npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I've got the choices of smash edition or the standard grey there's a $100 difference between but the smash comes with smash. I need it for work because I do nothing for 4 hours every night. My misses says get the smash but I'm more of a fan of the characters than the actual game (it's okay I only play it with friends). Which should or would you choose.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if you dont like smash then why get the smash bundle? i suppose the dock is pretty cool with all the nintendo characters on it. but the bundle is 360$ is it worth it?

do you like pokemon? you can get the pokemon bundle for 400$ it has lets go evee/pikachu included. it also has the pokeball plus accessory. the dock also has pikachu on it. put the price is high.

if price is your priority.... then the best deal is the mario kart 8 bundle. its nintendos black friday deal. for 299$ you get a regular switch plus mario kart 8. so basically you are getting mario kart 8 free. this bundle will be released Nov 22. so be quick :)

or you can just get a regular switch now for 299$ and just buy the games you want. its up to you.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I’d say just get the standard one and if you want Smash then buy it separately. I had the gray joy cons then traded them with a buddy for the red and blue and now I kinda miss the gray ones lol.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@npiet1: For you it would seem better to get the standard edition then buy the games you want to play during those four hours.

I'm pretty excited for Smash Ultimate but it's not for everyone. Don't force yourself and buy something you'd rather not.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

@npiet1 said:

I need it for work because I do nothing for 4 hours every night.

Sounds like my friend's security gig in college. He literally had nothing to do but read and watch TV from dusk until dawn.

Anyway, if you don't like Smash Bros. then buy the standard Switch and a game you actually like.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

How about getting the Diablo bundle.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 npiet1

@KBFloYd:Yeah I choose the Smash just for the cool characters. The other issue is, I live in Aus, we don't have that great of choices in bundles.

@dzimm: Work for a gas station overnight in a tiny town. $31/h to play games isn't bad.

@mandzilla: Really don't like diablo, I gave it a solid go like 10 years ago, but couldn't get into it.

I chose the smash edition, just for the characters on the console. Figured I'd play smash with the misses when we get smashed once every 2 weeks.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@npiet1: Sounds good matey, I think the decals on the Smash Switch console look kickass. Now all that's left to decide is which fighter you're gonna main once you get it!

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 npiet1

@mandzilla: Yeah, it doesn't come out for a month so I've got time to figure it out.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

@npiet1 said:

@dzimm: Work for a gas station overnight in a tiny town. $31/h to play games isn't bad.

How the hell do you get $31/hour working the night shift at a small-town gas station that doesn't do enough business to keep you occupied?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 npiet1

@dzimm said:
@npiet1 said:

How the hell do you get $31/hour working the night shift at a small-town gas station that doesn't do enough business to keep you occupied?

I live in Australia, that's minimum wage for nightshift as a gas station attendant. The boss wanted to shut overnight because its a huge loss but the head office said no because its a franchise.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I’ve got the standard one. The neon joycons look very tacky to me.