• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Jonny_ramone
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
what do u people think about a sequal to golden sun II they left it open for one so what now?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
they left open? i didnt finish the second game, didnt like it. now if they made another story years after/before the original stories, it would be great... and with the original soundtrack, the second game soundtrack was much worst than the first one... a remake of the first game with sidequests wouldnt be bad too
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
They really did leave a whole story open with the end. Camelot should make one as soon as they can.
realistgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 realistgamer
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts
i would love to play the golden sun series they look awesome.
Moogleman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Moogleman23
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
I would love to play a new Golden Sun game. They leave their games open all the time. I certainly hope they are working on it.
Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts
Golden Sun 3 would be great on the DS, especially since they'd probably give it some wi-fi features.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrunoBRS
online battle mode! and the weapons and armors u use could change the way u look, since theres lots of different combinations. i know camelot can do it.
Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jonny_ramone

they left open? i didnt finish the second game, didnt like it. now if they made another story years after/before the original stories, it would be great... and with the original soundtrack, the second game soundtrack was much worst than the first one... a remake of the first game with sidequests wouldnt be bad tooBrunoBRS

yeah they left it wide open what didnt u like about it?

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

Golden Sun 3 would be great on the DS, especially since they'd probably give it some wi-fi features.Ellimist314

not to mention the kinds of psynergy they could come up with that would involve use of the stylus!

KenpachiSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 KenpachiSama
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts
There will be no such thing. The 2nd one ended the series, and there has already been hoaxes going around about a DS version. Not going to happen.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

There will be no such thing. The 2nd one ended the series, and there has already been hoaxes going around about a DS version. Not going to happen.KenpachiSama

what a buzzkill :P

it never hurts to hope. :D

SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

There will be no such thing. The 2nd one ended the series, and there has already been hoaxes going around about a DS version. Not going to happen.KenpachiSama

They could easily do one about events before the first Golden Sun ;)

Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jonny_ramone

Qustion have u even beaten the second one and if u have did u watch wat happened to alex at the end... plus that hoax was to get attention for the game so camelot would c that people really were interested in the game

Avatar image for _great_waddles_
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _great_waddles_
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts

They left a huge portion of the game open; after lighting the Elemental Beacons. I sequel wouldnt be off tone.

Neither would a prequel, since thats fairly loose water...

If you say they couldnt make a Third one, please, go back and beat the game, and watch the ending. I believe, after the credits, the scene with Alex andThe Wise One (or whatever, I havent played the game in a while) could easily branch off into another game. They could easily make a sequel.

Tungsten88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 Tungsten88
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts
Golden Sun needs to be on the DS three months ago.
Detlev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Detlev
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts

Some things left open:

Sheba never found out where she came from (she's the youngest main character in the game, so she could easily lead GS3).

There's a giant crater that apparantly is where a city rose into the sky (probably where Sheba is from). A sequal could be a quest to get to this city.

There's a baby jupiter adept in one of the towns (He could be Sheba's young sidekick).

Alex has super powers and is probably now mutated (he could be the main adversary).

Supposedly everyone can use psynergy now (that would make things chaotic).

As far as a prequal is concerned, we could play through the events that caused the lighthouses to be built (Supposedly it was done to stop some powerful guy from conquering the planet). Supposedly the planet was much larger at the time and could make for an epic setting.

Ithink82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ithink82
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

Even though there is openings in the story don't you think that they would have made or at least announced it by now. It has been 2-3 years since golden sun 2 has come out.

Edit i went and looked and it has been 4 years

Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jonny_ramone
maybe there just writing a awesome story to go with it:P
h_graves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 h_graves
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts

There are enough unsolved plots for making a sequel, for example:

-Why Alex has a lot of knowledge about the golden sun (the enegy)

-Where he learn the teleportation and the levitation

-Now that the beacons are light, new land will appear?

KenpachiSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 KenpachiSama
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts

[QUOTE="KenpachiSama"]There will be no such thing. The 2nd one ended the series, and there has already been hoaxes going around about a DS version. Not going to happen.Jonny_ramone

Qustion have u even beaten the second one and if u have did u watch wat happened to alex at the end... plus that hoax was to get attention for the game so camelot would c that people really were interested in the game

Yes. Played them both and THOROUGHLY enjoyed them, but there's a time and place for a sequel and Golden Sun just doesn't need one. Does it ever occur to your that "holes" are just meant to be at the end of stories? They are supposed to make you think. Use your own imagination and creativity to come up with ideas as to what could have happened. It was one of my favorite parts of the ending.

I feel that if they truly make another game it would just be a disappointment, because it would not be able to match up to its predecessor. The hoax was to get attention, of course, but that doesn't mean it's going to do something. That's like everyone going crazy over the Wii's lack-of-mic capabilities, but making fake ones and getting people pumped for nothing is not going to solve the problem. Let Golden Sun be the classic that it was, and lets move on to other things.

