Iwata confirms there to be several harware pushing softare by the end of year!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 eric813
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

Yes in a recent interview with Iwata he stated that there will be several harware pushing titles by the end of the year and that most (nintendo) major releases will be shipping from summer to the holidays.

"However, our major titles will be launched during and after summer this year."

"the company has been preparing for several titles to be launched toward the end of this year that can drive the market."

Full article here

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3654

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Just to play devil's advocate, one should keep in mind that Wii Fit was a hardware-pushing software. :P

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Not getting my hopes up. Just hope they're shown at E3.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Gabu is quite correct, but I do believe Pikmin 3 is considered hardware pushing software and will be released this year.
eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eric813

i dont want to get yelled at for speculation and unnessesary hyping but here what im thinking

wii sports resort(of course)

wii fit plus

New Pikmen

Zelda Spirit tracks

New zelda wii in the new year

nintendogs wii

Kid Icarus

this is what im thinking whats yours guess list

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

i dont want to get yelled at for speculation and unnessesary hyping but here what im thinking

wii sports resort(of course)

wii fit plus

New Pikmen

Zelda Spirit tracks

New zelda wii in the new year

nintendogs wii

Kid Icarus

this is what im thinking whats yours guess list

eric813
not sure about wi fit, for a long while,certainly not sure about nintendogs nor kid icarus. New ips probably.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Anything from Wii Fit to Zelda could be considered Hardware Pushing software :P

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
did he mention "which" hardware?
eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eric813

the reason i think there will be nintendogs wii is because its the altimate casual hw driver. even more grannies and kids would want to throw frisbies to dogs with wii motion plus.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Just give me Pikmin 3 and or Zelda Wii and I'll be a happy camper :P
eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eric813

did he mention "which" hardware?funsohng

in the article they were talking wii and i believe ds hardware

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
They kind of launched a lot of their major stuff in a short window between late summer 2007 and early 2009; I wouldn't be surprised if two years later, we've got another round of high profile Nintendo titles ready. In terms of Nintendo's line-up, they're offering a line-up that's eerily similar to the GameCube. Remember how year one was a pretty decent launch, year two was when all the major franchises hit, year three (after a major franchise was launched early in the year) was pretty sparse and year four was a return to some high quality stuff again? Nintendo's followed that with a really good E3 and strong second half of year four. So far, the cycle has been the same... I would not be shocked if the Wii continues to follow the pattern of its predecessor.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
By the end of the year!? That's like around September or so. I hope the surprise will be worth the hype! :)
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I would take this information with a grain of salt.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 umcommon

By the end of the year!? That's like around September or so. I hope the surprise will be worth the hype! :)ZumaJones07

All Aboard!

CanadianEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CanadianEh
Member since 2002 • 7173 Posts
Less talky, more showy.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

I think by now we have all learned not to take what Nintendo says out of context and expect a ton of hardcore games that we will all apparently love.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#18 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

09 already looks great for wii , klonoa
bloom box party

dead rising ctyd

dead space extraction

re

reo

redc

punchout

wii sports 2

excite bot trick racing

red steel 2

etc

this e3 will be a better one thats for sure

skullboy950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 skullboy950
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

Yeah, sure. I'm sure there will be. lol :roll:

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

I'll believe it when I see it. :P

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

This doesn't really mean much. Cause this could be games they think we will like or just games that sell a lot like Wii Sports, WiiFit etc. But we all know those games are coming.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

i want zelda wii so bad!!!

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

The article can't be accessed anymore, but I'm taking a guess that by "hardware-pushing software", he just meant that the software will drive people to buy the hardware. The software pushes the hardware. Like Wii Sports.

MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MadSavage22
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
About this announcement I wouldnt get to excited. Yes they will have software that will drive sales through the roof but dont expect ALL of them or the majority of them to be hardcore games. Pikmen 3 is the ONLY semi hardcore game that we THINK is coming out of Nintendo this year. If I were you I would be more excited about what third parties are going to be offering. Bethesda just the other day said they have BIG plans for the Wii by the end of this year with even more on the way....Bethesda are the same folks who made a lil game called Oblivion and Fallout 3. On top of that Sega teamed with High Voltage Software are bringing us The Conduit and High Voltage said they have ANOTHER game planned for Wii that will make The Conduit look like only the beginning. EA is making Dead Space Extractions which looks to be just as scary as any other survival horror games out. These A-list developers are finally starting to see the potential the Wii has to be a legit platform for AAA titles. This most of all should excite you.
Foxfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Foxfear
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

This doesn't mean anything... considering that last year they announced"Wii Music" and "Animal Crossing" as "hardware-pushing software"... I think Ninty is dissapointing us again this year....

Although I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a new Star Fox, but it's wishful thinking I guess...

I'm not too worried about Nintendo's line-up, since I have a PS3 now to satisfy my gaming-needs :P

MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MadSavage22

This doesn't mean anything... considering that last year they announced"Wii Music" and "Animal Crossing" as "hardware-pushing software"... I think Ninty is dissapointing us again this year....

Although I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a new Star Fox, but it's wishful thinking I guess...

I'm not too worried about Nintendo's line-up, since I have a PS3 now to satisfy my gaming-needs :P

Foxfear
Nintendo wont do what it did last year just know that going into this years E3 they will appeal to the hardcore at this showing. Both Iwata and Miyamoto came out days after last years lackluster show and apologized. Miyamoto even went a step further and gave us info on games he knows we look forward to.. Nintendo's show this year will blow us away just wait and see.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#27 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Hardware pushing is too broad of a term. :?

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
Hopefully one of those are starfox...cause starfox is always a hardware pushing software.
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#29 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

the reason i think there will be nintendogs wii is because its the altimate casual hw driver. even more grannies and kids would want to throw frisbies to dogs with wii motion plus.

eric813

There will never be a Nintendogs for the Wii for the same reason there has never been a "true" Pokemon for a console.

Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Quofan

Foxfear

If you are aware of Nintendo's strategy (blue ocean) you'll know that they always planned to start off reeling in the casuals and then move upstream to reel in the hardcores as well. It happened with the DS, they are probably trying to do the same thing with the Wii. For those that say the handheld and console markets dont compare, it doesnt matter - thats the plan anyway. Other hardware makers such as Sony have done the same thing i.e compare the PS3 and PSP in terms of their focus on power and playing media etc. - they are obviously hoping both markets do the same thing. Except for Nintendo its actually working.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

musnt....get...hyped... :x

MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MadSavage22
Regardless of this announcement or anything else. You cant help but get excited I know I am!
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts

legend26
"Never give up,trust your instincts!"
Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

for everything they've done to saciate my gaming needs thru the years, i'll always hype whatever nintendo decides to show.

eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 eric813

[QUOTE="eric813"]

Quofan

There will never be a Nintendogs for the Wii for the same reason there has never been a "true" Pokemon for a console.

you can never say there will never be a game like nintendogs for wii. Its a nintendo ip and if they pleased they would do it. ALot of people also said thr wii wouldnt keep on outselling the other console sbut yet hear we are 2 and a half years later and the wii is still dominating

ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

I want Metroid, Starfox, and Kid Icarus, Iwata. You love your fans, don't you?

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

even if half of the games they had shown in their conference video come out this year...they didn't develope 75% of them. I don't care...I love the Wii and all, but Nintendo's actual own IP's have slacked since the Wii came out imo.

Their 2nd parties seem to be doing alot of work for them lately, at least to me.

I guess it doesn't matter, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

I guess theWii (series), Mario, and Zelda are all they can give us anymore.

Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Quofan

[QUOTE="Quofan"]

[QUOTE="eric813"]

eric813

you can never say there will never be a game like nintendogs for wii. Its a nintendo ip and if they pleased they would do it. ALot of people also said thr wii wouldnt keep on outselling the other console sbut yet hear we are 2 and a half years later and the wii is still dominating

Whats that got to do with the possibility of Nintendogs for the Wii?

