Is the Wii U really as bad as people say?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

I'm mainly a PC gamer. I'm not interested in buying XBox or Playstation because most games on those consoles are on PC too, and the exclusives are very limited. But I have always been a fan of Nintendo games, and for some unavoidable reasons, had to skip the Wii (big loss I know). Now I'm really interested in buying a Wii U console, but I need some clarifications.

• Is Wii U really as bad as people say? If so, then what exacly is wrong with it?
  • We all know about the lacklustre sales of Wii U. Is it due to lack of third party titles, or is there some fundamental design flaw which prevents people from enjoying games on the console?
  • Is the Wii U backward compatible with Wii and Gamecube games? Gamecube isn't that important, but it would be REALLY disappointing if Wii U cannot play Wii games. Since I missed out on Wii, I'd like to catch up on those games using Wii U.

If the poor sales and people backlash over the Wii U is ONLY due to lack of third part titles, it doesn't affect me at all. I have a high end PC to play those titles, and I'm only interested in first party Nintendo titles on the Wii U, because they will never be released for any other consoles or PC. I'd really like to buy it unless there are some glaring design flaws or some other issues which are detrimental to my enjoyment of games on it. So please clarify the queries I have mentioned above, and let me know if its worth buying a Wii U console. Thank you.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

The Wii U system isn't bad at all. Yeah, there are some flaws (eshop purchases being tied to the system rather than account being the biggest flaw) but overall the system is great. The big problem is the lack of quality games. Not just 3rd party games, but games in general. The Wii U does have some great games, but not nearly enough to interest most people.

The Wii U plays all Wii games. You will need to buy a wiimote and nunchuck separatly though. It does not play gamecube games.

So if you like the games for the system, go ahead and buy one. 

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funkyzoom

The Wii U system isn't bad at all. Yeah, there are some flaws (eshop purchases being tied to the system rather than account being the biggest flaw) but overall the system is great. The big problem is the lack of quality games. Not just 3rd party games, but games in general. The Wii U does have some great games, but not nearly enough to interest most people.

The Wii U plays all Wii games. You will need to buy a wiimote and nunchuck separatly though. It does not play gamecube games.

Toxic-Seahorse

Thanks, I'll go ahead with it. The system isn't officially available in my country yet, so I'll have to buy it online from a foreign store (which means paying extra for customs and international shipping). That's the reason i wanted to confirm things before buying.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

funkyzoom

Thanks, I'll go ahead with it. The system isn't officially available in my country yet, so I'll have to buy it online from a foreign store (which means paying extra for customs and international shipping). That's the reason i wanted to confirm things before buying.

I'd watch where you order your system from then. The Wii U is region locked. Meaning it won't play games from other regions than the one you bought it in. I don't know where you live or where you would be buying it from though.
funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funkyzoom

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

Toxic-Seahorse

I'd watch where you order your system from then. The Wii U is region locked. Meaning it won't play games from other regions than the one you bought it in. I don't know where you live or where you would be buying it from though.

Thanks for the warning. I never knew this. Glad you mentioned it before before I spent a fortune on it. I reside in India. So I guess its better I wait for it to be officially launched here.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Yeah, Region Locking is easily one of the Wii U's bigger flaws. Anyways, I think the Wii U would be a good compliment to the PC, because a lot of the games are likely to be exclusive. 

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts
isn't it just divided into PAL and NTSC(-U/J/K)? as far as i know india is in the PAL region, so you should be fine as long as you don't buy your games from the us and asia.
funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 funkyzoom

isn't it just divided into PAL and NTSC(-U/J/K)? as far as i know india is in the PAL region, so you should be fine as long as you don't buy your games from the us and asia.b4il

I just checked it out. it seems Wii U has 3 regions - North America, Japan and PAL regions (which probably includes everything else), but I don't know the accuracy of this info. Could you please confirm it for me? If this is indeed the case, that means i'll go ahead and buy it.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="b4il"]isn't it just divided into PAL and NTSC(-U/J/K)? as far as i know india is in the PAL region, so you should be fine as long as you don't buy your games from the us and asia.funkyzoom

I just checked it out. it seems Wii U has 3 regions - North America, Japan and PAL regions (which probably includes everything else), but I don't know the accuracy of this info. Could you please confirm it for me? If this is indeed the case, that means i'll go ahead and buy it.

