Games that should be but never will...

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 serj_tankian05
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts

Here is a list of games that truly should be but never will be:

Smash Bros. DS

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Marvel VS Capcom (Either is fine or even a little mini set of warriors with cute little attacks)

Dragon Ball Z LOG4

A serious Legend Of Zelda, not PHG crap...

A port of the best Sonic Genesis titles (Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles)

Animal Crossing 2 (WW is getting old)

Just a thought... You know, at 4:19 AM, what else are you going to do?

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

Isn't this more blog-worthy? What you said doesn't have much to expand on or discuss.

Avatar image for Bagofhappystuff
Bagofhappystuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bagofhappystuff
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts
Maybe he wants us to elaborate on what games we believe will never be.
baber0015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 baber0015
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts
Im down for NSMB 2 any day!!! Oh and do not forget a sequel to Super Mario 64 DS.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
Phantom Hourglass was a great game. Its one of the only Zelda games where I don't feel like "Aww, I don't wanna go to the next dungeon yet.". You basically blaze through each dungeon because the puzzles are fun to figure out with the touch controls. And there is no more story to build on in the Dragon Ball Z series. They would be stuck with remakes. And they'll probably release some sonic games on the DSi shop for the virtual console when/ if it ever comes out.
crispyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 crispyo
Member since 2005 • 1801 Posts
Yeah, I loved Phantom Hourglass. Easily my favourite Zelda game (though, I was never a big fan of Zelda...), and one of my favourite DS games. But an AC 2 DS would be good, especially if it was actually NEW (unlike that recycled City Folk).
Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

The Earthbound(Mother) trilogy. Despite the fact that Earthbound fans are a rabid bunch and would sell their soul to see a rerelease of these titles, Nintendo continues to give us the shaft.

Bigcol1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8 Bigcol1611
Member since 2008 • 796 Posts

I think a new pikmin would be great, but dont think that would appear anytime soon!

Krono321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Krono321
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Im up for the Smash bros. DS!
smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

golden sun ds

a donkey kong 2-d platformer (rythm games FTL)

a 3D good pokemon game

serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 serj_tankian05

It's not blog worthy if no one reads your blogs and as far as Phantom Hourglass, I am not saying it was no good... The whole art style is really childish and at points depressing since I know the real link... Think about it, You take WW, PHG, And that Spirit Train or whatever and compare the visual and story aspects of the other LoZ titles and... It's like going from Stephen King to J. K. Rowling... It's depressing... So I simply request a more mature fit LoZ title...

serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 serj_tankian05

Maybe a LoZ RPG... That could be interesting...

alidsl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alidsl
Member since 2009 • 110 Posts
I would like a Super smash bros, and a sequel to AC New super mario bros. 2 wont work
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

serj_tankian05

There will never be a Legend Of Zelda RPG.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

Honestly, I wouldn't get any of those games besides the Zelda.

We don't need everything on a handheld.

Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

I would like a Super smash bros, and a sequel to AC New super mario bros. 2 wont workalidsl

what do you mean New Super Mario Bros. 2 wouldn't work?

alidsl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alidsl
Member since 2009 • 110 Posts

[QUOTE="alidsl"]I would like a Super smash bros, and a sequel to AC New super mario bros. 2 wont workLucid1314

It would be exactly the same game play as before but AC still has room to add in way more things
kiraismyhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kiraismyhero
maplestory ds :O
MischiefmAker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MischiefmAker
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

Elite Beat Agents 2

kiraismyhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kiraismyhero

Elite Beat Agents 2

MischiefmAker
They have number 2 in japan, but it is with japanese songs
MischiefmAker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MischiefmAker
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="MischiefmAker"]

Elite Beat Agents 2

kiraismyhero

They have number 2 in japan, but it is with japanese songs

That series, while practically the same thing, came out in Japan before EBA, then got a sequel after EBA, but it looks like the agents got shelved.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 riariases

