IGN Modern Warfare Reflex Review Up! Also Nintendo UK Magazine

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

Hope someone hasn't post this yet but here it is.

Remember this is one persons opinion.

Also to add as some people have been saying The Official Nintendo UK Magazine has a online review up so you can check it out to. They gave it a 80/100 with their main proplem graphics saying "this Wii version with its flat and muddy textures and short draw distances just can't compete." but praised the controlls and online mode.

I am sure plenty of other reviews will come up tonight to.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I could've called that, from a mile away.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
It got a 7? thats pretty weak...
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
No way am I taking this seriously. The game is miles ahead of that screenshot.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I said before that a consistent framerate is all that really matters in a shooter in terms of visuals, as long as the graphics are at least passable. If we can take Bozon at his word..... then that's this game's biggest problem.

The framerate in Reflex is extremely inconsistent, and it impacts gameplay in a big way. The game constantly dips below the 30 frames per second mark, and every time it does the cursor goes right along with it. In fact, even when running with little action on the screen the cursor doesn't have the pixel-by-pixel precision that you'll find in nearly every other pointer-based game out there.Bozon

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
It's a dumbed down port of a 2 year old game. I'm not surprised.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The pro Nintnedo site sinks it?

That doesn't look good for the rest of the sites

Jordan is exactly right, if the game can't play smoothly the game should not be played

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Eh... I think I'll stick with MW2...
tpsy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tpsy0
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts

Does IGN hate the Wii?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I thought it would have gotten a 6.5 or less....
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

Does IGN hate the Wii?

tpsy0
Seriously? Seems like a fair score. I'm not gonna bother with reading the review. I never had too much interest in this game to begin with.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JordanElek

Jordan is exactly right, if the game can't play smoothly the game should not be playedJaysonguy
No, I wouldn't go that far. If you can deal with the framerate dips and it doesn't bother you that much, then fine. But it does get annoying, in my opinion, and it's the reason devs like Retro work so hard to get a consistent 60fps framerate for shooters. Even a consistent 30fps is acceptable.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Look whos here!!!!!!!!! hahaha i told you guys not to get ur hopes up. This game is a lazy port. i want to see how many will still continue to say its not or say "OH but its only one persons opinion". seriously it should've gotten lower. IGN was being nice. framerate issues, nothinf remeniscent of the original, not polished, inaccurate controls compared to ther shooters & apparently worse than WAW. still i wouldnt be suprised if people still support this game as if it was a work of art.

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 carter15kd5
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts

just like to say to all that said this game is great i told you so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Wow. I have had no framerate problems, i love the controls after tweaking them i found a perfect set up and honestly all the atmosphere is there despite graphic problems IMO

Bozon reviewed it right? He sounded like he was going to hate it from the start during his hands on.

Crash bugs? I've played 3 hours of MP and almost beaten the SP on hard, and beaten it on easy already, and i've had no crashing whatsoever.

How are the particle effects worse than world at war when its the same engine, the COD4 engine? I dunno, i really like the fire. I think it looks really good.

Well, a review is a review. This game is easily better than the Conduit. (Having played both)

I can't see how Conduit gets a better score than this

Am I in beforerushedportfromHDconsole?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
They can't even get the pointing right! :lol::lol::lol: What else is here? Inconstitent frame rate..graphics that are meh...no voice chat, but I guess that's a minor thing...multiplayer is sub-par...and worst of all is that it's 2 years 2 late. Oh and did I mention there's a lot of pointing issues. Call of Duty games have been a joke since launch, all 3 of them contribute for unique and different reasons form each other. If Call of Duty is going to be on the Wii, it include everything that the Wii has, including modes of play and multiplayer and not have sub-par issues with pointing! Otherwise, don't even bother.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Does IGN hate the Wii?

tpsy0
Wait, are you being serious or joking? They give positive scores to just about every 'hardcore' Wii game out there (See: Conduit, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, House of the Dead: Overkill, Madworld, Dead Space: Extraction, Godfather: Blackhand Edition, etc.). For IGN to give it a 7.0, this game must simply be that average.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Oh and did I mention there's a lot of pointing issues. wiifan001

That's so glaring

It's like if you make a game for the Wii and you screw up the pointing then maybe you should have spent a few more days in the office

Maybe not so many days off

Just saying

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Jordan is exactly right, if the game can't play smoothly the game should not be playedJordanElek

No, I wouldn't go that far. If you can deal with the framerate dips and it doesn't bother you that much, then fine. But it does get annoying, in my opinion, and it's the reason devs like Retro work so hard to get a consistent 60fps framerate for shooters. Even a consistent 30fps is acceptable.

