Is Pokemon White 2 worth getting if I already have Pokemon Black 1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eezyville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Eezyville
Member since 2010 • 205 Posts

I normally buy the games in the main series, get one of the two versons released and then get the third enhanced version. But this time it looks like its not even worth getting these games. I was hoping for a 3DS only game, makes friend codes simpler at least, with a whole new set of pokemon. I've purchased remakes before and loved them but this isn't really a remake. And I don't care about the story, no one really plays for the damn story. My question is, Is this game worth buying if I already have a pokemon game this gen? I would have bought it if they put the casion back in but its not there. What are the good points of this game? Is it just really an extended story at full DS price?

Thanks

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

It's a 30 hour long story extension for $35. It includes Pokemon World Tournament -- where you can face previous gym leaders and champions, PokeStar Studios -- where you are given many scenarios and have to act them out (much more entertaining than musicals), a battle facility in Black City and White Forest, and new locations.

You have more reason to buy BW2 after BW1 compared to buying Platinum after DP. Any pokemon fan that likes BW should buy BW2.

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

White / Black 2 are amazing games, and probably the best in pokémon history. It's a lot of the small additions that make the overall experience a lot more enjoyable. The Medal Rally, being a manager of Join Avenue, having pokémon from all the regions etc.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
So you prefer a same game with a bit of improvement over an actual sequel with a lot of improvements? I just don't get people these days.....
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
TBH unless you're a huge Pokemon fan craving more, I'd pass and wait for Gen 6 on the 3DS.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
TBH unless you're a huge Pokemon fan craving more, I'd pass and wait for Gen 6 on the 3DS.FlamesOfGrey
Well if he's a fan enough to buy enhanced re-releases all the time, I'm sure he's a huge Pokemon fan craving for more.
marluxia101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marluxia101
Member since 2009 • 1614 Posts

I LOOOVE Pokemon and have played every generation...but when I got done with Black/White2 I honestly felt like I wanted more :L I hope part 3 or whatever come's soon. I'ts worth a buy if your'e a fan though :)

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ANIMEguy10034

I hope part 3 or whatever come's soon.

marluxia101

Although it's possible to see a BW3-D, it's merely fan speculation and has not been officially confirmed by GameFreak or Nintendo.

I just wanted to point that out before it spreads more rumors. :P

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Sorry for stealing the topic for a short moment, but I'd like to ask something about this post here:

It's a 30 hour long story extension for $35.

ANIMEguy10034

So do I need to have played BW1? I actually haven't played BW and when I wanted to, BW2 was around the corner and I directly got BW2. Haven't started yet but after seeing your post: Do you suggest playing BW1 first? Or is there a short summary of 1 somewhere?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ANIMEguy10034

So do I need to have played BW1? I actually haven't played BW and when I wanted to, BW2 was around the corner and I directly got BW2. Haven't started yet but after seeing your post: Do you suggest playing BW1 first? Or is there a short summary of 1 somewhere?

ArchoNils2

You don't need to, but there are a lot of references from BW1. They slowly tell you about the events of BW1, but I'm not sure how detailed it is without the Memory Link feature (unlocks flashbacks once you link your BW1 file with BW2).

If you don't have the money for BW1, I recommend reading a plot summary online. This is probably one of the best summaries out there.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
im biased on this as well :)
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArchoNils2

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ANIMEguy10034

You don't need to, but there are a lot of references from BW1. They slowly tell you about the events of BW1, but I'm not sure how detailed it is without the Memory Link feature (unlocks flashbacks once you link your BW1 file with BW2).

If you don't have the money for BW1, I recommend reading a plot summary online. This is probably one of the best summaries out there.

Money isn't the problem, it's more time. In the beginning I played through every Pokemon, but since about 5 years I skiped every second game due to lack of time. So let's say money is not an issue: Would you recomment playing 1 and after that 2? Would they need to be the same edition? Or can I get White1 if I have black2? Oh and how well do the pokedex book fit together? Would it be enough to get 2 or do I need to combine 1 and 2? Already got the ordinary Strategy Guide for BW2 (I love strategy guides :D)

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ANIMEguy10034

Money isn't the problem, it's more time. In the beginning I played through every Pokemon, but since about 5 years I skiped every second game due to lack of time. So let's say money is not an issue: Would you recomment playing 1 and after that 2? Would they need to be the same edition? Or can I get White1 if I have black2? Oh and how well do the pokedex book fit together? Would it be enough to get 2 or do I need to combine 1 and 2? Already got the ordinary Strategy Guide for BW2 (I love strategy guides :D)

ArchoNils2

I would recommend playing BW1 before BW2.

