Im losing interest in my Wii.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
I'm thinking about selling it. I have checked the EBgames coming soon list to try to spur my interest in the system, but it ,in fact, had the opposite effect. I suspect the EBgames list is a bit incomplete. I want someone provide me a list of possible good Wii games coming this year. The only 4 games i have any interest in right now are Nitrobike, No More Heroes, Okami and maybe Samba Di Amigo. ( im not interested in Smash Bros at all ).
wii360fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wii360fan
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts

Tales of Symphonia II and Mario Kart Wii are two for starters. What games do you currently own for the system?

This is the IGN release date list.

http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html

Gameslayer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Gameslayer3
Member since 2006 • 19915 Posts
buy and play MOH online. i have a 360 but MOH online is to good to make me play my 360... poor 360
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

the CDs go inside the black slot. just thought you'd know lol

jk. no need for that. just keep it. cuz you'll feel like an idiot for selling it when something you wanna play comes out. plus 2008 looks very promising

izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts
Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It has Wi-fi new characters. Everything about it is new.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Videodogg
Well, i have MoHH2, Geometry wars, Mario Galaxy, Trauma Center 2 and RE:UC. All fine games. But im looking to the future, and from what i see, it looks kind of bleak. I know its a Nintendo system, but im not interested in any more Mario games and that includes spin offs like Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Promising games for me would be Pilot Wings, Disaster: Day of Crisis, etc, but these games are pushed into 2009 or beyond. I dont know, it just looks like a REALLY slow year for me with Wii.
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

Why no Brawl?

Anyway what about Mario Kart or even Wii fit. Okay, you might not be into wii fit, but still, who doesn't like mario kart? Also, even if you don't see many games coming out that you like, there are stillmany fungames that are already out for wii and also gamecube. There's always new virtual console gamesevery weekas well.

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
what kind of games do you own? cause it sounds like you don't have any good games for you to keep your intrest on your wii. i mean, the wii has quiet a few awesome games.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts

my wii is special. it hasgolden firewings and feds me cheez-its.

that sux though bro. selling a console is a hardcore move. maybe you should wait a while before u drop a console. i mean the greatest game could come out on the wii, but oops u dont have one b/c u sold it to buy pink flip-flops!!! eewwwww flip-flops

ha

gary_safc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gary_safc
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

no dont sell it there are so many games comming out for wii....

1.no more heroes... [ cartoon version of gta ]

2. mario kart wii.. online

3. medal of honor heroes 2 online

4. dragonball tenakachi 3 online

5.super smash bros brawl... give it a go u cant say ur not intrested when u aint played the game

6.pro evolution soccer 2008.

7.final fantasy cc [ wii ]

8. chocobo dungeon

9.wwe smackdown vs raw 2009.... hopfully more match types and online play

10. fifa 2008... and again hopfully a career mode and the option to use the classic controler

theres so many more games u should check them all out.

games out now like... mario galaxy, zelda, resident evil ub + 4...mario and sonic at the olympic games loads of gd games now i bet u aint got ... trust me dont sell it u will regret it big time

ps3 and 360 are no match for the wii .. there just a waste of space its all graphic's with them no good gameplay

gary_safc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gary_safc

o sorry

correction.... fifa 2009....

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Videodogg

5.super smash bros brawl... give it a go u cant say ur not intrested when u aint played the game

8. chocobo dungeon

10. fifa 2008... and again hopfully a career mode and the option to use the classic controler

games out now like... mario galaxy, zelda, resident evil ub + 4...mario and sonic at the olympic games loads of gd games now i bet u aint got ... trust me dont sell it u will regret it big time

ps3 and 360 are no match for the wii .. there just a waste of space its all graphic's with them no good gameplay

gary_safc

No offense, but i think you just helped me decide to sell it.