Yes.

And i'm loving the game, haven't had any of the problems IGN stated, and think its the best online Wii game yet. Loving it. And Painguy, why are you so proud to tell ppl this is a bad game when the poster below you, me, and ppl like Darth-Samus (and many others in the COD board) are loving it?

We get it, it got a 7, so what?

I liked Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn but it got a 6.5, and was clearly based off GCN tech and translate to Wii with little wii specific features and graphics a GCN could handle in no time. Even Twilight Princess can be considered a lazy port since it adds waggle, and widescreen (and takes away pan the camera around with the C stick)

Fact is, this "lazy port" is better than all FPS on Wii excluding only Metroid Prime (since MP can't touch the competitive multiplayer of COD)

Maybe its just a statement on the sad state of Wii shooters. I love'em.

I'm looking forward to hopefully the MOH reboot coming to Wii if it does next year, and COD7 in November 2010

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darth-pyschosis

I like how ppl in here like me are saying they aren't having this issues, or that they are minor, yet people who haven't played the game (and prolly won't even though rentals are like $5)

Hey guys, rent the game. You'll be trying the best online FPS on Wii. Too bad its two years after its initial release, doesn't change it from being one of the best games this gen IMO.

If you don't want to try this first hand, and see who's right: Users enjoying the game or the IGN review, then so what? Who cares what people with no first hand knowledge think about the game? I care that Bozon had problems with the game. He had some issues. The smoke particle effects aren't stellar but there on par with WAW as far as i can tell, but the fire looks really nice.

(once again it was Bozon i believe)

What am i even posting for? People who haven't played the game are just going to keep discussing it like the know it backwards/forwards from one review.

All I can say, if nothing else, just rent the game guys, borrow it from a friend, just try it first hand if you'd like to form an opinion on it. Ugh, that sentence is going to get torn apart.....

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
The closing comment sums everthing up: The framerate is jumpy, the pointer tracking needs some serious polish, and while most of the elements of COD4 are included, none of them are given enough fine-tuning to truly excel. It's obvious that World at War was given either a larger dev time, larger budget, or larger team (or all of the above) than Modern Warfare's first stint on Wii. If you can cope with the somewhat unintuitive controls there's a fun experience to be had. It's just a shame that amidst the near-endless amount of customization is a ported engine that can't offer true pointer precision. Sure it's one man's opinion, but these sound like pretty legit complaints.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darth-pyschosis

BTW i don't know if anyone had seen, Official Nintendo Magazine UK gave the game a 80 out of 100. I'm not really interested in more reviews coz, well i know what i think of this game no matter if it got a -1 million from every next reviewer coz i love it

(And i suppose thats what matters, amirite or amirite?)

its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

i though they would over rate it but they didnt

i would give the game a 6 though (i didnt buy it but i would still give it that)

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

A 7 is not a bad score at all....

but, frame rate issues?? with those graphics??

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I'm not surprised by the review. I really feel that Activision has shortchanged Wii-owners by porting an older game. What they should've done was port MW2 along with MW so that it won't feel so insulting for Wii-owners to play this cash-in game.

That's why I don't like it.

World at War was multiplatform from day one so that's cool. But Reflex is a tough case. With Modern Warfare 2 out along with this game and with barely any ads or commercials for Reflex it's as if Activision wanted nothing to do with this game.

