gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

I swear my left joy con joystick drifts to the right. It is so noticeable when I am playing Mario Kart 8 deluxe. I have tried calibrating in the settings menu and that doesn't fix it. You'd think Nintendo would have controllers figured out by now. My N64 joystick on my old controller is more accurate than my left joystick on the joy con. I swear does anyone else have this problem?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Yes. Pretty much everyone who owns joycons already have or will have this problem later. There's this little plate inside the joycon controlling the movements of the stick which gradually breaks down with usage. Since that piece is of terrible quality, it's not a question of "if" your joycon will drift, more of a "when".

I had do send in my joycon pair to Nintendo to get them repaired. That should last 2, maybe 3 years if I'm lucky.

My friend who owns 6 joycons had to send in 4 of them for repair. He's prepaired to send in the other two when they start to break down, which we believe is soon.

Litchies commendation of "Worst Nintendo controller ever made, not counting Power Glove" goes to the joycons.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Still no hint of it whatsoever on my OG joycons. And it's my most-used console. So... guess I'm lucky. I do have drift on my X1 controller, despite me rarely using the uncomfortable piece. Dunno what to say

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#4 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Still no hint of it whatsoever on my OG joycons. And it's my most-used console. So... guess I'm lucky. I do have drift on my X1 controller, despite me rarely using the uncomfortable piece. Dunno what to say

This is my second switch. Bought multiple new Joycons for the first one, and even new Joycons would drift, somehow.

My guess is that, in my case, the console was the issue. Nintendo had no interest in fixing it.

I was looking to buy Smash Ultimate this week, and i am so afraid it'll **** up my new switch lite that i downloaded an emulator and just pirated the goddamn thing.

This is the first time i pirate a game in close to 2 decades.

Nintendo needs to get their shit together.