Android Stinks and Apple's About to Prove It

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

This headline comes to us straight from TheStreet.

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you hate Apple (AAPL_), there's a halfway decent chance you subscribe to (or use the ad-supported free version of) the Apple products suck, it's all about themarketing rally cry.

That's fine and good, but I ask that you take a close look at some data:

As I noted last month, Apple's iOS is coming for Google's (GOOG_) Android operating system. If you despise Apple or are short the stock, this chart should concern you.

Without even introducing a phone with the feature that apparently keeps a considerable number of smartphone users away from Apple, iOS is gaining on Android. And this isn't a recent phenomenon. It's been building since 2012. What do you think will happen when Apple doesn't just give people what they reportedly want, but does it the right way?

Fascinating. Although it's only a short term drop in overall market share, it's worth stating again --

Without even introducing a phone with the feature that apparently keeps a considerable number of smartphone users away from Apple, iOS is gaining on Android.

It would seem so.

If, however, you're fiddling with a Samsung or some such when you bump into somebody there's about zero conversation to have. Underwhelmingly, you just have a phone in your hand. It's a phone. A nondescript piece of hardware you make calls and check your Facebook (FB_) on. That doesn't mean it doesn't work. That doesn't mean it's not good enough. That's doesn't mean it's complete crap. But it does mean that Android -- as a cultural organism -- stinks.

Credit TheStreet

I agree with what the data suggests and what the data suggests agrees with me. Just like the feature phones that preceded it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

TL;DR: Apple stuff is frequently a status symbol. Lolandroid, Mac waves his finger in his lips making a blublublub sound.

So hypothetically, if one didn't give a shit about the status symbol factor?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 musicalmac  Moderator

@darkspineslayer: What?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 musicalmac  Moderator

@darkspineslayer: What?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Davidwilliam06: there not the best out there, Apples technology is always behind Androids, due to several developers releasing Android phones.

Its like comparing consoles to PC, Apple Phones are upgraded in longer cycles than Androids.

So my upgrade for my phone is in January 2015, my Apple option would be the Iphone5s, already outdated tech in terms of Processing power and camera, battery life, screen quality and size, Storage