GBA Games Coming To Wii U In April (launch list)

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Here's what the launch of games looks like...

April 3:

• Advance Wars(Wii U, $7.99):Command air, ground and naval forces in strategic turn-based battles to drive back the vibrant armies of several scheming generals. Order troops carefully, then watch as tanks obliterate enemies and jets go head-to-head in midair dogfights. Can you fend off an army of elite strategists? It’s your move.
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga(Wii U, $7.99): Leap and level up as Mario and Luigi simultaneously in their first role-playing adventure as a team of Bros. When an evil witch replaces Princess Peach’s voice with explosives, the Bros. must venture beyond the Mushroom Kingdom to save her. Control each bro separately or together, then team up to unleash Bros. Attacks on Fawful’s fan-favorite face.
  • Metroid Fusion(Wii U, $7.99):Your mission: Eradicate the X parasites and the mutants they infect. Power up with the Fusion Suit to annihilate your enemies in this action-packed side-scroller set on an isolated research station. Along the way, you’ll find game-changing items like the Space Jump as you lose yourself in the blissful solitude of this eerily engrossing adventure.

April 10:

• Kirby & The Amazing Mirror(Wii U, $6.99): When the going gets tough, Kirby gets cloning. Call in colorful clone reinforcements to aid Kirby in blasting, bashing and smashing his foes. With a new menace at his side, Dark Meta Knight is corrupting the sprawling, mazelike Mirror Kingdom. Join the famous pink puffball on an adventure to save the land in this classic platformer.
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!(Wii U, $6.99): Get ready for video games done Wario-style. In the game that started the WarioWare, Inc. empire, Wario has a plan to get rich quick. Skate, jump, scare and shoot your way through more than 200 frantic, rapid-fire microgames of every type, from retro classics to sports games to sci-fi shooters that anyone can pick up and play.

April 17

• Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, $4.99): Jump, swim and fly through one of the greatest and most beloved Super Mario Bros. games of all time. In this timeless NES classic, you’ll battle through over 70 baddie-infested courses and face off against the infamous Koopalings. Bowser and the Koopalings are causing chaos yet again, but this time, they’re going beyond the Mushroom Kingdom and into seven neighboring worlds. Lucky for the brothers, they have more power-ups than ever before. Fly above the action with the Super Leaf, swim faster as Frog Mario or turn into stone and drop onto enemies as Tanooki Mario. You can even choose your path on the map to reach the end of the World. There, you’ll have to pass massive Airships filled with cannons and fire traps to reach a showdown with one of the Koopalings.
  • F-Zero: Maximum Velocity(Wii U, $6.99):Get your adrenaline pumping and race plasma-powered machines till your knuckles turn white. Boost down some of the most dangerous tracks in the universe and strive for victory at all costs, even if it means ramming your opponents off the road. Revel in your accomplishments and climb the Grand Prix standings to unlock tracks and vehicles.
  • Golden Sun(Wii U, $7.99): Marvel at your own awesome power while protecting the world as it crumbles around you. Wield mighty weapons and use your mind to bend reality with magical Psynergy in the premiere installment of this epic RPG series. To aid you on your quest, seek out the omnipotent creatures known as Djinn – but beware: You must defeat them to harness their power.

April 24

• Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3(Wii U, $7.99): Yoshi is back, baby, and he’s ready to romp through a crayon-colored world where enemies are everywhere. Prepare to flutter jump and toss eggs to protect young Mario from the evil Magikoopa, Kamek. To save the day, Yoshi and his pals will have to morph into vehicles and even EAT their enemies to turn them into eggs. Umm … yum?

This is the one time where I'm ok with the pricing on most titles. To get these in cart for is about 50-100 dollars, you save a large amount.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Metroid f**king Fusion! Wooo!

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Their is some quality games on that list. Nice to see multiple titles on some of these days as well. Would be nice of Nintendo could do this with other consoles, as well as finish bringing over the existing Wii VC. I'd still love to see what N64 games look like running on the gamepad.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Jaysonguy: PS4 (launched November 2013): Killzone, Knack, Thief, Infamous, Metal Gear, Driverclub

Wii U (launched November 2012): Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, uhhhh..some GBA games!

lol

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

@jcrame10 said:

@Jaysonguy: PS4 (launched November 2013): Killzone, Knack, Thief, Infamous, Metal Gear, Driverclub

Wii U (launched November 2012): Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, uhhhh..some GBA games!

lol

You're going to have to explain more

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jcrame10

@Jaysonguy: just poking fun at the fact that Nintendo's big announcements right now are games that are 10 years old.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy

@jcrame10 said:

@Jaysonguy: just poking fun at the fact that Nintendo's big announcements right now are games that are 10 years old.