There might be one more region. South Korea has had its own region. 

Normally there is:

• NTSC-U: N. America (and some others I don't know)
  • PAL: Europe, Australia, New Zealand
  • NTSC-J: Japan and a few others
  • NTSC-K: South Korea

But there shouldn't be more than these 4. I'm pretty sure it's just the top three actually. 

I'd recommend just looking at what region India normally is, by checking what previous Nintendo products have sold there, and even Xboxs or Playstations. If they all share the same region (e.g all consoles have been PAL), then just import that one. That way when it officially launches in India, you'll be able to buy games locally.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'm a PC/Nintendo guy myself. As others have said, the lack of software is the primary issue. If you see games you want, go for it. I've had my Wii U since launch, and get plenty of use out of it.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
The system itself is great. Lot of new ideas and several of the games make great use of the gamepad. At this moment, there is a very respectable lubrary. I got it since launch and I suffered a little on getting games but, again, at this moment, there is a good collection to keep you going. I highly recommend it to complement your gaming scene as, even multiplat games, may get specific features (see Batman Arkham City o Rayman Legends as example). As you've been told, it is backward compatible with Wii games but not GC (maybe coming to VC at some point). I also believe your region should be PAL and, as long as get games for that region or even better, buy them digitally from the online store, you'll be fine. There was a recent price drop so maybe it will reflect in the store you choose to get it. Regards!
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Just waiting to see that white cat ^-^
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts
Just waiting to see that white cat ^-^nini200
Lol. Me too. It will probably be something like this. "DON'T get a Wii U, it's the worst system ever made, everyone knows Nintendo is giving up the game business next month and selling dragons, and anyone who buys one will have their family cursed for generations!" But on the topic, the Wii U is a great system for anyone who likes Nintendo games. That's what it's made for and that's what it does best.
funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 funkyzoom

The system itself is great. Lot of new ideas and several of the games make great use of the gamepad. At this moment, there is a very respectable lubrary. I got it since launch and I suffered a little on getting games but, again, at this moment, there is a good collection to keep you going. I highly recommend it to complement your gaming scene as, even multiplat games, may get specific features (see Batman Arkham City o Rayman Legends as example). As you've been told, it is backward compatible with Wii games but not GC (maybe coming to VC at some point). I also believe your region should be PAL and, as long as get games for that region or even better, buy them digitally from the online store, you'll be fine. There was a recent price drop so maybe it will reflect in the store you choose to get it. Regards!enrique_marrodz

Thank you, I guess I'll go ahead and purchase it.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funkyzoom

I'm a PC/Nintendo guy myself. As others have said, the lack of software is the primary issue. If you see games you want, go for it. I've had my Wii U since launch, and get plenty of use out of it.

YearoftheSnake5

Yeah right. I just don't understand the fuss these people are creating by pointing out the lack of third party support for Wii U. People buy Nitendo consoles mainly to play first party Nintendo exclusives. For people who are more interested in third party titles, they're better off buying a different console or a PC.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YearoftheSnake5

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

funkyzoom

Yeah right. I just don't understand the fuss these people are creating by pointing out the lack of third party support for Wii U. People buy Nitendo consoles mainly to play first party Nintendo exclusives. For people who are more interested in third party titles, they're better off buying a different console or a PC.

True, the exclusives are the appeal of the console. I knew the excusives were coming, so I got the console at launch. Unfortunately, one of the big titles I was hoping to get in the launch window, Pikmin 3, was delayed until August:x. I still had plenty to play in the meantime with ZombiU, Mass Effect, Injustice, NFS:MWU. I'm really looking forward to this holiday with Donkey Kong and Mario just over the horizon. The 3rd party games are a bonus and I'm planning on getting a few of them, as the more I play the Wii U as opposed to my PC, the lower my electric bill is.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Biggest problem is the price.  It's still about $100 too high.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#18 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

dont ever listen to sw,  ,   the wiiu is pretty  much an awsome system ,  and right now its got quite a good size library of titles , 

heres some of the must haves 

- nfs mw u , if you need a racer this will fill the void til project cars mariokart    and many more hit the shelves