I'll be honest here, I love the Wii but it's things like this that make me feel sad about the Wii sometimes.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darth-pyschosis

The closing comment sums everthing up: The framerate is jumpy, the pointer tracking needs some serious polish, and while most of the elements of COD4 are included, none of them are given enough fine-tuning to truly excel. It's obvious that World at War was given either a larger dev time, larger budget, or larger team (or all of the above) than Modern Warfare's first stint on Wii. If you can cope with the somewhat unintuitive controls there's a fun experience to be had. It's just a shame that amidst the near-endless amount of customization is a ported engine that can't offer true pointer precision. Sure it's one man's opinion, but these sound like pretty legit complaints.alphamale1989

Framerate hovers 30fps but i've had no problems, i guess it does dip below 30 but i haven't seen it but i'll take Bozon's word for it. once again i've had no crashes. i was surprised how shock and awe had 20+ enemies on screen and all that stuff going on and it maintained a solid framerate

pointer works fine after some tweaking for me

the engine isn't ported. it is the COD4 engine, the same engine WAW used last year. I don't see how Bozon overlooked this.

The controls can't really be unintuitive, since you can remap buttons anywhere on the controller and adjust the sensitivity to extreme degrees (i prefer 15 all around, but between 20-30 is really accurate, but i'm a slowpoke)

And World at War given a larger dev time? thank you captain Mark Obvious? (see what i did there? he's mark bozon!)

WAW had maybe 1 year to 1 1/2 years dev time, and Treyarch ported COD4 to Wii well (hey it got a 7 and 80 from places so while the port wasn't superb it wasn't bad) in like 1 year, while working on COD7 for Wii, PS2, X360, PS3, PC. You know they are. Everyone should realise Treyarch is probably working on a lot of games at once, a small team doing a COD4 port, and COD7 for 3 separate platforms (since Wii is different from PS2 versions since PS2 doesn't use COD4 engine, and 360//PS3/PC probably are the same version with higher specs for PC)

i'm not saying the fact that Trey is working on 3 COD7 versions while porting COD4 to Wii is an excuse, but to think they could've had more time is absurd. You know activision wouldn't let them slip through the holidays, i believe the did a good job for such a short time. no excuse i know.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darth-pyschosis

i though they would over rate it but they didnt

i would give the game a 6 though (i didnt buy it but i would still give it that)

its_a_username

You'd rate a game you didn't buy and haven't played? Can i quote you on that?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#28 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

BTW i don't know if anyone had seen, Official Nintendo Magazine UK gave the game a 80 out of 100. I'm not really interested in more reviews coz, well i know what i think of this game no matter if it got a -1 million from every next reviewer coz i love it

(And i suppose thats what matters, amirite or amirite?)

Hey many of us don't like Reflex but if one enjoys the game than by all means have fun with it :)
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JordanElek

Hey guys, rent the game. You'll be trying the best online FPS on Wii. Too bad its two years after its initial release, doesn't change it from being one of the best games this gen IMO.

If you don't want to try this first hand, and see who's right: Users enjoying the game or the IGN review, then so what?. . .What am i even posting for? People who haven't played the game are just going to keep discussing it like the know it backwards/forwards from one review.

darth-pyschosis

I rarely trust IGN, so I don't really trust Bozon's review in all honesty.

But on the other hand, I remember The Conduit discussions. I rented that game, beat the campaign, and played the multiplayer quite a bit. After that, I read descriptions of the game from people in this forum who played the game that simply did not in the LEAST match up with my experience with the game. And some of them were from you, if I remember right.

Yet in spite of those things, it's still not worth the $5 rental to me. I played the original game already. I remember The Conduit's defenders slowly but surely began to give more accurate descriptions of the game as time went on, and we rarely see people still touting it as an amazing game like they were within the first week or two. They still like it, but they're more willing to admit its flaws now than they were shortly after release.

canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

It's too bad. I really wanted to get this one too. I guess I'll simply rent it.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ASK_Story

I like how ppl in here like me are saying they aren't having this issues, or that they are minor, yet people who haven't played the game (and prolly won't even though rentals are like $5)

If you don't want to try this first hand, and see who's right: Users enjoying the game or the IGN review, then so what? Who cares what people with no first hand knowledge think about the game? I care that Bozon had problems with the game. He had some issues. The smoke particle effects aren't stellar but there on par with WAW as far as i can tell, but the fire looks really nice.

