Modern Warfare 3 will most likely not be released on the Wii

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flyingtorso2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 flyingtorso2
Member since 2010 • 790 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5803949/will-modern-warfare-3-skip-the-wii

I see why Infinity Ward is not releasing on the Wii due to the fact that Treyarch is the developer that made all of the COD games on the Wii and since Modern Warefare 2 didn't come out on the Wii yet why would they start at Modern Warfare 3. I have a feeling that Treyarch will most likely release a port of Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii about the same time Modern Warfare 3 comes out for the other systems? So is anyone upset by this or do you guys really don't care?

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
Don't care. If I really want to play it, I will get it for PC, but even then I'm not interested.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

They will probably put it on the new Nintendo system. :)

ImBananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ImBananas
Member since 2009 • 1793 Posts

Thank God, they're keeping that trash away from the wii.

I think they should port CoD2 instead, I'd be happy then, maybe improve the graphics just a tad (not much, I still want it to be nostalgic,) add a few new features to make it a little bit more of a remake, such as throwing grenades back, maybe a few features from goldeneye 007 wii, then it'd be just perfect.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I can't say I particularly care.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I don't really care after Activsion attempted to buy off BO reviewers.I don't thinkthe Wii version of MW3 would get fair reviews in the first place anyway if it ever released.

kai_311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kai_311
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts

Port COD2 and improve the graphics? Are you talking about Big Red One here or the actual COD2 on PC and 360? If that's the case, its more like dumbing down the graphics. A port of COD2 would be nice but I just dont see it happening.

http://kotaku.com/5803949/will-modern-warfare-3-skip-the-wii

I see why Infinity Ward is not releasing on the Wii due to the fact that Treyarch is the developer that made all of the COD games on the Wii and since Modern Warefare 2 didn't come out on the Wii yet why would they start at Modern Warfare 3. I have a feeling that Treyarch will most likely release a port of Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii about the same time Modern Warfare 3 comes out for the other systems? So is anyone upset by this or do you guys really don't care?

flyingtorso2

Upset? Not really. If MW3 will be on the Wii, it would be like Black Ops. I'm not saying BO is a bad game on the Wii but contents and features were taken out.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

*plink*

...WTF! It landed on its side :/

*smashes it with foot*

Which side? IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH SIDE!!!!!

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
dont care. COD is only for little kids with xbox's anymore.
mastahwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mastahwolf
Member since 2010 • 171 Posts
shame , CoD Bops on Wii wasnt that bad compared to the other versions
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Yeah they'll probably port Modern Warfare 2 when 3 comes out, which is good for Wii only owners. Modern Warfare 2 was my favorite Call of Duty, well the online party anyway, the single player mode was just okay with a terrible story. I'll be getting MW3 on the 360 anyway, that's the one multiplatform game that I don't want to play on the Wii. Not because of the graphics, but because of the framerate, and also because I play with my brother and he only owns a 360. Also I wish people who stop saying these games are horrible. Criticizing Activision for being greedy and milking the franchise is a valid point, but the games themselves range from being good to great. They are all solid products. There's a difference between being a game that you don't care about by a company you personally can't stand and being a terrible game. It would be nice if people made that distinction. I have no interest in L.A. Noire for example (which seems to be getting a lot of attention lately) because I don't like openworld sandbox games. I'm not a fan of the the style and I get tired of hearing about Rockstar all the time. However I would never say the game is trashy. I'm sure it's a great game, just not one that appeals to me.

keybladegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 keybladegamer
Member since 2011 • 516 Posts

I honestly do not care MW3 isn't on the wii. It gives me another excuse not to buy it:P.

Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

I will be fairly dissapointed as I am a COD wii player

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
It wouldn't make very much sense not to port it to the Wii. A Wii version would mean more sales.
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#15 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
I'm not too worried, but there must be some audience of Wii players that do - after all, 'Reflex was supposed to be not too bad at all.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Could care less about the MW games. I bought Black Ops because I like the the Cold War era but have skipped all the MW ones.
Boba_Fett86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Boba_Fett86
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I would expect to see MW2 before MW3 being ported to the Wii. Who knows though, we are dealing with different developers this time around and with the success of Black Ops on the Wii a port would be likely this time around. Im sure we may find out as soon as E3 hits in a couple weeks.

ImBananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ImBananas
Member since 2009 • 1793 Posts

Port COD2 and improve the graphics? Are you talking about Big Red One here or the actual COD2 on PC and 360? If that's the case, its more like dumbing down the graphicskai_311
I mean Big Red One, it was really enjoyable to me and it was one of my favorite games, so good that I'm actually contemplating buying CoD3 for the PS2 or for the wii.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Treyarch decided to release Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii this year while Modern Warfare 3 comes out on other platforms. However considering Nintendo has a new console coming out in 2012, I don't know whether or not Activision would invest money in creating a separate Wii version of Modern Warfare 2. They might just forgo it.

Also to note, the two heads of Infinity Ward are gone and Modern Warfare 3 is being developed by three teams, which could potentially mean that the Wii might be a platform that those development teams want to create titles for.