Oh yeah, overall it's a disaster

Still good games to be had though, GBA or not

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jcrame10

@Jaysonguy: maybe I'm in the minority but I dont see the appeal. At all. I Have a Super Nintendo, N64, Gamcube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, PS3 (which plays my PS1 discs) and an Xbox 360. So all of this "launching old games for a quick buck" crap is so annoying to me. i didn't buy Nintendo's brand new system to play games on a system that's sitting in my drawer right now, you know. It's an insult to the consumer.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Overpriced, IMO.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

@jcrame10: How dare they make these games available to those who do not own the original consoles!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@ttualumni13 said:

Overpriced, IMO.

cant believe im agreeing with this guy but yup..

$5 would have been beautiful...

i'll still buy but im getting robbed 2 dollars for every game.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcrame10

@Raptor_Herc: like I said, maybe i'm in the minority. You won't change my opinion though haha cuz thats all it is

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Raptor_Herc

@jcrame10: My comment was addressing your statement that releasing classic games are "an insult to the consumer," which is a bit of an overstatement; if you already own the game, then don't buy it! It is not like they are pretending to be releasing a new game or something.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jcrame10

@Raptor_Herc: but it is an insult to the consumer...they're releasing old games more than new games right now. I didn't buy the Wii U to play old games. and if somebody wants to play GBA games or gamecube games, why wouldnt they just go to their gamestore and buy them/the console or get off ebay

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcrame10

@jcrame10: here ya go. F-Zero Maximum Velocity for $1.99! Ends in 4 hours. Who knows what it'll go for but that's cheaper than the virtual console price right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-Zero-Maximum-Velocity-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-2001-/251482618396

Id rather give my money to this guy than to pay Nintendo again for the same game. Thats just increasing the laziness and is really no better than buying CoD, Assassins Creed, ect yearly. We should make them work for our money.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@Raptor_Herc: but it is an insult to the consumer...they're releasing old games more than new games right now. I didn't buy the Wii U to play old games. and if somebody wants to play GBA games or gamecube games, why wouldnt they just go to their gamestore and buy them/the console or get off ebay

some people dont want 5 consoles in their living room...

some people dont like playing on handhelds(comfort)

the games will look better in 1080p...

the cartridges(games) are too expensive...

the battery died on the cratridge...and they lost their save file.

many reasons.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jcrame10

@KBFloYd: ya but physical copies of games retain their value. you cant sell something you download. i can probably sell my Zelda Collectors Disk, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Metroid, and Brave Fencer Musashi games in 5-10 years and get around 500 dollars since they're so expensive and rare now. Value only will go up.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KBFloYd

@jcrame10: im just saying...cartridges had lots of problems...and maybe getting a digital version for 7$ isnt as bad as you are making it out to be.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jcrame10

@KBFloYd: maybe. I dunno. I've never personally had any problem with a cartridge (or any nintendo product, for that matter)

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Raptor_Herc

@jcrame10: I would say this is an improvement over releasing few games at all. I doubt releasing these games is hindering Nintendo's development of new games. While it would be nice to a more steady flow of new titles releasing for the console every month, Nintendo can only develop so many titles at once. Hopefully the number of 3rd party retail/downloadable games will pick up in the coming months. Some of the games you listed coming out for the PS4 in your first post are 3rd party too, making your list of major Sony exclusives rather weak as well.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jaysonguy

New copy of Advance Wars is 100 bucks

New copy of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is 80

New copy of Metroid Fusion is 85

New copy of Kirby & The Amazing Mirror is 100

New copy of WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! is 90

New copy of Super Mario Bros. 3 is 100

New copy of F-Zero: Maximum Velocity is 15

New copy of Golden Sun is 120

New copy of Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 is 65

So why is anyone complaining about price?

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@ttualumni13: 7.99 for Golden Sun isn't horrible. I think it goes for like 12-15 on eBay... But I haven't looked for awhile.

I just wish Nintendo would take a lesson from Sony and let you play your WiiU VC games on 3DS and vice versa...

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#23  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Awesome line-up.

Sadly, here in Brazil I will likely have to pay about 10 dollars for each game.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Heck yeah, Golden Sun!!

Great lineup. Hopefully it won't take long to release more.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I hope Nintendo keeps delivering great lineups like this every month from now on and doesn't go back to only releasing one game per week like before.

I might be interested in trying Metroid Fusion. I've always got annoyed with Metroid games, but I hear that Metroid Fusion doesn't have as much of the annoying backtracking and lack of direction that I hated in the other Metroid games I've tried, so I'm hoping this might end up being the first Metroid game I thoroughly enjoy.