It's not blog worthy if no one reads your blogs and as far as Phantom Hourglass, I am not saying it was no good... The whole art style is really childish and at points depressing since I know the real link... Think about it, You take WW, PHG, And that Spirit Train or whatever and compare the visual and story aspects of the other LoZ titles and... It's like going from Stephen King to J. K. Rowling... It's depressing... So I simply request a more mature fit LoZ title...

serj_tankian05
Okay, J.K. Rowling is an amazing author. In a group of people under 20, J. K. would be the more popular. And what are you talking about, depressing? Depressing is walking around as a wolf while some little girl screams and orders you around all the time and everywhere you look theres shadows and creepy jet black monsters that try to eat your heart(hearts for that matter). Second, stop being a graphics vvhore. The WindWaker had a wicked story. Better than alot of the previous Zelda titles. PH had a respectable story but really... what do you expect? Its a portable. You didn't expect a dark and vigorously evil story from Minish Cap because it was on a cute little GameBoy. And ST will probably be the same. Light and easy to play. One last thing. Zelda should never be an RPG. Leveling up doesn't fit in well. I'm glad they never tried it again after The Adventure of Link.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

The Earthbound(Mother) trilogy. Despite the fact that Earthbound fans are a rabid bunch and would sell their soul to see a rerelease of these titles, Nintendo continues to give us the shaft.

Gemini_Red
I second that. earthbound is a great series that Nintendo doesn't even release the GBA port of outside Japan.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
valkyria chrnoicles ds
fail_baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fail_baby
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts

[QUOTE="serj_tankian05"]

Burning-Sludge

That means this is no longer considered a Legend ofZelda game

serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 serj_tankian05

[QUOTE="serj_tankian05"]

riariases

Okay, J.K. Rowling is an amazing author. In a group of people under 20, J. K. would be the more popular. And what are you talking about, depressing? Depressing is walking around as a wolf while some little girl screams and orders you around all the time and everywhere you look theres shadows and creepy jet black monsters that try to eat your heart(hearts for that matter). Second, stop being a graphics vvhore. The WindWaker had a wicked story. Better than alot of the previous Zelda titles. PH had a respectable story but really... what do you expect? Its a portable. You didn't expect a dark and vigorously evil story from Minish Cap because it was on a cute little GameBoy. And ST will probably be the same. Light and easy to play. One last thing. Zelda should never be an RPG. Leveling up doesn't fit in well. I'm glad they never tried it again after The Adventure of Link.

I think when I said all this, it was an opinion... Your making it sound like it was dictatorship... I don't read Harry Potter, that's not saying people who do are freaks, cause really the Stephen King fans are usally in that position... So if your read J.K., more power too ya, I'm simply saying I prefer Stephen King, Which I also don't read... Any way, visual does not mean that I give a crap about the graphics, rather the art in which the story is told and color themed... I liked Both WindWaker and Phantom Hourglass, however I would like to see a LoZ game (Hints the name of the thread) that will probably never surface or be admired... Think of it as playtime for your imagination....

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 riariases
[QUOTE="serj_tankian05"]

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="serj_tankian05"]

I think when I said all this, it was an opinion... Your making it sound like it was dictatorship... I don't read Harry Potter, that's not saying people who do are freaks, cause really the Stephen King fans are usally in that position... So if your read J.K., more power too ya, I'm simply saying I prefer Stephen King, Which I also don't read... Any way, visual does not mean that I give a crap about the graphics, rather the art in which the story is told and color themed... I liked Both WindWaker and Phantom Hourglass, however I would like to see a LoZ game (Hints the name of the thread) that will probably never surface or be admired... Think of it as playtime for your imagination....

I made my opinion about your opinion. You said the art style is "childish" and "depressing"(which makes no sense) as if its second par. And then you said the visual and story aspects weren't as good as ones like Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Not so much for Phantom Hourglass and probably Spirit Tracks yes, but the WindWaker had a more unique story than the rest. Last off you said the so called gigantic drop in quality was depressing. I really don't see that big a difference when you get down to how much fun you have with it, which is the main point. As long as the WindWaker series continues on portables, it will never be as serious as console titles. It will be the same thing we expected from a generation of portable Zelda's, as in Oracle of Seasons and Ages, Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

[QUOTE="serj_tankian05"]

fail_baby

That means this is no longer considered a Legend ofZelda game

Close, I consider it a Fantasy Action Adventure like all of the others unless you can explain to me the major diffrence between the two.

