Friday the 13th and Turok HD announced for switch

#1 Edited by KBFloYd (21634 posts) -

so in the direct nintendo announced dead by daylight is coming to switch this fall 2019. welp now the clone game that was based on that friday the 13th is coming to switch in spring. so it seems the clone will release before the OG! switch getting some horror love with these games and resident evil ports.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/05/friday-the-13th-the-game-coming-to-nintendo-switch-this-spring

also turok the classic n64 game recieved a HD remaster a year or 2 ago on PC. well now you can get it on switch on march 18th.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/05/turok-dinosaur-hunter-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-with-its-1990s-bullet-points-completely-intact

#2 Edited by Speeny (1374 posts) -

Might be interested in picking up Friday the 13th. But, I've heard they haven't released any new content for that game in a while?

#3 Posted by KBFloYd (21634 posts) -

@speeny said:

Might be interested in picking up Friday the 13th. But, I've heard they haven't released any new content for that game in a while?

it got some decent dlc last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv2ZyxlnwjA

#4 Posted by VFighter (4648 posts) -

Only $80 each!!!

#5 Posted by Solaryellow (4747 posts) -

Now one of my most played X1 games is coming to Switch. Unreal. I think F13 will be a nice compliment to the console as it does offer a nice variety of content.

#6 Posted by ProtossRushX (5203 posts) -
@vfighter said:

Only $80 each!!!

heh Switch Tax

#7 Posted by Mandzilla (3821 posts) -

Interesting. :)

#8 Edited by KBFloYd (21634 posts) -

@vfighter said:

Only $80 each!!!

but lol yea with the DLC it will be 80 :P

#9 Posted by VFighter (4648 posts) -

@KBFloYd: If I were a Nintendo fanboy my ass would also hurt from the constant butt raping they give their fans weekly. Try sitting on a pillow or something KB.

#10 Edited by KBFloYd (21634 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@KBFloYd: If I were a Nintendo fanboy my ass would also hurt from the constant butt raping they give their fans weekly. Try sitting on a pillow or something KB.

everyone is getting raped including you. so shetup hypocrite.

#11 Posted by Solaryellow (4747 posts) -

Friday the 13th was not a full priced game at retail. With the exception of cosmetics the content adding to the game play (houses, maps, single players, characters) were free. I would bet this will not be full priced for Switch.

#12 Posted by robert_sparkes (2795 posts) -

Bet this will be full price everything seems to be in switch.

#14 Posted by Solaryellow (4747 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

The ultimate slasher edition is $39.99 (right now on sale for 29.99) and if I recall correctly, that was the original price of the game (w/o extra content). Releasing the game at a price higher than original and what is available right now on competing consoles would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#15 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2999 posts) -

Turok didn't age well.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#16 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5675 posts) -

Excited for Turok, never played them before. I might double dip on Dead by Daylight, I love it on PS4. Friday the 13th was pretty bad from what I played.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#17 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9181 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:
@robert_sparkes said:

The ultimate slasher edition is $39.99 (right now on sale for 29.99) and if I recall correctly, that was the original price of the game (w/o extra content). Releasing the game at a price higher than original and what is available right now on competing consoles would be shooting themselves in the foot.

It's not stopping Capcom from releasing RE Origins Collection on Switch for $60.

I will pick up Turok, it's already listed on the eshop. $20 just like the PC version was at release, so no gouging there.

#18 Posted by ZmanBarzel (1742 posts) -

I wonder what Universal has planned for the Turok IP now that it owns the it. I'd imagine they're much more interested in their Voltron movie and related products, but Turok would have to be somewhere on their radar, wouldn't it?

#19 Posted by RSM-HQ (8114 posts) -

Turok was never good, and for me just doesn't fit the bill. Hard pass_

While D00M IV was good it suffers from poor pacing and annoying/ forced cinematics. Dusk reminded me what an excellent single player FPS looks like.

Looking forward to Ion Maiden. Will probably grab on Switch, just because I've yet to buy a FPS on the system. Also can't imagine Ion performing poorly on Switch.