Castlevania: Mirror of Fate - NEW DETAILS!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

[QUOTE="Sora278"]

Ok really just saying but I preordered it at gamestop to at least get the case and return it since I just do not even have the money for it right now.  Anyways the case gamestop gave is just a blank case with a bent up sticker!

El_Zo1212o

I was pretty bummed about that, too, but with patience and a razor blade, you can cut away the edging and the camera lens slots and slip it on between the case and the 3ds lid. It looks great and you can't even tell the sticker was bent. Plus, since the case isn't jointed, and instead is a top half/bottom half dealie, I can use it without swapping my Nyko extended battery out for my old battery.

I have extended battery pack thing from newbie but I will only use it on the road since it is bulky and ugly.  I figure I can just paint on the case eventually so it can be custom.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Sora278"]

Ok really just saying but I preordered it at gamestop to at least get the case and return it since I just do not even have the money for it right now.  Anyways the case gamestop gave is just a blank case with a bent up sticker!

Sora278

I was pretty bummed about that, too, but with patience and a razor blade, you can cut away the edging and the camera lens slots and slip it on between the case and the 3ds lid. It looks great and you can't even tell the sticker was bent. Plus, since the case isn't jointed, and instead is a top half/bottom half dealie, I can use it without swapping my Nyko extended battery out for my old battery.

I have extended battery pack thing from newbie but I will only use it on the road since it is bulky and ugly.  I figure I can just paint on the case eventually so it can be custom.

The Nyko powerpak only sticks out about a quarter or a half inch off the back of the system and it's textured, so it actually makes the system more comfortable to hold. And if you're going to paint it, make sure you paint it from the inside. And post pictures.
Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

El_Zo1212o

The Nyko powerpak only sticks out about a quarter or a half inch off the back of the system and it's textured, so it actually makes the system more comfortable to hold. And if you're going to paint it, make sure you paint it from the inside. And post pictures.

I thought about getting that but I decided against it, I will just get the next 3DS version, there is bound to be one more model and it should be some significant change.  Well of course I would post pictures. lol  I just need a good idea first.  I am not sure about painting the inside though, I really would not want the paint to leave some kind of imprint.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]

The Nyko powerpak only sticks out about a quarter or a half inch off the back of the system and it's textured, so it actually makes the system more comfortable to hold. And if you're going to paint it, make sure you paint it from the inside. And post pictures. Sora278

I thought about getting that but I decided against it, I will just get the next 3DS version, there is bound to be one more model and it should be some significant change.  Well of course I would post pictures. lol  I just need a good idea first.  I am not sure about painting the inside though, I really would not want the paint to leave some kind of imprint.

Heh, I got it supercheap at Best Buy one day- it was on sale for ten bucks, and they gave me half off because the packaging was open and beat to sh!t. 5 bucks to double the battery life. Can't help you with ideas, but the reason I suggested you paint it from the inside is because when you paint a clear surface from the inside, it gives the finished product a glossy professional look. If you're worried about any markings on the lid of your 3ds, you can lay a piece of tissue or paper towel between the lid and the case. If you really want to get fancy, you could use a microfiber cloth. After putting it on and taking it off a couple of times, the excess paint should rub off and you won't need to worry about it any more.