Ace Attorney: Anime, DS and 3DS series and live court battle movie. Any objections?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

johnnyauau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1 johnnyauau
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts

I have to say, since "Law and Order", this genre is kind of popular for gamers who like to try out as lawyers with mix results. Example "CSI, Harvey Birdman". The Ace Attorney popularity has its unique spin and pretty much turn this court battle up side down. Even though it's story driven, it's also character driven as well due to how absurd those character stereo types connect with each other in often bizarre and funny ways.

Anyway, I'm starting to grow and love this anime series compare to the "real series". I mean there's nothing wrong with upstanding lawyers and prosecutors having a war with each other. But what's missing in the drama is humour and a gameplay to match this anime timeless comedy.

I was reluctant until now to have this conversation. Share your thoughts on this crazy lawyer genre. Anything that relates to the Ace Attorney series are welcome. So you find this topic, innocent, guilty, not guilty or objections, keep this to a family friendly level please.

Thank you.

johnnyauau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 johnnyauau
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts

Ok. Since this topic has no traction, I might as well add that there's also a movie based on the videogame trilogy on both DS and 3DS. That's just the outline.

When I play those Ace Attorney games, I felt the gameplay, quite as intriguing as Secret Files series. The difference is how over the top characters are, similar to Sakura Wars series but with emphasis on finding a way to solve the case and get the culprit in court. The recent one with "Spirit of Justice", the first ones the funniest, well, let's say a monk rock star was part of the treasure debacle that got the kid tourist in the mix.

I understand if anyone reads, find this boring but do me a favour, try out those games, watch the Japanese movie of the same name, and perhaps watch the anime (if it's available) and give your thoughts on this topic. After all, I'm innocent of this case.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

I really liked the anime. Brought back all the memories from the game.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

If the characters and cases weren't outrageous and over-the-top I don't think this series could even work. I wouldn't have ever even tried the series if it was a serious court case/forensics gaming series.