It's a very weird situation :P.

flyingtorso2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 flyingtorso2

So now Modern Warfare 3 may come to the Wii. Apparently if you go to the Call of Duty official site it is also listed for the Wii and DS. This is kinda odd if this it true because there has never been a Modern Warfare game released on the Wii and starting at Modern Warfare 3 wouldn't make much sense. Here's where I got it from:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/302672/news/modern-warfare-3-coming-to-wii-ds/

Boba_Fett86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Boba_Fett86
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

So now Modern Warfare 3 may come to the Wii. Apparently if you go to the Call of Duty official site it is also listed for the Wii and DS. This is kinda odd if this it true because there has never been a Modern Warfare game released on the Wii and starting at Modern Warfare 3 wouldn't make much sense. Here's where I got it from:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/302672/news/modern-warfare-3-coming-to-wii-ds/

flyingtorso2

Um Modern Warfare Reflex must not count? lol

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AlmightyDerek

flyingtorso2
Modern Warfare 1 came out on the Wii, a year after it released on the other systems. They called it Modern Warfare Reflex Edition. It does seem weird that they would made a DS version but not a 3DS one. Seems that since the Wii and the 3DS are so close graphically that they could do both with little effort.
flyingtorso2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 flyingtorso2

[QUOTE="flyingtorso2"]

Boba_Fett86

Um Modern Warfare Reflex must not count? lol

Sorry, my mistake I've even played Modern Warfare Reflex on the Wii and I still forgot, lol. I mean to say that infinity ward has never released a Modern Warfare game on the Wii.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Good

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Good. Dont need the corruption known as COD corrupting the Wii. COD sucks and it always will suck.

Master_Of_Fools
LOL seriously?
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 meetroid8
[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

Good. Dont need the corruption known as COD corrupting the Wii. COD sucks and it always will suck.

Michael0134567
LOL seriously?

Its a bad game, what more is there to say?
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
Rather have Black Ops 2. Hopefully that will be on the next system. I don't really care for the Modern Warfare series. Not a big lost in my eyes.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

meetroid8
LOL seriously?

How's it bad?And I'm 99.9% sure it wouldn't "corrupt" the Wii.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

good. that way they can release it next year so that we get all the maps.

they should bring MW2 this year to the wii.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

If they're going to do a wii-only version of MW2 on the wii, why not just do a whole new CoD for the wii?

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] LOL seriously?Michael0134567

Because some people don't know the definition of a bad game. They think that if they have no interenst in it, or they just hate the developer/publisher it's bad. Call of Duty games always get pretty good to excellent reviews which would indicate they are good or great games. This is a bad game. I suggest people should stop using the term so loosely because it loses meaning for the games that truly deserve it.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 meetroid8

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="meetroid8"] Its a bad game, what more is there to say?AlmightyDerek

Because some people don't know the definition of a bad game. They think that if they have no interenst in it, or they just hate the developer/publisher it's bad. Call of Duty games always get pretty good to excellent reviews which would indicate they are good or great games. This is a bad game. I suggest people should stop using the term so loosely because it loses meaning for the games that truly deserve it.

Or maby it recieved such great reviews beacuse of this.

Some of us crazy people tend to think that bland, generic shooter campiagns with cliche stories, and unbalanced, glitchy multiplayer make for a bad game.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] How's it bad?And I'm 99.9% sure it wouldn't "corrupt" the Wii.meetroid8

Some of us crazy people tend to think that bland, generic shooter campiagns with cliche stories, and unbalanced, glitchy multiplayer make for a bad game.

That still isn't the definition of a bad game. Even if those things you describe are true (which I mostly don't agree) than it would be a mediocre game, not a bad game. I'm not really a FPS fan myself, but playing Call of Duty online is a lot of fun. I actually prefer artistic colorful games, but that doesn't mean I can't play realistic games occasionally. You're right about the story though. Black Ops has had the the best story of any recent Call of Duty game and it was just okay. That's not why I play it though, so I don't care. Online is fun, even if it is unbalanced, whatever you mean by that. Whether or not one of the Call of Duty games was reviewed unfairly or not doesn't matter to me, as it's just videogame politics which doesn't mean anything in real life. They are still good games whether you like them or not. I don't call every game that I don't like bad. I hate open world sandbox games because you have to do to much work to find gameplay, plus as they are so big they tend to be extra glitchy. That doesn't mean I'm going to say GTA or Assassins Creed are bad games. I personally don't care if you like Call of Duty or not, but you shouldn't say it's a bad game when it isn't one. Save that for games that truly deserve it. Not everything has to be bad or good, there are nuances.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 meetroid8
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

AlmightyDerek

That still isn't the definition of a bad game. Even if those things you describe are true (which I mostly don't agree) than it would be a mediocre game, not a bad game. I'm not really a FPS fan myself, but playing Call of Duty online is a lot of fun. I actually prefer artistic colorful games, but that doesn't mean I can't play realistic games occasionally. You're right about the story though. Black Ops has had the the best story of any recent Call of Duty game and it was just okay. That's not why I play it though, so I don't care. Online is fun, even if it is unbalanced, whatever you mean by that. Whether or not one of the Call of Duty games was reviewed unfairly or not doesn't matter to me, as it's just videogame politics which doesn't mean anything in real life. They are still good games whether you like them or not. I don't call every game that I don't like bad. I hate open world sandbox games because you have to do to much work to find gameplay, plus as they are so big they tend to be extra glitchy. That doesn't mean I'm going to say GTA or Assassins Creed are bad games. I personally don't care if you like Call of Duty or not, but you shouldn't say it's a bad game when it isn't one. Save that for games that truly deserve it. Not everything has to be bad or good, there are nuances.

