All the ambassador games are bad except for three of them

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

personally, im liking only super mario bros, wrecking crew and balloon fight. havent played either zelda yet but i didnt really like metroid, yoshi or ice climbers too much.

DustinTheWind
The Legend of Zelda is one of the best games ever, definitely give that one a try guys. It's a little harder and less predictable than the later Zelda's, but definitely worth playing through. Might need a guide if you don't want to wander around aimlessly, but really, it's worth it.

I'm coming around to that opinion myself- over the years I've tried playing Zelda a number of times, but this is the first time I've ever made any actual progress. Aside from it's NES era bonecrushing difficulty, it really is a fine game. As far as guides go, I looked up an overworld map and downloaded a .pdf of the original instruction booklet at zeldacapital.com and it's been about all the guidance I've needed(it helps that the dungeons are numbered on the map). And thanks for answering that other question of mine- I was afraid it was a death-counter. I just bit the big one in dungeon 4 and my count is currently 36.
dr-venkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 dr-venkman
Member since 2006 • 1561 Posts
I cannot believe the whining. Nintendo did NOT have to do any of this. But now I have Zelda 1 & 2, Mario, DK Jr & Metroid on my 3DS. I can't possibly think of anything to complain about as these were completely free. And I'm also shocked at those who don't realize you can save. Like someone else mentioned, the "save state" feature works exactly like the Wii. Just exit the game, and it's saved.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Yes granted you cansave like on the Wii, but you can't back track if you made a critical error.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
I'm going to say that the only poor game of the 10 is Ice Climbers. It has the worst jumping mechanic i've ever played with. I'm more than happy with the others though. Balloon Fight, Mario & Yoshi and Wrecking Crew are surprisingly good and addictive. The rest i've played before and I enjoy them as much now as I did back in the day.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

Super Mario Bros is the best one. I played Zelda II and almost threw up. Good lord.OreoMilkshake
I kinda like it. It's very different, which I don't see as a minus, and the music is awesome. If it wasn't so damn freaking hard, it would be a great game.

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

[QUOTE="DustinTheWind"][QUOTE="bionicle_lover"]

personally, im liking only super mario bros, wrecking crew and balloon fight. havent played either zelda yet but i didnt really like metroid, yoshi or ice climbers too much.

JordanElek

The Legend of Zelda is one of the best games ever, definitely give that one a try guys. It's a little harder and less predictable than the later Zelda's, but definitely worth playing through. Might need a guide if you don't want to wander around aimlessly, but really, it's worth it.

I finished it without a guide* a couple years ago..... That was one of the most satisfying experiences ever. Zelda 2 is also really satisfying to finish, guide or not, because it takes a lot of perseverance and patience and skill to beat it.

I really want to see what I can do with Metroid. I've never gotten more than 20 minutes into that game, so I'm going to see how it goes this time. I've beaten Zero Mission a couple times since I last played the original, so maybe that'll help... a little. Zero Mission is such an amazing game, though....

*I might have used a guide to get through the forest maze, but I don't remember. I don't think that I would have wandered in there aimlessly until I figured it out. That would be the only help I got, though.

I learned The Legend of Zelda by watching my dad play it when I was around six. I played and beat it several times growing up, mostly from memory, having the advantage of seeing my dad play through it. If you think the original game is tough though, try the Second Quest. I didn't beat that until it came out on Wii VC, despite trying several times on the NES when I was younger. Very challenging, but still great fun and sense of accomplishment.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

I like all of them, except for the golf game. But I'm going to try to figure out how to play it and make the most of Nintendo's kind gesture.

metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts
[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Super Mario Bros is the best one. I played Zelda II and almost threw up. Good lord.

Zelda 2 is actually a very good game. In fact, it is one of the best games on the NES. Unless you have gotten the hammer, I don't think you can legitimately call it a bad game because you haven't yet given the game a fair chance.
Hunimyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Hunimyx
Member since 2011 • 39 Posts
I actually really liked Balloon Fight. I never played it before the download, but I fell in love with Balloon Trip! Awesome music and challenge! Next to that, I agree Mario had a bad control layout. Metroid, Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 were all great though, I'll never get bored of those!
LetsPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LetsPlayer
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
Well they're free (for some of us anyway)