NYJCMart28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 NYJCMart28
Member since 2005 • 3239 Posts
This is self-explanatory. Post all of-topic conversations here.
WeazelMan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 1

#2 WeazelMan311
Member since 2004 • 9620 Posts
i just got my act results back. is a 29 any good?
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
[QUOTE="WeazelMan311"]i just got my act results back. is a 29 any good?

That is good, I got a 27 on mine.
NYJCMart28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NYJCMart28
Member since 2005 • 3239 Posts
What is ACT? Does it have anything to do with this sign:
Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Toucanbird
Member since 2004 • 6440 Posts

What is ACT? Does it have anything to do with this sign:NYJCMart28

That's awesome! :lol:

A 29 on your ACT? That's really good.

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 VanHalun040604
Member since 2004 • 6399 Posts

[QUOTE="NYJCMart28"]What is ACT? Does it have anything to do with this sign:Toucanbird

That's awesome! :lol:

A 29 on your ACT? That's really good.

Anything above a 24 is really good...though 27 is honors.  I got a 22.  The ACT is one of two tests (SAT) that determine your admitance into college. 

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VanHalun040604
Xbox 360...anyone gettin one?  I am....but I'm gonna wait a while probably...this whole emphasis on materialism around X-Mas time (and in general) is really lame.  Plus, it doesn't help that those crazy Microsoft whores totally ruin the possibility of getting one at launch outside of camping or getting one around the afternoon....
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

A strange thing happened to me the other day.  It says on my college transcript that I received 4 Semester Credit Hours in a Physical Science for my ACT scores.  That's one class and the lab that goes with it.  Well that's all well and good, but I never took the ACTs!  I won't complain about it, but I am a little confused.

And I will get a 360, but not until January.  I'm not that interested in the games that will be available for the first couple months, so why bother?  And by January the college will give the rest of my scholarship money, so I'll have plenty then.

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VanHalun040604

A strange thing happened to me the other day.  It says on my college transcript that I received 4 Semester Credit Hours in a Physical Science for my ACT scores.  That's one class and the lab that goes with it.  Well that's all well and good, but I never took the ACTs!  I won't complain about it, but I am a little confused.

And I will get a 360, but not until January.  I'm not that interested in the games that will be available for the first couple months, so why bother?  And by January the college will give the rest of my scholarship money, so I'll plenty then.

wallymartin

Nice, what year are you in?

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wallymartin
[QUOTE="wallymartin"]

And I will get a 360, but not until January.  I'm not that interested in the games that will be available for the first couple months, so why bother?  And by January the college will give the rest of my scholarship money, so I'll plenty then.

VanHalun040604

Freshman

Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toucanbird
[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"][QUOTE="wallymartin"]

wallymartin

Freshman

You lucky son of a...

I wish I could have done that. I hate science class. It's by far my worst course.

yamabushi98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 yamabushi98
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on what a sh-ty company EA is. ei; all thier half ass 360 launch games. Thats a really crappy way to treat your customers 
1duffman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 1duffman1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
just watched Lexington Steeles 'manhammer 4'  great film   :shock:
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wallymartin

I'm a little bummed out now.  I was sick last Tuesday, so I missed my speech in Public Speaking.  There is no way to makeup a speech if you miss it and if you miss a major speech, which this was, you automatically fail the class.

I had an A until then, and that was my only absence on the year.  Even without the speech I could still be passing the class, but its department policy that I get an automatic F.  The first class I ever failed.  That's bogus.  What a load of bull****.

Now I have to take the class over again.  The fact that my body can defend itself from viruses better not affect my scholarship or I'll be real :evil:

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VanHalun040604

I'm a little bummed out now.  I was sick last Tuesday, so I missed my speech in Public Speaking.  There is no way to makeup a speech if you miss it and if you miss a major speech, which this was, you automatically fail the class.

I had an A until then, and that was my only absence on the year.  Even without the speech I could still be passing the class, but its department policy that I get an automatic F.  The first class I ever failed.  That's bogus.  What a load of bull****.

Now I have to take the class over again.  The fact that my body can defend itself from viruses better not affect my scholarship or I'll be real :evil:

wallymartin

DUDE!  That sucks......BIG TIME.  And way unfair.  Maybe if you have an excuse/letter from a doctor, they won't fail you...?  Is this a HS class, by the way?  Or is the scholarship pending on your doing well in college?

