Mario All Stars - I could've done better.

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I fully agree with you. After this much time passed, a game on a disc and titled "Super Mario All-Stars" should have more. Heck, they could've put all the older Super Mario games on it, Sunshine included.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Wait, Nintendo's SNES emulator doesn't have Super FX support? That's funny, because Super Mario RPG and Super Metroid both have Super FX and/or Mode 7 support (I still can't tell the difference between the two), and I have them both on my Wii.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#53 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Wait, Nintendo's SNES emulator doesn't have Super FX support? That's funny, because Super Mario RPG and Super Metroid both have Super FX and/or Mode 7 support (I still can't tell the difference between the two), and I have them both on my Wii.tjoeb123
Those use mode 7. Mode 7 is the scaling of one texure in any plane where super fx can do flat shaded polygons or rotating sprites (in the case of Yoshi's Island).
fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

Its only $30. Plus it comes with a Soundtrack. and, its LIMITED EDITION :D. But seriously, if you want Mario WORLD, just choke up the money and buy it on VC. The point of releasing this collection is that they didn't release the mario games with the "updated" graphics on the VC, and it is a collectable limited edition.

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

yes indeed, they could have made this game a lot more worth while, which is pobably why i wont be getting it.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

Its only $30. Plus it comes with a Soundtrack. and, its LIMITED EDITION :D. But seriously, if you want Mario WORLD, just choke up the money and buy it on VC. The point of releasing this collection is that they didn't release the mario games with the "updated" graphics on the VC, and it is a collectable limited edition.

fred1712

It has almost sold 500k in Japan.

There is no "Limited" in half a million copies of a game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="fred1712"]

JLF1

Please tell me you're kidding :|

How many have to be made to be considered "limited" in your eyes?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#58 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

The Soundtrack is only coming with 10 songs so it isn't really something I would be willing to spend my money on since I have Mario Advance 4 and all the originals on the Virtual Console.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
People please stop being so ignorant. Yes it is the same SNES on a disc but this re-launch is more of a collector's item. You're purchasing a looking box that comes with the game inside a case with cool mario art, booklet, a soundtrack cd and a history booklet. All off them marked with the Mario 25th anniversary logo and just for a limited time. IF YOU DON'T WANT IT THEN DON'T GET IT.
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

The Soundtrack is only coming with 10 songs so it isn't really something I would be willing to spend my money on since I have Mario Advance 4 and all the originals on the Virtual Console.

chocolate1325
DOUBLE FACEPALM! Dude it comes with 20 songs, check the official site.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I agree. Here's what games they should include in the package imo:

- Super Mario Bros. (NES)

- Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)

- Super Mario USA (SMB.2 in US and Europe, NES)

- Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

- Super Mario World (SNES)

- Super Mario 64 (N64)

What Nintendo put in, was poor (All-Stars without SMW even).

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

- Super Mario 64 (N64)

nameless12345

So you wanted all that for 50?

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tjoeb123

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

- Super Mario 64 (N64)

Jaysonguy

So you wanted all that for 50?

The hell does that mean? Just now, I realized that if Nintendo put every one of those extra games in the collection, they'd lose money on their VC downloads. I think.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DJ_Lae
Just now, I realized that if Nintendo put every one of those extra games in the collection, they'd lose money on their VC downloads. I think.tjoeb123
I think they've already sold as many copies of those games on the Virtual Console as they're going to sell - most people who wanted them have already purchased them. Tossing them in a Mario collection wouldn't hurt them at all, it's essentially selling the same game to the same people all over again. Having said that, if Nintendo can charge $22 for a partial soundtrack and a red box to crazy fans, more power to them.
Witch24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Witch24
Member since 2008 • 329 Posts
I have snes version of " Super Mario Allstar+ Super Mario World", and downloaded SMB 3 nes version on VC on the wii. Still i have preordered this game...im a big fan i guess :P Looking forward to get it
Pichoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pichoro
Member since 2003 • 197 Posts

I briefly considered getting this... But then I thought, why? Will I really listen to the soundtrack? No. Is the history book that desirable to me? No. I already have this exact game for SNES, but it's not like I drag it out to play. But instead, I could complete my Super Mario Bros. VC set for less. I already have SMB3, and don't particularly want Lost Levels, so why not spend $10 get SMB and SMB2 instead of $30 on this over-priced piece of fan service? I think I'd rather have the original graphics anyway.

It's more stuff like the Club Nintendo rewards - more junk to gather dust. Posters, cards, fans, pins, figurines? Mario hats? What is with all the crap? And now a soundtrack? No way.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tjoeb123
Well, who knows? Maybe if we install it, and it later becomes available on Wii VC, and that has SMW as well, they may let us update. Like that'll ever happen.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DJ_Lae
Well, who knows? Maybe if we install it, and it later becomes available on Wii VC, and that has SMW as well, they may let us update. Like that'll ever happen.tjoeb123
Chances are they'll just release All Stars on the Virtual Console mid next year after everyone's already spent $30 on their so-called 'collector's' items, so that if they want to be able to play it without sticking a disc in it'll cost an extra $10 or $15 (as Nintendo won't be charging 800 points for four games).
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="fred1712"]

Jaysonguy

Please tell me you're kidding :|

How many have to be made to be considered "limited" in your eyes?

20-30K