orazinac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 orazinac
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

Well, as Halloween approaches, this topic seems to be suitable! What do you think the scariest moment of video game history is?

I was coming close to saying the dog from RE1 original for PS, but then I remembered something else I had nightmares about -- the spiked rabbit at the end of the Ultimate Doom. So, what would you vote on being the scariest?

nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
I got the 3 red lights of doom while playing Halo 3 :o
den4sir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 den4sir
Member since 2003 • 1235 Posts
RE2 when the licker crashed through the glass in the interrogation room.
Avatar image for TitusAndronicus
TitusAndronicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 TitusAndronicus
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

I like games with more mental terror than boogeymen jumping out to get you. One of the freakiest moments in games comes from Bioshock, when you're trying to hunt down the mad plastic surgeon. The tapes describing his depravity are all good, but there's one where a nurse is trying to talk sense into the doc while he's humming and grinding on some poor victim. It's a darn scary moment.

The introduction video of Resident Evil 2 still holds up as being pretty scary, but age hasn't done it well. But the absolute freakiest moment in a video game comes from the last Police Quest game (I believe it was four). The entire ending sequence starting with awakening in the theater to find a body near you scared the bejesus out of me.

johndoh4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 johndoh4
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
All of the Alternate World sequences in Silent Hill 1.
nemes1s3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 nemes1s3000
Member since 2004 • 2176 Posts
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, when Nemesis crashed the Police Station as you were coming down a flight of stairs. Second scariest would be in FEAR, when you saw the lil girl's face as you were going down a ladder, that moment right there, is where I screamed like a lil girl for about 2 seconds.
Avatar image for Robert-Sapolski
Robert-Sapolski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Robert-Sapolski
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
Well Resi 1 was the first Horror game I played and the bit where the dog comes through the window made me jump so bad. Theres also some bits in FEAR with the girl which really freaked me out. Mostly Resident Evil games like in Resi 4 when some zombie jumps out of an oven on fire. I think I screamed.
Dj-Dark-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dj-Dark-1
Member since 2007 • 6377 Posts
The Most Scariest I would say and as what everyone else says : Resident Evil :P
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
when the Imp breaks through the stairs when you come back from getting the PDA from some dude in the beginning of doom 3 [QUOTE="nemes1s3000"] Second scariest would be in FEAR, when you saw the lil girl's face as you were going down a ladder, that moment right there, is where I screamed like a lil girl for about 2 seconds.

that would be my second as well... and the part right after that :lol:
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 skrutop
Member since 2002 • 2262 Posts

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, when Nemesis crashed the Police Station as you were coming down a flight of stairs. nemes1s3000

There was another part where you walk down a long hallway into a large room. Right when you pick up the key, Nemesis busts through the wall. I totally expected that, but when you knock him out and leave the room, you start walking down the hallway, which now has a big Nemesis-sized hole in it. Right when you walk past the hole, he busts through the wall again, and you have nowhere to run. That scared the crap out of me. I was yelling "Oh God diediediediedie" while pumping him full of bullets.

Gen_Warbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 Gen_Warbuff
Member since 2005 • 8976 Posts

RES Evil 1 with the dogs was for sure a moment that will live on for a long long time. However, the Fatal Frame games take the cake for me. Some of the scenes were flat out creepy! The girl getting out of the box, looking through the camera with limited field of vision.... AHHHHHH!

Mr-WASDman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr-WASDman00
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
What is this RE1 dog part that everyone keeps talking about?
Avatar image for deactivated-586cbea17e099
deactivated-586cbea17e099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 deactivated-586cbea17e099
Member since 2004 • 1091 Posts

What is this RE1 dog part that everyone keeps talking about?Mr-WASDman00

In RE1 there is a dog the suddenly jumps through a window and attacks you... The first time around you do NOT see that coming and gives a nice shock :)

My scariest moment in a game outside eerie settings/music/themes, was in HL2, but it wasnt a planned one (by the developers i mean)... but there i was, clearing a whole room full of standard "Zombies" and fine, not hard, not scary.... so i start reloading thinking the room was dead, and out of NOWHERE a Zombie rises up right in front of me where it's head fills me whole screen. I literally jumped out of my chair because of the shock... That was fun :D

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 UnlivedPhalanx
Member since 2005 • 5433 Posts
I remember when I was playing F.E.A.R. there were a lot of GOTCHA moments in the PC version if you were playing in the dark. To this day, FEAR is the only game to ever have made me jump.
Manghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Manghan
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The bit of Resident Evil 4 where you go into a shed and theres a guy hiding around there with an axe, you can't see him and he just slices you as soon as you walk in. I was also in the house alone, with all of the lights turned off.
Avatar image for deactivated-586cbea17e099
deactivated-586cbea17e099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 deactivated-586cbea17e099
Member since 2004 • 1091 Posts

The bit of Resident Evil 4 where you go into a shed and theres a guy hiding around there with an axe, you can't see him and he just slices you as soon as you walk in. I was also in the house alone, with all of the lights turned off. Manghan

The best way to play horror games :D

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
I got the 3 red lights of doom while playing Halo 3 :onobodyshero87
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I know... super lame, but I was so busted playing Dino Crisis and the part where the T-Rex comes busting thru that office window... :oops: man, I was so shook up I dropped the controller and nearly fell out of my seat...
m3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 m3ss
Member since 2004 • 1163 Posts
  • Resident Evil (PS) - The encounter with the first zombie in the game, feasting on your teammate Kenneth.
  • Resident Evil (PS) - The first time the dogs jumped through the windows in the hallway.
  • Resident Evil 4 (GC) - The first encounter with a regenerator.
  • Resident Evil 4 (GC) - The first encounter with the blind wolverine wannabe's.
  • Resident Evil (GC) - The first encounter with that crazy-lookin' indestructable little girl that moans at you.

:o
OracleXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 OracleXIII
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts
That part in vampire bloodlines when you're in the haunted house, go to the left to flip some switch or something, you turn around and the ghost is there for like half a second. That's like the only thing that actually scared me in a game, and I dunno why, it's not really that scary when you think about it...
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

F.E.A.R. has plenty of good, frightening sequences, There are a couple from Extraction Point as well, particularly the point where you're male teammate is getting destroyed right beside you, and the lights flickering on and off, with more floating corpses appearing each time.

Resi 4 has a few, I think the garden with the zombie dogs stood out to me in particular.

But the scariest moment for me, was in Eternal Darkness, you are just harmlessly exploring the house pressing the examine button on most things you come across for little descriptions or maybe an item, nothing really scary going on, then you examine the bathtub expecting to get a little description or something, but instead are treated to a flashing, zooming sequence of you're corpse in the tub full of blood and a huge scream that lasts for about half a second.

In other games, you know when something scary is gonna happen, but oh no, Eternal Darkness seriously f***ed with the mind of the player. False messages telling you it's erasing your memory card, a screen that looks like the "video" channel on your TV to make it seem like the console turned off. Yes that game was awesome.

g25rj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 g25rj
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
For me the scariest games were the silent hill ones, man try to play this games at night and alone!:cry:
Fen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fen
Member since 2002 • 26 Posts
Knowing that the review has been bought, and losing the receipt.