What am i even posting for? People who haven't played the game are just going to keep discussing it like the know it backwards/forwards from one review.

All I can say, if nothing else, just rent the game guys, borrow it from a friend, just try it first hand if you'd like to form an opinion on it. Ugh, that sentence is going to get torn apart.....

darth-pyschosis

I admire your advocacy of the game Darth-Pyschosis, but it's tough to be excited for this game especially with Modern Warfare 2 out.

If Reflex came out a year ago, than this might be worth noting. But Activision either was foolish to release this game along side of Modern Warfare 2 to engulf any anticipation of Reflex OR they did this as a cheap cash-in ploy by using Modern Warfare 2's insane hype and publicity so that Wii-owners will be stirred up to try out Reflex.

Like I said, it's things like this that make me sad with the Wii. I love the Wii and play it all the time but it's how some third-party developers treat it that is unfortunate, like Dirt being the PSP version, etc.

I'm sure Infinity Ward didn't want MW2 ported but I really hope either A) Wii-owners just get a PS3 or 360 and experience this game, or B) Activision make amends and release a more worthy port of MW2 and not this two year later type of deal.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I could've called that, from a mile away.Haziqonfire

Agreed.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darth-pyschosis

ASK_Story

I admire your advocacy of the game Darth-Pyschosis, but it's tough to be excited for this game especially with Modern Warfare 2 out.

If Reflex came out a year ago, than this might be worth noting. But Activision either was foolish to release this game along side of Modern Warfare 2 to engulf any anticipation of Reflex OR they did this as a cheap cash-in ploy by using Modern Warfare 2's insane hype and publicity so that Wii-owners will be stirred up to try out Reflex.

Like I said, it's things like this that make me sad with the Wii. I love the Wii and play it all the time but it's how some third-party developers treat it that is unfortunate, like Dirt being the PSP version, etc.

I'm sure Infinity Ward didn't want MW2 ported but I really hope either A) Wii-owners just get a PS3 or 360 and experience this game, or B) Activision make amends and release a more worthy port of MW2 and not this two year later type of deal.

Why thank you! I think the just wanted to piggy back off MW2's marketing, with the millions of COD buyers on Wii saying "wheres my new COD?"

its a decent business move, try to pay marketing to cover as many titles as it can, without having to pay separate marketing for multiple titles (reasons why you'd see flyers with MW2 say PC/PS3/360 and DS even though the DS version is different)

I don't like it, but i'm just happy this game is good and its in my wii right now waiting to be fired up

Yea, Jordan i stopped playing Conduit online in late July, early august. I had it rented for like a month, considered buying it until COD4 was announced.

I knew COD would be better.

I'm aware that some glaring issues have come up in the Conduit since i stopped playing, like a lot more hacking. I'm happy i left it behind, it was a nice gap filler for the summer but now that a even better FPS is here i don't need it.

I enjoyed Conduit while it lasted but sadly its campaign and multiplayer don't compare to COD: MWR.

i'd trade Conduits better enemy textures for the worse character models in MWR anyday, coz MWR manages to pull off more action on screen and a much deeper online experience.

I am looking forward to HVS improving on what they've already accomplished with Grinder, and future projects, but until they make something that stands above Trey's port to Wii, can't say i'll look forward it to more than whatever COD coming to wii in any given year

tpsy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tpsy0

I was just kiddin'. haha. My bad.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Well imo it looks a hell of a lot better than TCon (and that game suffers from many of Bozon's complaints, so how the hell did it get such a high score on IGN? hmmmmmmm). The controls seem to be just as customizable as TCon too from all the videos that I have seen, and it looks a hell of a lot better than World at War. I had made up my mind about the game not too long ago so eh:|
tpsy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tpsy0

I only bought it for Online, thats the only reason I buy some games, but overall, I think FOR the Wii, its a very good port. But we all have our opinion.

