Samsung galaxy S3 is now the most pre-ordered gadget in history!!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 0

#51 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

I would just like to say HTC are pissing me off now, They are telling the resellers to advertise how the One X is better than the GS3. Thats just stupid, let people decide base on your products do not force this crap down the resellers throat. mystic_knight
Who resellers and will they be paying them for it?

I dont see the problem one has to do aggressive marketing and I dont mind it as long as it doesnt include suing another company lol. We live in a world of ignorant people who dont do any meaningful research and thus the most popular product is not necessarily the best product. The most popular product is alot of the times the result of best marketing.

The one X does have some strengths over S3. A different screen technology that some may prefer, a different UI that some may prefer(although I consider it a weak reason) and offers better low light photography. The one X beats pretty much every phone when it comes to low light photography so a pat on the back for HTC. I also like the pricing of HTC this time around, I always found HTC phones to be over priced not so much this time, they are offering good value for money on the one series as far as unlocked phones go.

Choice is still good thing to have and I think HTC and sony bring good alternatives to the market, one phone can never be perfect.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

Here is the article i was reading.
Don't get me wrong i think the One XL is the greatest phone ever made. But I hate when a company persuades resellers or consumers that their product is the 'best' its something people should decide on themselves. Apple is the biggest culprit when it comes to this, and samsung followed soon after, now HTC is also doing these stupid tactics. Don't belittle the competition to make yours look better.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gambler_3

one-x-vs-galaxy-s3-by-htc-1.jpg

I cant believe they tried to make removable battery look like a bad thing.

And I kinda missed where HD SAMOLED is "commonly" known as inferior.

facepalm.jpg

one-x-vs-galaxy-s3-by-htc-5.jpg

This one is too funny. HTC has beats audio and samsung has "none". :lol:

Samung has a "dull" screen lmao another epic one. S3 is also made of polycarbonate.

Double-facepalm.jpg

OMG HTC DAFUQ??? Atleast you could have stuck to "real" reasons why one should get your phone over samsung.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Gambler_3

I suppose most probably HTC's next flagship is going to have removable battery and SD card. :P

Atleast samsung set a good precedent here if not for the S3 having these features we may have never ever seen them again.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
It frustrated me because HTC never had to prove anything before, and now that they try to it becomes full of fail. Let your product speak for itself, its dirty and bad marketing when you put down a competition. I lost respect for Apple straight away for this, they always found faults in other devices but never on their own, and samsung lost my respect when they called all apple users sheeps in their advertising, HTC have dropped too now because of this stupid tactic. I despise companies who belittle other users or companies. :( I do love my phone, but if this is going to be a norm for HTC im going with LG/ Sony or Motorola next time. I cant support companies who aren't supportive of customers and belittle intelligence of others.
red12355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 red12355
Member since 2007 • 1251 Posts

I cant believe they tried to make removable battery look like a bad thing.

And I kinda missed where HD SAMOLED is "commonly" known as inferior.

This one is too funny. HTC has beats audio and samsung has "none". :lol:

Samung has a "dull" screen lmao another epic one. S3 is also made of polycarbonate.

OMG HTC DAFUQ??? Atleast you could have stuck to "real" reasons why one should get your phone over samsung.

Gambler_3

wtf no way. Is that actually real?

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Gambler_3

But anyways all businesses are evil at the end of the day, we shouldnt be so harsh on HTC. They want a bigger share of the pie as they are here to make money like everyone else.

The chart is just laughable but it wouldnt stop me from buying an HTC phone.

MattSharp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 MattSharp101
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
To the person that said '9 million to the carriers, no where near as many actually on the streets'. Umm.. I work in bond and bond electronics, the second largest electronic retail store in New Zealand, owned by Noel Leaming, which are the biggest electronic retailers in New Zealand. And let me tell you, on the first day of sales we had queues and ran out of stock within half the day. Within half a week the whole country was almost completely out of stock with just a few left for preorders that had not collected. I would say that is a SIGNIFICANT amount sold. Lol.