I am contemplating selling my wii, please dissuade me...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]I got the wii this past christmas.  I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun.  It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games.  All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.Kakarot00769

i dont buy it , i doubt u have the wii console ..getting a wii console "this past christmas" was nearly impossible ,i dont buy your BS story ..sorry kiddo ,u wont fool this one .

It was not nearly impossible.  Walmart, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. got a stack of them at launch and all you had to do was wait in line, if you knew when to line up.

bholmes2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 bholmes2000
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Keep the wii and try to be patient. It has years ahead of it still and as more and more developers eyes light up at the sales of this console you will see a flurry of new games added next year. Eventually you will wish you still had the wii. It is so different from the xbox/PS that it will have a unique experience they can't duplicate. What my plans are is to wait on the xbox/PS war to continue. First of all its unclear which will end up the better buy at this point. Clearly the xbox is right now but don't count out the PS yet. As that war heats up and the cost of manufacturing them inevitably goes down watch for their prices to go down. Unlike the Wii those systems have lots of room to go down in price. With the wii selling like it is and the already low price tag their is little room/need to see a price drop for some time. So be patient. Keep the wii as I am sure you will end up wanting it again as more and more games are announced. Save your money and eventually you can own a wii AND a PS/Xbox for the price of buying the PS alone now once those prices drop. I guarantee a PS will just bore you soon as well. Look on the boards there and you see players complaining about the lack of games too.
Avatar image for nintendofreak92
nintendofreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 nintendofreak92
Member since 2005 • 364 Posts
I think your making a mistake and if you want to sell it now then I dont think your getting all of the features out of it like the VC games, all the fun channels, internet channel, photo channel and all that fun stuff. And if you are only intrested in Mario galaxy and metroid then wait for those. And I sugest getting Super smash brothers brawl when it comes out cause I think your friends will like that.
ranman1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 ranman1990
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
man 4 words : super smash bros. brawl  :D .. patients
FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
One word: Super Paper Mario
zilcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 zilcher
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts
If it means you won't be posting any more rubbish like this stupid post then yes sell it!!
Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jodan77
Member since 2005 • 2567 Posts
Ok here's my take on it. I have all three systems, and right now out of all 3 PS3 is collecting dust. Besides Resistance, I haven't touched it in awhile, so you may want to hold of on buying a PS3 until fall when there will be good games like Metal Gear Solid 4 & GTA 4 arrive. So it may of been a bad choice for me to get one at launch, but it'll pay off in the end.

Howver Wii seems like it has quite a few fun games right now (To name a few Zelda, Wario Ware,  Super Monkey Ball) and a few promising looking games coming soon like Mario Galaxy, new SSBB, and Metroid Prime 3. Also the virtual console rocks if you're into playing the old games. Funnest VC game I own is Gunstar heroes, especially if you have someone to play it with.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
One word: Super Paper Mario
FireEmblem24

ummm u mean 3 words....
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
[QUOTE="Kakarot00769"]

[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]I got the wii this past christmas.  I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun.  It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games.  All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.aransom

i dont buy it , i doubt u have the wii console ..getting a wii console "this past christmas" was nearly impossible ,i dont buy your BS story ..sorry kiddo ,u wont fool this one .

It was not nearly impossible.  Walmart, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. got a stack of them at launch and all you had to do was wait in line, if you knew when to line up.

I got mine by showing up at my local Wal Mart at 5:50AM day of release... definitely wasn't impossible, and the guy with the comment above this one, 1,000$ may be a bit exaggerated, the mistake of paying that much for a PS3 maybe

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts
Don't sell it.

If you do you will regret it later on when the big games are out and you'll have to buy it all over again.
rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
I bought two Wiis.  That's how much I love it!

Then I sold the other one and made a $100 profit.  Low supply, high demand rocks!
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I got the wii this past christmas.  I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun.  It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games.  All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.Dr_DudeMan

if its a gift don't sell it. you'd be a bad person.

anyway, its a launched system!  of course the library is thin. just wait, go ahead and don't play it for alittle bit. is it better to have it sit there a while and keep it or sell it, spend the $$$$ on nothing important and then when the great games come out this fall than you'll have to buy it again and be red faced!:evil:

Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

I got the wii this past christmas.  I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun.  It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games.  All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.Dr_DudeMan

Wow, its like free money.  Its a Christmas gift, so selling it is tacky, but I don't think anyone here really cares, its not like we're gonna miss you during our weekly Online tourney's-oh wait there are no Online games yet- forget what I said.