I just purchased a Nintendo Wii U...and..I need an adult! I NEED AN ADULT!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
Hi! Just as the title says, I recently bought a Wii U, and for starters I'm really impressed with the console. With that, has come some disappointment, though. I have had back surgery, and my days are mostly spent in bed. So a big attraction for me to this system was that I heard I could be playing on the Gamepad in another room (bed), while my son is playing the same game with me in our living room. So far, I've been unable to get this to work, but at the same time I don't know if I just picked the wrong games for this kind of feature. Currently, I have 3 games. - Zombie U, which doesn't seem to have co-op from what I can tell. - New Super Mario Bros. U, which just lets me help the other players on the gamepad, but doesn't let me actually do the normal platforming fun that we're all used to from Mario games on the gamepad - Epic Mickey 2, which has a map screen kind of thing on the pad, and instead has split screen on the living room TV. I'm looking for a game that lets me play co-op with my son, so that he plays on the TV, and I play on the gamepad. Was I wrong in interpreting what the gamepad can do, or have I just picked out the wrong games? Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thank you!
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TxTech1923
Member since 2013 • 662 Posts
Only certain games have support for stuff like that depending on the mode. You can do TV/gamepad split screen in nazi zombies and multiplayer in black ops 2, some modes in Nintendo land, etc. wish all games had it, but alas :(
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the feature you want is very rare...

black ops 2 has it...and some attractions in nintendoland also.

epic mickey has two player but you cant play it soley on the gamepad...so no on this one...

nsmbu...like you said can only put blocks...for 2 player you need two wiimotes and that doesnt work if your in the other room....but at least the blocks r fun no?

a new mario game is coming out in dec....maybe that will work..

also...there will be a 2player vs mode on pikmin 3...maybe you can have some fun there if it supports what you want...that game is out aug.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
about NSMBU, you can do the "normal platforming fun" with a wii remote and use the gamepad as your screen, while your son plays in the living room with his wiimote and using the TV as the screen. not ideal, i know, but it's one way to do it. also, nintendoland has some really nice cooperative and competitive multiplayer games where the gamepad player and the wiimote player play different tasks (such as archer and swordsman, for example)
ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
Thank you guys all very much! I'll hold out for more games, plus I'm pretty sure I'll be giving Black Ops 2 a try too
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

It's disappointing (and a silly overlook) that NSMB doesn't allow the gamepad to be used as a standard controller during multiplaer, but what I suggest is that if you're in bed, just set up the game pad on a stand or something you're comfortable with, and play with a Wiimote. Then your son can play on the TV with another Wiimote. 

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#7 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
The title of this thread is incredibly misleading. Lol
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Zombi U does not have co-op but it does have two player multiplayer that is pretty enjoyable from the positive reviews I've read. One person is a survior that plays with a Pro-Controller, and the other person uses the GamePad to spawn zombies.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="ThE-JoKeR"]Thank you guys all very much! I'll hold out for more games, plus I'm pretty sure I'll be giving Black Ops 2 a try tookingoflife9

the wii u is a good system but by no means next gen.  I look at it as a suped up ps3.

psshhh whatever...forza5, knack and titanfall looks like ps3/360 games only prettier... 

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="ThE-JoKeR"]Thank you guys all very much! I'll hold out for more games, plus I'm pretty sure I'll be giving Black Ops 2 a try tookingoflife9

the wii u is a good system but by no means next gen.  I look at it as a suped up ps3.

You need to learn the definition of the word "generation" then. It has nothing to do with power.
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts
return it back and get a ps4. because you won't get games for a LONG time.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="drekula2"]return it back and get a ps4. because you won't get games for a LONG time.

You're a complete idiot.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KBFloYd

return it back and get a ps4. because you won't get games for a LONG time.drekula2

yea go away troll...promoting the ps4 in every forum isnt going to help sony get back on top. the ps1 ps2 days over...ps4 has nothing going for it this gen.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

BAKA. PS3 and the Xbox 360 for that matter ARE LAST GEN SYSTEMS. Wii U IS THE ONLY CURRENT GEN SYSTEM CAUSE ITS CURRENTLY THE NEWEST SYSTEM OUT. Xbox One and PS4 are next gen but the exact second stores open their doors on launch day guess what? Xbox One and PS4 BECOME CURRENT GEN. You apes have no damn clue what Last Gen, Current Gen and Next Gen means. Next Gen means THE NEXT SYSTEM TO COME OUT THATS IT. MEANING ITS NOT OUT YET. Like Iphone 6 that will be NEXT GEN until its out. Power/Specs HAVE NOTHING AT ALL to do with what gen it is.

the wii u is a good system but by no means next gen. I look at it as a suped up ps3.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="drekula2"]return it back and get a ps4. because you won't get games for a LONG time.KBFloYd

yea go away troll...promoting the ps4 in every forum isnt going to help sony get back on top. the ps1 ps2 days over...ps4 has nothing going for it this gen.

The PS3 sold very well and is a very successful console. I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also, although I do not plan on buying a PS4, saying it has nothing going for it is simply a joke. It has everything going for it. A much weaker Wii U for only $50 less and an anti-consumer Xbox 1 for $100 more. The PS4 is in a dream scenario right now. IT sure as hell has a lot more going for it than the Wii U does. I know this is the Wii U board but there's no need for denial. Part of owning and talking about a system is knowing its place in the market.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

Zombi U does not have co-op but it does have two player multiplayer that is pretty enjoyable from the positive reviews I've read. One person is a survior that plays with a Pro-Controller, and the other person uses the GamePad to spawn zombies.

DarkGamer007
You can do that with Wiimote too. Is not cooperative but competitive, and it is great fun but It may be a little unfair if only one players gets to be the zombie master.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#18 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="drekula2"]return it back and get a ps4. because you won't get games for a LONG time.Toxic-Seahorse

The PS3 sold very well and is a very successful console. I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also, although I do not plan on buying a PS4, saying it has nothing going for it is simply a joke. It has everything going for it. A much weaker Wii U for only $50 less and an anti-consumer Xbox 1 for $100 more. The PS4 is in a dream scenario right now. IT sure as hell has a lot more going for it than the Wii U does. I know this is the Wii U board but there's no need for denial. Part of owning and talking about a system is knowing its place in the market.

This is not system wars, wrong forum!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

enrique_marrodz

in his defense, he didn't start it, and KBFloYd was acting pretty fanboyish there.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

enrique_marrodz

I figured I get a reply like this and I realize that it isn't exactly on topic, but I hate seeing people trash other consoles here, especially when it's obvious that what they're saying is wrong. Just because this is the Wii U board doesn't mean we should be blindly praising the Wii U as the best console all the time. Like I said, in order to effectively talk about the Wii U, we need to understand it's place in the market.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KBFloYd

I figured I get a reply like this and I realize that it isn't exactly on topic, but I hate seeing people trash other consoles here, especially when it's obvious that what they're saying is wrong. Just because this is the Wii U board doesn't mean we should be blindly praising the Wii U as the best console all the time. Like I said, in order to effectively talk about the Wii U, we need to understand it's place in the market. Toxic-Seahorse

366kh4.jpg

j/k :P