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
haha, well, just do whatever makes you happy.
Masterfubu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Masterfubu
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts
sell it. tons of people looking for them anyway.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 red_sovereign
[QUOTE="gary_safc"]

8. chocobo dungeon

Videodogg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...that guy did all that writing for nothing!!! lmfao. i hope he doesnt sell telephones!

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 red_sovereign
or life insurance!
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
my wii has been unplugged for 2 months. Hopefully SSBB will fix that but lately I havent felt like paying 50 for something I know one day ill put it down and ask myself why did I bother to buy this.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
Okami, Super Smash bros Brawl, Mario Kart, Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratastok, Fragile, Baroque, Mushroom Men, Rygar, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers, Fatal Frame, Alone in the Dark, King Story, Spore, Civilization Revolution, Samba De Amigo, Monster Hunter 3, Bully, Top Spin, MLB 2K9, Disaster Day of Crisis, Star Wars Unleashed Force...
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts
too bad i love mine. I touch it everyday pretty sikkkkk
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Videodogg

Okami, Super Smash bros Brawl, Mario Kart, Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratastok, Fragile, Baroque, Mushroom Men, Rygar, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers, Fatal Frame, Alone in the Dark, King Story, Spore, Civilization Revolution, Samba De Amigo, Monster Hunter 3, Bully, Top Spin, MLB 2K9, Disaster Day of Crisis, Star Wars Unleashed Force...chris3116

Okami could be great, but i played it on ps2 already. Disaster looks fantastic...but thats not coming out till 2009, same with Spore. The rest....not looking too good to me unfortuantley. Thank for the replies ...but i think i have made up my mind.

riverwynde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 riverwynde
Member since 2003 • 64 Posts

"4. dragonball tenakachi 3 online"

Well if your trying to make a point to someone NOT to sell there Wii..using DBZ 3 Online is a weak thing to use. Online is laggy as hell (Atari's fault) and they won't even realease a statement saying when it will be fixed..or how they intend to do it!!

ct1257860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#22 ct1257860
Member since 2006 • 4441 Posts
i have a 360 and wii, before i was mostly playing my wii. But now i have been playing guitar hero 3 on the 360, but on the wii i have been playing hours of wii spors with my cousions and mario galaxy which is a looong game and im really far in it. I suggest you stick to the wii for example an old game i am getting is resident evil 4. Mario Kart wii, will be a blast every one could play that game than super smash bros. is going to be sick and will have you moving a lot. Then wii fit will be really cool enough said on that. Last, deca sports in the summer is like wii sports with new games and will include BASKETBALL! Also i am looking into sega tennis since my cousions love wii sports tennis. So this will be more detailed. oh yea now dont forget about SPOUR thats like 200 hours of game play right there.
Espada242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Espada242
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i know i got disconnected from the lag
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts
I lost interest in my Wii a long time ago, but I'm not going to sell it. Right now I'm waiting for Gamefly to send me SMG and then I'm looking forward to Brawl and Mario Kart.
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts
I was in your position a few months ago and i decided to sell mine. Once i sold it, i turned around and bought another one, but i had to pay more than retail for it since there hard to find
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
Mario Kart is sure to be delayed until at least 2009 or 2010. Do you really expect it to just show up this year?? I think not!
darktomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darktomorrow
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
DOES ANYONE THINK SADNESS MIGHT BE A GOOD GAME? tho little to none info has been given on it!
Miisterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Miisterr
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts

i dont really care what u do.. do what u please and what makes u happy.. im just telling u.. you may probably want to think how are u going to spend the money that you get from your wii.. IMOyou will regret it some time if you sell it..you might just wanna wait some time.. even if this means until 2009.. i mean a console is for using it for years not just months or something.. :D

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
too bad for you -- i love mine dearly.
Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts
Well maybe the Wii is not for you. All i need is SSBB then I'm set.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Ok not to bea jerk, but enough is enough. Why do people feel the need to post every decision they make regarding the Wii. This is a forum for discussing the Wii hardware and software, and news referring to both. Not a place for people to convince you to keep systems, or be told what your going to do with your Wii, or any other personal moves you make. This is a discussion forum, not group therapy.
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

