greenfish123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 greenfish123
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

After browsing all 3 main fish ( Nintendo, Xbox, and Play-station ) I finally decided. My question of the day is : do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do next? I can't decide on my own. There's too many new games and Mario is just too generic.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Play Golf Story. Trust me.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

What kinds of games do you like to play? Some of my personal favorites on Switch are Bayonetta, Smash Bros Ultimate, and ARMS, but I can give better recommendations if I know what you are into.

greenfish123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 greenfish123

@judaspete:

Turok Evolution on Game Cube, Metroid stuff, Killer Instinct Snes version, and Easy RPG's like Pokemon ( Let's be honest, Chrono Trigger is cute but it qualified as lots of equipping back in the day vs Pokemon Red/Blue LOL ). Donkey Kong Country trilogy is lit as well and it entertains me ... but that's about it. Not really good at describing myself ( yet ) .

greenfish123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By greenfish123
@girlusocrazy said:

Like... to increase your loyalty? Some gift baskets might be nice.

@greenfish

@girlusocrazy said:

@greenfish123: do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do next?

Like... to increase your loyalty? Some gift baskets might be nice.

If you mean with your Switch, play Dark Souls. And then beg From and Nintendo for more Souls games on Switch.

Nah. Too much of a hassle to find Nintendo's Chief just to deliver a 30 dollar basket with wine and chocolates. I will try typing better next time.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

@greenfish123 said:

My question of the day is : do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do next?

Stop being loyal to a company. It's dumb as hell.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@greenfish123: Well then I'd say check out Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Great for all the same reasons as the old games.

Turok 2 is on the E-Shop, and most people consider that the best game in the series.

Metroid Dread comes out in a month and looks promising.

There are already more Pokemon games on Switch that any reasonable person could possibly need. I guess check out one of those. Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are sort of remakes of the original games, shining Diamond and Brilliant Pearl are remakes of some DS entries, and Sword and Shield are the new ones. Plus Pokemon Legends Acreus is coming next year seems to be trying something a bit different. Maybe wait for that.

Nothing quite like Killer Instinct, but there are plenty of fighting games on Switch. Smash Brothers and ARMS are probably a good place to start as they are less complex, but still lots of fun. Dragonball Fighters Z, BlazeBlue: Cross Tag Battle, or Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm would be some good intermediate choices. And if you want something with deep, complex mechanics that you can study for hours on end, check out BlazeBlue: Central Fiction.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Play Golf Story. Trust me.

Definitely agree with this.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#11 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 705 Posts

Being Loyal to Nintendo is bad because they are a corrupt company that refuses to make their electronics more powerful

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts
@Alexander2cents said:

Being Loyal to Nintendo is bad because they are a corrupt company that refuses to make their electronics more powerful

I honestly don't think you'll find many around who is buying/ playing on a Switch because it's a powerful device. Being a device that has multipurpose playability/ flexibility to most is more beneficial than 8K textures and 120FPS; which is the buyer minority.

Nintendo certain suffer many problems, they overcharge for games, have crappy online, no voice-chat. However power is not one of the factors eager investors have in the Switch or Nintendo.

Last time Nintendo invested in power was the Gamecube and it was a financial flop (I bought one but not many did, it was a niche product) then consider the success of the Wii, DS, 3DS. Why would Nintendo not back the more healthy market? The Switch is what many gamers want, sure it could be a sweeter deal but a perfect system doesn't exist; every platform has some disadvantage/and-or/ issue.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

@Alexander2cents: what an incorrect comment…..wow.

Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alexander2cents

@RSM-HQ: The gamecube also failed because their media storage can't hold enough data to play Grand Theft Auto let alone a decent JRPG from that period. People don't want to be super conservative when making video games.

Beyond graphics though. Nintendo is a straight up corrupt company. They haven't been nice in years.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Alexander2cents said:

Nintendo is a straight up corrupt company. They haven't been nice in years.

I question to which gaming manufacturer you feel is nice? Nothing wrong with enjoying games and passionate developers but I think your notion of loyalty with a corporation is misguided. The logo of an Xbox and PlayStation are not the star eyed developers, they're the money craving shadows behind them.

