen so far.Jaysonguy
I thought the same thing when i played the demo yesterday. The controls just...blow really. It's far too slow for my liking and I couldn't help but feel like your almost completely disconnected from your character for how slow everything plays out. I'm sure the game has it's good points but the melee combat just wasn't enjoyable for me. This game would benefit greatly with a combat system similar to Chivalry's, quick, a lot more accurate, and a hell of a lot of fun to attack with. 

What we're seeing is that it's a Wii game that's just being played at a higher resolution.So certain things had to work certain ways to run on the Wii.Instead of fixing those issues and giving us a full on new game on par with the other installments they just threw a coat of wax on everything and called it a day.

Do you honestly believe the crap you come out with sometimes?

serious question as you are like SW's Troll who got lost one day and thought he'd stay for the pie.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] you won't, because i don't have a wii u :Pmoltenix

3DS doesn't have online. :P

Cross play is for local multiplayer only.

Wow, DEFINITELY not picking up the 3DS version then.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 dobzilian
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Yes which varies weapon to weapon. You need to learn them to be able to get the maximum damage against monsters.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="jer_1"]I thought the same thing when i played the demo yesterday. The controls just...blow really. It's far too slow for my liking and I couldn't help but feel like your almost completely disconnected from your character for how slow everything plays out. I'm sure the game has it's good points but the melee combat just wasn't enjoyable for me. This game would benefit greatly with a combat system similar to Chivalry's, quick, a lot more accurate, and a hell of a lot of fun to attack with. dobzilian

What we're seeing is that it's a Wii game that's just being played at a higher resolution.So certain things had to work certain ways to run on the Wii.Instead of fixing those issues and giving us a full on new game on par with the other installments they just threw a coat of wax on everything and called it a day.

serious question as you are like SW's Troll who got lost one day and thought he'd stay for the pie.

lol

So you think this is a new game?

That's adorable!

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="jer_1"]I thought the same thing when i played the demo yesterday. The controls just...blow really. It's far too slow for my liking and I couldn't help but feel like your almost completely disconnected from your character for how slow everything plays out. I'm sure the game has it's good points but the melee combat just wasn't enjoyable for me. This game would benefit greatly with a combat system similar to Chivalry's, quick, a lot more accurate, and a hell of a lot of fun to attack with. dobzilian

Now normally I always disagree with jayson but in this case he is right. This is just a Wii game made to work on the Wii U with some upgraded features. It's not a new game.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]What we're seeing is that it's a Wii game that's just being played at a higher resolution.So certain things had to work certain ways to run on the Wii.Instead of fixing those issues and giving us a full on new game on par with the other installments they just threw a coat of wax on everything and called it a day.Jaysonguy

lol

So you think this is a new game?

That's adorable!

everyone is well aware that it's not 100% new. you're the only one that has an issue with it though.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 BrunoBRS
tried the switchaxe, it's definitely going to be my main melee weapon in this game. there's just such a vast array of attacks and combinations, it's fast, it's got good range, it has AMAZING damage (took the lagombi in less than 10 minute), and it's very different from the greatsword, which is also something i'm looking for. such a fun weapon to use. it even comes with its own built-in button mashing QTE finisher :P SA and B&A for me, inclined to keep the bow for multiplayer only, as i still don't think it's the optimal weapon for soloing.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

SA and B&A for me, inclined to keep the bow for multiplayer only, as i still don't think it's the optimal weapon for soloing.BrunoBRS
The bow is really good if you have the elemental advantage and the proper skills. I would recommend it for end-game soloing though since it's pretty hard to obtain good skills and the materials needed for an awesome bow early in the game.

I was very disappointed with the bow in the demo; water doesn't do enough damage against Lagombi and Plesioth.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] SA and B&A for me, inclined to keep the bow for multiplayer only, as i still don't think it's the optimal weapon for soloing.ANIMEguy10034

The bow is really good if you have the elemental advantage and the proper skills. I would recommend it for end-game soloing though since it's pretty hard to obtain good skills and the materials needed for an awesome bow early in the game.

I was very disappointed with the bow in the demo; water doesn't do enough damage against Lagombi and Plesioth.

it's a bit painful, but i managed to kill them both with the bow. it's not as much reliability as "going melee with the bow isn't as fun as pulling combos with the switchaxe", and the bow really does feel like a weapon better used with another player fighting alongside you.
mike2238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 mike2238
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Anyone interested in forming a team? I'll be new to this game when it comes out and I dont want to go it alone. PM! :D

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 moltenix

I've always been a big hammer fan in Tri. The only downside of course is that I can't go chopping off any monster parts with them. :P

I find Greatswords to be a bit clunky to use and mostly used Longswords if I needed a cutting weapon. Anyway, i've been experimenting a lot with the Switchaxe lately and i'm starting to get the hang of it. Will definitely try to use them as my secondary weapon type next to hammers.

Anyone try the Hunting Horn yet? It looks very similar to a Hammer but just looking through the manual for it makes my head spin. I'm sure its a lot less complicated than it seems.

Francis569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Francis569
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So this is a remake with extra content? I dont follow the game and only interested because I got a Wiiu.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

So this is a remake with extra content? I dont follow the game and only interested because I got a Wiiu.      Francis569
Pretty much.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BrunoBRS

I've always been a big hammer fan in Tri. The only downside of course is that I can't go chopping off any monster parts with them. :P

I find Greatswords to be a bit clunky to use and mostly used Longswords if I needed a cutting weapon. Anyway, i've been experimenting a lot with the Switchaxe lately and i'm starting to get the hang of it. Will definitely try to use them as my secondary weapon type next to hammers.

Anyone try the Hunting Horn yet? It looks very similar to a Hammer but just looking through the manual for it makes my head spin. I'm sure its a lot less complicated than it seems.

moltenix
the hunting horn was quite the surprise. i actually move around faster with it drawn than sprinting with it on my back, thanks to the movement speed buff (which is super easy to pull). it's strong, it gives you a ton of buffs, it's somewhat fast when attacking... i really didn't have much trouble using it.