-  zombi u   may have had bad reviews but that does not mean its really as bad as they say if your into zombies its either this resident evil revelations or the walking dead survival instinct

-nsmbu - self explainatory no nintendo system is a good purchase without this

- nslu , or if you want you can downlowd the dlc for nsmbu    unless you dont wanna use hdd space

- zelda windwaker- right now its only digital if you want physical it comes oct 4th ,  

pikmin 3 

.. then theres wonderful 101 

if your into fps games   

-007 legends and cod black ops 2 are decent , then theres sniper elite 2 and tom clancy black list  two newer titles,  

-  theres also a few party games like sing party , game party espn sports connection ,   if your into those , ,     or wait til wii party u  comes ,    

,for sports theres madden 13 nba 2k13 fifa 13 ,     

this excludes any download only title outside the zelda game , ,     - so you might wanna check out the eshop and look at some of those offerings to ,   

i  think the best ones out side the classics are neo assault nano , trine 2 and hyper switch force the cave is decent as well ,  little inferno is alright , just tossing things into a flame can be so fun attimes ,

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
[QUOTE="nini200"]Just waiting to see that white cat ^-^AlmightyDerek
Lol. Me too. It will probably be something like this. "DON'T get a Wii U, it's the worst system ever made, everyone knows Nintendo is giving up the game business next month and selling dragons, and anyone who buys one will have their family cursed for generations!" But on the topic, the Wii U is a great system for anyone who likes Nintendo games. That's what it's made for and that's what it does best.

:lol: wow
Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts
Just waiting to see that white cat ^-^nini200
lol that fakeboy pretendo, and no op its not bad just people who expect everything too soon usually bash it and give it a bad name
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
The Wii U has an innovative controller. Miiverse is a great way to interact with other gamers, and get help when you're stuck in a game. It has some epic software already released for it, and games like Super Smash Brothers and X and Bayonetta 2 are on the way. Plain and simple, it's an awesome system.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Look at the games and see if you like it.
OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

at this point if i had the extra cash for a decent tv and a wii u, i'd get one if only to be in on the drawing community.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Since 3rd party games don't matter to you and it's BC with the Wii, I'd say it's a great buy for you.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

There's really nothing wrong with the Wii U, it just doesn't have a lot of big name games for it right now. The holiday season will see some nice titles being released, but unfortunately the heavy hitters like SSB and Mario Kart won't be around until next year.

The whole account thing is more of a Nintendo problem than it is a Wii U problem.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Since 3rd party games don't matter to you and it's BC with the Wii, I'd say it's a great buy for you.locopatho

3rd party is better on pc anyway..so meh

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

I'm mainly a PC gamer. I'm not interested in buying XBox or Playstation because most games on those consoles are on PC too, and the exclusives are very limited. But I have always been a fan of Nintendo games, and for some unavoidable reasons, had to skip the Wii (big loss I know). Now I'm really interested in buying a Wii U console, but I need some clarifications.

• Is Wii U really as bad as people say? If so, then what exacly is wrong with it?
  • We all know about the lacklustre sales of Wii U. Is it due to lack of third party titles, or is there some fundamental design flaw which prevents people from enjoying games on the console?
  • Is the Wii U backward compatible with Wii and Gamecube games? Gamecube isn't that important, but it would be REALLY disappointing if Wii U cannot play Wii games. Since I missed out on Wii, I'd like to catch up on those games using Wii U.

If the poor sales and people backlash over the Wii U is ONLY due to lack of third part titles, it doesn't affect me at all. I have a high end PC to play those titles, and I'm only interested in first party Nintendo titles on the Wii U, because they will never be released for any other consoles or PC. I'd really like to buy it unless there are some glaring design flaws or some other issues which are detrimental to my enjoyment of games on it. So please clarify the queries I have mentioned above, and let me know if its worth buying a Wii U console. Thank you.

funkyzoom

I'm in the EXACT same boat as you.

I would hold off on buying it since all the good exclusives are being released next year. There is nothing to play on it right now.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Since 3rd party games don't matter to you and it's BC with the Wii, I'd say it's a great buy for you.KBFloYd

3rd party is better on pc anyway..so meh

Yeah that was my point, he's gonna get them on PC so it doesn't matter what WiiU is/isn't getting.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

UssjTrunks

I'm in the EXACT same boat as you.