Dont do what my cousin did. He sold it and then he started to regret it a lot. Then he wanted it back for christmasand his mom said no she doesnt want to buy for him again becuase she wants him to learn about the right choices.

sooooo.... u will regret selling it.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

I'm thinking about selling it. I have checked the EBgames coming soon list to try to spur my interest in the system, but it ,in fact, had the opposite effect. I suspect the EBgames list is a bit incomplete. I want someone provide me a list of possible good Wii games coming this year. The only 4 games i have any interest in right now are Nitrobike, No More Heroes, Okami and maybe Samba Di Amigo. ( im not interested in Smash Bros at all ).Videodogg

Honestly I will never understand why people feel that they have to be loyal to one console at a time. I've had my Wii for about 6 months and have 8 games including Wii sports and in all honesty I'm more than satisfied. Even if playing video game was a career of mine I'd probly still be happy.

As for a serious 2008 game list no one can provide that for any console because the majority of games for 2008 have yet to be announced.

Edit: Either your an anti-Wii cow whos just trolling this board or your ignorant....no offense.

nezardm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nezardm
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

Mario Kart is sure to be delayed until at least 2009 or 2010. Do you really expect it to just show up this year?? I think not!santiagochile

I havent heard anything about it being delayed? it says everywhere that it's coming out in 1Q 2008? right ?

Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts
Done sell your Wii when Brawl is about a month away from being released.:P
gary_safc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gary_safc
[QUOTE="gary_safc"]

8. chocobo dungeon

Videodogg

omg what kind of gamer are u all them games i mentioned are gonna be awsome im tellin ya u just wait and see when mario kart and brawl comes out u will soon change your mind
Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
Yeah i cant blame u, i l bought my wii in july 2007 and got bored with it after TP, and resorted to play gamecube games and VC games.
DahlVaughnni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DahlVaughnni
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts

One thing people have to understand though is not EVERYONE likes super smash bros. I've hated it since the n64 days. It isn't fun to me, and it may not me fun to him either. The wii is a party system, it's a system you play when you have friends over and you want to chill with a beer and fool around with.

The wii has little or no epic games. If I needed extra money, I wouldn't think twice about selling my wii, but i have plenty of cash, so it would be kind of stupid for me to do it.

To the TC: If you're who i think you are, a gamer who likes EPIC games with intense depth, then go ahead and sell the Wii. I have a feeling you're an RPG or a shooter fan.. The 360 has plenty of shooters, too many to name, the 360 is infamous for that. But if you're looking for a great rpg experience... It's looking very bleak for all of the main consoles. The DS is where it's at for rpgs right now.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#39 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

To the TC: If you're who i think you are, a gamer who likes EPIC games with intense depth, then go ahead and sell the Wii. I have a feeling you're an RPG or a shooter fan.. The 360 has plenty of shooters, too many to name, the 360 is infamous for that. But if you're looking for a great rpg experience... It's looking very bleak for all of the main consoles. The DS is where it's at for rpgs right now.

DahlVaughnni
Please define "Epic". Besides, if he's an RPG or a shooter fan then he can wait for Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy CC. As for shooters, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 proved to be a fantastic shooter on the Wii by having 32 players online and great Wii controls.

To the TC: If you seriously can't find ANY game you're interested in then go ahead and sell it. When the time comes that you want a Wii again, don't come crying to us. Mario Kart Wii, Tales of Symphonia 2, Smash Bros Brawl, and No More Heroes all look like great games. Doesn't any one of them interest you at all? At the moment, Galaxy, Medal of Honor, Guitar Hero 3, Zack and Wiki, MP3 and RE4 are great games. If you don't own some of them then why not check it out? If you do own them and you don't like them well then sorry. I guess the Wii just ain't for you. Not trying to sound harsh here but I'm a bit tired of these topics
Anunnaki_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Anunnaki_XII
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
Get Geometry Wars, it rocks!
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

[QUOTE="santiagochile"]Mario Kart is sure to be delayed until at least 2009 or 2010. Do you really expect it to just show up this year?? I think not!nezardm

I havent heard anything about it being delayed? it says everywhere that it's coming out in 1Q 2008? right ?

