Do you guys think metroid could be Nintendo's halo multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PAIN_Psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PAIN_Psycho
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I think that metroid games have a very solid campaign, but do you guys think that nintendo can make this game be a Halo for wii u?

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

If Nintendo can expand the MP Hunters multiplayer, it could possibly be.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Nope, they tried to pick up the local multiplayer buzz that Halo had with MP2, and no one cared.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

Well, no one's cared for local multiplayer in some time. I think online multiplayer could be great. However, I dont have much hope for it happening.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Ahh I remember Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer...I played that quite a lot, but no I don't think so and don't want it to become *that*

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
A new Metroid Prime Hunters type game would be amazing on the wiiU. Include an online with ranking and maybe some unlockable stuff and I'll be hooked.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Well, no one's cared for local multiplayer in some time. I think online multiplayer could be great. However, I dont have much hope for it happening.

Grieverr
They did at the time.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Echoes attempted and failed miserably. Metroid is about exploring by oneself. It is not a brand that could sell a multiplayer experience. Nintendo would be much better off investing in a new IP and company, to build them a new game, than to try and force Metroid into a mould it was never meant to fit. Plus, Halo is no longer a big trend anymore. It has been replaced with Call of Duty, which too might be replaced in the next year or so. If Nintendo wants a big online multiplayer game, they only need make a new Smash Bros or Mario Kart. Something people actually buy more than a million copies of.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I would rather not and they focus on single player for those games. If they want a multiplayer franchise they could always make a new IP. I don't think Metroid would ever rake in the Halo crowd with it's reputation of being a mainly singe player franchise, and slow paced(compared to Halo/CoD/etc).

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

If Nintendo wants to make a good console FPS, then MAKE A NEW IP. That sort of gameplay has no place in Metroid.

porterpatrice7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 porterpatrice7
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
TiVo is one of the Partners.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

I would rather not and they focus on single player for those games. If they want a multiplayer franchise they could always make a new IP. I don't think Metroid would ever rake in the Halo crowd with it's reputation of being a mainly singe player franchise, and slow paced(compared to Halo/CoD/etc).

Eikichi-Onizuka

First off, the fact that your icon features Birdy the Mighty already makes you a cool customer in my book. :P

Secondly, I agree with what you're saying on-topic. I'm not sure who Nintendo would be trying to please if they made the next Metroid game to have a more standardized FPS experience. Those who want Halo will simply play Halo or the dozens of other FPSs on the market, and those who are looking forward to a more traditional Metroid experience will likely be disappointed by whatever changes will have to be made. Heck, if Other M managed to rub some fans off the wrong way, I wouldn't a Metroid game that'll likely be even more of a departure from the formula in order to incorporate a mulitplayer mode comparable to the big name FPSs on the market.

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts
Nah, Metroid as an FPS is a stupid idea. FPA such as Metroid have no place being a game that gets a weak campaign in lieu of mindless hype online jump, run and gun mindless multiplayer.
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

You want to play halo go play halo. Metriod has always been about single player. Turning metroid into cod or halo would be an abomination of the franchise.

PAIN_Psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PAIN_Psycho

For those of you who are saying "If you want to play halo go play halo" (not quoting anyone) what about the people that dont own an xbox? I myself had an xbox 360 but sold it to buy myself a PC to play my standard beautiful games such as battlefield, far cry, skyrim, etc. I myself want a Wii U to play arcade and Nintendo exclusives such as CoD, Madden and all Nintendo Titles and since i cannot play halo in my home, i would love to have a sci-fi shooter on my Wii u shelf. BTW i grabbed halo as an example, and in my honest opinion, why would metroid turn into an abomination? Every console has its own sci-fi shooter, the xbox has halo, Resistance (if it fits in sci-fi) has a very decent campaign and a very good multiplayer. Before you guys say that i should buy an xbox if I want to play halo, I dont want to, I want the Wii U to be my go to console to play my Console games.

Remember guys that halo started off without an online multiplayer, I do not know if Resistance 1 did have, but in my opinion its time for Metroid to be a great campaign and multiplayer experience, and be the FPS shooter that Every Wii U owner can say "It is a must have".

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
No. Metroid Prime Hunters was pretty good online though. It wouldn't be a Nintendo Halo. It'd be better than Halo. If they wanted to make a Halo'ish online game, upgrade Geist and make that the franchise for that.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Nope, they tried to pick up the local multiplayer buzz that Halo had with MP2, and no one cared.

WreckEm711
Might be more to do with the fact that the multiplayer was halfa***d. If it had been good it would have been more popular. Also worth mentioning that Prime didn't really have the same popularity Halo did.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

For those of you who are saying "If you want to play halo go play halo" (not quoting anyone) what about the people that dont own an xbox? I myself had an xbox 360 but sold it to buy myself a PC to play my standard beautiful games such as battlefield, far cry, skyrim, etc. I myself want a Wii U to play arcade and Nintendo exclusives such as CoD, Madden and all Nintendo Titles and since i cannot play halo in my home, i would love to have a sci-fi shooter on my Wii u shelf. BTW i grabbed halo as an example, and in my honest opinion, why would metroid turn into an abomination? Every console has its own sci-fi shooter, the xbox has halo, Resistance (if it fits in sci-fi) has a very decent campaign and a very good multiplayer. Before you guys say that i should buy an xbox if I want to play halo, I dont want to, I want the Wii U to be my go to console to play my Console games.