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
Shadowrun (SNES and Genesis)- MS killed it because Xbox 360's Shadowrun sold poor. Shadowrun DS like SNES or Gensis version should be great. Ultima Underworld Punch-Out the Arcade Game- Arcade game came out with two screens like DS screens.
Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

Joe and Mac DS!

serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 serj_tankian05

I made my opinion about your opinion. You said the art style is "childish" and "depressing"(which makes no sense) as if its second par. And then you said the visual and story aspects weren't as good as ones like Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Not so much for Phantom Hourglass and probably Spirit Tracks yes, but the WindWaker had a more unique story than the rest. Last off you said the so called gigantic drop in quality was depressing. I really don't see that big a difference when you get down to how much fun you have with it, which is the main point. As long as the WindWaker series continues on portables, it will never be as serious as console titles. It will be the same thing we expected from a generation of portable Zelda's, as in Oracle of Seasons and Ages, Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass.

If I remember, WW was a console game... The first at that... Either way, the way I see a creation and the way you see one will always be different... For example, I'm sure Barney is childish to you, not saying that WW or the latter are childish in the same sense, but still remain immature to you... You wouldn't watch it because it has no interesting gestures that would still stimulate you.... The same applies to those games to me... I think your taking this a little to serious, it's a thread based on opinion and your slashing mine... All I wanted to do was give a positive sense of imagination to people who are, for the mean time, bored and would like to share there idea's for there DS-perfect games... Not to slander others about choice of words... So just chill...
Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucid1314"]

[QUOTE="alidsl"]I would like a Super smash bros, and a sequel to AC New super mario bros. 2 wont workalidsl

It would be exactly the same game play as before but AC still has room to add in way more things

lolwut? Have you played the classic Mario games? they all have the same gameplay. There's just some minor tweaks such as new power-ups... that's pretty much it.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing the Gargoyles Quest series make a return. I still don't know why Capcom let that series fade.

Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing the Gargoyles Quest series make a return. I still don't know why Capcom let that series fade.

Gemini_Red

Okay, take every else's suggestions and throw them out the window (yes, even my own). This is what we need.

smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

[QUOTE="Gemini_Red"]

Mr_Matthews

Okay, take every else's suggestions and throw them out the window (yes, even my own). This is what we need.

never played that

but damn joe and mac was one of my favorite games on the snes

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Golden Sun ds

A new Donkey Kong game

SSB ds

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 riariases
I made my opinion about your opinion. You said the art style is "childish" and "depressing"(which makes no sense) as if its second par. And then you said the visual and story aspects weren't as good as ones like Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Not so much for Phantom Hourglass and probably Spirit Tracks yes, but the WindWaker had a more unique story than the rest. Last off you said the so called gigantic drop in quality was depressing. I really don't see that big a difference when you get down to how much fun you have with it, which is the main point. As long as the WindWaker series continues on portables, it will never be as serious as console titles. It will be the same thing we expected from a generation of portable Zelda's, as in Oracle of Seasons and Ages, Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass.serj_tankian05
If I remember, WW was a console game... The first at that... Either way, the way I see a creation and the way you see one will always be different... For example, I'm sure Barney is childish to you, not saying that WW or the latter are childish in the same sense, but still remain immature to you... You wouldn't watch it because it has no interesting gestures that would still stimulate you.... The same applies to those games to me... I think your taking this a little to serious, it's a thread based on opinion and your slashing mine... All I wanted to do was give a positive sense of imagination to people who are, for the mean time, bored and would like to share there idea's for there DS-perfect games... Not to slander others about choice of words... So just chill...