I think it's mad fun and good for the Wii.

fdd10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fdd10
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

I though it would get a 7.5, 8.0 if lucky

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]The closing comment sums everthing up: The framerate is jumpy, the pointer tracking needs some serious polish, and while most of the elements of COD4 are included, none of them are given enough fine-tuning to truly excel. It's obvious that World at War was given either a larger dev time, larger budget, or larger team (or all of the above) than Modern Warfare's first stint on Wii. If you can cope with the somewhat unintuitive controls there's a fun experience to be had. It's just a shame that amidst the near-endless amount of customization is a ported engine that can't offer true pointer precision. Sure it's one man's opinion, but these sound like pretty legit complaints.darth-pyschosis

Framerate hovers 30fps but i've had no problems, i guess it does dip below 30 but i haven't seen it but i'll take Bozon's word for it. once again i've had no crashes. i was surprised how shock and awe had 20+ enemies on screen and all that stuff going on and it maintained a solid framerate

the engine isn't ported. it is the COD4 engine, the same engine WAW used last year. I don't see how Bozon overlooked this.

The controls can't really be unintuitive, since you can remap buttons anywhere on the controller and adjust the sensitivity to extreme degrees (i prefer 15 all around, but between 20-30 is really accurate, but i'm a slowpoke)

And World at War given a larger dev time? thank you captain Mark Obvious? (see what i did there? he's mark bozon!)

WAW had maybe 1 year to 1 1/2 years dev time, and Treyarch ported COD4 to Wii well (hey it got a 7 and 80 from places so while the port wasn't superb it wasn't bad) in like 1 year, while working on COD7 for Wii, PS2, X360, PS3, PC. You know they are. Everyone should realise Treyarch is probably working on a lot of games at once, a small team doing a COD4 port, and COD7 for 3 separate platforms (since Wii is different from PS2 versions since PS2 doesn't use COD4 engine, and 360//PS3/PC probably are the same version with higher specs for PC)

i'm not saying the fact that Trey is working on 3 COD7 versions while porting COD4 to Wii is an excuse, but to think they could've had more time is absurd. You know activision wouldn't let them slip through the holidays, i believe the did a good job for such a short time. no excuse i know.

COD4 engine doesn't have native wii support. They are forcing the 360 API on the engine to run on the wii with a few modifications to hardware detection on the engine.

MisuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MisuK
Member since 2009 • 815 Posts

2 nights ago i read Bozon's......yes Bozon's review for Modern warfare 2 on 360. ill agree the game is definatley AAA but Bozon has his head so far up his ass in praise for that game even tho it has a few flaws, that he shouldnt be allowed to review any other game, neither for 360,ps3 and especially not for wii in the next few weeks.

and what happens......the wii review staff is no where to be found and he reviews Reflex on wii. facepalm right there. it smells like bias/a hate review right from the fact that its reviewed by Bozon. this guy is busy w/ MW2 and all its glory. Now he plays Reflex .....of course the graphics and everything are gonna be crap......comapred to MW2...heck, if he reviewed HALO ODST right now, he'd prolly call that crap too!

he reviewed call of duty 3 on wii. it got 7.7. i thought the game was garbage...it didnt even have any multiplayer. conduit was a lil over rated but it got points for being a bland generic fps. so why cant reflex get points for being a good port and being better than cod3 or on par w/ WaW?

thankfully theres no video review....id be showing Bozon twitching and looking offscreen at MW2 and cuting it short while crying: MW2 here i come!

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
So, we are trusting IGN now? :roll:
snipe12388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 snipe12388
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
I don't understand what he means by the "unresponsive" pointer. If I wanted The Conduit's jittery pointer, I would play The Conduit. It does NOT jump around and act all crazy. I'll see if I can post a video tomorrow. If I can get a 37-13 Kill/Death ratio, I wouldn't call that a jittery pointer. And to be honest, didn't the developers say they were implementing something along the lines of PC style aiming? The other comment I have yet to fully notice yet, partially because I haven't finished the campaign, but I did notice a little framerate drop in a mission, but nothing too serious.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]The closing comment sums everthing up: The framerate is jumpy, the pointer tracking needs some serious polish, and while most of the elements of COD4 are included, none of them are given enough fine-tuning to truly excel. It's obvious that World at War was given either a larger dev time, larger budget, or larger team (or all of the above) than Modern Warfare's first stint on Wii. If you can cope with the somewhat unintuitive controls there's a fun experience to be had. It's just a shame that amidst the near-endless amount of customization is a ported engine that can't offer true pointer precision. Sure it's one man's opinion, but these sound like pretty legit complaints.painguy1

