Ever Buy Translated Repro's Of Import Games?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I just bought a copy of a fan translated Repro cart for Tsumi To Batsu (Sin And Punishment) for the N64. I have a region free Ultra HDMI modified N64 which is great! What isn't great is that I can't read Japanese! So, I googled around looking for possible translated romhacks and whatnot, then ran into a seller on Etsy that sold a bunch of copies of English translated repro carts. I decided to get the last copy they were selling. This is the 2nd repro cart I have ever bought. Being a fan of Shantae and seeing how laughably high the original cart is for that game, I decided to swallow my "authentics only" ego and buy a $15 repro. Thing is though that, that is a copy and paste rom file going into an actual GBC cartridge. I have never bought a game, or in this case, a romhack that was then imported into an actual cartridge. Wanted to see if anyone here has ever done it. Are you pleased with what you got? Let me know guys!

CookieCrumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CookieCrumbles
Member since 2019 • 29 Posts

Sin and Punishment was already in English (besides the main menu screen). All the in-game dialogue is English! And no, I wouldn't buy one.