Maybe you shouldn't have made this forum if you didn't want people to disagree with you. Thats like something a four year old would do. Make a ridiculous claim that they knew was a lie and then expect no one to disagree with you. Also, I did say the WindWaker was on a console. But I said PH didn't have as serious of a story because it was on a portable. WindWaker's was a bit more in depth. The only thing childish about the WindWaker series is the art style. Nothing else. Now maybe next time you shouldn't cry over someone disagreeing with you. Thats immature. [QUOTE="soulless4now"]

Golden Sun ds

A new Donkey Kong game

SSB ds

I really wanna see them continue the Golden Sun series but I figure theres not much more they could add to the story.
MorganMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MorganMonster
Member since 2009 • 132 Posts

Okami DS.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

Okami DS.

MorganMonster
I said this. 8D So yes.
serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 serj_tankian05
"The only thing childish about the WindWaker series is the art style. Nothing else." Thanks for figuring something out.. And don't call me a liar... You have no idea who I am and to call me a liar is making you into a total *****... Your just upset because those games are easy and boring for me and a true challenge for yourself... Let the slandering begin....
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 riariases
"The only thing childish about the WindWaker series is the art style. Nothing else." Thanks for figuring something out.. And don't call me a liar... You have no idea who I am and to call me a liar is making you into a total *****... Your just upset because those games are easy and boring for me and a true challenge for yourself... Let the slandering begin....serj_tankian05
Where the hell did that come from? And isn't a liar someone who... what... lies? "The whole art style is really childish and at points depressing since I know the real link." The real link was bent towards the Wind Waker look in the first place. Look at the first Zelda games. They were little chibi sprites. So what does that mean? You obviously don't know "the real Link" especially since none of the Links in the newer games have brown hair. In the show he had brown hair and in the first few games he did too. Which means Cartoon Link and the other Links aren't even the originals. Theres your first lie. "Think about it, You take WW, PHG, And that Spirit Train or whatever and compare the visual and story aspects of the other LoZ titles and... It's like going from Stephen King to J. K. Rowling... It's depressing." Okay, Stephen Kings books are depressing as crap, idiot. And the Wind Waker had a much more mature story than all the previous Zelda titles before Twilight Princess. But PH of course didn't nearly have as mature story because its a PORTABLE. I'm trying to tell you that but you're obviously not even reading my posts. Even then, the PH has a more mature story than every previous Zelda portable.
serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 serj_tankian05
[QUOTE="serj_tankian05"]"The only thing childish about the WindWaker series is the art style. Nothing else." Thanks for figuring something out.. And don't call me a liar... You have no idea who I am and to call me a liar is making you into a total *****... Your just upset because those games are easy and boring for me and a true challenge for yourself... Let the slandering begin....riariases
Where the hell did that come from? And isn't a liar someone who... what... lies? "The whole art style is really childish and at points depressing since I know the real link." The real link was bent towards the Wind Waker look in the first place. Look at the first Zelda games. They were little chibi sprites. So what does that mean? You obviously don't know "the real Link" especially since none of the Links in the newer games have brown hair. In the show he had brown hair and in the first few games he did too. Which means Cartoon Link and the other Links aren't even the originals. Theres your first lie. "Think about it, You take WW, PHG, And that Spirit Train or whatever and compare the visual and story aspects of the other LoZ titles and... It's like going from Stephen King to J. K. Rowling... It's depressing." Okay, Stephen Kings books are depressing as crap, idiot. And the Wind Waker had a much more mature story than all the previous Zelda titles before Twilight Princess. But PH of course didn't nearly have as mature story because its a PORTABLE. I'm trying to tell you that but you're obviously not even reading my posts. Even then, the PH has a more mature story than every previous Zelda portable.