COD4 engine doesn't have native wii support. They are forcing the 360 API on the engine to run on the wii with a few modifications to hardware detection on the engine.

I'm not sure about all that other stuff you said but all i know is WAW and COD MWR used a COD4 engine that is adapted to the Wii, so i guess you're saying yes thats true?

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 loco145

Just read the review. There's no way or shape that MW is inferior to WaW in the gameplay or graphics department.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 darth-pyschosis

So Bozon reviewed MW2 and this?

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ASK_Story

2 nights ago i read Bozon's......yes Bozon's review for Modern warfare 2 on 360. ill agree the game is definatley AAA but Bozon has his head so far up his ass in praise for that game even tho it has a few flaws, that he shouldnt be allowed to review any other game, neither for 360,ps3 and especially not for wii in the next few weeks.

and what happens......the wii review staff is no where to be found and he reviews Reflex on wii. facepalm right there. it smells like bias/a hate review right from the fact that its reviewed by Bozon. this guy is busy w/ MW2 and all its glory. Now he plays Reflex .....of course the graphics and everything are gonna be crap......comapred to MW2...heck, if he reviewed HALO ODST right now, he'd prolly call that crap too!

he reviewed call of duty 3 on wii. it got 7.7. i thought the game was garbage...it didnt even have any multiplayer. conduit was a lil over rated but it got points for being a bland generic fps. so why cant reflex get points for being a good port and being better than cod3 or on par w/ WaW?

thankfully theres no video review....id be showing Bozon twitching and looking offscreen at MW2 and cuting it short while crying: MW2 here i come!

MisuK

Bozon's a pretty good reviewer. I notice that he favors Nintendo games more than the usual IGN editor. He gives higher scores to niche games like Muramasa, Nostalgia, A Boy and His Blob, etc., and points out solid reviews and thoughts on these games.

The truth of the matter with Reflex is that it's a port of a two year old game, not just any port but a downgrade from a superior version. The controls could've been a saving grace for Reflex, but it looks like that's even mixed. Like I said before, with Modern Warfare 2 out along the side of Reflex, it would be tough for any reviewer to review Reflex especially because

• A) I'm sure every editor is playing Modern Warfare 2 right now, and
  • B) I'm sure every editor played the original Modern Warfare to death already.

So with those in mind, how can you review Reflex with a clean slate? You can't. It's unfortunate that Activision is heartless to force Treyarch to make this game just so they can cash-in. Like the game or not, even those who bought Reflex are admitting that Activision made Reflex as a cheap cash-in game.

Also, Call of Duty 3 or World at War wasn't ports of old games. They were released side-by-side with the other console versions. So it doesn't make sense to compare CoD3 or W@W scores with Reflex.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 loco145

ike I said before, with Modern Warfare 2 out along the side of Reflex, it would be tough for any reviewer to review Reflex especially because A) I'm sure every editor is playing Modern Warfare 2 right now, and B) I'm sure every editor already played the original Modern Warfare to death already. So with those in mind, how can you review Reflex with a fresh slate?ASK_Story

They are supposed to be professionals. If you wanna play modern warfare 2 instead of doing your job then quit, just like any other job. If you can view the product objectively then you suck at your job. Is just another example of how unprofessional is the medium (at best, i would say childish).

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="MisuK"]

ASK_Story

Bozon's a pretty good reviewer. I notice that he favors Nintendo games more than the usual IGN editor. He gives higher scores to niche games like Muramasa, Nostalgia, A Boy and His Blob, etc., and points out solid reviews and thoughts on these games.

