Game idea...thoughts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Parapsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Parapsyche
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts
I've had this idea for a while, so I figured I'd mention it on here to see what people thought.

I've always been a big fan of side-scrollers, and especially side-scrolling shooters such as Contra.  So here's my idea...I figured that a cool idea for a side-scrolling shooter would be to have a targeting reticle to fire at, much like you see in a lot of Flash games recently.  So you could move in whatever direction you wanted and shoot exactly where you wanted to.

This would likely allow for some really intense action, since due to the better accuracy and reflexes you can input into the game, some really cool enemies could be designed, as well as enemy waves that really test the player's skills.  I figure it'd be pretty cool to see a new Contra game come out for the Wii, and adding that kind of control scheme would definitely make it unique and intense.

Any thoughts?
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
Sounds pretty cool, but I have to admit I'm having a little bit of trouble visualizing it.
Parapsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Parapsyche
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts
Hmm...pretty much just picture a Contra game, for example, but with an aiming reticle on the screen, as in Red Steel.  So wherever you move the reticle with the Wiimote, your character aims there with his/her weapon.
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
ever played soldat? (if no then look it up and download it)