That's what Nintendo says, but they always make up release dates only to launch the game a year later. Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galazy, SMBB, Twilight Princess for Gamecube, Phantom Hourglass for DS, etc. All those games were delayed at least 10 months. There have been no announcements, almost no pictures, etc. You can't seriously think you are going to pick up Mario Kart Wii this year??

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#42 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
i bought the Wii knowing the releases would be minimal, just like the Gamecube...which I don't mind. Im only looking forward to 2 games for Wii this year, but thankfully i own a 360 and Ps3 as well.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
You seem to dislike all games. I want to know then, what kind of games are you looking for this year? Possibly, the Wii is not the console for you.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts
Dude it's like this you only own a Wii for SMBB if your holding it for any other game your wasting your time. Then you get a 360 for all the other games you want. The Wiis only good for SMBB, get the 360 for all other genders because it's getting the 3rd party support that the ps2 once had. Also any 3rd party games made on the Wii look 2X better on the 360 and have less bugs. Who ever listed Mario kart as a must wait game must have very low standards. It looks just like mario kart on the GC with bikes just added in. If the game has no on-line you better off holding off to ur GC version.
monkey_pirates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 monkey_pirates
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts

Why did you get it in the first place? Twighlight princess? Wii Sports? what do you like? Graffics, then get a 360, its not hard. You could even get a job and get both. In any case you choose an okay time to sell it... though you would have got more for the wii if you sold it in December.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Dude it's like this you only own a Wii for SMBB if your holding it for any other game your wasting your time. Then you get a 360 for all the other games you want. The Wiis only good for SMBB, get the 360 for all other genders because it's getting the 3rd party support that the ps2 once had. Also any 3rd party games made on the Wii look 2X better on the 360 and have less bugs. Who ever listed Mario kart as a must wait game must have very low standards. It looks just like mario kart on the GC with bikes just added in. If the game has no on-line you better off holding off to ur GC version. zaku101

The fact that you think 'SMBB' (SSBB ..) is the only good Wii game just shows your hate towards the Wii. Any one whos an unbaised gamer knows this is not the truth.
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts
Well just sounds like wiis not your thing because if you don't want Resident Evil 4,smash bros,DBZ,Old games(virtual console)or super mario galaxy I cant help except for try the other consoles.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
Zack and Wiki and Resident Evil 4 are great games not on your list.. i believe. Trauma Center one, Zelda Twilight Princess... did you get those yet?
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts
You're right, Wii is boring the games suck. You should just go ahead and sell it to me for $250.
bottomdollar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 bottomdollar
Member since 2004 • 1229 Posts

Mario Kart is sure to be delayed until at least 2009 or 2010. Do you really expect it to just show up this year?? I think not!santiagochile

I hate to say it but I agree with him, Mario Kart is going to be pushed back at LEAST to Q4 of 2008. The Big N is going to make TRUCK LOADS of money on Brawl, not to mention the Wii is still selling like hotcakes. That said, there is a lot of fun to be had on the Wii, but it depends on what you're trying to get out of it. Online support is not there much, (MOHH 2 is out but I had enough of WW II FPS and Madden is laggy online). However, locally, besides Rock Band on the PS3, the Wii rocks. Wii Sports is enough for a trash talking session that can last all night and it is easy to pick up. I personally ALWAYS have fun play 2-on-2 in Madden 08 (a Wii exclusive Mini-game if I may add) which is not to hard to play either (just make sure you take the Mississippi count down to like 2 and play with regular rules, add more depth and enjoyment to a 2-on-2 session.). Don't sell you Wii, give it time.