I just traded my PS3 for a Wii.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ffxfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ffxfanforever
Member since 2004 • 155 Posts

I just traded my 80gig PS3 with ons of games for a Wii with SMG and Brawl, and I can gladly say I think I got the better end of the deal. See, I used to have a Wii, and eventually it got stolen. I used to play an FPS either Medal of Honor or Call of Duty something. It was online and I recall a sewer level and team killing alwayson, it was the funnest game I played. Does anybody know what game I'm talking about and does anyone still play it online?

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

I just traded my 80gig PS3 with ons of games for a Wii with SMG and Brawl, and I can gladly say I think I got the better end of the deal. See, I used to have a Wii, and eventually it got stolen. I used to play an FPS either Medal of Honor or Call of Duty something. It was online and I recall a sewer level and team killing alwayson, it was the funnest game I played. Does anybody know what game I'm talking about and does anyone still play it online?

ffxfanforever
i got COD and i cant remember a sewer so it had to be MOH most likely.
bbeastieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 bbeastieboy
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

Medal of Honor Heroes 2. It's alright.. the sewer level is the most fun to play online. I still play often, but it's not that great of a game.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I would have kept the PS3 and bought a Wii. I doubt your story is true.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

You love FPS games and you want a Wii more than a PS3? Well have fun anyway. Look for the Metroid Trilogy box set coming soon.

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

ffxfanforever

I've got both MoH Heroes 2, and CoD World at War and the one you are thinking of is MoH. I liked MoH until CoD came out so before you buy it maybe rent Call of Duty and give it a try. There is a ton of people playing CoD online, as for online with MoH I'm not sure because I have not been online for about 6-8 months. Also if FPS are you style give the conduit a shot ;)

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Did the same thing before,so I can kinda relate.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I did not know people like this existed! I'm glad you're enjoying your Wii! Shame about the 1st one being stolen though. Oh and I'm not sure selling your PS3 was a good choice... You probably should've kept it and saved up money for the Wii instead. Well anyways, you can enjoy the great amount of 3rd party games that have been released since your 1st Wii was stolen.
IOwnYou2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IOwnYou2
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts
thats a ballsy move man! but i do highly respect someone who can do something like that. As said before def. look for the metroid pack, ime xcited for it to!
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

didn't sony once say something like "consumers will work harder and longer to afford a PS3?"

anyway, bad move dude. never sell a console for another one, unless absolutely nessecary. You could've saved for a month or two and gotten a Wii and kept both

I can't say i could go this whole gen with one console (well i can go it with one handheld)

its best to experience everything, and rebuying a Wii is easier than rebuying a PS3 ($250 to $400)

but maybe you can pick up a X360 for $200 when you start missing those non-Wii games, so that they compliment each other

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Well I would've tried getting a Wii without selling the PS3, but if it made you happy that's all that matter. If you're looking for a new game, Little King's Story comes out next week. Definitly look into it if you like the genre.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

It was probably Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.

Also, nice to hear that you are enjoying the Wii.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
Medal of honor: Heroes 2 -32 multiplayer -CTF - Sewer level
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

i wouldn't have traded a ps3 if i were you

jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

You should have asked on here... I would have gladly traded my Wii for a PS3!

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

Not a very good move, IMO. A wii is good, but it would be better to have the PS3 and Wii. But whatever, to each his own

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

Honestly that was a good move, a lot of the ps3's games are so generic and the same its like you're buying the same games over and over again, buts in not as bad as the 360. The wii has lots of variety though.

ffxfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ffxfanforever

Well I got the Wii with 4 wiimotes and 4 nunchucks, 10 games (not shovelware) 2 classic controllers, mario kart steering wheel, and preloaded with a bunch of games installed on it. I can honestly say I have only owned this Wii for one day and have played it more than I have ever played my PS3. Not counting loading times on PS3 though. The only time my PS3 was on was for blu-ray, and trying to figure out the controls for KZ2, or laughing at no anti-aliasing. I have have an xbox already and have all the good multiplats, so I don't need a PS3. Wii + Xbox 360 FTW:D

yoshi_brawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yoshi_brawler
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts

I just traded my 80gig PS3 with ons of games for a Wii with SMG and Brawl, and I can gladly say I think I got the better end of the deal.

ffxfanforever

Welcome to the dark side. :3

Would you like some cookies, because we have them! :)