So what your saying is, I'm a liar because in my mind, everything about those portables is like coloring a child's book? I think if I feel that way, I speak truth... Your not even old enough to know "The real link" so please save your pity attempt to call yourself a gamer of any kind... And since it's a "PORTABLE", they have to make it easy and boring? No... And I'm an Idiot?? A simple comparison of two extremes is hardly an idiots move.. Saying nothing but "PORTABLE" is kind of an idiot gesture.. So take this information, let it sulk, and come back when your all grown up so we can REALLY let the led out...
12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

Smash Bros. DS

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Marvel VS Capcom (Either is fine or even a little mini set of warriors with cute little attacks)

Dragon Ball Z LOG4

serj_tankian05
assuming you want it expanded. a pokemon type thing thats new, so it isn't teased like pokemon is. the games are really fun.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 riariases
[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="serj_tankian05"]"The only thing childish about the WindWaker series is the art style. Nothing else." Thanks for figuring something out.. And don't call me a liar... You have no idea who I am and to call me a liar is making you into a total *****... Your just upset because those games are easy and boring for me and a true challenge for yourself... Let the slandering begin....serj_tankian05

So what your saying is, I'm a liar because in my mind, everything about those portables is like coloring a child's book? I think if I feel that way, I speak truth... Your not even old enough to know "The real link" so please save your pity attempt to call yourself a gamer of any kind... And since it's a "PORTABLE", they have to make it easy and boring? No... And I'm an Idiot?? A simple comparison of two extremes is hardly an idiots move.. Saying nothing but "PORTABLE" is kind of an idiot gesture.. So take this information, let it sulk, and come back when your all grown up so we can REALLY let the led out...

You're an idiot for sending the exact same message to me in my inbox. I'll sum it all up. Colouring a childs book? A game doesn't need impressive graphics to be fun. If you feel that way, its not truth. Was Hitler speaking the truth when he said black and jewish people were inferior? If you believe so, that makes you racist. You don't have to be a certain age to know anything. Mark you i'm probably 2/3's your age and I know twice as much. And anyone who plays games regularly can call themselves a gamer. I didn't say they have to make portable games easy and boring... you did(or atleast implied it). You said when you look at Twilight Princess and then Phantom Hourglass, its like going for Stphen Spielberg to J. K. Rowling... as if its a bad thing. Whos the idiot now? Yeah, so I didn't just say portable. Maybe you should go to Sylvan, learn to read and then maybe consider trying to argue with me so you at least had a notient of what i'm trying to tell you. One more thing, I don't need to grow up. One more year of academic studying and you wouldn't understand a sentence of what i'm saying... not that you do anyways.
BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 BUCK3TM4N
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

Golden sun 3 *cry*

Avatar image for Destry-sDestiny
Destry-sDestiny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Destry-sDestiny
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

7raven Studios should finish "Broken Circle" originally for the GBA and put it up for DSiWare

Avatar image for Batman_Vengence
Batman_Vengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Batman_Vengence
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts

I would absolutely friggin mega love a JET SET RADIO game for the DS...but sadly,Smilebit broke up,and so there is no one to develop the game.And I want this thing to look like JSRF for the XBox.I mean great.And I know it's possible,so don't give me that crap Sega.It'd just be awesome and everyone would love it.I know this for a fact.JET SET RADIO DS.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 riariases

I would absolutely friggin mega love a JET SET RADIO game for the DS...but sadly,Smilebit broke up,and so there is no one to develop the game.And I want this thing to look like JSRF for the XBox.I mean great.And I know it's possible,so don't give me that crap Sega.It'd just be awesome and everyone would love it.I know this for a fact.JET SET RADIO DS.

Batman_Vengence
Hell yeah! And they could make it like Skate where you move the joystick in a certain way to perform tricks except you do it with the stylus. And @BUCK3TM4N The Golden Sun producers are way too busy with Mario Golf/Baseball/Tennis/Soccer and Basketball to make a Golden Sun 4. Damn them.
Tbro13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tbro13
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

Smash Bros. DS

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Dragon Ball Z LOG4

serj_tankian05
The sonic genesis one did happen its just on the Xbox 360 and PS3.
bisonfan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bisonfan2010
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

heres a few I wouldn't mind seeing

Warzone 2100 for the DS (if you played age of empires this game is almost the same except its tanks and was a great under the radar ps1 game)

Double Dragon (heck yes the BEST STREET FIGHTER during the Nes era)

Snes Jurassic Park (This game owned all movie games ever made. First persion shooter, and a sky view. And it had amazing depth for a snes)

Mario Kart Classics (a new mario kart game that holds all N64 and Snes tracks)