Sony, nice? hell no. Microsoft, nice? probably the closest to the word with Gamepass, but still, nah. . . they both lie all the time and treat the customers like trash whenever they can. And outside of manufacturers, don't get me started on Valve (selling games that don't even work and a bunch of junk shovel ware, zero sense of quality control)

You could probably make a good case for why Nintendo is the worst among them but do not for a moment get the misconception that Sony or Microsoft are treating you with any form of reverence. The developers and talent may care, may even be nice, but they don't call the shots.

Both Microsoft and Sony ditch services at the drop of the hat (LBP servers, Mixer, etc) and not care how fans feel about it. Overcharge, add pay to win services (the recent Halo, remember Uncharted 3 multiplayer?), attempt to raise prices without notification, and fire talented studios to buyout scummy undeserving studios/ publishers. They invest in movies and television shows to try moving away from gaming only to bite them in the ass (This happened during the PS3 launch and for the XBox One launch), and consider NFTs a good future for gaming (both have shown interest in recent gaming news). .

Online subscription just to play with your friends and strangers only exists because Microsoft saw that they could. And Sony jumped on that wagon with the PS4 for easy money; meanwhile doing nothing to improve the service itself. Nothing about what I've mentioned is "nice" for your or my benefit as customers. We are a full wallet to these companies and they will try as many ways as they can to get more of your cash to the services they provide. Nothing else.

I agree with the mini disc for the Gamecube, however it was the system that had Metroid Prime, Smash Melee, two exclusive Resident Evil games, and first to have RE4 (one of the best reviewed games of all time). And still managed to flop the Gamecube. They really didn't need Grand Theft Auto, the N64 did just fine without the older GTA games. Gamecube was not a success because the product itself wasn't doing a good job bringing back people who enjoyed past Nintendo products; Super Mario Sunshine is also arguably the worst Super Mario entry of its time and that word of mouth would prove to be a final nail in the coffin.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Why show loyalty to a corporation?

Purchase what fits your needs at the moment and what you think will suit you in the future.

If you feel Nintendo is best suited for you, then go for it; however don't disregard other options simply because they are not Nintendo.

Nintendo, or any publicly traded corporation, doesn't care about you. They are beholden only to shareholders and profit.

@Litchie said:
@greenfish123 said:

My question of the day is : do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do next?

Stop being loyal to a company. It's dumb as hell.

Yup.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ
@mrbojangles25 said:

Why show loyalty to a corporation?

Exactly, support the Developers/ Creators/ Writers/ Artists/ Coders/ Creative Talent. Not the ones holding the whip.

Sure I can get behind the truth that certain games would never get off the ground floor without Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft funding the projects. Bloodborne is a great example for PlayStation, Bayonetta 2 for Nintendo. Also can agree some creatives/ developers need a little corporate control to keep on deadline, no one wants more Duke Nukem Forever/ Mother 3/ Star Citizens in the world; though in those cases I would call those initial developers lazy that had no intention on releasing within reasonable development timings. And that's why all those examples have co-developers to help get a project back on track.

Regardless they're also not the ones you should be praising, any rich company could have been the one funding, controlling any of these projects. And make no mistake, they only fund these products in hope they'll turn a profit, it's not about being "nice". It's an investment.

Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Alexander2cents

@RSM-HQ: don't be loyal to a company that gets mad when you take some of their music and upload it to YouTube, shut down projects, re-releasing "HD" ports in limited quantities, be inept to the internet, shut down fan games, and bully distributers. Don't be loyal to a corporation that is so anti-consumer.

Do you know why Steam and PC gaming are rising? Because Valve is so generous. They will let community mod their games. Gamers don't have to deal with toxic corporations.

But go ahead, buy a 20 year old game for 60 dollars. Your allegiance to a entertainment will help the world in some way.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

@Alexander2cents: it might help the world?? Each actions as an individual and your own beliefs help the world in some way.

I’ve modded some games with STEAM. I like STEAM’s EULA, and I hope to continue modding at some point.

But all I’m gathering is it’s wrong to like a company like Nintendo. Why’s that?? Yes companies aren’t exactly your friends, but at the same time, they’re not your enemy either.

And I call BS in the anti-consumer stuff. They gain money by being pro consumer. They can’t for one second afford to be anti-consumer from my POV.