DigitalDevil27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DigitalDevil27
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
origanal there where to be 3 golden sun games on the gba bot the 3rd one got cannceled. though it would be great to see golden sun 3 on the ds
Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jonny_ramone
[QUOTE="Jonny_ramone"]

[QUOTE="KenpachiSama"]There will be no such thing. The 2nd one ended the series, and there has already been hoaxes going around about a DS version. Not going to happen.KenpachiSama

Yes. Played them both and THOROUGHLY enjoyed them, but there's a time and place for a sequel and Golden Sun just doesn't need one. Does it ever occur to your that "holes" are just meant to be at the end of stories? They are supposed to make you think. Use your own imagination and creativity to come up with ideas as to what could have happened. It was one of my favorite parts of the ending.

I feel that if they truly make another game it would just be a disappointment, because it would not be able to match up to its predecessor. The hoax was to get attention, of course, but that doesn't mean it's going to do something. That's like everyone going crazy over the Wii's lack-of-mic capabilities, but making fake ones and getting people pumped for nothing is not going to solve the problem. Let Golden Sun be the classic that it was, and lets move on to other things.

ok if u dont want to have another good game thats fine with me im just saying it would be great to have another good rpg come out and why would you like the ending with no answers to what happende to alex thats one of the main reasons i want another game for answers to the main qustion everyone is wondering

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

They really did leave a whole story open with the end. Camelot should make one as soon as they can.nintendofreak_2

Too bad they keep making appaling sports games! :cry:

Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jonny_ramone
indeed
outcasted1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 outcasted1
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
can any1 sum up what happns at the end of GS2 lol...cz when i got to the final fight, but it was just too hard, and sadly ... i lost my game pak lol!!! I was so depressed... So what happens? Like everythinggg. What hapns to the big eye dude, and who does the dragon turn out to be ?
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendofreak_2

AnFangs_Endes
I know. I find that a disgusting waste of talent.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AnFangs_Endes
[QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

nintendofreak_2

I know. I find that a disgusting waste of talent.

If only they would continue making RPG's instead of those cheesy sports games; I would be one of their blind followers.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendofreak_2

If only they would continue making RPG's instead of those cheesy sports games; I would be one of their blind followers.

AnFangs_Endes
Any gamer would be.
wanderingblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wanderingblade
Member since 2005 • 353 Posts
I wish thay would make another.
Georgemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Georgemen
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts

AnFangs_Endes

Don't know what the hell are you talking about. Camelot hasn't released a game for 2 whole years. So no. They don't keep making sports games. They made sports games just like they made Golden Sun. As for all these Mario Baseball, Basketball and etc. they are not being made by Camelot. In any case, the first Golden Sun was good, but I was disappointed by the second one which was just more of the same and made no true improvement to the game. It didn't squash any of the problems that the original had (lack of a dungeon map, a lot of walking around the overworld, innumerable random encounters, cheesy dialogue [the infamous yes or no situations comes to mind], a lot of messing around with the djinns to find a good class combination, etc.) So if we ever see a second sequel for Golden Sun, I would definitely like for those problems to be squashed. Otherwise, it will be disappointing. But, who knows, maybe they are taking their sweet time to make sure thay deliver us an amazing experience. Maybe, I said.

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
I've only played the first game, and didn't get very far. I did enjoy it, though, so a sequel would be a reason to buy the first 2.
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AnFangs_Endes
[QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

Georgemen

Don't know what the hell are you talking about. Camelot hasn't released a game for 2 whole years. So no. They don't keep making sports games. They made sports games just like they made Golden Sun. As for all these Mario Baseball, Basketball and etc. they are not being made by Camelot. In any case, the first Golden Sun was good, but I was disappointed by the second one which was just more of the same and made no true improvement to the game. It didn't squash any of the problems that the original had (lack of a dungeon map, a lot of walking around the overworld, innumerable random encounters, cheesy dialogue [the infamous yes or no situations comes to mind], a lot of messing around with the djinns to find a good class combination, etc.) So if we ever see a second sequel for Golden Sun, I would definitely like for those problems to be squashed. Otherwise, it will be disappointing. But, who knows, maybe they are taking their sweet time to make sure thay deliver us an amazing experience. Maybe, I said.

