Is Dragonball Z: BT3 worse than DBZ: BT2 in any way?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
I read the IGN review for Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and they said the story mode was a step back, along with other things. Unfortunately, the gameplay wasn't touched upon at all in the review, so I need the assistance of you guys. Is the Wii version worth buying over the tried-and-true PS2 version?
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
The Story Mode isn't the free roaming flying around like in DBZ BT2 but it does offer many ways to tell the story even through what-if's. The Gameplay in DBZ BT3 is Hands Down Better than DBZ BT2 as there is NO ANNOYING YELLOW POINTER and Now you actually do have to do the moves yourself. You Will have to completely relearn how t play it though. The only thing I regret them taking off of DBZ BT3 is the Quick Power Hits where you shake the controller to instantly do a full charge attack, but other than that, It's better. The Online in DBZ BT3 is the worst online experience I've ever played. I'd say, you should definitely try it as it is a really really fun game and best mimics the Cartoon.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

yes the 1P mode is shorter.

And thats the only thing worse about it

Rath3rDashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Rath3rDashing
Member since 2006 • 1509 Posts
I strongly dissagree with ninl200. I think the gameplay was a total mess, DBZ BT2 in my humble opinion is a far superior game, i couldnt even play BT3. I suppose maybe it was because i played alot BT2, but to me, BT3 was a total mess
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
They didn't even change the gameplay so I dont know how you could struggle so much. They simply added a few more things to make it look more like the show is all. The game plays exactly the same as it does on the PS2 obviously unless your using the wiimote, but you can use a classic or GC controller. The biggest flaw in BT3 is the attempt at online multiplayer, that is a mess. Otherwise it is a step above BT2 gameplay wise.
Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts
pretty cool topic. i loved BT2 and its sounds like BT3 won't dissapoint. quick question though, between BT3 and Burst Limit, which is better or are they equal?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Burst Limit is Budokai 1 with HD graphics if your a big fan of the original Budokai games go for that. But I think Tenkaichi better captures DBZ and BT3 is the pinnacle of the series.
Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts
cool. i think ill get BT3 first then maybe rent Burst Limit.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
You won't be dissapointed, except for the Online Play. Gameplay is hands down better in DBZ BT3.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
I played the first Budokai and loved it but never played the 2nd one. So for me this was pretty mind blowing and I loved the 3rd Budokai as well. From what I can tell the 3rd one improves on the 2nd one in a number of categories.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
Budoka3 on the PS2 was the best out of all the DBZ games, they should just everything that had and add a few more tweaks here and there plus online play and have the best DBZ game ever and quit making new ones.