You don't need the same color edition; the story makes a tiny bit more sense if you have the same color, but it's nothing major.

There are two ways of completing the Pokedex: seeing 'em all and catching 'em all. BW1 is not necessary to see 'em all, but you will need BW1 to catch 'em all. Reshiram is only available in Black 1 and White 2, and by online trade, but hacked legendaries are common online. You will also need BW1 for Tornadus (Black), Thundurus (White), and Landorus, or you can transfer them from the Pokemon Dream Radar 3DS app ($3). You will also need to find a Victini and a Keldeo through online trade because they're not being distributed anymore. Make sure to download Genesect via Wi-Fi Mystery Gift as soon as possible. Those are the only Unova legendaries you need to worry about. The rest can be obtained in Black 2.
The version exclusive pokemon in Black 2 are similar to what they were in Black 1, so you will need to trade with someone who owns White (2).

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArchoNils2

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ANIMEguy10034

I would recommend playing BW1 before BW2.

You don't need the same color edition; the story makes a tiny bit more sense if you have the same color, but it's nothing major.

There are two ways of completing the Pokedex: seeing 'em all and catching 'em all. BW1 is not necessary to see 'em all, but you will need BW1 to catch 'em all. Reshiram is only available in Black 1 and White 2, and by online trade, but hacked legendaries are common online. You will also need BW1 for Tornadus (Black), Thundurus (White), and Landorus, or you can transfer them from the Pokemon Dream Radar 3DS app ($3). You will also need to find a Victini and a Keldeo through online trade because they're not being distributed anymore. Make sure to download Genesect via Wi-Fi Mystery Gift as soon as possible. Those are the only Unova legendaries you need to worry about. The rest can be obtained in Black 2.
The version exclusive pokemon in Black 2 are similar to what they were in Black 1, so you will need to trade with someone who owns White (2).

Thank you so much for the time you took to answer me. I just made my order for B1 and the strategy guide for bw1. I already have b2 and the guide for bw2. I guess this will make it rather easy for e to get into this gen :)

Also thanks for the legendary info, I'll bookmark it for later use :) You just helped me more than you probably think to get into Pokemon again, thank you :)

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ANIMEguy10034

Thank you so much for the time you took to answer me. I just made my order for B1 and the strategy guide for bw1. I already have b2 and the guide for bw2. I guess this will make it rather easy for e to get into this gen :)

Also thanks for the legendary info, I'll bookmark it for later use :) You just helped me more than you probably think to get into Pokemon again, thank you :)

ArchoNils2

You're welcome and have fun! :D

Eezyville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eezyville

I think I'll just pass on BW2 for now. There aren't any major changes to warrent me buying a new game over. I was hoping for improved online community at the very least but it almost feels like I'm buying a Madden game if all I get is an update.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

But there's even less revisions in those third versions you claim to purchase... :?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng

I think I'll just pass on BW2 for now. There aren't any major changes to warrent me buying a new game over. I was hoping for improved online community at the very least but it almost feels like I'm buying a Madden game if all I get is an update.

Eezyville
But you've been buying all the remakes -_- I just don't get it.
Eezyville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eezyville

[QUOTE="Eezyville"]

funsohng

All the remakes had something new to offer. And nostalgia

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Eezyville"]

Eezyville

But he saying the you buy one of the two main games and then the third version which is essentially the same and offers less changes than what BW1 and BW2 offer.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Eezyville"]

Eezyville

I meant that you were buying all the 3rd iterations which adds almost nothing compared to the addition BW2 got. You are saying right now that you would rather buy a same game with a bit of improvement than to buy a sequel to that game with a lot of improvement.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

GET THE DANG GAME :EVIL: IS GOOD