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wallymartin
[QUOTE="wallymartin"]

VanHalun040604

DUDE!  That sucks......BIG TIME.  And way unfair.  Maybe if you have an excuse/letter from a doctor, they won't fail you...?  Is this a HS class, by the way?  Or is the scholarship pending on your doing well in college?

It's a college class.

He said he could excuse it if I come up with documentation for a legit reason why I couldn't go to class, so a doctor's note would work.  But I wasn't sick enough to go to the doctor.  I tough it out for a day and if I don't get better, then I consider it.  So I'd have to forge something.

I guess this is the universe's way of evening things out. :cry:

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 geaux321
[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"][QUOTE="wallymartin"]

I'm a little bummed out now. I was sick last Tuesday, so I missed my speech in Public Speaking. There is no way to makeup a speech if you miss it and if you miss a major speech, which this was, you automatically fail the class.

I had an A until then, and that was my only absence on the year. Even without the speech I could still be passing the class, but its department policy that I get an automatic F. The first class I ever failed. That's bogus. What a load of bull****.

Now I have to take the class over again. The fact that my body can defend itself from viruses better not affect my scholarship or I'll be real :evil:

wallymartin

DUDE! That sucks......BIG TIME. And way unfair. Maybe if you have an excuse/letter from a doctor, they won't fail you...? Is this a HS class, by the way? Or is the scholarship pending on your doing well in college?

It's a college class.

He said he could excuse it if I come up with documentation for a legit reason why I couldn't go to class, so a doctor's note would work. But I wasn't sick enough to go to the doctor. I tough it out for a day and if I don't get better, then I consider it. So I'd have to forge something.

That sucks ass, especially if you have to take the class all over again, learning stuff you already know.
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VanHalun040604
[QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="VanHalun040604"][QUOTE="wallymartin"]

I'm a little bummed out now. I was sick last Tuesday, so I missed my speech in Public Speaking. There is no way to makeup a speech if you miss it and if you miss a major speech, which this was, you automatically fail the class.

I had an A until then, and that was my only absence on the year. Even without the speech I could still be passing the class, but its department policy that I get an automatic F. The first class I ever failed. That's bogus. What a load of bull****.

Now I have to take the class over again. The fact that my body can defend itself from viruses better not affect my scholarship or I'll be real :evil:

geaux321

DUDE! That sucks......BIG TIME. And way unfair. Maybe if you have an excuse/letter from a doctor, they won't fail you...? Is this a HS class, by the way? Or is the scholarship pending on your doing well in college?

It's a college class.

He said he could excuse it if I come up with documentation for a legit reason why I couldn't go to class, so a doctor's note would work. But I wasn't sick enough to go to the doctor. I tough it out for a day and if I don't get better, then I consider it. So I'd have to forge something.

That sucks ass, especially if you have to take the class all over again, learning stuff you already know.

Well if you look at it in the other way, he'd could just coast, knowing all the information and being able to expect what's coming.  It would be easy, but it would also be a pain in the ass, however.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wallymartin

Feelin' a LOT better now.

I spoke to one of the people heavily involved with my scholarship today and she said that as long as I can keep my GPA where it is now, that I should be able to keep the scholarship.  With the F averaged in I have about a 2.4 and I need to stay above 2.0. 

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 geaux321

I spoke to one of the people heavily involved with my scholarship today and she said that as long as I can keep my GPA where it is now, that I should be able to keep the scholarship. With the F averaged in I have about a 2.4 and I need to stay above 2.0.

wallymartin

This might sound odd, but can you gap it.  We have that here, where if we mess up on 1 class we can throw that grade away and take it over again, without that F or whatever affecting the GPA, at least I think we can do that, or something of that nature.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wallymartin
[QUOTE="wallymartin"]

I spoke to one of the people heavily involved with my scholarship today and she said that as long as I can keep my GPA where it is now, that I should be able to keep the scholarship. With the F averaged in I have about a 2.4 and I need to stay above 2.0.

geaux321

This might sound odd, but can you gap it.  We have that here, where if we mess up on 1 class we can throw that grade away and take it over again, without that F or whatever affecting the GPA, at least I think we can do that, or something of that nature.

If it had happened earlier in the semester, I could have dropped the class and it wouldn't affect my GPA.  But the final drop-date passed about a month ago, so I have to accept the grade.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 geaux321
[QUOTE="geaux321"] [QUOTE="wallymartin"]

wallymartin

This might sound odd, but can you gap it. We have that here, where if we mess up on 1 class we can throw that grade away and take it over again, without that F or whatever affecting the GPA, at least I think we can do that, or something of that nature.

