Indiegame review ft. Big Fish King, Gacha game for Sea Lovers and Anglers.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

Hi Bush_Dog here for a new indie game review! So last time I've reviewed an endless runner game called Little Jumper so for this time I've tried playing a Gacha Game but instead of playing common gacha game that has a fantasy theme, I've tried playing something more realistic. Fishing.

NOTE: I review mobile indie games to improve my English vocabulary and writing skills. I choose mobile indie games as my instrument because (1) it's easy to acquire and play, and (2) to showcase some good indie games that are being overshadowed by mainstream games.

Gacha game is one of the popular genre in mobile gaming industry, the goal of the game is to entertain players by letting them collect in-game items (Since people love collecting stuffs). Currently, the popular Gacha games are Pokemon Go and 7Knights which both have fantasy theme so I tried finding something new or unique and found Big Fish King, a Gacha game about Fishing from the the indie dev BlackCoffee. So here's my quick review on what the game is all about.

Gameplay:

The goal of the game is to simple, catch a fish until you level up to unlock new places globally to catch new fishes until you catch them all, just like in Pokemon. Sounds easy? Yes, playing the game is easy just throw your hook and wait til a fish bite you bait then hold the button and pray that you'll get something good. But collecting all the fishes is a different story due to the developers adding new fishes every once in a while giving reasons for players to return to the game.

Pros and Cons:

First of all the game is unique because it doesn't have any fantasy theme unlike other Gacha games which revolves around collecting fantasy characters and stuffs but this game is all about fishing where it's only you, a fishing rod and the sea.The game can actually be frustrating for some since you need to wait for the fish to take the bait but it's actually accurate to what real fishing is. The game is all about waiting and patience until you get a fish which can be very huge or very small, depending on your luck. RNG will play a big role on the game making every catch exciting, since you really doesn't have any clue on what you'll get, and more fulfilling in getting a big catch. Lastly, the game really wants the player to feel what real fishing feels like.

Visuals:

Source:

And of course you can try the game for free in Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackcoffee.delta.global&hl=en

Also credit to where I get the visuals: https://officialugn.wixsite.com/ugnhome/single-post/2018/03/20/The-World%E2%80%99s-just-a-Big-Fish-to-Catch-Big-Fish-King-Review

Again thank you for those who have read my quick review and here hoping that you drop some feedback for me to improve.

locobox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 locobox
Member since 2019 • 0 Posts

Could you review my game. It would be awesome!

Google play store: http://bit.ly/tbappshare

Thanks!