Remember guys that halo started off without an online multiplayer, I do not know if Resistance 1 did have, but in my opinion its time for Metroid to be a great campaign and multiplayer experience, and be the FPS shooter that Every Wii U owner can say "It is a must have".

PAIN_Psycho

It's not so much about telling you to play Halo, Resistance, or any other sci-fi shooter as it is the standard Metroid experience not being the best choice to try to make a multiplayer mode out of. Your points are understandable, but the kind of shooting experience that you're looking for isn't really Metroid's strongest suit. Think of it this way. Metroid's a game that just so happens to have shooting in it, but it's not a shooter. That would be like asking Earthworm Jim to be made a FPS; it's just not what the game intends to be, and by making changes to accomodate for it being a shooter, it's likely to hurt to original experience.

I think the majority of Metroid fans would simply want the series to be defined as an adventure with shooting moreso than a straight-up shooter. Maybe it's warranted or maybe it's out of some sort of fear, but it is what it is. That doesn't mean that the Wii U can't still provide the kind of FPS you're looking for, provided that a developer steps up to the plate, however.

LOSTLEAD8R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#19 LOSTLEAD8R
Member since 2009 • 473 Posts

I think Star Fox would make for a better halo multiplayer like style. Mostly due to how much I liked assualts multiplayer. (not dogfights, on foot was far better). But I wouldn't be opposed to Metroid multiplayer

pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#20 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

I think Metroid could be a good multiplayer game, but I think it would probably be funnier (and more memorable :P) if Mario had his own shooter game:lol:. I mean, he's been in every sports game possible and has been in Dance Dance Revolution, a typing game, etc... so why not a first person shooter? :P

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

If Nintendo wants to make a good console FPS, then MAKE A NEW IP. That sort of gameplay has no place in Metroid.

VendettaRed07

perhaps the multiplayer would be outsourced llike with 343 studios and Halo reach. the Metroid universe has squads of soldiers in it (MP3 and other M showed them off), so why not? it would play entirely differently to the main story with different game mechanics closer to COD (but not quite....) just like Batman Imposters shares very little similarites to Batman Arkham City but simply uses the same art assests.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zeviander
Before you guys say that i should buy an xbox if I want to play halo, I dont want to, I want the Wii U to be my go to console to play my Console games.PAIN_Psycho
You'll learn with time that in order to truly enjoy gaming, you'll probably have to own all the consoles, handhelds and a capable PC. Lest you miss out on an exclusive. Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 are both on PC and probably still have decent populations, so your complaints about not having access to a good sci fi shooter are unfounded.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zeviander
I think Metroid could be a good multiplayer game, but I think it would probably be funnier (and more memorable :P) if Mario had his own shooter game:lol:. I mean, he's been in every sports game possible and has been in Dance Dance Revolution, a typing game, etc... so why not a first person shooter? :Ppspitus
Needs moar Banjo: Tooie - Jinjo Dark (or whatever it was called).
PAIN_Psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PAIN_Psycho

[QUOTE="PAIN_Psycho"]Before you guys say that i should buy an xbox if I want to play halo, I dont want to, I want the Wii U to be my go to console to play my Console games.Zeviander
You'll learn with time that in order to truly enjoy gaming, you'll probably have to own all the consoles, handhelds and a capable PC. Lest you miss out on an exclusive. Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 are both on PC and probably still have decent populations, so your complaints about not having access to a good sci fi shooter are unfounded.

I do know that i can play halo: combat evolved and halo 2 on pc, my point is, I want a Wii U exclusive Multiplayer FPS, im not saying that i cant play halo since alot of friends own an xbox.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

If Nintendo can expand the MP Hunters multiplayer, it could possibly be.

thetravman

Echoes attempted and failed miserably. Metroid is about exploring by oneself. It is not a brand that could sell a multiplayer experience. Nintendo would be much better off investing in a new IP and company, to build them a new game, than to try and force Metroid into a mould it was never meant to fit.Zeviander

^what they said.

Assuming the next Metroid would be Prime 4, it could feature a MP mode that would expand and improve upon MP Hunters from the DS and that would be "it".

But at the same time, Metroid has always been a solitary experience and a MP mode feels a bit "out of place" in it.

If they really wanted a exclusive MP FPS that could be their answer to Halo and CoD, they should try to obtain the exclusive rights for the TimeSplitters franchise or something along those lines.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it wouldn't suprise me if retros next game was metroid prime 4 and it will have full online multiplayer also..

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

Metroid is about exploring by oneself. It is not a brand that could sell a multiplayer experience. Nintendo would be much better off investing in a new IP and company, to build them a new game, than to try and force Metroid into a mould it was never meant to fit.Zeviander
This. Trying to shoehorn Metroid into the Halo multiplayer mold, just because it's the only IP Nintendo has resembling an FPS, did not and will work. I'd also rather see Nintendo create a new IP.

While they're at it, they could make some new single-player IPs as well...

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Star Fox is better suited for that. A spin-off where you play as Galactic Federation soldiers in the Metroid universe but doesn't carry the Metroid name? Maybe.