3ds XL first impressions thread

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Akkou1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Akkou1220
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

call me a Nintendo fanboy but its superior in every way to the OG 3DS! my first impression was today while unboxing it, i took off the protective paper and the bright red just had me in awe! not to mention its curvy body, huge screens and awesome sound! uhh yeah my 3DS had terrible sound...but its amazing on the XL!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Before the xl I thought the vita was much easier to hold and more comfortable. The xl is so nice the bigger LR buttons make it a lot easier.
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

how are the rubber bumps on the screen? do they look like they will protect the top screen from the bottom one?

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#54 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Where is the volume control? On the side like a 3DS or the bottom like a DS Lite? The biggest problem I have w/ my 3DS is I always accidentally bump the volume slider on the left side and treat people seating near me to a wonderful blast of sound effects.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 inb4uall

Where is the volume control? On the side like a 3DS or the bottom like a DS Lite? The biggest problem I have w/ my 3DS is I always accidentally bump the volume slider on the left side and treat people seating near me to a wonderful blast of sound effects.

logicalfrank

left side at the top near the L bumper

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 inb4uall

HOLY crap just got mine todayand wow the screens are huge. THey're even bigger then the screen on my PSP. :shock: Anyway I got blue and it is soooo sexy. You guys were right screen shots don't do these colors justice at all. Waiting for it to charge before I turn it on. God its taking so looooong

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
Way better than the original in every way! Problem I had was with the system transfer. I did it but nothing got transferred over and I lost all my games because it wiped my old 3DS :(
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AutoPilotOn

HOLY crap just got mine todayand wow the screens are huge. THey're even bigger then the screen on my PSP. :shock: Anyway I got blue and it is soooo sexy. You guys were right screen shots don't do these colors justice at all. Waiting for it to charge before I turn it on. God its taking so looooong

inb4uall
I transfered my stuff in the mall before I ever put mine on the charger lol. I love this thing.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
It took a little bit for me to adjust to it, but I like my new XL. Still, while I understand they had to keep costs down I now wish the 3DS had a higher resolution more than ever. The best thing about 3D, imo, is the added immersion but being able to see all the pixels really detracts from that.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

inb4uall

left side at the top near the L bumper

yea..same as the 3ds... i already accidentally lowered the volume once...sigh.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I was going to pick up an XL today but I checked out 2 GameStops and one BestBuy and they were both sold out :x So instead I picked up NSMB2 and MGSHD (Vita for $20). I guess I'll get an XL some other day :P
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AutoPilotOn
I was going to pick up an XL today but I checked out 2 GameStops and one BestBuy and they were both sold out :x So instead I picked up NSMB2 and MGSHD (Vita for $20). I guess I'll get an XL some other day :PKaze_no_Mirai
MGSHD was 20?
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]I was going to pick up an XL today but I checked out 2 GameStops and one BestBuy and they were both sold out :x So instead I picked up NSMB2 and MGSHD (Vita for $20). I guess I'll get an XL some other day :PAutoPilotOn
MGSHD was 20?

Yep and it was new too just that the case was opened since it was used for display. I honestly don't know why it was priced like that since it's not on sale. There was another $20 copy and two other for 40, I belive.