I am contemplating selling my wii, please dissuade me...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
I got the wii this past christmas.  I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun.  It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games.  All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
If I gave you a games console as a gift for xmas and you wanted to get rid of it in just 3 months I'd slap you :D
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts
uh get SSX blur that game rox, i play it all the time its one of the best Wii games out atm IMHO, and MOH:V is coming out soon as well.
Firedesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Firedesu
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Get friends to play it with and mod it
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I don't blame you for feeling that way, but I would still keep it for future games that you won't want to pass up.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts
Sell the Wii now? Wow... Shouldn't you like... wait for the games to arrive first?
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dr_DudeMan
Sell the Wii now? Wow... Shouldn't you like... wait for the games to arrive first?Litchie
What games? All that interests me are mario galaxy and metroid.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dr_DudeMan
Get friends to play it with and mod itFiredesu
My friends just want to play the 360 now, whereas before they only wanted to play the wii. The fad has worn off for them.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dr_DudeMan
If I gave you a games console as a gift for xmas and you wanted to get rid of it in just 3 months I'd slap you :Dtomarlyn
Yeah I feel a little guilty, but im a college kid so I think my ma will understand, she knows how i am about games/consoles at this point.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]If I gave you a games console as a gift for xmas and you wanted to get rid of it in just 3 months I'd slap you :DDr_DudeMan
Yeah I feel a little guilty, but im a college kid so I think my ma will understand, she knows how i am about games/consoles at this point.

Jeez, surprisingly the whole guilt thing is eatting at me now, I may just keep it since it was a gift.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
Sell it if you can't appreciate it. The Wii is only the hottest console right now and people line up to pick one up. It'll find a good home with someone who actually appreciates it. I can't stand kids like you who must have instant gratification. If you can't wait for the games, go get another console. All I know is that if my mom got me a Wii, I wouldn't act all spoiled cause all my "little friends" play something else and want to sell it. Man, I'm tired of these threads. No one cares.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]If I gave you a games console as a gift for xmas and you wanted to get rid of it in just 3 months I'd slap you :DDr_DudeMan

Jeez, surprisingly the whole guilt thing is eatting at me now, I may just keep it since it was a gift.

My magic stone of alkazar works yet again, soon all souls will bend to my will :o
Bayani789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bayani789
Member since 2003 • 1022 Posts
if you sell it now you are just going to buy it in the future when its exclusives come out. It will be a big mistake and you will just get some money short term but ultimately take a big loss with the repurchase long term. Use it as a coaster or something until better games come out.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dr_DudeMan
Sell it if you can't appreciate it. The Wii is only the hottest console right now and people line up to pick one up. It'll find a good home with someone who actually appreciates it. I can't stand kids like you who must have instant gratification. If you can't wait for the games, go get another console. All I know is that if my mom got me a Wii, I wouldn't act all spoiled cause all my "little friends" play something else and want to sell it. Man, I'm tired of these threads. No one cares.Zhengi
a) I am not a kid, wish I was b) I didnt want to say this because I feared being labeled a troll, but I was planning to get a ps3 with the money. Heavenly Sword and Lair look awefully tempting. Not to mention the inevitable god of war 3. I am just very angry at sony now which is why I got the wii instead of the ps3, but im kinda regrettin the decision.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dr_DudeMan
if you sell it now you are just going to buy it in the future when its exclusives come out. It will be a big mistake and you will just get some money short term but ultimately take a big loss with the repurchase long term. Use it as a coaster or something until better games come out. Bayani789
Lol I may just do that.
Avatar image for stickontheradar
stickontheradar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stickontheradar
Member since 2006 • 986 Posts
man I hate it when people get a system then sell it cause the games suck at the moment then buy it again later when the games are really good.....such a huge waste of money.....

