Ideas for the next Pokemon game/ Dream Pokemon Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

(Q.)Here is my question. If you were to make a Pokemon game that stuck to the same basic style as Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, what would your game be like?

(A.) My game would have 3D battles in a more actione styled combat system like that of FFIV. It would be placed in a futuristic post-apacolyptic setting on Earth. Intead of having some bad guys like Team Rocket to fight against, you are battling against MewTwo. The world is torn in half (not litteraly) in a fight of the humans with their good Pokemon against MewTwo with his evil Pokemon. This game would have a much more mature setting, darker collors, a world where most of the buildings are destroyed and fire can be seen everywhere, but still be suitible to be rated E For Everyone. This game would be a fight for survival, and in the end... *dun dun dunnnnn*

Character customization and even different armors to buy or craft for your war-torn Pokemon. The ultimate Pokemon. A true RPG.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
Pokemon MMO
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

exactly same plot from previous pokemon games, but different battle system (one that even allows MMO :o)

keep in mind that the battles are 3D, like an action game. when a battle starts, the trainer automatically throws the pokeball with the first pokemon in the party. you now control the pokemon, you can jump, run, dodge, and obviously attack.

considering it's a DS game, you'd move with the + pad, jump with L/R and dodge with the other shoulder button. each of the 4 attacks would be set in a button (ABXY).

when the PP's for a move are below half, a messgage will appear, same for when there's only 1/5 PP left for that move (like D/P's yellow/red text).

on the touchscreen, the other pokemon from the party are visible, and you can touch them to change at any time. there are also 2 or 3 pre-set items that can be touched for instant use. holding select won't pause the game, but the touchscreen will change for the item screen, where you can pick any item to use.

start pauses the game, but you can only see status on it.

to run away, move away from the wild pokemon (in case of wild pokemon battles) and the trainer will follow. when you are far enough the trainer will call the pokemon back.

capturing works the same way: weaken a wild pokemon, pick a pokeball, throw it (no minigames, just use the item and wait to see if you get it).

trainer battles would have a circumference on the floor to determine up to where you can go to. battles in closed rooms would not have this circumference.

---

yes i've been having this idea stuck on my head for years. please point out anything i missed.

firecookie29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 firecookie29
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts
Because of the way the name of the topic is, I thought you were going to talk about an upgraded version of Hey You Pikachu! for the DS.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BrunoBRS
Because of the way the name of the topic is, I thought you were going to talk about an upgraded version of Hey You Pikachu! for the DS.firecookie29
you are not alone :P
Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
[QUOTE="firecookie29"]Because of the way the name of the topic is, I thought you were going to talk about an upgraded version of Hey You Pikachu! for the DS.BrunoBRS

You can say that again :P.
whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whitefirex
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
i would rather just have a pokemon mmo... now that would be awesome =D
greedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 greedom
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts

I would do a Fable-esque Poke'mon game where you have to make decisions on whether or not you are good or evil and those decisions affect the outcome of the game.

Another idea would be to just scratch the good guy concept all together and become a grunt in Team Rocket and work your way up by defeating Team Rocket's top enemies.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
Maybe they should do a more mission based game. Like, "Oh no, that Ratata is in need of a Potion, quick get him one!!!" or "OMG that Marill is about to get tanked by a wild Rhydon!!! Get him out of the way!!!". Just do whatever until something happens and you have to help. BTW, your idea would probably be E10+ instead of just E for Everyone.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="firecookie29"]Because of the way the name of the topic is, I thought you were going to talk about an upgraded version of Hey You Pikachu! for the DS.lovetheblindone

Me 4....:)

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="firecookie29"]Because of the way the name of the topic is, I thought you were going to talk about an upgraded version of Hey You Pikachu! for the DS.lovetheblindone

Me 4....:)

FKSIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FKSIII
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
I would want it be where you are the leader of Team Rocket and you need to foil Ash (whoever) plans.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS
Maybe they should do a more mission based game. Like, "Oh no, that Ratata is in need of a Potion, quick get him one!!!" or "OMG that Marill is about to get tanked by a wild Rhydon!!! Get him out of the way!!!". Just do whatever until something happens and you have to help. BTW, your idea would probably be E10+ instead of just E for Everyone.GamerBoy53
hmm... pokemon ranger? i think pkmn ranger is pretty much like that... but i may be wrong >_>
ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts
Hmm, I was unaware of a game called Hey You Pikachu, so I changed the topic title, so no more confusion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
A handheld Pokemon game that doesn't follow the same tired out archetype and gameplay that the past Pokemon games have been following for over a decade.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

They can pretty much do whatever they want to the main game as long as the battle system doesn't change cos any Pokemon game with a different battle system will immediately be written of as a spinoff.  The main quest certainly needs more flexiblity; a badge run and the usual for the new kids, and a more open endedness to train and such for players that already know the fluff of the never-ending pokemon quest.

