26 years old thinking of getting a 3DS

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a 3ds soon, wanted to know some info first : x .

Is it wierd that someone my age is intrested in the 3ds ? are there any adult themed games on 3ds ?

I'm mainly getting a ds from the pokemon series (huge fan) .

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
Is it wierd that someone my age is intrested in the 3ds ? 3aNkabot
Why would it be weird? I'm 21. Hell for Animal Crossing you'll see alot of people well into their 40s-50s playing. Anyway for adult games no idea but I'm having alot of fun with Pokemon Black 2.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Huge fan of pokemon

questions if the 3DS is not age appropriate

....what? lol both are just fine for your age and any age. a good game is a good game and gaming is by no means for any one age. If you get one, Mario Kart 7 is my favorite game on the system. Resident Evil Revelations is probably the most well received "adult themed game".

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Why would it be weird? I am 28 and I am going to get a 3DS XL solely for Pokemon X or Y
Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

I'm 63 and played games on my DS for YEARS. Great for stress, great for finger suppleness, great for cognition. And besides, I LOVE RPG games and there are a lot of them out there.

But YES. If you THINK you are too old to "play", or are too embarrased, then you probably are. :( You have my sympathies. You need to find a "grownup" hobby.

I probably won't get a 3DS for a few years. I'm waiting for A LOT of my favorite games to show up on 3DS before I get one.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I am 31 and bought a 3ds on launch, bought my GF (who is 26) a pink 3ds, and I traded my original 3ds for a 3ds xl when they came out.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
It is definitely not weird! I don't know where this idea came from that only kids are allowed to own handhelds. I'm 22 and I love my 3DS and I'll continue to play games like Pokemon because they're enjoyable titles. If you really want one, get one! I'd recommend the 3DS XL. I upgraded from my launch 3DS to the 3DS XL yesterday, it's a lot easier to hold in larger hands and the form factor is better than the original.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

It's totally weird!! I mean I'll be 27 in a month and I LOVE my 3DS. Wait a minute...

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 3aNkabot
Thats a relief, ^^ tis great reading all you guys comments, thank you very much :) .
Avatar image for Lebowski__basic
Lebowski__basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lebowski__basic
Member since 2003 • 1252 Posts
37 and I love my 3DS. Very excited about this years releases, especially Pokemon X and Y. A lot of great games already on the system, plus I've grown fond of the e-shop lately for all of the little gems that aren't available at retail. A great purchase whatever age you are.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#11 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Don't get a 3DS. People are gonna think you're a total weenie and maybe even a goober or a spaz.

Also, I should add that playing video games is known to cause blindness in certain lab animals. I mean, obviously a rat is different than a person but these tests were done on mice and guinea pigs so you really need to consider that.

"A man who plays 3DS is less than a man... and also possibly blind."

Marlon Brando in The Godfather

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
dude who cares i'm 22 and play my 3ds. Even at work I would and I see other people of my age playing too. If you love games then who cares what others think and plus the 3ds has pretty good games on it. Definitely worth the purchase imo and even better games coming this year too :) luigi's mansion 2 ftw!
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

OP this is Pokemon in a nutshell and why its appropriate for our age.

hDF9F3689

This takes it a whole lot further.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a 3ds soon, wanted to know some info first : x .

Is it wierd that someone my age is intrested in the 3ds ? are there any adult themed games on 3ds ?

3aNkabot

Does not compute... [spoiler] just joking [/spoiler]

I'm turning 26 next month and can't wait to buy a 3DS XL to replace my lite.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I know people who are in their 40s and 50s and enjoying their 3DSs.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

im 24 and i love my 3ds specially pokemon ones. dont pay attention to the people saying you look like a child or something, just care about you having fun, thats all

slapshakle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 slapshakle
Member since 2004 • 4410 Posts

Grow up mate, leave games to the kids.

:P

(I'm 26 btw, the 3DS is fantastic)

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Im 19 and i will be getting my 3DS soon. I love handhelds. Grew up with them. Still growing with them. :)

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#20 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts
Of course theres nothing wrong with getting a 3DS. Im 26 and i love my 3DS and i wont let anyone tell me im too old to play games, thats just silly. Go ahead and get one and enjoy yourself.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Nope nothing wrong at all...if you grew up with videogames, you're gonna grow old with videogames its just part of life now. 34 here saying hi! :)

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

psh! I only got my 3DS when I was 30 years old! There are plenty of great DS and 3DS adult games, as well as really great non "adult" games but ones they still really enjoy (and should!), like Mario 3D Land for example.

I've had a DS for years before that (had the original version as well as the DS Lite). I still even now would play more regular DS games than 3DS, only because the DS library is a lot more rich.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Any self respecting gamer knows age doesnt mean anything. Im 22 still love Nintendo. I will be 80 in a retirement home still playing Pokemon. You cant out grown games its scientifically impossible.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Psh. Come on man, you think you're too old for games? A lot of my cousins are around the same age as you and they still game. My 50 something year old aunt and uncle love their Wii. And there was also this hilarious story I heard on a special about the gaming company Insomniac. Get this: When they released Spyro the Dragon, grandmas were taking and playing the game with their grandkids because they loved it so much.

Who cares how old you are, there's enough variety in gaming to satisfy everyone, whether you're 3 years old or over 60. Now do yourself a favor and go get a 3DS. Its great and has a nice selection of games so far. There's enough variety for you to have fun even if you want to skip over the so called "kiddy" and "casual" games.

aryanbrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 aryanbrar
Member since 2004 • 2101 Posts

no its not weird, sometimes as adult you need a break from all those violent/shooter games. the nintendo handhelds can give you that break.

