Do most WiiU games support the Classic Controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

If they do, do you get full functionality, completely playable? I like the console, do not like the regular gamepad for it.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chriscoolguy

I mean't the pro controller, how many games do you have to have the two screen?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

your going to buy a 300$ console so you can play all ther games with a peripheral?

even when the gamepad is the exact same thing except with a screen in the middle?

ridiculous...

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Since people don't seem willing to help on here, I'll give you an answer.

Most games on the Wii U are now supported by the pro controller. I can only think of a couple (Lego City Undercover and ZombiU, for example) that don't allow you to use anything other than the Gamepad.

One of the really cool, and actually very next-gen feeling, feature of the Wii U is that most games coming out now will automatically recognize any combination of controllers on the fly. For example, if your Gamepad is dying in Mario 3d World, simply pressing a button on the pro controller will let you pick up right where you left off, immediately.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

The GAMEPAD IS A DAMN NORMAL CONTROLLER IT JUST DOES EXTRA STUFF. My gosh this annoys me so much.

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

Yes, most games support it.

@KBFloYd said:

your going to buy a 300$ console so you can play all ther games with a peripheral?

even when the gamepad is the exact same thing except with a screen in the middle?

ridiculous...

I purchased a Wii U so I could play some fantastic games. Being stuck with the gamepad is just something I have to live with. It's not the same as a normal controller. It's bulky and while it's fairly comfortable to hold, it's not the same a normal controller.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

The GAMEPAD IS A DAMN NORMAL CONTROLLER IT JUST DOES EXTRA STUFF. My gosh this annoys me so much.

It's understandable if people prefer the feel of the classic controller pro though.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KBFloYd

@--Thomas-- said:

Yes, most games support it.

@KBFloYd said:

ridiculous...

I purchased a Wii U so I could play some fantastic games. Being stuck with the gamepad is just something I have to live with. It's not the same as a normal controller. It's bulky and while it's fairly comfortable to hold, it's not the same a normal controller.

so its a bit bulkier.... what...so you cant play shooters and fighters now? you suck at using it? what ? its the same as a normal controller.

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

so its a bit bulkier.... what...so you cant play shooters and fighters now? you suck at using it? what ? its the same as a normal controller.

So you're saying that the form factor has no importance at all? Only the buttons matter? It's not just bulkier, it's an entirely different shape. Most traditional controllers are shaped the way they are becuase it's a form factor that works. I'm not saying that the Wii U gamepad is awful, it's a huge step forward compared to the Wii remote and nunchuck, which in my opinion were pretty darn awful in most cases. It's just not as good as a normal controller.

To each his own. Some people prefer the gamepad and others prefer a traditional controller. It's good that there are options, don't you think? If playing with a normal controller makes the game more enjoyable for some people, then what's the problem? No need to criticise people because of their preference, as you did in your first post.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chriscoolguy

Before getting rude why not find out WHY I asked the question. I don't like the fact that the battery only lasts about 3 hours. I am going to be playing the games with my family and I don't have enough money to purchase 3 additional game pads with the screens - they are too expensive. And I don't know if it will be so big it's uncomfortable or not, I also don't know if I trust me 5 year old to be using a $100 gamepad she could drop it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KBFloYd

@chriscoolguy said:

Before getting rude why not find out WHY I asked the question. I don't like the fact that the battery only lasts about 3 hours. I am going to be playing the games with my family and I don't have enough money to purchase 3 additional game pads with the screens - they are too expensive. And I don't know if it will be so big it's uncomfortable or not, I also don't know if I trust me 5 year old to be using a $100 gamepad she could drop it.

hello TC,

there is an extended battery that gives you up to 7 or more hours of playtime..you might like to get it...i did.

and yes if you were playing with more than one person then i understand the need for pro controllers.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

If you're gonna be playing for an extended amount of time, the tablet controller is going to run out of juice. The Wii U Pro Controller is the way to go if you want to play games without having to worry about charging your controller. It's pretty much compatible with most games and is quite comfortable.

Bigtakilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bigtakilla
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

I'd say try using the Gamepad, because a pro controller could get expensive, but if you have people who will play split screen coop, it may be a good investment anyways. If you are the only one who is gonna play it, I'd suggest just getting use to the gamepad because it supports off tv play, which is convenient, and you would be surprised how often you will use it. Do all their games support the pro controller? I don't think the early ones do but I find it had to think that any of the newer games would skip the ability to use it.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#14  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Since people don't seem willing to help on here, I'll give you an answer.

Most games on the Wii U are now supported by the pro controller. I can only think of a couple (Lego City Undercover and ZombiU, for example) that don't allow you to use anything other than the Gamepad.

One of the really cool, and actually very next-gen feeling, feature of the Wii U is that most games coming out now will automatically recognize any combination of controllers on the fly. For example, if your Gamepad is dying in Mario 3d World, simply pressing a button on the pro controller will let you pick up right where you left off, immediately.

This.

@chriscoolguy said:

I don't get why people decided to fire at your over a simple question. It's the internet - go figure. To preserve the gamepad, consider getting a silicone cover and screen protector. I decided to get those items shortly before my fiance and her 4 year old moved in. It has been an excellent investment, as I've noticed no damage whatsoever from regular use. Plus, the cover keeps fingerprint buildup from forming on the glossy gamepad surface(which put my OCD into overdrive). The screen protector makes images a bit fuzzy, but it's not going to ruin your experience.

I have two Pro controllers and they're excellent. My first one, which I bought in January, didn't need to be recharged until October. The battery is crazy good. I like the design, too.

These are the items I got, in case you were curious:

Silicone Cover

Screen Protector

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

Here's the website I always check. It's updated regularly and includes VC titles.

http://www.giantbomb.com/wii-u-pro-controller-support/3015-7591/

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

ridiculous...

Gosh! You are starting to sound like that other poster you always give hell too.

Some people like a smaller controller, like myself to play certain games. Not every player had large hands to play more precision games.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

Yeah, you can even use the classic controller pro to play older Wii games.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KBFloYd

@dbtbandit67 said:

Yeah, you can even use the classic controller pro to play older Wii games.

no...wiiU pro controller can only be used for wiiU games.

the classic controller is only used for the wii and maybe a couple wiiU games.

@calway55 said:
@KBFloYd said:

ridiculous...

Gosh! You are starting to sound like that other poster you always give hell too.

Some people like a smaller controller, like myself to play certain games. Not every player had large hands to play more precision games.

it just upsets me that people want every console to be the same ... they dont want to try something different or have no opinion of their own.