but whatever if that's what you want to do, do it.....
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
[QUOTE="Zhengi"]Sell it if you can't appreciate it. The Wii is only the hottest console right now and people line up to pick one up. It'll find a good home with someone who actually appreciates it. I can't stand kids like you who must have instant gratification. If you can't wait for the games, go get another console. All I know is that if my mom got me a Wii, I wouldn't act all spoiled cause all my "little friends" play something else and want to sell it. Man, I'm tired of these threads. No one cares.Dr_DudeMan
a) I am not a kid, wish I was b) I didnt want to say this because I feared being labeled a troll, but I was planning to get a ps3 with the money. Heavenly Sword and Lair look awefully tempting. Not to mention the inevitable god of war 3. I am just very angry at sony now which is why I got the wii instead of the ps3, but im kinda regrettin the decision.

If you really want a PS3, then work and save up some money. If you want the money now, sell the Wii. Either way you'll still have to wait for Heavenly Sword and Lair to come out since they don't even have release dates announced yet.
shano100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shano100
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
whats IMHO, and MOH:V?
Bayani789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bayani789

in my humble opinion (or in my honest opinion)..

as for MOH:V not sure but maybe medal of honor vanguard?

IamSliM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IamSliM
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
  Sell it so someone else can appreciate it.  Even better, donate it to an afterschool group, and go study for school.  Ill go play my Wii now. Bye.
woodsa23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 woodsa23
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
Curious... selling the Wii 'because it has no games', and replacing it with a PS3 that also has no games.
joespimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 joespimpin
Member since 2006 • 817 Posts
I got the wii this past christmas. I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun. It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games. All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.Dr_DudeMan

It sounds to me like you wanted a PS3 or 360 and got a Wii, tried to make the best of it and now are at ends with the console.

I say if its not your cup of tea get a different console.  No worries, you can always rebuy a wii later if you are in to it again. 
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dr_DudeMan
Curious... selling the Wii 'because it has no games', and replacing it with a PS3 that also has no games.woodsa23
i mean no games in the future.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]I got the wii this past christmas. I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun. It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games. All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.joespimpin

It sounds to me like you wanted a PS3 or 360 and got a Wii, tried to make the best of it and now are at ends with the console.

I say if its not your cup of tea get a different console. No worries, you can always rebuy a wii later if you are in to it again.

Not so much...I have a 360 and had the 360 before I got the wii. Me and my buddy played it, loved it, camped for it, and now we are both regretting it. lol.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dr_DudeMan
What I will probably end up doing is selling my psp and all the crap I have for it for 250, trading in my last gen games and some 360 games (100ish) and coughing up the difference.  Then I will just have all 3.
Bayani789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bayani789

smart move... better to enjoy all 3

selkie65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 selkie65
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
You want to sell your Wii, but you want us to tell you to keep it? Just keep me out of this one
Moses821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Moses821
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Super Paper Mario
shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shearMario
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts

I also have the same problem and only own Zelda and Wii sports but like with any console it takes a year or so to start getting the good titles consistantly not only that developers have got to get use to making games with the controller so most games coming out are only just scratching the surface of what is capable with the Wiimote. I think i will pick up MoH and paper mario within the two months or so.

If you feel the Wii games arn't good and ain't getting any better in the future (espically if you don't like any of these: Resident Evil, Metroid, Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Battellion Wars, Pikmin, Smash Brothers, No More Heroes, speilberg EA game) buy the PS3. Just remember that right now the PS3 has no games either and I would rather wait for a price drop on the console than buy it now. Especially considering the games you mentioned probably won't be available for some time yet.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Sell it if you can't appreciate it. The Wii is only the hottest console right now and people line up to pick one up. It'll find a good home with someone who actually appreciates it. I can't stand kids like you who must have instant gratification. If you can't wait for the games, go get another console. All I know is that if my mom got me a Wii, I wouldn't act all spoiled cause all my "little friends" play something else and want to sell it. Man, I'm tired of these threads. No one cares.Zhengi

Agreed.

You have no idea what I had to go through to try to get one.  It took me 3 months.  I have a 360 as well, but I only play a handful of games on that.  I'm being patient with my Wii because so much stuff is going to come out, ie. No More Heroes (I noticed that wasn't on your list).