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 3aNkabot
I'm sold , thank you guys for the posts, its nice reading everyones perspective on this matter. I'll buy the 3ds xl edition with a pokemon game soon : ).
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="3aNkabot"]I'm sold , thank you guys for the posts, its nice reading everyones perspective on this matter. I'll buy the 3ds xl edition with a pokemon game soon : ).

Nice! Feel free to add some of us on your friends list if you'd like!
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
What's the deal? I'm 21 and I play games like Mario, Pokemon and all that.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I'm 26 and I have a 3DS and I'm planning on getting the 3DS XL in a couple of months so I have two 3DSs to trade Pokémon.

Kalakaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kalakaka
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

I'm 51 and I play games on all platforms. Some people may find it odd that someone my age still plays video games but it my favorite form of entertainment and I will continue to play until I die. Buy the 3DS and enjoy it.

Bladebri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bladebri
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts

25, turning 26 in the next couple months and I love my 3DSXL. It's perfect for when I'm out of town for work and just everyday use.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I'm 51 and I play games on all platforms. Some people may find it odd that someone my age still plays video games but it my favorite form of entertainment and I will continue to play until I die. Buy the 3DS and enjoy it.

Kalakaka

People who still think video games are only for kids need to get over themselves. There are a number of mature games out there for older gamers. Personally it makes me happy to see people 35 and up still playing games. :P

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I'm 26 and I love my 3DS XL. I haven't touched my PS3 since I got it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Obligitory 999/Virtues last reward suggestion for mature games on DS family. And I'm 19, nearly 20 and still carry my 3DS around. Your never too old to enjoy things.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
There is no age restriction for video games. And if you're looking for adult games you may wanna try the 2 Resident Evil games & some Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars for the DS.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#36 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Nothing wrong getting a 3DS at any age, I bought a 3DS 7 months ago and I'm only 23. Its worth the purchase even if you don't play or not a fan of Pokemon games. There's other games worth checking out like Professor Layton, Monster Hunter and Kingdom Hearts

pantyraid2113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pantyraid2113
Member since 2010 • 1976 Posts

I'm 20 and I love my 3DS! Sure, most of the other people I see playing one are around the age of 10, but there are so many enjoyable games on it. Games like Tales of the Abyss, Resident Evil: Revelations and Virtue's Last Reward (and many others) makes this a great handheld for everyone!

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

Just turned 29 and never cared about who buys what as long as you enjoy it. Personally I do not take handhelds around with me anywhere outside or on vacation because I'm occupied doing other activities, but I can see why people are embarrassed about it in public. Ignore everyone else, enjoy what you love doing.

MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

3aNkabot

LOL I often wonder the same thing. I play my 3ds everywhere I can. I say screw anyone who thinks its weird. Im a gamer, and I enjoy a lot of diff games for the DS and 3DS.

Besides the kiddy appeal of Pokemon (mostly from the TV show), the game is actually really deep and is super enjoyable.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
If you have to ask whether its weird for someone your age to purchase a 3DS I don't think you're going to enjoy it. Not because of lack of games, but if you constantly worry about what others think of you it could influence how often you use the device, where you use it, and what games you play on it because it isn't "appropiate" for someone your age. Age really has no baring on what games you should be playing unless you're a child (and in that case you should be kept away from violent games)
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="Kalakaka"]

Lucky_Krystal

People who still think video games are only for kids need to get over themselves. There are a number of mature games out there for older gamers. Personally it makes me happy to see people 35 and up still playing games. :P

Isn't the average age of gamers like 38?
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Isn't the average age of gamers like 38?bonesawisready5

From what I've heard it's usually put in the 30-40 area.

Video games are becoming more accepted in society, but too many closed minded people that would rather put someone down for something they like then try to understand why.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#43 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
We're gamers. We don't think it's weird, but non-gamers do tend to give you an eye when you pull out a gaming device that isn't a cell phone. I always get, "Oh, you're one of those gamers...." or "You still play those things?" Basically, you are only too old for games if you think you're too old for games. If you love playing games, screw the perception you get from other people; it's their problem . They'r the ones trying to figure out why you enjoy the things you do. Buy a 3DS, buy some bloody games (RE: Revelations is a good one), and have fun! :)
bflexholla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bflexholla
Member since 2011 • 44 Posts

it's not weird at all - buy one and enjoy it

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Isn't the average age of gamers like 38?HowlingLotus

From what I've heard it's usually put in the 30-40 area.

Video games are becoming more accepted in society, but too many closed minded people that would rather put someone down for something they like then try to understand why.

but there's an explanation to that... let's assume that the main video game stream started somewhere in the '80s. Most of the people back then were like teenagers when they started gaming. The older generations were not into games as they regarded them "toys for kids" (with a few exceptions of course). So back then the average age would be maybe 15 to 22... eventually this generation grow older thus many of these people are now what 30-35? So these people basically brought gaming to the masses... now it's more acceptable to be a gamer no matter what your age. I dunno if that makes sense but I think gaming evolution has to do something with the first generations growing.

Back to the topic... I am 24 and while I already own a vita I most probably will get a 3ds XL to game on it (along with my vita and xbox of course) until next gen comes

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

52 here. I play 3DS at work on lunch breaks. Nobody cares.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

Never such a thing as being too old. I am 35 and have had my 3DS since launch day. One o fthe thinga I love about it is the inclusion of NES and gameboy games in the eshop. Lets me relive my childhood again.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

52 here. I play 3DS at work on lunch breaks. Nobody cares.

Videodogg

Respect.

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

Better than collecting stamps, right?

aryanbrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 aryanbrar
Member since 2004 • 2101 Posts

[QUOTE="Kalakaka"]

Lucky_Krystal

lol honestly you guys shouldn't bother with those kind of people. they got issues up there in the their heads. gaming is no longer for kids anymore, its a genuinehobby now. it has no age limit, you can be 7 or 60 year old.