The truth of the matter with Reflex is that it's a port of a two year old game, not just any port but a downgrade from a superior version. The controls could've been a saving grace for Reflex, but it looks like that's even mixed. Like I said before, with Modern Warfare 2 out along the side of Reflex, it would be tough for any reviewer to review Reflex especially because

• A) I'm sure every editor is playing Modern Warfare 2 right now, and
  • B) I'm sure every editor played the original Modern Warfare to death already.

So with those in mind, how can you review Reflex with a clean slate? You can't. It's unfortunate that Activision is heartless to force Treyarch to make this game just so they can cash-in. Like the game or not, even those who bought Reflex are admitting that Activision made Reflex as a cheap cash-in game.

Also, Call of Duty 3 or World at War wasn't ports of old games. They were released side-by-side with the other console versions. So it doesn't make sense to compare CoD3 or W@W scores with Reflex.

Yes, but everyone who's played Reflex knows it is a better game than World at War and COD3. Therefore it should be graded near those games.

COD3 was garbage, with no multiplayer, WAW was good but Reflex improves upon it and adds the most played game this gen to the formula

even as a port, MWR is the best FPS on wii, excluding only Metroid Prime

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]ike I said before, with Modern Warfare 2 out along the side of Reflex, it would be tough for any reviewer to review Reflex especially because A) I'm sure every editor is playing Modern Warfare 2 right now, and B) I'm sure every editor already played the original Modern Warfare to death already. So with those in mind, how can you review Reflex with a fresh slate?loco145

They are supposed to be professionals. If you wanna play modern warfare 2 instead of doing your job then quit, just like any other job. If you can view the product objectively then you suck at your job. Is just another example of how unprofessional is the medium (at best, i would say childish).

It shouldn't be reviewed as "Oh it misses this from the 360 version" it should be reviewed by the platform

It may not be superior to the other versions, but its superior to other games in its genre on the Wii.

Infact, since i find MWR just as immersive and atmospheric as the PS3 version of COD4, this brings me back to a Kotaku article a few weeks ago about what games are truly this gen, and couldn't have been conceived last gen? Another topic i know, but this makes me further realise with the Wii being a GCN 1.5+ or so that there are few games this gen that scream that they could only be done this gen by this different hardware

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I don't get how he call call the point control worse than the conduit? Even Red Steel had better pointer controls than the conduit. In the conduit, the damn thing wouldn't stop flickering all over the place.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

To all the people who are saying I told you so or believe anything these game sites tell you--you know nothing! Go play the game for yourself and put their word to the test.

Bozon gripesabout framerate issues. I've experienced none! Also there are other members of these very forums who say the same thing! I have experienced no lag online or any bugs,but thoseissues areabundant in WaW and The Conduit--yet he puts the gameplay of those games ahead of Reflex?

Right now The Conduit and Reflex are the best FPS on the Wii. However I would give a slight edge to Reflex--I have both games and I can thoroughly assess without a bias. The Conduit has better graphics and online voice chat. However those are the only factors that The Conduit have over Reflex.

Reflex has better and bigger level design compared to the compacted and uninspired Conduit levels. The online multiplayer runs waaaaaay smoother than the Conduit's, and I've experienced hardly any hacks, glitches, and lag--which The Conduit, although still reliable, has more more of. I mean opponents who I shoot at do not disapper through walls, blink or vanish from the screen as I attack them in close combat. Those issues are in just about every Conduit online match I've played and this guy still puts The Conduit gameplay above Reflexes. People I am telling you unless you have played this game you need to take this review with a grain of salt. We're talking about a guy who can't wait to get back to MW2 and was annoyed that his MW2 time was interrupted for a review of a two year port. Yep...his mind was already in an annoyed place! Also, IGN hyped The Conduit as this year's definitive first person shooter and I mean they hyped it big time. Suddenly reflex is announced months after The Conduit and little is known about it...and it quitely took away way the strong points about the The Conduit save for the graphics and Wii Speak. Don't get me wrong I really like The Conduit and I hyped the crap out of that game too, so I have no problem accepting Reflex as the better game.