If it had happened earlier in the semester, I could have dropped the class and it wouldn't affect my GPA. But the final drop-date passed about a month ago, so I have to accept the grade.

I'm talking about something different than that, so I guess you don't have that where you are.
DRAGON467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23 DRAGON467
Member since 2005 • 17119 Posts
have what?
--2fast2good--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 --2fast2good--
Member since 2005 • 501 Posts

2.4, no afence, but dang; my school has such high standards

a 3.4 is bad in my school

i currently have a 4.2

Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Toucanbird

i currently have a 4.2

--2fast2good--

...Wait a minute! Isn't the highest you can get a 4.0? Let me guess, you did some big time extra credit or something.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wallymartin

i currently have a 4.2

--2fast2good--

Again, its only that low because of the F.

Avatar image for Panzerfaust1014
Panzerfaust1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 Panzerfaust1014
Member since 2005 • 863 Posts
my school has like a 3.4 average, but its a catholic so you kinda have too.
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VanHalun040604

I have a 3.55 and I go to one of the Top 100 high schools in the United States. 

For whoever asked before, you can go far above a 4.0 with AP classes.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 geaux321
I've got a 3.15 now, who knows where it will end up after this semester.
--2fast2good--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 --2fast2good--
Member since 2005 • 501 Posts
[QUOTE="--2fast2good--"]

i currently have a 4.2

Toucanbird

...Wait a minute! Isn't the highest you can get a 4.0? Let me guess, you did some big time extra credit or something.

Yeah right, most teachers dont even give extra credit at NCP, its just that all clases besides PE are honors and AP so its based on a 5.0(honors) or 6.0(AP) gpa scale. Thats why 95% of the students in my school go to good colleges...and the only reason you wont find it on most list of top schools is because most of those lists don't include selective enrolment schools.

Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Toucanbird
[QUOTE="Toucanbird"][QUOTE="--2fast2good--"]

i currently have a 4.2

--2fast2good--

Yeah right, most teachers dont even give extra credit at NCP, its just that all clases besides PE are honors and AP so its based on a 5.0(honors) or 6.0(AP) gpa scale. Thats why 95% of the students in my school go to good colleges...and the only reason you wont find it on most list of top schools is because most of those lists don't include selective enrolment schools.

Oh, I guess that answers my question. I wouldn't really know about that because I went to a very small school and my graduating class size was 48. So, yeah I had to go by the regular old 4.0 grading system.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wallymartin

Yay, 600th post!  Yeah, I know, that's not a lot, especially considering how long I've been a member of GS.  Consider me sort of an Ent, only faster.

So how do you expect your holidays to go?  Like usual, I'll probably head up to Roscoe to visit family and have some great food, but thats probably about it.

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VanHalun040604

Yay, 600th post!  Yeah, I know, that's not a lot, especially considering how long I've been a member of GS.  Consider me sort of an Ent, only faster.

So how do you expect your holidays to go?  Like usual, I'll probably head up to Roscoe to visit family and have some great food, but thats probably about it.

wallymartin

Stayin' in Ohio most likely.  I entered this contest in an effort to become a beat writer for the Oakland Raiders for a day when they play the Cleveland Browns.  I'd get to sit in the press box and watch the game and then write a recap.  I'm a fairly renowned writer around my high school in our monthly paper/magazine, but I don't know if I'll end up winning.  Hopefully.  It would be a sweet opprotunity.  I'd get an Xbox 360 for Christmas....if they had any!!!  So I'll probably just end up getting some jerseys (NFL, MLB) and a digital camera.  What are you guys getting?

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VanHalun040604
I just got accepted to Ohio University...so happy!  I'll have to decide between Miami University, Ohio State University, Kent State University, and Bowling Green State University.  But Ohio U is my first choice...I want to either be a history or English major and be a teacher/free lance sports writer (during summers).  Can't wait for college.....I'm sure the work will be a ****, but I'll push through it.
Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Toucanbird

I just got accepted to Ohio University...so happy!  I'll have to decide between Miami University, Ohio State University, Kent State University, and Bowling Green State University.  But Ohio U is my first choice...I want to either be a history or English major and be a teacher/free lance sports writer (during summers).  Can't wait for college.....I'm sure the work will be a ****, but I'll push through it.VanHalun040604

Wow, those are some big time colleges that are accepting you. Do you have any scholarships or anything like that?

