Switching from iOS to Android Need a new MP3 Player

This topic is locked from further discussion.

enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 enorox
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
So in switching from iOS I need another mp3 player like I had. It was called flicktunes and allowed me to flick the screen to change songs making it easier when using it in a car. Anyone happen to know anything like this for the android
calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

If you mean an MP3 playing App? I got nothing. But if you need a Media Player running Android I got just the ticket.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062CZ7XK/ref=s9_bbs_gw_d0_g229_ir02?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0JQ89V0FH2QKGS4CA64H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

It's the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0. It has a 4inch led HD screen, Front and rear facing camera, built in mic, 8GBs default storage, but has a micro SD card slot that can hold up to 32GBs. It is an amazing device. I absolutley love mine.

calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

There's also the 5.0 which has a 5inch screen and it's more like a mini tablet.

enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 enorox

Sorry, shoulda specified.. as sick as that phone is I have a limited choices with my carrier. picked the HTC Wildfire S but anyway.. yeah looking for an app.

junaid15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 junaid15
Member since 2005 • 1163 Posts
the best music app on the market is probably powerAmp. it has the flick to change song feature. left and right to change songs and up and down to change folders/playlists.
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

Sorry, shoulda specified.. as sick as that phone is I have a limited choices with my carrier. picked the HTC Wildfire S but anyway.. yeah looking for an app.

enorox

ew

whats your carrier? Also, I'm not 100% sure but I believe winamp lets you use the volume buttons to toggle forwards/backwards.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
Welcome to android, Your phone choice is a little peculiar, I never found going anything less than top tier a viable option but if you enjoy it good luck, try out the demo of poweramp available free on the app store. As junaid stated it lets you swipe to change tracks, probably best media player on android.
enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 enorox

Thanks for the suggestion, will definetely check it out. I'm on Virgin Mobile so their phone selection is very small. I think the top choices were Motorola Triumph, Wildfire S, and LG Optimus V/Slider.

junaid15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 junaid15
Member since 2005 • 1163 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion, will definetely check it out. I'm on Virgin Mobile so their phone selection is very small. I think the top choices were Motorola Triumph, Wildfire S, and LG Optimus V/Slider.

enorox
im on virgin mobile and got the galaxy s2. In Canada they have it, dunno about other places.
enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 enorox

Yeah, Virgin Mobile in Canada has a huge selection. I think you guys are even rumored to get the iPhone sometime next year as well.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans.jsp

That's my selections. For the price, the wildfire seems like the most decent one.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 semianonymous

nonononono

Trust me. trust me. Buy the Motorola Triumph. Its easily, easily the best phone on virgin america. My friend has one, for the price, its amazing. The wildfire S is a craptacular phone, doesn't even have a dedicated GPU in it. You will be so sad and so incredibly turned off of android with the Wildfire S

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mystic_knight

nonononono

Trust me. trust me. Buy the Motorola Triumph. Its easily, easily the best phone on virgin america. My friend has one, for the price, its amazing. The wildfire S is a craptacular phone, doesn't even have a dedicated GPU in it. You will be so sad and so incredibly turned off of android with the Wildfire S

semianonymous
Its a bit late lol. The wildfire S is an ok phone just not something that will allow you the full pleasure of androids. Looking at the triumph its similar to my desire hd.... damn.
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 semianonymous

[QUOTE="semianonymous"]

nonononono

mystic_knight

Its a bit late lol. The wildfire S is an ok phone just not something that will allow you the full pleasure of androids. Looking at the triumph its similar to my desire hd.... damn.

He can always sell it and buy a new one. Virgin america is a no-contract carrier, its very easy to just upgrade yourself if you are willing to do the work yourself.

enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 enorox
Well I haven't bought the phone yet. Waiting for the money to transfer to my paypal, but I don't want to pay over 200 for a phone now. I'm sure the wildfire will be fine by my standards as I still use an alias on my verizon plan. Family is doing a swap, I get virgin mobile sister comes on the verizon plan. But anyway, like I said, going from this phone to the wildfire shouldn't be THAT bad.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#15 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

nonononono

semianonymous

It has andreno 200 GPU, you are talking about the original wildfire.

The wildfire S is a decent phone and atleast where I live it gives good value for money. Obviously the Motorola Triumph is leaps and bounds better but I am sure it's going to be much more expensive as well.

A 600Mhz CPU and a 3.2" HVGA screen are it's 2 main drawbacks and I would say you should spend more if you can otherwise it's a phone you will like depending on your expectations with it.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 semianonymous

[QUOTE="semianonymous"]

nonononono

Gambler_3

It has andreno 200 GPU, you are talking about the original wildfire.

The wildfire S is a decent phone and atleast where I live it gives good value for money. Obviously the Motorola Triumph is leaps and bounds better but I am sure it's going to be much more expensive as well.

A 600Mhz CPU and a 3.2" HVGA screen are it's 2 main drawbacks and I would say you should spend more if you can otherwise it's a phone you will like depending on your expectations with it.

Oops. Slightly less terrible but still.

enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enorox
To someone who has never used a smartphone like this would they even notice it? It honestly seems like a decent phone considering it's around 50 bucks cheaper or so than the triumph.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mystic_knight
To someone who has never used a smartphone like this would they even notice it? It honestly seems like a decent phone considering it's around 50 bucks cheaper or so than the triumph.enorox
Its still a great phone man You will definitely be happy with it, it might have a few speed shortcomings but besides that its another quality HTC phone. HTC is king of all phones
enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 enorox
[QUOTE="enorox"]To someone who has never used a smartphone like this would they even notice it? It honestly seems like a decent phone considering it's around 50 bucks cheaper or so than the triumph.mystic_knight
Its still a great phone man You will definitely be happy with it, it might have a few speed shortcomings but besides that its another quality HTC phone. HTC is king of all phones

What I like to hear.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

To someone who has never used a smartphone like this would they even notice it? It honestly seems like a decent phone considering it's around 50 bucks cheaper or so than the triumph.enorox
Go with the triumph it well worth the extra money consider it an investment for the long term I doubt you plan to only keep your phone for a month or 2 if your like most people you will be using it for a good 2+ years before getting a new one. The HTC wildfire S is already well behind the curve with a relatively slow processor,tiny screen, low resolution, SD video recording only at 24fps,No hdmi port. Also just so you know the triumph currently on sale for %20 off on there website so you only pay $230 and get free expeditied shipping end on the 21st.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phones/motorola-triumph-phone.jsp