"We Love Golf" :|

Avatar image for cloud_strifeXxX
cloud_strifeXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cloud_strifeXxX
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
i never could beat the last boss in the second game. what happens in the ending?
Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jonny_ramone

can any1 sum up what happns at the end of GS2 lol...cz when i got to the final fight, but it was just too hard, and sadly ... i lost my game pak lol!!! I was so depressed... So what happens? Like everythinggg. What hapns to the big eye dude, and who does the dragon turn out to be ?outcasted1

so pretty much u fight the dragon and it turns out to be (im not sure if these r right havent beaten it in a while) your dad, andfelixs and jennas mom and dad. Then u find out that it was really the wise one(aka giant eye) that transformed ur parents into that so that either u fought them and lived or didnt fight them and they died. Then wait a sec why dont u just look it up on youtube lol i dont feel like explaining it. :P

lukavider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lukavider
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts
From an interview on Gameinformer.com: GI: I hate to totally break away from all the sports' games, but there's another game Camelot is known for, and that's Golden Sun. What's the status of Golden Sun, and is that series finished or is that something you'd like to bring to consoles? Hiroyuki Takahashi: First of all, I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven't gotten around to making it. We're not really sure why. (laughs) Shugo Takahashi: As Camelot, we think of ourselves as being a company that makes RPGs. In an RPG you role-play as another character. In the sports games, you're role playing as yourself. I want to let the fans know that in the center of our way of thinking the games that we're making now are close to RPGs. The looks and the concepts might be totally different but the essence of the game contains the RPG. One of the reasons that we haven't made golden sun is because there are so many fans of the game and we don't want to do something half-assed. We want to give it the time it deserves. Hiroyuki Takahashi: There are also many requests to make Shining Force III. At one stage we got a petition with many signatures to make a new Shining Force game. This was sent to Sega, Nintendo and Camelot. There are a lot of people that want us to make that game as well. We don't know what form it would take, but we want to answer the requests of the fans. GI: If you did make another Golden Sun would it appear on a portable or would you make it fully realized on a home console? Hiroyuki Takahashi: As a thought off the top of my head, if I could make something that would combine the handheld and the console – with the past and the future – if I could combine both of those that would be great. But that's just a thought. (laughs). Read the whole thing here: http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1009.1738.03309.htm?Page=1
davemaster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 davemaster42
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts
Dang I would love for Camelot to make a Golden Sun 3 I am surprised they haven't yet CAMELOT come on you know you want to:P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS
From an interview on Gameinformer.com: *giant interview here*lukavider
i guess that this is enough to prove that there will be a Golden sun 3. i didnt play the second one 'cause i missed issac and ivan, and the soundtrack wasnt as cool as the first one. thats why i want a prequel, not a sequel. and i hate sheba and jenna... and i would never realize that the wise one was evil and made ur dad and jennas parents a giant dragon... i always hated that stupid stone eyed thing...
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AnFangs_Endes

[QUOTE="lukavider"]From an interview on Gameinformer.com: *giant interview here*BrunoBRS
i guess that this is enough to prove that there will be a Golden sun 3. i didnt play the second one 'cause i missed issac and ivan, and the soundtrack wasnt as cool as the first one. thats why i want a prequel, not a sequel. and i hate sheba and jenna... and i would never realize that the wise one was evil and made ur dad and jennas parents a giant dragon... i always hated that stupid stone eyed thing...

You should know then: you get Isaac, Garet, Ivan, and Mia back about 2/3rd of the way into the game as characters you can actually use in your party. :?

ananda81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ananda81
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts

Oh, how I would love to see Golden Sun 3 ! (hey, it kinda rhymes too XD)

vvantol2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vvantol2000
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Golden Sun 2 made you want more they would proably have to spend alot of time developing the story.
gondasap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gondasap
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i dont see how any of you guys can say that golden sun 2 was not left open ended!?!

it was the most open ended game i have ever played!!!! it may as well have said "to be continued" at the end. i think the only reason it didn't say that was because camelot weren't sure they were definately going to be able to make another. but that interview seems pretty positive. i will be gutted if a third game isn't made, i've been waiting for it for a long time! also, ds touch-screen facilities would just make everything even better than it was in the last 2 games!

Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jonny_ramone

i cant wait until its anounced it just sounds so awesome

and that interview was really positive to our cause :D

Jonny_ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jonny_ramone

i cant wait until its anounced it just sounds so awesome

and that interview was really positive to our cause :D

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hyuzen
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i think they'd have to make at least 2 more games (greedy i know). but i feel that we need to know more about alex (the prequel) and in another game the anemos(?) and that crater thing. that could be a sequel or prequel i figure. but theres just so much that they can do with the game i'd almost want it on a console to have more stuff in the game.
pyro296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pyro296
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
my favorite games of all time are golden sun 2 and this http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Aq6pt58V2o
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts

I've been patiently awaiting a Golden Sun 3 since I completed the 2nd. When the DS came out I was SURE Camelot would have taken the opportunity to claim RPG mastership over thehandheld by releasing a third.

Sadly, I'm still waiting, I really think they have the ability to do great things with the DS technology. The pushed the limit with GBA graphics, so I can only imagine what they'd be able to do on the DS.

papya13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 papya13
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I was wondering about a third game in the series, but it's been so long since GS2 that a 3rd game seens unthinkable. sadly
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts
Hm. I still have to *gasp* play the first Golden Suns