I got massacred for claiming SSBB will be wiimoted, but consider this:

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#51 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

This site started an year after any comment about SSBB controls was made

Wintry_Flutist

the site started when brawl was even mentiond

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="dark_templar_99"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

I started a thread pointing at the fact that the official Smash Bros. Brawl website featured a Wiimote next to "How to play". It managed to get locked, as people quickly riotted for no reason.

Now, seriously:

Against my theory, there were claims like "Duh, it's a Wii game" or "Did you expect a GC controller?!".

Consider this:

This is a hyping site. Every day or so, a new character, item or stage is revealed, to get us excited. This site started an year after any comment about SSBB controls was made, and features a "How to play" in the hyping list as well. If the game was built around and only around traditional controllers, why put a "How to play" there? We know how it plays since the original Smash Bros. Moreover, it's a "How to play" next to a Wiimote. They'll be updating it just as they're updating characters, stages, music and items. Do you expect the updates will only feature the GC and/or traditional controller while there's a damn Wiimote just next?!

Every item in the list is getting something new, why wouldn't "How to play" get something new as well?

As I view it, anyone who claims it's all just coincidence or the site webmaster's mistake (WTF?) is in serious denial. The possibility is by now just too high to be so much ignored.

mjgballin

I've always been a fan of your threads ever sence you claimed to be reggie(Which i still think you are). I agree with you. It just seems too "strange" for a wii game to not use it's main controller. You're arguments just strengthen my beliefs.

Wintry is reggie??! ZOMG!!

I always new there was something different about him. 

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
I'm gonna be ticked if I have to go buy 2 more Wiimotes and 4 more Classic Controllers than I have to. :|
GFXBayleef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GFXBayleef
Member since 2005 • 4290 Posts
As I'm sure many have said before, if they have to have the Wiimote and Nunchuck as a control scheme, give us the option to use a Classic Controller or a Gamecube controller. The thought of using motion sensing in a fast-paced game like Smash Bros seems clunky, and generally annoying. Even if only the buttons were used, how are you supposed to execute fast attacks? Maybe you'd get used to it, but I cannot picture it working well at all.
mjgballin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mjgballin
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts
[QUOTE="mjgballin"][QUOTE="dark_templar_99"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

I started a thread pointing at the fact that the official Smash Bros. Brawl website featured a Wiimote next to "How to play". It managed to get locked, as people quickly riotted for no reason.

Now, seriously:

Against my theory, there were claims like "Duh, it's a Wii game" or "Did you expect a GC controller?!".

Consider this:

This is a hyping site. Every day or so, a new character, item or stage is revealed, to get us excited. This site started an year after any comment about SSBB controls was made, and features a "How to play" in the hyping list as well. If the game was built around and only around traditional controllers, why put a "How to play" there? We know how it plays since the original Smash Bros. Moreover, it's a "How to play" next to a Wiimote. They'll be updating it just as they're updating characters, stages, music and items. Do you expect the updates will only feature the GC and/or traditional controller while there's a damn Wiimote just next?!

Every item in the list is getting something new, why wouldn't "How to play" get something new as well?

As I view it, anyone who claims it's all just coincidence or the site webmaster's mistake (WTF?) is in serious denial. The possibility is by now just too high to be so much ignored.

Duckman5

I've always been a fan of your threads ever sence you claimed to be reggie(Which i still think you are). I agree with you. It just seems too "strange" for a wii game to not use it's main controller. You're arguments just strengthen my beliefs.

Wintry is reggie??! ZOMG!!

I always new there was something different about him.

The MMO Mii idea he came up with might actually be real. Wintry, you're my idol!! 

greenneil4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 greenneil4
Member since 2005 • 2041 Posts
How about instead of getting into an argument, we just wait and see what the controls will be like when the game comes out?
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

How about instead of getting into an argument, we just wait and see what the controls will be like when the game comes out?greenneil4

No that's crazy talk! Lol, your post count is 2007. 

Demon-Draco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Demon-Draco
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts
[QUOTE="Leopold_Stotch"][QUOTE="helium_flash"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Anything that doesn't at least support Wii controls should just be released as a Gamecube game. There would be no point in its existence on Wii otherwise.tomarlyn

Exactly.

they could force everyone to use the classic controller which was made to be used with the wii and then your reasoning is null

Except the fact the Classic and Gamecube controllers are not standard with the system and not everyone will have them. Not to mention forcing people to use them as the only option would be incredibly stupid for their integrity and sales.

Bundle SSBB with a GC controller. 

MegaManX9101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 MegaManX9101
Member since 2006 • 663 Posts
Oh for crying out loud... They announced that SSBB would not use the wii-mote's motion sensing stuff, not the whole thing.  I'm sure they will have options to use either a wiimote-nunchaku combination or GC controller... They would be killing themselves if everyone had to get a GC controller...
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

We know how it plays since the original Smash Bros.