Be patient.  But a gift from my parents?  I'd keep it just cause.  And if you're older you would understand that.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't easy for them to get one.

If you're in college, get a job like everybody else, and save up to get the other systems.  Thats what I do and I'm sure a ton of others on this board do as well.

magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
SELL  IT, BUY A PS3, MORE GAMES, MORE GAMES COMING, A BETTER LIFE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
JUST KIDDING BUT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT SELL IT, ARE YOU BUYING ANY vc GAMES?
rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
I don't necessarily understand WHY you want to sell a console that offers an experience the other two doesn't have.  The Playstation 3 is an impulse buy, and buying it just for a chance to get games like Lair and Heavenly Sword only because they look good in the screenshots just tells me you're a sellout.  Appreciate what you have now, and if I were you, I would at least have a next-gen system with the Wii rather than have two next-gen system that are nearly identical.  Be a PSWii or a Wii60 guy at the least.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I got the wii this past christmas.  I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun.  It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games.  All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.Dr_DudeMan
Unless you are really into the virtual console (which, if you were, imagine more likely than not, you would have already discovered it by now and therefore, be less likely to be asking this question), from general sounds of your message, I suggest that you consider selling it.

My reasoning? Check on the second part of this message.

Instant gratification? No - in the mind of many gamers, its about having more constant flow in games being released, along with variety being there and therefore, hints reason why NES, SNES, PSOne and PS2 were number 1 gaming machines of their perspective generations. 

What is wrong with that? I mean, even Nintendo fans have to admit that main reason Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube were considered to be lackluster in previous success of the company is due to the fact they lacked in quantity and variety in their gaming selections in comparison to the competition.

Also, when complaints have legit and constructive reasoning, which, I find this message has, what is wrong with having criticism? If people were not critical, ideas improvement and progression would not happen.

Edit: Besides, why should this person wait? If there is gaming machine that offers better alternative for the person's interest, there is little to no reason to wait. I mean, why wait, when, if and when the "waiting" is over with, he/she could "always" (well, you know what I mean) buy another Wii later on, if and when that happens.

Zimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Zimon
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'm also selling my Wii for a PS3. Mostly because I don't feel like there are many games coming out for the Wii that I want. Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy: CC, Trauma Center (still not out in EU)...and there you have it.
I know, the PS3 doesn't have a good game library out either. But atleast I have more games to look forward to on that console. I'm not gonna list them because I'll probably get flamed but know this: IMO Wii is great for party-games. It's great if you're not a hardcore gamer and it's the best choice if you don't have a lot of cash. But I don't get the next-gen feeling when I'm playing Wii. The Wiimote was fun a few months but now I'm getting bored with it. I know, better games will come out in the future, and maybe I'll buy a Wii then. And maybe the Wii will have dropped in price by then too so I won't lose so much money on the deal anyway. :)

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts

I'm also selling my Wii for a PS3. Mostly because I don't feel like there are many games coming out for the Wii that I want. Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy: CC, Trauma Center (still not out in EU)...and there you have it.
I know, the PS3 doesn't have a good game library out either. But atleast I have more games to look forward to on that console. Zimon

...Why? You're still better off with a Wii, at least you've got games coming out this year. None of the flagship PS3 games don't even come out until next year, and before you're impulsed to purchase one, you might want to make sure the games you want aren't going to be on the 360 either.

Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

[QUOTE="Zhengi"]Sell it if you can't appreciate it. The Wii is only the hottest console right now and people line up to pick one up. It'll find a good home with someone who actually appreciates it. I can't stand kids like you who must have instant gratification. If you can't wait for the games, go get another console. All I know is that if my mom got me a Wii, I wouldn't act all spoiled cause all my "little friends" play something else and want to sell it. Man, I'm tired of these threads. No one cares.Dr_DudeMan

Wow I'm sorry man but if you can wait for God of War III, but not a month for Super Paper Mario, then less than 2 more for Mario Party 8 and Metroid Prime 3, you are a sad sad individual  (Not slamming God of War, because I love the series myself, but you'll be waiting a while my friend) have you gotten Warioware, Rayman, Madden, WiiPlay, or Zelda? Along with a few VC titles you should be kept busy for a while, if not, play some GC games on it, it can be used for that as well, with no shame even! I've been sucked back into Mario Baseball trying to beat challenge mode with everyone for the past month or so now.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Why do we have to convince you to keep your Wii ? :| I mean, if you want to sell it, well fine, just do it...
cleary666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cleary666
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts

Although the wii games are a little bit dry atm, with the exception of Zelda, keep hold of your wii...

there are plenty of upcoming titles that im sure you would be dissapointed to lose out on if you sold your wii

Flamepheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Flamepheonix
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
My opinion if you dont like the wii sell it, I mean I know tons of people who are still trying to find one so it shouldnt be too hard. I mean not everyone is going to like the wii just like not everyone will like the PS3/360 so just go with the one you think you'll like the most
Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts

I got the wii this past christmas.  I loved it, had a blast, but now it doesnt seem like much fun.  It is collecting dust, and is rarely played, when I do play its usually gc games.  All of this is causing me to consider selling the wii, please give me some good reasons to keep my wii.Dr_DudeMan

Is anyone else getting really sick of all these fake, poser "gamers" who judge a systems worth after only a couple months?  How many times do we have to listen to people whining about their console, which they JUST got a couple months ago "collecting dust".  Consoles have a 5-6 year lifespan and people are giving up after two. 

I say just get rid of the Wii and stay away from consoles altogether.  Good ridance.

angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts

That really makes no sense. Your selling Wii because the games you want aren't out but your buying a PS3 for games that also haven't come out. Am I reading your post correctly?
shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shearMario
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts

[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"][QUOTE="Zhengi"]Sell it if you can't appreciate it. The Wii is only the hottest console right now and people line up to pick one up. It'll find a good home with someone who actually appreciates it. I can't stand kids like you who must have instant gratification. If you can't wait for the games, go get another console. All I know is that if my mom got me a Wii, I wouldn't act all spoiled cause all my "little friends" play something else and want to sell it. Man, I'm tired of these threads. No one cares.angelfly

That really makes no sense. Your selling Wii because the games you want aren't out but your buying a PS3 for games that also haven't come out. Am I reading your post correctly?

Not only that Prime 3 and Galaxy are out this year the games he has mentioned for the PS3 will not be out for quite some time by then he can get a PS3 at a lower price.

Avatar image for Breakfast_Clubber
Breakfast_Clubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Breakfast_Clubber
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
rentals, future games, gamecube classics. i totally felt the same way, but then i discovered those things.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
You're giving up too quickly, but if you want sell it, there someone out there that would love to have it.
littlewiz77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 littlewiz77
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts

get a few Wii points cards.

Crucifix_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Crucifix_Angel
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
I would wait for some new games to come out. Buy some VC games in the mean time.
greenneil4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 greenneil4
Member since 2005 • 2041 Posts

you should be looking towards ssbb and smg

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"]Sell the Wii now? Wow... Shouldn't you like... wait for the games to arrive first?Dr_DudeMan
What games? All that interests me are mario galaxy and metroid.

Then shouldn't you hang on to your Wii at least until Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 come out?  If you care about those games why do you want to not be able to play them?

Kakarot00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kakarot00769
Member since 2004 • 9306 Posts

i dont buy it , i doubt u have the wii console ..getting a wii console "this past christmas" was nearly impossible ,i dont buy your BS story ..sorry kiddo ,u wont fool this one .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 092093
Member since 2006 • 1696 Posts
If I gave you a games console as a gift for xmas and you wanted to get rid of it in just 3 months I'd slap you :Dtomarlyn
yea really whoever bought that for u prolly did it on eBay for a $1000,and now ur just gonna sell it...WOW