Did you guys read the news about the DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that his company plans to roll out a series of "practical" DS functionalities which "will be useful in places like train stations, amusement parks or museums."

That's a little of it, but I was wondering, does it mean that there will be another remake of the DS?

Pinkygirl007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Pinkygirl007
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
Well maybe like hotspots... for trainstations, and stuff like that maybe u can access like train routes and so forth. and maps
HelloMokona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HelloMokona
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts

I hope it is just services or peripherals... I don't want to be tempted into buying yet another handheld "upgrade".

Certainly sounds interesting though. It seems like it would be so obvious for a country like Japan, using more of the wi-fi capabilities and the portability of it... almost everyone over there has a DS it seems.

Vegetaxxssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Vegetaxxssj4
Member since 2002 • 1545 Posts
It will be interesting to see what Nintendo has in store for the DS. *Mind starts to race*
thegamemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 thegamemonkey
Member since 2007 • 3234 Posts

How would a DS be practical in an amusement park?

Pinkygirl007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pinkygirl007

thegamemonkey

Well probably get the map of the amusement park.. and maybe give u information about the amusement and tell u what r the most popular rides or if there's any promotions going on so forth .. i guess

Pinkygirl007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pinkygirl007

thegamemonkey

Well probably get the map of the amusement park.. and maybe give u information about the amusement and tell u what r the most popular rides or if there's any promotions going on so forth .. i guess

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
what was the sp2?
Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts
The GBA SP2 just had a brighter backlight.
the_freeman92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_freeman92
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
it sounds good but that ll be a hard task for them since they would have to maybe do it to every trainstation or amusement park
DarkFire716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 DarkFire716
Member since 2007 • 514 Posts
ive heard there already doing that at certain baseball stadiums, where you can order food from where your sitting with the DS. but you have to pay money to do that, and you can only do it while in the stadium (DUH).i think you pay and have to do the DS download thing on your DS, but i didnt hear anything about map of the stadium or anything.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
ive heard there already doing that at certain baseball stadiums, where you can order food from where your sitting with the DS. but you have to pay money to do that, and you can only do it while in the stadium (DUH).i think you pay and have to do the DS download thing on your DS, but i didnt hear anything about map of the stadium or anything.DarkFire716
It's actually only at Seattle's Safeco Field, and that is because Nintendo of America owns the major league Seattle Mariners team. There are replays, trivia, and you can order food, yeah.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I can just see it having city maps you scroll through with the touch screen, and mark certian places on the map. Nothing to useful for me to go out and buy another NDS
hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts

I can just see it having city maps you scroll through with the touch screen, and mark certian places on the map. Nothing to useful for me to go out and buy another NDSWSGRandomPerson

Same here.

Wow I've quoted you a few times today.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
It sounds interesting but it also sounds like it will end up being specific to Japan.
faultyerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 faultyerror
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

It sounds interesting but it also sounds like it will end up being specific to Japan.Articuno76

Yeh, but if it's eventually released worldwide, Nintendo would take over the world! There wouldn't be any reason for ANYONE NOT to have a DS.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

[QUOTE="Articuno76"]It sounds interesting but it also sounds like it will end up being specific to Japan.faultyerror

Yeh, but if it's eventually released worldwide, Nintendo would take over the world! There wouldn't be any reason for ANYONE NOT to have a DS.

I'd imagine it would reach epidemic where carrying a DS would be mandatory or risk getting shot on site...*shivers*

Flat316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Flat316
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
I'm guessing train stations will have download maps through download and play, Gamespot has games for download play so it would so much easier to make a map that u can download since all it's just an image. Could be cool and unsuspectingly useful, but nothing i want to put my tax dollars toward.
bernieberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bernieberry
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
I don't think we will see a re-make of the DS any time soon. They are coming out with lots of new colors though. The DS lite will be around for a while longer before they do a re-make.
Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkFire716"]ive heard there already doing that at certain baseball stadiums, where you can order food from where your sitting with the DS. but you have to pay money to do that, and you can only do it while in the stadium (DUH).i think you pay and have to do the DS download thing on your DS, but i didnt hear anything about map of the stadium or anything.bluezy
It's actually only at Seattle's Safeco Field, and that is because Nintendo of America owns the major league Seattle Mariners team. There are replays, trivia, and you can order food, yeah.

AWESOME. Have you gone yourself? Or you've just heard?

vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts

thegamemonkey

LOL. It would get nasty if you dropped it.:lol: