Concerning the DS's Graphical Capabilities

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

Hi guys, you don't usually find me posting on the DS forums but I have an interesting question to ask about the DS.

I am curious about what the Niintendo DS is capable of graphically. I have been told that the Nintendo DS is basically a souped up Nintendo 64, and I have seen it do advanced effects such as cel-shading that were never seen on the 64. Still, I have my doubts of whether or not the DS could run some of the 64's most graphically intensive titles. Could the DS really display the large world, detailed of Ocarina of Time, the advanced effects of Perfect Dark, and the striking detail in Conker's Bad Fur Day?

What is the DS really capable of?

Avatar image for phantomblackedg
phantomblackedg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 phantomblackedg
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
I was quite skepticle at first to. But once you play super Mario 64 ds you will realise how much better the graphics are. The final fantasy 3 game also shows great graphics. It is not quite as good as the psp in graphics but close. Think of it as a portable ps 1
walkair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 walkair
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

I was quite skepticle at first to. But once you play super Mario 64 ds you will realise how much better the graphics are. The final fantasy 3 game also shows great graphics. It is not quite as good as the psp in graphics but close. Think of it as a portable ps 1phantomblackedg

You will realise that the graphics are much better than what?It says it can do N64 graphics,but i don't see any game with N64 graphics on it.And N64 had better graphics than PS1 as far as i remember.It was the same with GBA,they said it's the same as SNES,but it wasn't.Look at DK games on the GBA,they look like crap compared to the ones on SNES.Nintendo is really pissing me off with lying about the capabilities of their handheld consoles.

MarcioLucca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MarcioLucca
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts

Comparing Super Mario 64 (N64 and DS) versions you see clearly the smaller resolution, even the DS screen being smaller.

Actually it's not the graphical capabilities that makes DS amusing. I had a PSP before and can tell the PSP is very superior in graphical resources, but the gameplay in the DS is far better and entertaining.

Concisely, Nintendo don't bet anymore in technical specs or superiority. It's plain and fair fun.

Avatar image for _great_waddles_
_great_waddles_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _great_waddles_
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts

[QUOTE="phantomblackedg"]I was quite skepticle at first to. But once you play super Mario 64 ds you will realise how much better the graphics are. The final fantasy 3 game also shows great graphics. It is not quite as good as the psp in graphics but close. Think of it as a portable ps 1walkair

You will realise that the graphics are much better than what?It says it can do N64 graphics,but i don't see any game with N64 graphics on it.And N64 had better graphics than PS1 as far as i remember.It was the same with GBA,they said it's the same as SNES,but it wasn't.Look at DK games on the GBA,they look like crap compared to the ones on SNES.Nintendo is really pissing me off with lying about the capabilities of their handheld consoles.

Im sick of brats spewin lies. First: Nintendo never said it can pull off N64 Graphics. People did, Nintendo didnt. Same with the GBA.

Just because no DS game has come out looking its best doesnt mean they wont. As time goes on, Graphics get better. Watch FF3's intro, never seen the GameCube pull that off, let alone the N64.

I believe I read an article saying its like an Overclocked N64 in someways. However, aprojectionTV will produce a crisper image thenourscreen.No, it wont stun with graphics, but, its good enough.

walkair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 walkair
[QUOTE="walkair"]

[QUOTE="phantomblackedg"]I was quite skepticle at first to. But once you play super Mario 64 ds you will realise how much better the graphics are. The final fantasy 3 game also shows great graphics. It is not quite as good as the psp in graphics but close. Think of it as a portable ps 1_great_waddles_

Im sick of brats spewin lies. First: Nintendo never said it can pull off N64 Graphics. People did, Nintendo didnt. Same with the GBA.

Just because no DS game has come out looking its best doesnt mean they wont. As time goes on, Graphics get better. Watch FF3's intro, never seen the GameCube pull that off, let alone the N64.

I believe I read an article saying its like an Overclocked N64 in someways. However, aprojectionTV will produce a crisper image thenourscreen.No, it wont stun with graphics, but, its good enough.

SNES:16-bit CPU 3.58 mhz,WRAM for CPU:128kb,VRAM:16kb,Max color on screen:256,total colors available:32,768,SPRITES 128 max size 64x64,8 bit 8 channel Sony

GBA:32 bit ARM 16.7 mhz,with embedded memory RISC,256kb WRAM,VRAM 32kb + 96 kb in CPU,32.768 colors,SPRITES 128 max size 64x64,8 bit 2 channel + GBC sound.

So basicly,GBA should lose to SNES only in sound quality.I'm too tired to look for DS vs N64 specs right now.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

gba is 32 bit snes is 16 bit ,,, gbas obviously better. play duke nukem advance or nfs porshe unleashed even driver 2 advance and top gear rally clearly snes couldnt handle it at least without a specail chip ... known as the super fx

the ds is a portable 64 super mario 64, mariokartds new super mario bros and metroid prove that even goldeneye rogue agent and call of duty 4 ... yes psp has better graphics but that takes away from the battery .. as does the disc format /umd format the games are on ,, also the big screen and speakers take away from psp battery life hence why sony is charging you 45$ more for a better battery which still probably cant come close to a ds or ds lites battery life

nintendo wants games not technical supierity and no games,,, like psp hence why psp only gets all ps2 and ps1 like games

rogeliozim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 rogeliozim
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
The DS's GPU clearly out pwnds the N64's GPU. if you ever play metroid prime:hunters or mario kart:DS you can get a pretty good sense of the DS's graphic capabilities. now w/ metroid in particular as a shooter it performs flawless on the DS, I don't think that you dould ever get actoin going that fast on the PSP.
Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
So does the DS outdo the N64 in every aspect? I have seen amazing games likke Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS but am still skeptical if they could run large games like Ocarina of Time and games will tons of effects like Perfect Dark.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
the DS should be able to run ocarina of time easily. i wish they would make a remake of the game
DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
The limitations I would imagine are in the software not the Hardware. Nintendo proved with SM64 that it can pull of N64 quality. However larger games I"m not sure could fit on the cartridges. That is my guess why they haven't ported more games.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
i thought the DS was only a little less graphically power than the Dreamcast
rogeliozim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogeliozim

but am still skeptical if they could run large games like Ocarina of Time Emmenite7

well that's not a question weather or not the DS GPU coulds handel a game like that, it's more of a qusetion if the DS has enough RAM and CPU procsseing power to do it. I belive that DS dose, cuz with the expation pak you had to put in the N64 for perfect dark and other games, it brought the N64 to 4 MB of RAM. the DS on the other hans has 4MB of RAM that's probbly better than he N64's. the N64 had a 98MHz processor running at 64-bits, the DS has one 33MHz porcessor (for the lower screen) and one 67MHz processor (for the top screen) bot running at 64-bits adding up to 100MHz.so my answer is yes that DS could handel a game like ocarina of time...with more effects and better GFX

aries8269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 aries8269
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

The limitations I would imagine are in the software not the Hardware. Nintendo proved with SM64 that it can pull of N64 quality. However larger games I"m not sure could fit on the cartridges. That is my guess why they haven't ported more games.DeliriumGlo

Not only have there been major advancements in software but hardware as well since the N64 days. Software compression is better so you can fit more onto cards. The size of memory modules is constantly increasing and thus becoming cheaper. it wouldnt take much to have a 2GB cart (most of the N64 games didnt even reach 512 meg if I remember right but ill look that one up).

The DS's best graphical capabilities is in scaling effects. It's abililty to scale objects from foreground to background creates for some amazing effects. The PSP on the other hand specializes in polygon based graphical capabilities and yes it does it very well. There are some areas that it actually can compare to the PS2. It really isnt fair to compare graphical abilities of any system to another (PS3 and 360 are prime examples...there are things the PS3 can do that the 360 cant and vice versa). The real comparison should be the games that are out for each system and comparing the systems based on the quality of games each has. In that respect, I would have to vote for the DS hands down though I own both a DS and PSP.

Avatar image for hollabackitsobi
hollabackitsobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hollabackitsobi
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The limitations I would imagine are in the software not the Hardware. Nintendo proved with SM64 that it can pull of N64 quality. However larger games I"m not sure could fit on the cartridges. That is my guess why they haven't ported more games.DeliriumGlo

ThelargestN64gameisonefourththesizeofthelargestDSgame.ResidentEvil2portedfromthePSOnehadaspecial(andVERYexpensivebackthen)64MBcartridge.ThebiggestDSgame,theJapanonly(fornow)ArchaicSealedHeat,is256MB.NormallythelargestsizeupuntilnowforDSgameshasbeen128MB.GameslikeFinalfantasyIIIandRevenantWingsare128MB.Metroid,Zelda,andCallofDuty4areall64MB.BrainAge2,AnimalCrossing,andNSMBare32MB.BrainAgeis16MB.BigBrainAcademyis8MB.Thosearethecategoriesofsizes.

kingkui12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kingkui12
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
Graphics dont matter, fun does.
VRN-KingS-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VRN-KingS-
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

So does the DS outdo the N64 in every aspect? I have seen amazing games likke Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS but am still skeptical if they could run large games like Ocarina of Time and games will tons of effects like Perfect Dark.Emmenite7

The DS is capable of alot, and I reckon its still capable of alot ore than people are allowing it at the moment. Like any console game it takes time to learn its limits and patience and commitment on the game developer/publishers part to make it of a high standard.

As for effects (Perfect Dark) The good ol Hunters rivals it quite easily especially online.
As for copious amounts of space again Hunters performs well, as does Zelda, Final Fantasy and so forth. But do remember this is a handheld and there will be some trade offs. Not many games can pull off graphics and mass landscapes that well. Even some PC games have toruble doing it well and theyre thousands of times stronger than the lil' DS.

walkair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 walkair

gba is 32 bit snes is 16 bit ,,, gbas obviously better. play duke nukem advance or nfs porshe unleashed even driver 2 advance and top gear rally clearly snes couldnt handle it at least without a specail chip ... known as the super fx

mariokart64fan

That's what i'm talking about...So why do Donkey Kong games on GBA,look like crap compared to the original SNES versions?

Luigi7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Luigi7007
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts
The Ds's graphics seem to lack seriousness in some games, (like new super mario bros, mario kart) but that makes it special and unique. I love the graphic style. And even in games like Metroid: Prime Hunters, you can see that it has the graphical capability of some psp games, which is priced 100 quid above the ds
ultimateblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ultimateblue
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

the ds is really missing the smoothing feature (i forgot the tech term) that the n64 had. that was the thing that kept the n64 blurry. with the DS and its polygon count (as well as smaller res) that feature would make the graphics shine. it is well known that more graphical power can be squeezed out of it, but at a cost of one of the screens, as it cant handle full power on both. that why im such a proponent of nintendo releasing a memory expansion or a stand alone coprocessor in the gba slot. id gladly pay for such a device but not if it takes too long to come out (if at all).

i also wish these lazy devs would push the system further. i really dont want to see a game that can be made on the GBA on the DS with touchscreen features. its insulting.

rogeliozim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogeliozim

the ds is really missing the smoothing feature (i forgot the tech term) that the n64 had. that was the thing that kept the n64 blurry.

ultimateblue

ya I thought that gave that N64 more supiriority over the PS1 in GFX when it came out. I don't thnk that the DS dosen't need that "blurry" graphical effect because the GFX on the DS are really crisp and the textures are really sharp. Look at that difference between Riged Racer64 and Riged Racer64 DS, then you'll kno wat I mean.And I kinda think that the DS could use a burry effect just to help with certin texturs in games.

ultimateblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ultimateblue
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
[QUOTE="ultimateblue"]

the ds is really missing the smoothing feature (i forgot the tech term) that the n64 had. that was the thing that kept the n64 blurry.

rogeliozim

ya I thought that gave that N64 more supiriority over the PS1 in GFX when it came out. I don't thnk that the DS dosen't need that "blurry" graphical effect because the GFX on the DS are really crisp and the textures are really sharp. Look at that difference between Riged Racer64 and Riged Racer64 DS, then you'll kno wat I mean.And I kinda think that the DS could use a burry effect just to help with certin texturs in games.

exactly. i agree it dont need alot, just mostly on backgrounds and other little things when the jaggies get out of control.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
nintendo ds 67 mhz cpu 33 mhz gpu n64 93 mhz and 62.5 gpu thats just what wikipedia said though :)
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

the ds is really missing the smoothing feature (i forgot the tech term) that the n64 had

ultimateblue
i beleive its called "Trilinear Filtering"
RaymondIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RaymondIV
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts

nintendo ds 67 mhz cpu 33 mhz gpu n64 93 mhz and 62.5 gpu thats just what wikipedia said though :)dkdk999

Good answer! I don't know what any of that means but it's to the point! :lol: And sure, the DS can pull off 3D quite well but it's no N64.

rogeliozim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rogeliozim
nintendo ds 67 mhz cpu 33 mhz gpu n64 93 mhz and 62.5 gpu thats just what wikipedia said though :)dkdk999
you interpeted your facts wrong. The DS has 2 CPUs in it. One ARM9IME CPU running and 67MHz at 64-bits (That's the CPU that controls the DS's top screen and it the DS's primary CPU). And a second CPU witch is a ARM7 running at 33MHz at 64/32-bits (that's the CPU that gives the DS it's GBA capabilities, cuz the AMR7 CPU is the one ued in the original GBA, execpt the one in the DS is more beefed up [from 16.5MHz at 32-bits] and has a 64bit bus that can change to 32bits when you play GBA games. And it's the CPU for the lower screen, and the DS's secondary CPU). I don't kno wat the GPU specs are but I can tell you that the GPU in the DS out pwnds the GPU in the N64.
m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

[QUOTE="dkdk999"]nintendo ds 67 mhz cpu 33 mhz gpu n64 93 mhz and 62.5 gpu thats just what wikipedia said though :)rogeliozim
you interpeted your facts wrong. The DS has 2 CPUs in it. One ARM9IME CPU running and 67MHz at 64-bits (That's the CPU that controls the DS's top screen and it the DS's primary CPU). And a second CPU witch is a ARM7 running at 33MHz at 64/32-bits (that's the CPU that gives the DS it's GBA capabilities, cuz the AMR7 CPU is the one ued in the original GBA, execpt the one in the DS is more beefed up [from 16.5MHz at 32-bits] and has a 64bit bus that can change to 32bits when you play GBA games. And it's the CPU for the lower screen, and the DS's secondary CPU). I don't kno wat the GPU specs are but I can tell you that the GPU in the DS out pwnds the GPU in the N64.

holy bejeezus

DespizingU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DespizingU
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

After playing Revnant Wings and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, I have no doubt that the DS can do anything the 64 did, and then some.

Butreally,evenafterplayingSuperMario64DS,Iprettymuchknewthisalready.

Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts

There a lot of games coming out with outstanding graphics. Here are a few examples:

FF4, Tales of Innocence(not announced for us i think...), Dragon quest, ASH

brito_cl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 brito_cl
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Yeah...It's true. There's a lot of new games with outstanding graphics.I saw pics from Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword andit has awesome graphics.

brito_cl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 brito_cl
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Yeah...It's true. There's a lot of new games with outstanding graphics.I saw pics from Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword andit has awesome graphics.

especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

walkair

That's what i'm talking about...So why do Donkey Kong games on GBA,look like crap compared to the original SNES versions?

are they?! last time i played, they're pretty much the same. only the first donkey kong country sucked compared to the snes.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

DS's graphic capabilities are in the layman's terms "A Super64." From what I've played and seen, the framerate and graphics beat out N64's for the most part. When you ask about the sprawling landscapes of Ocarina or the worlds of Mario, those have more to do with capacity. The DS's cartridges are quite a little powerhouse. It's just a matter of time before publishers finally realize this and start putting out some of the most fantastic graphical games for the system.

Sadly, it seems easier to just push out casual games for the system much like the Wii, that don't necessarily capitalize on the graphic abilities as much as the ease of use catering to the casuals.