I would hold off on buying it since all the good exclusives are being released next year. There is nothing to play on it right now.

Um. There are plenty of good exclusives out this year. Sure Mario Kart and Smash Bros aren't out until next year but there's New Super Mario Bros U (& Luigi U), ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Scribblenauts Unlimited/Unmasked, & Windwaker HD. There's also Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Wii Sports Club, Wii Party U, & Wii Fit U all by early December. That's plenty to last you until Spring when Mario Kart comes out. Waiting to get the system for a certain game just hurts it. The more people that buy the system the more games will be made.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#30 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the console itself. Its really a great system, the only problem is that it does not have games, but that might be solved once the games start coming out after November
cobraking3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cobraking3
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Guess what? I got a Wii Points card code and it was legit! Awesomeness!!!! Got it at http://wii.cardcodes.net
david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 david61983

The problem is that it's still way over priced.  

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KBFloYd

david61983

the 360 costs 300 and the ps3 costs 250.... but they have a lot of games...

i guess theres not the same amount of games on wiiU so people want it to be cheaper.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 david61983

Nope it's because this is 2013, and the Wii U has about the same amount of power as an Xbox 360.  However, the 360 was released in 2005 and when it was released you could get the core model for $299, the same price as the Wii U is currently selling as.  Again, that was 8 years ago.  If you can't see the problem there then I can't help you.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 david61983

Also, you can get a brand new PS3 for less than $200.  The PS3 is just as powerful as the Wii U, has a huge library of great games, and also plays blurays and dvds which the Wii u cannot.  The Wii U only has 32 gb of storage as well.  Just a few days ago you could buy a brand new PS3 with a 500 gb hard drive, and GTA V (a $60 value), for $229 shipped on eBay.  Still don't understand why the Wii U doesn't sell?  

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AlmightyDerek

Nope it's because this is 2013, and the Wii U has about the same amount of power as an Xbox 360.  However, the 360 was released in 2005 and when it was released you could get the core model for $299, the same price as the Wii U is currently selling as.  Again, that was 8 years ago.  If you can't see the problem there then I can't help you.

david61983

The Wi U is more powerful than a 360. Maybe not a lot but it is. You are also paying for the controller which is awesome (and cost $140 to replace) and it comes with a game. Also the online is free and Nintendo has to make up for all that R & D it spent. Not saying you don't have some points, but comparing a next gen system that's less than a year old against 7 and & 8 year old consoles that are fading, in price isn't really fair. Besides the Wii was only a little more powerful than the original XBOX and had much less storage, sold amazingly well at $250. While I'm not saying the system wouldn't sell better at a lower price, the issue is no one knows anything about the Wii U. Nintendo has barely advertised it. It's possible people might say it's too expensive but they don't even know that the system exists or think it's an accessory for the Wii. I think the system is fairly priced, the PS4 is underpriced and the ONE is about right. I'm not too sure if mainstream people will be getting those systems anytime soon though either.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KBFloYd

Also, you can get a brand new PS3 for less than $200.  The PS3 is just as powerful as the Wii U, has a huge library of great games, and also plays blurays and dvds which the Wii u cannot.  The Wii U only has 32 gb of storage as well.  Just a few days ago you could buy a brand new PS3 with a 500 gb hard drive, and GTA V (a $60 value), for $229 shipped on eBay.  Still don't understand why the Wii U doesn't sell?  

david61983

wiiu is more powerful than ps3...it has a better gpu and way more RAM...and the wiiU gamepad costs tons more to make than a dualshock 3.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 YearoftheSnake5

david61983

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 david61983

[QUOTE="david61983"]

YearoftheSnake5

Ok.  Why?  What have I said that's not true?

The sad thing is that I really want to see Nintendo do well.  I was one of those people who had to be the first person to preorder the N64 at Toys R Us back in 1996.  I stuck by Nintendo even when they were dumb enough to release their games on cartridge rather than CD.

Nintendo's biggest problem is their psychotic fanboys who swear by everything they do no matter how idiotic it is.  It's truly sad to see them going the way of Sega, but that is all but inevitable at this point.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#40 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

It certainly isn't.

The last few months of 2013 will have plenty of great releases, some of which are exclusive, so there will be plenty to play.

If Nintendo finds a way to keep up the pace, which is possible since Mario Kart and Smash Bros loom large in 2014, the sales may finally come and more third-parties may jump aboard.

It is a system with plenty of flaws regarding the way it was released into the market. But once it is in your living room, a place on which sales charts are of little importance, you will be having a blast.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="david61983"]

david61983

The sad thing is that I really want to see Nintendo do well.  I was one of those people who had to be the first person to preorder the N64 at Toys R Us back in 1996.  I stuck by Nintendo even when they were dumb enough to release their games on cartridge rather than CD.

Nintendo's biggest problem is their psychotic fanboys who swear by everything they do no matter how idiotic it is.  It's truly sad to see them going the way of Sega, but that is all but inevitable at this point.

someone wants to talk to you.

here he is..

2epr1gl.jpg

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 david61983
Nice. Nintendo is a company in complete disarray. The Wii U is a disaster and the 3DS will soon be in trouble with the smartphone craze.
drew0918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 drew0918
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Well.... The controller feels like you have an ipad on your hands, and the system has a lot of bugs. I would say it isn't horrible but it isn't great either.
thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Nice. Nintendo is a company in complete disarray. The Wii U is a disaster and the 3DS will soon be in trouble with the smartphone craze. david61983
Actually, with the smartphone craze, the 3DS is doing well. That cannot be said about its Sony competitor which I will not name.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KBFloYd

Nice. Nintendo is a company in complete disarray. The Wii U is a disaster and the 3DS will soon be in trouble with the smartphone craze. david61983

yea yea nintendo is doomed... lets wait till after that xbox one disaster and that gimped pc ps4 release before we jump to conclusions.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KBFloYd

Well.... The controller feels like you have an ipad on your hands, and the system has a lot of bugs. I would say it isn't horrible but it isn't great either.drew0918

a tablet with buttons that you can also play on your tv...and with nintendo franchises...its not bad imo..

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 locopatho

[QUOTE="david61983"]

KBFloYd

the 360 costs 300 and the ps3 costs 250.... but they have a lot of games...

i guess theres not the same amount of games on wiiU so people want it to be cheaper.

Here, PS3 and Xbox are sub 200. WiiU is over 350. It's a bad deal by any stretch of the imagination.
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 YearoftheSnake5

[QUOTE="david61983"]

david61983

I can't help you if you're unwilling to help yourself. Google can be your friend when you use it right. I shouldn't even need to explain why the Wii U is more powerful than the HD twins. I shouldn't need to explain why a new console has fewer games than the old ones. If you can't figure that out, you've got bigger problems. Take your trash to SW.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 david61983

[QUOTE="david61983"]

YearoftheSnake5

I can't help you if you're unwilling to help yourself. Google can be your friend when you use it right. I shouldn't even need to explain why the Wii U is more powerful than the HD twins. I shouldn't need to explain why a new console has fewer games than the old ones. If you can't figure that out, you've got bigger problems. Take your trash to SW.

I have Googled the topic, and the Wii U is no better than the PS3 or 360 when it comes to graphics. It's basically a wash because of the extra processing to the tablet. In fact, 3rd party titles such as Arkham City and AC3 all look worse on the Wii U then it's last-gen counterparts. I've yet to see anything on the Wii U that comes close to the TLOU or Uncharted 3 when it comes to graphics.
b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

[QUOTE="david61983"]

david61983

I have Googled the topic, and the Wii U is no better than the PS3 or 360 when it comes to graphics. It's basically a wash because of the extra processing to the tablet. In fact, 3rd party titles such as Arkham City and AC3 all look worse on the Wii U then it's last-gen counterparts. I've yet to see anything on the Wii U that comes close to the TLOU or Uncharted 3 when it comes to graphics.

mmh haven't seen batman or ac3 on the wii u, but splinter cell blacklist for example definitely has the best graphics on the wii u. ubisoft said watch dogs will be in between, and i'm curious how cod:ghosts will look like. but i think the first time we'll see what it really can do is when the new zelda comes out in 1-2 years...