Yes being generic, unbalanced, and glitchy are objectively bad features. This isn't a matter of opinion, those are major problems with the games, and they without a doubt exist. This isn't about me not liking the games, this about them being bad games. As for your, "you just don't know the difference between dislike and bad" argument, I detest SMG2, GTA4, and Halo, but I can recognize the quality of those games. CoD is objectively bad.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]

meetroid8

Yes being generic, unbalanced, and glitchy are objectively bad features. This isn't a matter of opinion, those are major problems with the games, and they without a doubt exist. This isn't about me not liking the games, this about them being bad games. As for your, "you just don't know the difference between dislike and bad" argument, I detest SMG2, GTA4, and Halo, but I can recognize the quality of those games. CoD is objectively bad.

You detest Super Mario Galaxy 2?! Nevermind I'm not even going to bother arguing anymore. At least we both apparently like Okami, I guess.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Yeah they'll probably port Modern Warfare 2 when 3 comes out, which is good for Wii only owners.

AlmightyDerek

More like insulting to Wii only owners. I'll never understand how Activision even had the guts to do such a thing with the first MW AND actually get away with it.

But I digress. MW3... No MW3... MW2... No MW at all... I really couldn't care less. :P

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#38 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

They released Modern Warfare Reflex Edition on the Wii-- was that still done by Infinity Ward?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#39 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

They released Modern Warfare Reflex Edition on the Wii-- was that still done by Infinity Ward?

MathMattS
Treyarch built Modern Warfare Reflex from the ground up for the Wii. It wasn't Infinity Ward who developed the Wii version.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
We will either get Modern Warfare 2 or this and I will be happy to play either.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] How's it bad?And I'm 99.9% sure it wouldn't "corrupt" the Wii.meetroid8

I love on how you're treating COD as if its NinjaBreadMan
DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#42 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

Eh, I couldn't care less. Never really cared for the series or FPS's in general, I only bought COD4:MW on PS3, which I never hardly played. FPS games are pretty bland and monotonous in my eyes. They will probably be moving it to the next Nintendo console since...

1. Wii will be dying down because Nintendo's new console is coming
  2. Wii is dying down now
  3. The console is coming in 2012 which means instead of people buying what's about to be a phased out console and games, they'll just save up reserve and buy Nintendo's new console since from history Nintendo never keeps an old console on market too long after their next is released(I'm looking at you PS2).
  4. Activison may not be willing to take that bet and will instead introduce it on the next Nintendo console, with added features and throw it out as a launch title.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 meetroid8

I love on how you're treating COD as if its NinjaBreadManLastRambo341

I love how you use ad hominems instead of actually arguing against my points.

You detest Super Mario Galaxy 2?! Nevermind I'm not even going to bother arguing anymore. At least we both apparently like Okami, I guess.

AlmightyDerek

I guess I must just be a moron then eh?

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] I love on how you're treating COD as if its NinjaBreadManmeetroid8

AlmightyDerek

That is what I see from the way you're describing the franchise.

Anyways, you're wrong about COD and SMG2. They are very good games. You may not like them but that does not make them horrible.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

LastRambo341

That is what I see from the way you're describing the franchise.

Anyways, you're wrong about COD and SMG2. They are very good games. You may not like them but that does not make them horrible.

Did you even read my post? I specifically said that even though I didn't enjoy SMG2(The only thing I didn't like was how linear it was, it didn't ruin the game for me or anything, I'd just much rather prefer to play a non linear game) I recognize what a great game it is, same with Halo and GTA4. You say I'm wrong about CoD, but you don't develop any argument. Care to elaborate?
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] I love on how you're treating COD as if its NinjaBreadManmeetroid8

AlmightyDerek

I never said you were a moron. Lack of fondness for certain video games doesn't really have much to do with intelligence. I just figured since you don't like SMG2 which is an almost universally praised game, you must have very different video game tastes than me. I was just assuming that it would be pointless to try and convince you, and I don't feel like being argumentative anymore.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I knew someone would use that review event eventually.

Profiteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 Profiteer
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts
Modern Warfare 3 definately has made up a terrible reputation before it's even in stores. I'm going to wait and see how it turns out, but I'd most likely get it for another console even if it was good & available on Wii. I didn't like playing any of the previous CoDs on Wii. Never enjoyed shooters quite as much on the Wii.
Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

I doubt we'll see Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii either, it was made on the IW4.0 engine, Black Ops, World at War and Modern Warfare Reflex were made on the IW3.0.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#50 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]

meetroid8

There's no such thing as "objective" badness. It is simply your opinion, which makes it subjective badness.

Really, it completely astounds me that so many people on GS can't make that distinction.