Avatar image for chrism_scotland
chrism_scotland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chrism_scotland
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts
Just waiting to get my DS at Christmas but certainly from playing Mario 64 DS on an emulator it looks as good as if not better than the original on the 64,
GS16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 GS16
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
The DS has more to offer graphically than people seem to think. Developers just need to push the system to its limits.
rogeliozim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogeliozim
The DS has more to offer graphically than people seem to think. Developers just need to push the system to its limits.GS16
exatcly. Ithink it's just hard for developers to do that since the DS has such limited GFX capabilities that it might discourage developers from making realy good graphical games for it.
Kbs64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Kbs64
Member since 2003 • 691 Posts
If you guys remember (the Nintendo Power Magazine stated) that Super Mario 64 only used 60% of the processing power of the Nintendo 64. So of course the Nintendo DS could handle the Super Mario 64 DS. Also keep in mind that do to advances in programing technique's that we are able program far more efficiently then the Nintendo 64 heyday. Thus creating more realistic graphics without taking a huge hit on the system that is being used.
rogeliozim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogeliozim
If you guys remember (the Nintendo Power Magazine stated) that Super Mario 64 only used 60% of the processing power of the Nintendo 64. So of course the Nintendo DS could handle the Super Mario 64 DS. Also keep in mind that do to advances in programing technique's that we are able program far more efficiently then the Nintendo 64 heyday. Thus creating more realistic graphics without taking a huge hit on the system that is being used.Kbs64
ya thats a good point. Thats probly why devlopers can make games w/ better gfx and online capablities, using a littel more processing power than the N64.
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts
The DS may be more powerfull overall, but the textures are so low res it is almost disgusting. It is for this reason that I think some n64 games look so much better than the DS. Of course their is always mini-mapping (I hope that is the right term^_^), where they break detailed textures into smaller ones, like in bad fur day.
rogeliozim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogeliozim
The DS may be more powerfull overall, but the textures are so low res it is almost disgusting. It is for this reason that I think some n64 games look so much better than the DS. Of course their is always mini-mapping (I hope that is the right term^_^), where they break detailed textures into smaller ones, like in bad fur day.fiscope
have you played Metroid prime hunters? cuz there are some pretty awesome 32-bit textures in that game. most DS games have 16-bit textures, I guess it's to save RAM in the DS and memory on the game card. and yes there are some games w/ crapy textures and it look like s***. But not always.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

[QUOTE="phantomblackedg"]I was quite skepticle at first to. But once you play super Mario 64 ds you will realise how much better the graphics are. The final fantasy 3 game also shows great graphics. It is not quite as good as the psp in graphics but close. Think of it as a portable ps 1walkair

Erm...the GBA was more powerful than the SNES, considerably so, it just had certain memory limitations and resolution limitations, generally games like Gunster Super Heroes are above anything the SNES could've done.

I don't think the DS can do large worlds like OOT, and I've seen nothing to contradict that as of yet. If it is more powerful its not in a way that translates to a visual difference.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="_great_waddles_"][QUOTE="walkair"]

SNES:16-bit CPU 3.58 mhz,WRAM for CPU:128kb,VRAM:16kb,Max color on screen:256,total colors available:32,768,SPRITES 128 max size 64x64,8 bit 8 channel Sony

GBA:32 bit ARM 16.7 mhz,with embedded memory RISC,256kb WRAM,VRAM 32kb + 96 kb in CPU,32.768 colors,SPRITES 128 max size 64x64,8 bit 2 channel + GBC sound.

So basicly,GBA should lose to SNES only in sound quality.I'm too tired to look for DS vs N64 specs right now.

You've just owned youself by showing yourself that the GBA should be ahead of the SNES in everything but sound quality. Hate to break it to you, but tech specs of a finalised product are 100% accurate, the only problem is misinterpretation of what the numbers mean. If the numbers are higher, they are higher PERIOD. They don't make these numbers up, they have to give them to their corporate partners who help contruct the console and such as well as to various health and saftey organisations and so on.

poetsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 poetsoul
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

To sum up: The DS is technically capable of reproducing any Nintendo 64 game, even the large ones. The reason that no games have been made for the DS in the mode of The Lengend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, is because game producers have as yet not chosen to do so, not because they are unable.

And to follow up on what someone said about cartridges: In an age when USB sticks can be made to fit 20 GB in a space comparable to the size of the DS cartridge, size is not really a limitation on DS games. It's really all about the money. Production of the larger cartridges is expensive, and so is paying programmers the extra hours to fill that space.

In the grand scheme of things, Nintendo's goal is to make a product for the casual gamer that the hardcore audience can in some way appreciate. Until DS programmers start focusing on creating games of higher complexity, DS players are doomed to languish in smaller, less elaborate titles.

P7R8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 P7R8
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
The DS has much better graphics than the N64 . Look at the gaphics of metroid prime hunters and you will know . The N64 would never be able to run that game
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts

_great_waddles_
What :?
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

They're about the same DS is a little more powerful, some DS games blow N64 out of the water though.

Not to mention that developers are more advanced now.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
The technicalities are so minimal, they don't really matter; DS games look better, thanks to the smaller screns (high resolution) and new developer "tricks" (no 64 game can match Ninja Gaiden's 60fps goodness, for example). I think the DS technically is slightly inferior, but you wouldn't know it playing some of these games.