BET8390

Well thats not totally true...We did have some R-tarded updates like "Basic Rules" and Character updates of Mario and Link who have been in the past two gamees so not everything is new. I do Agree though that there has to be some Wiimote configuration although as a Smash veteran I'm not too Sure the wiimote tilted sideways can work

They will obviously talk about 'veteran' stuff, but new things are being added as well. Except in "How to play" - so far.

The Wiimote is only sideways to fit in the menu.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Now, seriously:

Consider this:

dark_templar_99

I've always been a fan of your threads ever sence you claimed to be reggie(Which i still think you are).  I agree with you.  It just seems too "strange" for a wii game to not use it's main controller.  You're arguments just strengthen my beliefs.

Don't lose your faith.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Wintry_Flutist

[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

This site started an year after any comment about SSBB controls was made

merch

the site started when brawl was even mentiond

Yes, but I'm talking about the redesigned site, once the countdown ended.

Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts

Now, seriously:

Consider this:

Wintry_Flutist

Agreed.  I think it's prudent to note that it isn't just a wiimote.  It's a sideways wiimote.  I predict that the game will use the wiimote ala Super Paper Mario and the VC.  That makes the game the most accessible.  I don't know if y'all realized this, but you CAN'T EVEN BUY gamecube controllers anymore.  Target, for example, no longer recieves any from Nintendo.  They're gone.  Given this, I highly doubt the GCN controller will even be an option in Brawl.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Now, seriously:

Consider this:

ClandestineZero

Agreed.  I think it's prudent to note that it isn't just a wiimote.  It's a sideways wiimote.  I predict that the game will use the wiimote ala Super Paper Mario and the VC.  That makes the game the most accessible.  I don't know if y'all realized this, but you CAN'T EVEN BUY gamecube controllers anymore.  Target, for example, no longer recieves any from Nintendo.  They're gone.  Given this, I highly doubt the GCN controller will even be an option in Brawl.

The sideways Wiimote could be just to fit the menu. Using the D-Pad only sounds tricky. Knowing Nintendo, it could happen, but I'm not counting on it.

Demon-Draco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Demon-Draco
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts
A sidelong controller scheme, if Nintendo had kept the motion sensing funtion, might've been viable, but I'm with WF on it just being sideways to fit in.
Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts
[QUOTE="ClandestineZero"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Now, seriously:

Consider this:

Wintry_Flutist

Agreed. I think it's prudent to note that it isn't just a wiimote. It's a sideways wiimote. I predict that the game will use the wiimote ala Super Paper Mario and the VC. That makes the game the most accessible. I don't know if y'all realized this, but you CAN'T EVEN BUY gamecube controllers anymore. Target, for example, no longer recieves any from Nintendo. They're gone. Given this, I highly doubt the GCN controller will even be an option in Brawl.

The sideways Wiimote could be just to fit the menu. Using the D-Pad only sounds tricky. Knowing Nintendo, it could happen, but I'm not counting on it.

Alas, I must disagree, for those icons are exactly 32x32 pixels in size.  As a rectangle within a square, the wiimote could have been rendered sideways or up-down.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Wintry_Flutist

A sidelong controller scheme, if Nintendo had kept the motion sensing funtion, might've been viable, but I'm with WF on it just being sideways to fit in.Demon-Draco

You could make a simple Smash Bros. scheme for the Wiimote only like:

D-Pad: move, jump

1: special attack

2: attack

B: grab/drop items and characters, throw items

A: defense

Motion: Smash attacks, throw items/characters

Extra possibility: pointing (SPM fashion) to guide some special attacks, like Yoshi's eggs, Pit's light arrows, Samus' missiles, etc...

The only flaw I see in it is the use of D-Pad. Doesn't sound confortable.

Dopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dopek
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

Come on, what's wrong with you people?

Don't you realize how much ssbb would suck using the wiimote? I can't understand why you would even want to play this game with the remote. You keep using arguments like "without wiimote it's not a wii-game!" , well isn't the wiimote all about it's motion sensing?, yet none of your self-made control schemes included much motion sensing (possibly for selecting stuff in the menus), don't you realize that using the wiimote without it's motion sensing is more like not using a wiimote at all?

What's the point of restricting ourselves to a splitted controller with less/harder to reach buttons  just so that you proudly can say that your'e playing the game with a wiimote. IMO the wiimote is about improving your gaming experience and making it more realistic, so even if this game was using the wiimotes motion sensing it would still suck, beacause quickly jabbing/shaking my wiimote to do an attack that isn't even close to resembling any of my real life movement isn't very revolutionizing, it isn't very realistic and it isn't improving my gaming experience at all.

I'm all for the gc controller, we all know that it works incredibally well.

sorry for my bad english/bad spelling.