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts

Well I got the Wii with 4 wiimotes and 4 nunchucks, 10 games (not shovelware) 2 classic controllers, mario kart steering wheel, and preloaded with a bunch of games installed on it. I can honestly say I have only owned this Wii for one day and have played it more than I have ever played my PS3. Not counting loading times on PS3 though. The only time my PS3 was on was for blu-ray, and trying to figure out the controls for KZ2, or laughing at no anti-aliasing. I have have an xbox already and have all the good multiplats, so I don't need a PS3. Wii + Xbox 360 FTW:D

ffxfanforever
unless you are a big Metal gear fan, having a 360 and a PS3 is a bit redundent. I am glad you are enjoyig your wii.
ffxfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ffxfanforever
[QUOTE="ffxfanforever"]

ekalbtwin
unless you are a big Metal gear fan, having a 360 and a PS3 is a bit redundent. I am glad you are enjoyig your wii.

I originally bought it for FFXIII, but now its coming to xbox =D
GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts
You got ripped off.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 intro94
I did not know people like this existed! I'm glad you're enjoying your Wii! Shame about the 1st one being stolen though. Oh and I'm not sure selling your PS3 was a good choice... You probably should've kept it and saved up money for the Wii instead. Well anyways, you can enjoy the great amount of 3rd party games that have been released since your 1st Wii was stolen.Chojuto
hum people like that does exist.my friend did sell his ps3(with mg4) for more wii games.Might rebuy the ps3 sometime later.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
FPS with sewer level? could be any game --' BTW, you shouldn't have traded your PS3. the PS3 and the Wii are really different platforms. how are you gonna play MGS4, FFXIII, MG rising, etc? unless you had no choice (or you'll end up getting your PS3 back).
Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

good 4 u

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Moh Is BS in Online. The only good aspect of it is arcade. Its amazing.

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#29 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

I would've done the same thing, but that's only because I'm not a big fan of rated M games or FPS games

Blue-N-Yellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blue-N-Yellow
Member since 2009 • 208 Posts

FPS with sewer level? could be any game --' BTW, you shouldn't have traded your PS3. the PS3 and the Wii are really different platforms. how are you gonna play MGS4, FFXIII, MG rising, etc? unless you had no choice (or you'll end up getting your PS3 back).BrunoBRS

TC already said they have a 360 with most of the good multiplats. IMO you have a larger game selection with the Wii60 combo rather than the 360/PS3 combo.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]FPS with sewer level? could be any game --' BTW, you shouldn't have traded your PS3. the PS3 and the Wii are really different platforms. how are you gonna play MGS4, FFXIII, MG rising, etc? unless you had no choice (or you'll end up getting your PS3 back).Blue-N-Yellow

TC already said they have a 360 with most of the good multiplats. IMO you have a larger game selection with the Wii60 combo rather than the 360/PS3 combo.

best combo would be PS3 + wii (my case :P). that way you can enjoy MGS4 (and some other exclusives), all the awesome games for 360/PS3 (with the exception of very few exclusives, the 360 library is the same as the PS3's) and the wii games. he should've traded the 360 instead :P
Avatar image for Arbiterisl33t69
Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Arbiterisl33t69
Member since 2009 • 2542 Posts

Honestly that was a good move, a lot of the ps3's games are so generic and the same its like you're buying the same games over and over again, buts in not as bad as the 360. The wii has lots of variety though.

Dycras
That's funny
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#33 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

two things......One:why would would you downgrade? Its like selling your dvd player for a vcr.....Two: your talking about medal of honor heroes 2.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#34 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]FPS with sewer level? could be any game --' BTW, you shouldn't have traded your PS3. the PS3 and the Wii are really different platforms. how are you gonna play MGS4, FFXIII, MG rising, etc? unless you had no choice (or you'll end up getting your PS3 back).Blue-N-Yellow

thats debateable, I prefer my PS3 over my 360, but really your getting off topic.

quizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 quizee
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

i doubt this story is true but if it is..... lol

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamenerd15

You made a foolish mistake. I am not going to start system wars and say which system has whatever games, but you had a system which people whine and cry because it is too "expensive." It has good games for it. The Wii is the cheapest set out there. It's 250, you could have easily saved up for a new Wii. You could have had the triple combo. Having all the systems is great, you don't miss out on jack. Is it excessive, sure. You made a bad choice and got ripped off because you don't even get half back on trading in systems. You should have kept the PS3 and bought the other system.

People need to stop bad mouthing the black box. The PS3 has more than multiplats

How does thePS3feel like you are buying the same games over again.