I'll also buy Super Mario Bros. 3 and Yoshi's Island.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Getting Metroid Fusion and Golden Sun for certain.

May check out FZero also.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27  Edited By glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

Glad they're releasing a few games a week, and quality ones at that. Hopefully Nintendo can keep up the momentum with the Wii-U VC in general, it's been too slow.

inter_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 inter_911
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

not over priced !! those gems are worth every penny

it seems like no matter what Nintendo do people will still get pissed off

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 roboccs

@starwolf474: Of the Super Metroid style games, Fusion is the most "linear" of the ones I've played with more defined areas.. There is some backtracking though. It's a very good game.

I'm so pumped for Golden Sun. For whatever reason I've been thinking about it lately and how I hoped it would get released on a VC soon. Never got a chance to play it.

I already have Fusion on my GBA so I don't know if I'll get it on the VC as well or not...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

$5 would have been beautiful...

i'll still buy but im getting robbed 2 dollars for every game.

Then it's exactly the right price. If the quality is too good for you to forego a purchase at a price you think is too high, then it's at exactly the right place.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 roboccs

Metroid Fusion and Golden Sun are like $17-ish on Amazon. You actually save $10 or so bucks on the VC

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TTUalumni13

@roboccs: You're comparing a digital copy that can only be played on one console to an original practically antique physical copy though, digital copies of really old handheld games of all things shouldn't be that much, 5 dollars at the most. But I'm sure people will buy them at that price, so oh well :P Not something I'd sink on for what you get

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33  Edited By glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

@roboccs said:

@starwolf474: Of the Super Metroid style games, Fusion is the most "linear" of the ones I've played with more defined areas.. There is some backtracking though. It's a very good game.

I'm so pumped for Golden Sun. For whatever reason I've been thinking about it lately and how I hoped it would get released on a VC soon. Never got a chance to play it.

I already have Fusion on my GBA so I don't know if I'll get it on the VC as well or not...

Golden Sun is great man, you'll love it.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 roboccs

@glimpus: I know, I can't wait for it! Lots of fun to be had with my current crop of games to hold me over until X comes out.

@ttualumni13: Yeah but you figure they tack on a few bucks for putting Miiverse support in there too which I have come to really enjoy the Miiverse community.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@jcrame10: that belongs in system wars , , and thats not nintendos main focus, - they have mariokart 8 yarn yoshi x ,zelda hyrule warriors etc so if i were you id get back to your hide hole , and stay there\

oh and the prices, ya thats about fair , the cheapest i can get gba games are 8 bucks a piece at a pawnshop , and that doesnt mean good titles, those are 10 or higher , so , ya pretty good im satisfied plus the gas saved in getting to the pawn shop which is 10 bucks a shot each time

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@jcrame10 said:

Also, I don't see any other consoles releasing first party titles right now. People complain that Wii U isn't getting a big release until May, but other consoles don't have release dates on anything.

But for people who haven't played some of these games, this is pretty awesome. I can no longer run my SNES on my newer TV, and Yoshi's Island is my favorite 2D platformer ever, so I'll be picking that one up.

Closing thoughts -- Positive Jaysonguy thread? What world is this...?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jaysonguy

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@jcrame10 said:

Also, I don't see any other consoles releasing first party titles right now. People complain that Wii U isn't getting a big release until May, but other consoles don't have release dates on anything.

But for people who haven't played some of these games, this is pretty awesome. I can no longer run my SNES on my newer TV, and Yoshi's Island is my favorite 2D platformer ever, so I'll be picking that one up.

Closing thoughts -- Positive Jaysonguy thread? What world is this...?

Well to be fair Titanfall and PvZGW are out on Microsoft consoles with Kinect Sports Rivals launching in a week while MLB the Show will soon follow Infamous for Sony

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

They're too expensive because hardly any work goes into the emulation and emulation has issues unlike the original copies. Now, if they *ported* the games and made them higher res..

Also, Nintendo needs to fix their BS account system before I buy anything other than new games that are download only

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Jaysonguy: either way, nobody really has anything major until May. Kinect Sports is cool, but not really an impact game, in my opinion.

And I agree about pricing. While very few people would actually purchase a new copy, I think people complaining about pricing under 10$ are a little ridiculous. Even in the worst jobs, 8$ is just over an hour of your time.

Why don't we leave judgment to the reasonable people like Jaysonguy.... What is going on in the world...?!

DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DRAGONPIECEZ
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

Already own the physical copies for all of those games. Very nice for people who never got a chance to play them, however.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

New copy of Advance Wars is 100 bucks

New copy of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is 80

New copy of Metroid Fusion is 85

New copy of Kirby & The Amazing Mirror is 100

New copy of WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! is 90

New copy of Super Mario Bros. 3 is 100

New copy of F-Zero: Maximum Velocity is 15

New copy of Golden Sun is 120

New copy of Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 is 65

So why is anyone complaining about price?

I agree, the VC pricing for these games is really good in comparison to pawn shops. Hell just to buy Dragon Ball Z: Buus Fury (which is one of my favorite GBA games) costs 34.99. I bought it in 04 when it came out for that price.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jaysonguy

@Chozofication said:

They're too expensive because hardly any work goes into the emulation and emulation has issues unlike the original copies.

I already showed how they're not expensive

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jcrame10

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: oh jeeze. my original comment put the dates for the system releases for a reason. no one else thinks its sad that the PS4 has been out for 4 months and its library is at about the same amount of games as the Wii U?

PS4 just saw Drive Club and Infamous, not too mention Metal Gear and Thief (which i heard sucks but yeah still)

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Jaysonguy said:

@Chozofication said:

They're too expensive because hardly any work goes into the emulation and emulation has issues unlike the original copies.

I already showed how they're not expensive

People also look into how much things cost to make and try and rationalize a lower price, but that's not the way business works. Business is designed to make a profit, and Nintendo really has no obligation to port these games to its consoles other than to profit off them. While individual games are relatively cheap to optimize for Wii U, they still had to design the emulator, and overall they just want to make money, as they really aren't doing that right now.

The fact is, even if they're over a decade old, these games offer a lot more content than the 99 cent smart-phone types that people are clearly comparing them to.

I've read similar comments about providing third party games on the console, where the argument is developers can at least break even if they release third party games on the Wii U, but there's literally no point to spend money on something to simply make it all back. The goal is to make all your money back almost immediately and then far surpass it. That's what this pricing model is for. Investors are horrendously pissed at Nintendo, and they need to bring in money. 8 bucks is a paltry asking price for even the most occupation-impaired gamers.

I'm still in shock here, I'm disagreeing with Chozo and siding with Jaysonguy. Am I turning into a werewolf?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KBFloYd
@jcrame10 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: oh jeeze. my original comment put the dates for the system releases for a reason. no one else thinks its sad that the PS4 has been out for 4 months and its library is at about the same amount of games as the Wii U?

PS4 just saw Drive Club and Infamous, not too mention Metal Gear and Thief (which i heard sucks but yeah still)

drive club? i thought that got cancelled.

metal gear GroundZero was dlc for metalgear 4 no?

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TTUalumni13

lol there are more people complaining about people not liking the price than people complaining about the price.

L2dfferent opinions, for me those games are definitely not worth that considering how old they are and what you get, combined with Nintendo's lol digital policies. Plus old handheld games, eh. Handhelds have only very recently gained any kind of deep gaming experience for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

Of course they want to make a profit, but they're making a HUGE profit, with little effort. It's relative to a shoe costing $3 to make and then it costs $100 to buy. Corporations should cater to the consumer, not the other way around. I imagine the groundwork was already laid out for their emulators by 3rd parties, Nintendo's emulation isn't anything special. I'd feel like i'm bleeding money paying those prices, besides like I said, the emulation is less than ideal. I'd pay for quality ports here and there.

Sure, relative to buying a new or even used physical copy depending on the game it seems like a great deal if you want a game bad, and Nintendo will never change their prices anyways - I know i'm a minority.

And my other thought is, they need to work on getting new games for the Wii U, i've played a lot of these games before and don't care that much to play them again.

Howl at the moon!

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Id care more if they were for 3DS.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

JaysonGuy posting about something and doesn't have anything negative to say about anything?

Guys,... I think JaysonGuy is sick.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

@Chozofication: Who cares if they're making a huge profit? They aren't making a charitable donation to you. This is how businesses work. Its far better than it could have been priced. They could probably get away with $10 if they wanted to no matter how much people like you say you don't like it on the web.

Plus for the most part these are GOOD games that are well worth $20 or more, let alone $7-$8. Nothing about this pricing is anti-consumer, complaining about fantastic games that give you memorable game play like metroid fusion, Golden Sun, Mario and Luigi for being priced at $8 is anti-game developer.

Yes, its mostly profit for Nintendo. As anyone would expect it to be. I'm sure there are licensing issues to deal with too. Also, you're acting like you don't think any of this profit is going to fund new games, especially ones unannounced. When you say "Nintendo needs to make new games" you can't honestly expect them to be sitting on their hands right now?