Is Nintendo still into JRPGs games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Temesra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Temesra
Member since 2012 • 158 Posts
Are JRPGs games still popular with Nintendo like ( Alundra and illusion of gaia ,) they where in the 90's ? Or have they move to playstation or xbox. The only gaming consoles I own are from the 80's and 90's . I ask on several PC message boards and they said I should get gaming consoles has JRPGs are not popular for some reason on PC's And I got some replies from people saying Western do not seem to be into JRPGs for some reason. So is Nintendo still into this or has this moved to playstation or xbox. Saying Zelda and Final fantasy are the only one around now.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

There's a lot of JRPGs on the DS but nowhere near as many as there used to be on the Nintendo's older consoles. There's Xenoblade and The Last Story on Wii, but overall its JRPG library pales in comparison to the Super Nintendo.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
RPG stands for role playing game. so a "JRPG game" would be a "japanese role playing game game" :P JRPGs as a whole have moved on from consoles for the most part. most of them are found in handhelds.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
The JRPG library for the Wii is small...but having said that it still has arguably the strongest JRPG library of this generation.
awakeningland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 awakeningland
Member since 2012 • 104 Posts
I've been neglecting the JRPG for years now, i should really catch up!
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

It's now on handhelds mostly.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Pokemon?

Xenoblade?

Mario & Luigi?

Paper Mario?

Fire Emblem?

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
I know this is a wii board but the ps3 has ALOT and i do mean ALOT of jrpgs.
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
Nintendo has Xenoblade that alone makes it king
awakeningland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 awakeningland
Nintendo has Xenoblade that alone makes it kingreaver-x
Let's hope it acts as a springboard so the genre can reclaim its throne.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
The JRPG has lost much of its relevance in the market, hence why console release aren't even remotely close to what it use to be.
Temesra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Temesra
Member since 2012 • 158 Posts
The JRPG has lost much of its relevance in the market, hence why console release aren't even remotely close to what it use to be. Sepewrath
What do you mean?
needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 needweed
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]The JRPG has lost much of its relevance in the market, hence why console release aren't even remotely close to what it use to be. Temesra
What do you mean?

They dont sell as much as they used to. Gaming has become who can shoot you the fastest...... Boring!!! I remember playing final Fantasy 3 for months with my friends.... Ahh the good ole days.
awakeningland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 awakeningland
[QUOTE="Temesra"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]The JRPG has lost much of its relevance in the market, hence why console release aren't even remotely close to what it use to be. needweed
What do you mean?

They dont sell as much as they used to. Gaming has become who can shoot you the fastest...... Boring!!! I remember playing final Fantasy 3 for months with my friends.... Ahh the good ole days.

Don't forget that your youth does play its part in that. But it would be nice to return to those innocent days.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#15 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Just because you mentioned Illusion of Gaia, you got my respect, TC. :cool: Xenoblade Chronicles: Best RPG of this generation.
Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

Just because you mentioned Illusion of Gaia, you got my respect, TC. :cool: Xenoblade Chronicles: Best RPG of this generation.bbkkristian

Is it that good? Better than skyrim? Im going shopping on Wednesday for my wii, will need some games to start with!

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 needweed

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Just because you mentioned Illusion of Gaia, you got my respect, TC. :cool: Xenoblade Chronicles: Best RPG of this generation.Chemical_Viking

Is it that good? Better than skyrim? Im going shopping on Wednesday for my wii, will need some games to start with!

Why dont u just wait for the wii u?? The wii is dead, and you can play wii games on the wii u. Kind of dumb imo but whatever
Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

[QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Just because you mentioned Illusion of Gaia, you got my respect, TC. :cool: Xenoblade Chronicles: Best RPG of this generation.needweed

Why dont u just wait for the wii u?? The wii is dead, and you can play wii games on the wii u. Kind of dumb imo but whatever

I can pick up a cheap one now instead of waiting.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#19 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="needweed"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Chemical_Viking

I can pick up a cheap one now instead of waiting.

I highly recommend it; it will last you a good 50+ hours of entertainment. The story is full of twists and turns, betrayal, and is wonderfully written. The gameplay is original. Soundtrack is exemplary. Just an awesome game. I personally gave it a 10/10 as Prime (not perfect). Is it better than Skyrim? I can't guarantee that because I haven't played it.