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wallymartin

I just got accepted to Ohio University...so happy!  I'll have to decide between Miami University, Ohio State University, Kent State University, and Bowling Green State University.  But Ohio U is my first choice...I want to either be a history or English major and be a teacher/free lance sports writer (during summers).  Can't wait for college.....I'm sure the work will be a ****, but I'll push through it.VanHalun040604

Wow.  Congrats man.  All great choices.

Oh, and I hope you win that contest.  Sounds like a great experience.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 geaux321
My holidays should be great, the best christmas present i'll be getting (hopefully) is a passing grade in Physics 2.  Before Christmas, I'll be heading to New Orleans to visit family and exchange presents.  It will be my first trip down there since the hurricane, I don't know what to expect.
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VanHalun040604

[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]I just got accepted to Ohio University...so happy!  I'll have to decide between Miami University, Ohio State University, Kent State University, and Bowling Green State University.  But Ohio U is my first choice...I want to either be a history or English major and be a teacher/free lance sports writer (during summers).  Can't wait for college.....I'm sure the work will be a ****, but I'll push through it.Toucanbird

Wow, those are some big time colleges that are accepting you. Do you have any scholarships or anything like that?

Haven't really applied for any yet.  But I'm definitely gonna try for one....any amount of money will help. 

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VanHalun040604

[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]I just got accepted to Ohio University...so happy!  I'll have to decide between Miami University, Ohio State University, Kent State University, and Bowling Green State University.  But Ohio U is my first choice...I want to either be a history or English major and be a teacher/free lance sports writer (during summers).  Can't wait for college.....I'm sure the work will be a ****, but I'll push through it.wallymartin

Wow.  Congrats man.  All great choices.

Oh, and I hope you win that contest.  Sounds like a great experience.

Thanks  :)  I'll know whether I won or not tomorrow.

Avatar image for Panzerfaust1014
Panzerfaust1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#40 Panzerfaust1014
Member since 2005 • 863 Posts
Should have gone to Marshall, they always beat Ohio when they were in the MAC, but o well.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wallymartin

I'm gonna go watch a play later.  My old high school is putting on "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of A Christmas Carol".  It sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, and I love seeing old friends.

I'll bet they mess up at least once, though.  Its a given in every play they do.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wallymartin

I'm sick.  I kind of feel like crap.  Feeling better than I was, but I still have a massive headache.  I want to go back to bed because I only got like an hour or two of sleep last night, but I'm afraid it'll hit me again.

God that was a wicked burn.

DRAGON467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#43 DRAGON467
Member since 2005 • 17119 Posts

I'm sick.  I kind of feel like crap.  Feeling better than I was, but I still have a massive headache.  I want to go back to bed because I only got like an hour or two of sleep last night, but I'm afraid it'll hit me again.

God that was a wicked burn.

wallymartin
dude the sux
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 geaux321
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VanHalun040604
Happy New Year everybody.
billy918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 billy918
Member since 2004 • 335 Posts
Hey I was reading through this topic and I see a lot of you are preparing for college, I am too, but I'm curious to know do I need to take the SATs or the ACT tests to get into college even though I'm already out of high school?
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wallymartin

Hey I was reading through this topic and I see a lot of you are preparing for college, I am too, but I'm curious to know do I need to take the SATs or the ACT tests to get into college even though I'm already out of high school?billy918

I think so.  Have you ever taken them?

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 geaux321
Hey I was reading through this topic and I see a lot of you are preparing for college, I am too, but I'm curious to know do I need to take the SATs or the ACT tests to get into college even though I'm already out of high school?billy918

I only took the ACT, it just depends on what is required for that particular college.
billy918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 billy918
Member since 2004 • 335 Posts
No I haven't taken them yet, but the college advisor at my high school told me that I didn't need to take them since I already graduated, but I'm worrying if when they look at my application, they will see that I graduated, but will they have to see any SAT scores too to admit me?
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VanHalun040604

No I haven't taken them yet, but the college advisor at my high school told me that I didn't need to take them since I already graduated, but I'm worrying if when they look at my application, they will see that I graduated, but will they have to see any SAT scores too to admit me? billy918

It depends on the state you're in and the college you're applying to.  It'll say what you need in the application.