What I would like to see is a game that has stories written into the capture of each legendary pokemon, these could even be added into the game via downloads so everyone doesn't scramble for typical teams that consist of legedary pokemon. Actually some kind of "living" via online content style of game would be nice; dynamic weather for instance or even pokemon rarity changin (for instance if many of a pokemon are caught in one area then they migrate or become rare in one area).  

A create character function would be nice much like an MMO so we could see some more customisation. If the game is going to go online that makes sense.

I know a lot of people are gonna want MMO play...but tbh I think it is only a good idea on paper as Pokemon boils down to battle (all the rewards for all non-battle are inevitably related to battle in the end) and battle is only a 2 per side affair...which means making it an MMO just makes the trouble of matching players more complicated by having a world to navigate instead of a menu.  If they can find a way to capture the romance of travelling shown in the anime within the game then I am all for it though.

I am also hopeing for a decent soundtrack. The D/P one just plain sucked. The sounds so out of fashion for a DS game not to mention the composition is inexplicably terrible (why didn't they just reuse or remix the load of decent exiting pokemon source material for audio).

As an aside...stop adding Pokemon. This is probably the highest they can go without making Pokemon become intergalactic. 

MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
I would want it be where you are the leader of Team Rocket and you need to foil Ash (whoever) plans.FKSIII
Thats an awesome idea. The bad guys always look the coolest (in this case its not team rocket). And maybe instead of badges you get promotions instead. And at the end you take down the leader (whoever his/her name is) take the role as the leader of _______________.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

I would do a Fable-esque Poke'mon game where you have to make decisions on whether or not you are good or evil and those decisions affect the outcome of the game.

Another idea would be to just scratch the good guy concept all together and become a grunt in Team Rocket and work your way up by defeating Team Rocket's top enemies.

greedom
Or even moving up the ladder in terms of the evil organization you're in, beat the higher uppers, and become the head boss of the organization, like that dude, Giovanni.
halosonic2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 halosonic2
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts

Pokemon Game Ideas

the one thing I liked about XD for the GC was that you didn't have to stick to the traditional starters, and got Eevee at level 10 instead of 5. my idea  is along ther lines of a MMO, but make the pokemon region somewhere in the real world, like the caribbean or something, shuffling up the HM system in terms of when you can use them. also, have a completely unique story, where you can get a starter you'd least expect ( like a zubat) but that has a completely differnet moveset or stats (with leaf blade!). make the story less stereotypic of pokemon, and make it less childish but let it actually have some substance.

the combat should be freed up a bit and allow a bit of intervention in the attacks, similar to how the Mario and Luigi Series allows you to reduce damage taken by pressing button combos or increase damage given.

on an unrelated thought, what they could do is to make the battles a bit like street fighter, where you put in combos to execute your moves to go with a PP meter.

another thing they could do is allow some increased variance in the moves or base stats of the pokemon depending on where caught, sort of like a regional special feature that is unique to them. for example, if you caught a Geodude in one island, you could have mach punch (just an example), and in another island it has +20 special defense. let it keep some variance, but nothing drastic.

what do you think? 

ExplorerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ExplorerOfTime
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I Rekon That it should be A game where YOU get to play aas the pokemon.... In the wild.....Making friends and Building Houses.... Collecting food.... Creating a family... That is My dream pokemon Game.

Whoever agrees with me Message me and we can Try contact The pokemon company And ask them For a game like this... That is what happened with mystry Dungeon And it May happen with us!!

Poke`fans UNITE!!

ExplorerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ExplorerOfTime
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I Rekon That it should be A game where YOU get to play aas the pokemon.... In the wild.....Making friends and Building Houses.... Collecting food.... Creating a family... That is My dream pokemon Game.

Whoever agrees with me Message me and we can Try contact The pokemon company And ask them For a game like this... That is what happened with mystry Dungeon And it May happen with us!!

Poke`fans UNITE!!

rob111094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rob111094
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i would rather just have a pokemon mmo... now that would be awesome =Dwhitefirex
yea that would be sweet