I think Nintendohave been saying for a little while now they were going to be addressing hardcore gamers again. I doubt a Nintendogs for the Wii is what they are interested in at this point.They didnt say when exactly they would go back to their core games, but many forgot hadE3 changed last year and pinned all their hopes on it. Hence so many people are so pessimistic. Nintendogs for the Wii just seems too cautious and pessimistic. Being wary because of the really silly hype from last year is fair enough, but theres far too much bitterness on these boards.

I strongly feel that Ninty's core gamers have lacked any sort of patience though and have been expecting too much too soon, especially considering they gave us plenty of core first party titles long before Wii Music and Animal Crossing. Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, WarioWare, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars 2, Super Smash Bros. BrawlandExcite Truck have all been released before or during 2008, in the first two years of the Wii. Not bad if you ask me. Especially considering Pikmin 3 and Sin & Punishment2are in development and Punch Out has just been released. Not to mention DS games.....come to think of it, ive actually forgotten why people even moaned about E3 last year. Its not like they didnt have games to play, even for their demographic.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

That's an interesting thing to say, considering what your fans think of you now. All that's left is to see what Ninty has up there sleeves. 8)To a bright Wii future.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]By the end of the year!? That's like around September or so. I hope the surprise will be worth the hype! :)umcommon

All Aboard!

HAAAA!!!!!!!! Well said uncommon. Perfect post.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
Give me Zelda on the Wii and A Metroid along with Pikmin 3
young80s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 young80s
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts
[QUOTE="legend26"]

Foxi911
"Never give up,trust your instincts!"

"You're becoming more like your father!" ...but good advice. Also I feel that there should be a couple good things but I am not expecting anything groundbreaking
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]did he mention "which" hardware?eric813

in the article they were talking wii and i believe ds hardware

i meant which part of the hardware. sorry if i wansnt clear enough
eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 eric813

[QUOTE="eric813"]

[QUOTE="Quofan"]

Quofan

Whats that got to do with the possibility of Nintendogs for the Wii?

I think Nintendohave been saying for a little while now they were going to be addressing hardcore gamers again. I doubt a Nintendogs for the Wii is what they are interested in at this point.They didnt say when exactly they would go back to their core games, but many forgot hadE3 changed last year and pinned all their hopes on it. Hence so many people are so pessimistic. Nintendogs for the Wii just seems too cautious and pessimistic. Being wary because of the really silly hype from last year is fair enough, but theres far too much bitterness on these boards.

I strongly feel that Ninty's core gamers have lacked any sort of patience though and have been expecting too much too soon, especially considering they gave us plenty of core first party titles long before Wii Music and Animal Crossing. Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, WarioWare, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars 2, Super Smash Bros. BrawlandExcite Truck have all been released before or during 2008, in the first two years of the Wii. Not bad if you ask me. Especially considering Pikmin 3 and Sin & Punishment2are in development and Punch Out has just been released. Not to mention DS games.....come to think of it, ive actually forgotten why people even moaned about E3 last year. Its not like they didnt have games to play, even for their demographic.

Its just an example of how the unlikely can happen. And yes nintendo probally will focus on the harcore this year but ninty is just not going to abadon the casual.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

new donkey kong game would be great

Jackal1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jackal1721
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts

AsadMahdi59
There's an idea! That would be interesting to see...but what type of DK? How about or a completely new IP...one that caters to the hardcore only...and then there is the mythical "pixelated picture" which can be anything
MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MadSavage22
[QUOTE="AsadMahdi59"]

Jackal1721
There's an idea! That would be interesting to see...but what type of DK? How about or a completely new IP...one that caters to the hardcore only...and then there is the mythical "pixelated picture" which can be anything

Yeah the 14th fighter in the new Punch Out!!! is Donkey Kong. That is very likely.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 umcommon
DK is due for a comeback. A true DK platformer would be sweet.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="Jackal1721"][QUOTE="AsadMahdi59"]

MadSavage22

Yeah the 14th fighter in the new Punch Out!!! is Donkey Kong. That is very likely.

Wow I did not know that..

Seriously, if we got even a subtle hint of a new DK game, my gaming year would be made.

Can haz DK plx?