LG G3 outselling Samsung Galaxy S V

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Link

Wow! LG is taking advantage of Samsungs recent slump of their Cellphones! Will the Note 4 help Samsung out of their slump and retake the Android crown? I'm glad LG is finally doing well for themselves as they're the ones not wanting to add gimmicks and copy their competition like Samsung. The G3 is a very solid phone and could move LG to take the Android Crown away from Samsung (It's what Google wanted to do).

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

WOW that's HUGE news. Another indication of the slide.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@musicalmac: One thing LG learned from Apple and not Samsung is to keep it simple. I sure hope LG will release a Windows Phone variation of the G3

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@musicalmac: One thing LG learned from Apple and not Samsung is to keep it simple. I sure hope LG will release a Windows Phone variation of the G3

I think LG phones are typically made of higher quality materials, as well. I don't see their ads anywhere, but they're not shallow and chippy like the ones you get out of Samsung.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

I think LG phones are typically made of higher quality materials, as well. I don't see their ads anywhere, but they're not shallow and chippy like the ones you get out of Samsung.

Perhaps the Note took away some of the sales or... Maybe the batteries blowing up scared everyone away.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

Hate LG and Samsung for android. The only android phones I consider are HTC or ones with stock android on them.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@Bikouchu35: Heh, maybe. That's more the fault of a bad battery than it is anything else, though. Unless maybe I don't know how big the problem is.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I'm getting the G3 in october, it look fantastic.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@Bikouchu35: Heh, maybe. That's more the fault of a bad battery than it is anything else, though. Unless maybe I don't know how big the problem is.

I think is a small factor. I'm aware there is other problems that are hurting its sales though. Friend's s3 battery melted from gaming too much so there is that.

Oh well nothing is prying me away from getting the next iphone.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thehig1

@MuD3 said:

Hate LG and Samsung for android. The only android phones I consider are HTC or ones with stock android on them.

I hate HTC for android, there Hardware is well designed, but they now don't do removable battery so 12 months in when your battery degrades you cant replace it,

Also HTC sense has so much bloatware on it, I have to Root any HTC I get and install a custom rom.

I agree with Samsung though, they have gotten lazy the build quality of their devices are poor.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MuD3

@thehig1 said:

@MuD3 said:

I hate HTC for android, there Hardware is well designed, but they now don't do removable battery so 12 months in when your battery degrades you cant replace it,

Also HTC sense has so much bloatware on it, I have to Root any HTC I get and install a custom rom.

I agree with Samsung though, they have gotten lazy the build quality of their devices are poor.

I currently use an HTC one that doesn't have a removable battery... I kind of like it. I drop my phones a lot and it's kind of nice that this one does burst into several pieces when I do. Plus, i've Had 4 HTC phones and I've never once needed to replace the battery in any of them. I'm sure I could figure out how to do it myself if not under warranty anyway.

Sense does have a lot of bloatware (pretty much every cell phone does though and it's pretty easy to remove or ignore most of it) but I love sense... it's the only overlay I actually like and I actually like it better than stock. I really did not like blinkfeed but they quickly made it removable. I typically end up rooting my phones at some point anyway and always use a sense based rom.

My wife gets a new phone next month and has decided to go with the s4... because it's purple and doesn't cost anything. So we will see if my distaste for Samsung phones still resides when that comes. My distaste for LG may be unfounded as the only real experience I have with it was with a old cheaper smartphone I can't remember the name of. It was my wifes... she also chose it because it was purple and was free...

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I'm currently on the G3, and I gotta say it is a fantastic device. The super high def screen sucks power faster then I would like but the very small amount of power it sucks during standby makes up for it. It's fast, great screen and the speaker is surprisingly loud. Build quality, removable battery, and expandable sim card capability are just added perks.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thehig1

@MuD3: removable battery to me means I can either get a spare battery, or a huge extended battery. I had a 3200 mHa battery in my old HTC desire.

It would last about 2-3 days without charge depending on usage.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

I upgraded my Galaxy S4 to a G3 the day the G3 came out. Amazing phone. No cons what so ever. Battery life is about the same compared to my S4. Lasts about a day of good use. The 1440p display is top notch.

Can't go back and look at 1080p anymore.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MuD3

@thehig1: For me a spare battery might be nice for emergencies or w/e but I've never once needed it. I plug my phone it while I sleep and it's rarely below 20% by that time. As for expanded batteries that is a no go for me... I can't even stand to have a case on my phone because of added thickness and aesthetically I don't like them.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Funny timing me reading this now, my Galaxy S5 just bricked a few hours ago during an update. I'm on a plan where I can switch after it's half paid off, think I'm going to do exactly that.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Wow people finally realizing that LG phones are better. I had both the G and the G2 and both times it had software and hardware that could rival Samsung it just wasn't as popular, now the G3 is finally getting the respect it deserves.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

the G3 is the best android phone available now. i want one but buying phones(except for nexus type stuff) off contract is just not practical.