Ratchet, Uncharted, Hot Shots Golf, Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Ridge Racer 7, Motorstorm, and Folklore all felt pretty different to me,

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS

You made a foolish mistake. I am not going to start system wars and say which system has whatever games, but you had a system which people whine and cry because it is too "expensive." It has good games for it. The Wii is the cheapest set out there. It's 250, you could have easily saved up for a new Wii. You could have had the triple combo. Having all the systems is great, you don't miss out on jack. Is it excessive, sure. You made a bad choice and got ripped off because you don't even get half back on trading in systems. You should have kept the PS3 and bought the other system.

People need to stop bad mouthing the black box. The PS3 has more than multiplats

How does thePS3feel like you are buying the same games over again.

Ratchet, Uncharted, Hot Shots Golf, Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Ridge Racer 7, Motorstorm, and Folklore all felt pretty different to me,

gamenerd15
you just forgot that MGS4 alone is (almost) worth a PS3 by itself :P
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Good move there. I don't see why anyone would want a PS3 myself, but that's just me...
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 intro94

two things......One:why would would you downgrade? Its like selling your dvd player for a vcr.....Two: your talking about medal of honor heroes 2.

TheAcejoel99
because it simply is wrong. PS3 is not an upgraded wii. They are different consoles with different capabilities.If ps3 could do all the wii does, and better you would make sense,sadly,you sounded like the typical technical fanboy.
Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arbiterisl33t69
Good move there. I don't see why anyone would want a PS3 myself, but that's just me...GamerJM
Why nt? It's just a gaming console, why wouldn't people want it? I think it's a bad move considering he traded one of the most expensive and highest selling consoles for a less expensive one, hell I would trade my wii in for a PS3 but I'm waiting for some games
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
Owning a PS3 seems almost pointless when you already own an XBox 360 especially since FFXIII is multi-plat for your sake, I'd say you made a good move. Wii360 is the best way to go.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="GamerJM"]Good move there. I don't see why anyone would want a PS3 myself, but that's just me...Arbiterisl33t69
Why nt? It's just a gaming console, why wouldn't people want it? I think it's a bad move considering he traded one of the most expensive and highest selling consoles for a less expensive one, hell I would trade my wii in for a PS3 but I'm waiting for some games

except for calling the PS3 "highest selling console" (activision is even considering dropping GH out of it) and wanting to trade the PS3 for a wii (unless you have money to buy ANOTHER wii :P), i agree with you.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Now that's thinkin' with yer Dipstick, Jimmy!!!

mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts

I say good move, bud considering you already had a 360. That's how it should be anyways. Wii + PS3 or Wii + 360.

Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Arbiterisl33t69
[QUOTE="Arbiterisl33t69"][QUOTE="GamerJM"]Good move there. I don't see why anyone would want a PS3 myself, but that's just me...BrunoBRS

except for calling the PS3 "highest selling console" (activision is even considering dropping GH out of it) and wanting to trade the PS3 for a wii (unless you have money to buy ANOTHER wii :P), i agree with you.

I really meant current gen consoles but I didn't know what to write so I put "one of the highest selling consoles" instead, I haven't slept in 20 hours :S
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Arbiterisl33t69"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Arbiterisl33t69"] Why nt? It's just a gaming console, why wouldn't people want it? I think it's a bad move considering he traded one of the most expensive and highest selling consoles for a less expensive one, hell I would trade my wii in for a PS3 but I'm waiting for some games

I really meant current gen consoles but I didn't know what to write so I put "one of the highest selling consoles" instead, I haven't slept in 20 hours :S

lol, what have you been doing in the past 20 hours instead of sleeping :P
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamenerd15

once again bad move. People saying it is a good move obviously haven't played on the system or they don't know what is out for it. The PS3 is not the exact same as 360. Since you did it anyway, whatever.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

You should have bought a Wii and kept the PS3

Arbiterisl33t69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Arbiterisl33t69
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Arbiterisl33t69"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] except for calling the PS3 "highest selling console" (activision is even considering dropping GH out of it) and wanting to trade the PS3 for a wii (unless you have money to buy ANOTHER wii :P), i agree with you.

play fallout 3, halo 3, madworld, tv, chatting online, and yeah I really meant current gen consoles but I didn't know what to write so I put "one of the highest selling consoles" instead, I haven't slept in 20 hours :S

lol, what have you been doing in the past 20 hours instead of sleeping :P

ffxfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ffxfanforever

i doubt this story is true but if it is..... lol

quizee
your the one laughing out loud but i havent even been on these forums because ive been having more fun playing Mario kart wii online than i ever did with my PS3. its not downgrading, its upgrading. I dont care about graphics, nothing comes close to the fun factor of the wii. not the best online community doesnt matter I have friends in real life to play with me.