TitusAndronicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 TitusAndronicus
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

Having seen my brother only recently subside from his Madden madness (to be substituted for Halo madness), I thought up this topic today. See, I could never get into Madden. I think the games are neat, but they've just never been my cup of tea. What are some big-name games that you've been somewhat ho-hum about? Any particular reasons?

Let me add that this isn't intended to start some juvenile flame war - I'm just interested in what some opinions are on some bigger name games.

tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 tmlim
Member since 2004 • 566 Posts

All the metroid games. They are some of the best and most popular, but for some reason I lose interest in them very quicky.

vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts
I was never able to get into BioShock, surprisingly. :?
Avatar image for deactivated-586cbea17e099
deactivated-586cbea17e099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 deactivated-586cbea17e099
Member since 2004 • 1091 Posts

after i completed Halo 3, it just died on me, i've played some multiplayer thought it was the same thing i had played for years, stopped, and i havent logged a single minute back in it since.

Also, all major sports games (FIFA, Madden, NHL etc.)

Ehdee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Ehdee
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

after i completed Halo 3, it just died on me, i've played some multiplayer thought it was the same thing i had played for years, stopped, and i havent logged a single minute back in it since.

Sorlok

Yeah, same here (but I never played Halo multiplayer before Halo 3). I know why I can't get into it, though. I just don't like Unreal Tournament style multiplayer anymore, preferring more class-based multiplayer. A stranger game is Bioshock, though. It didn't hold my interest, and while playing I was clueless why that was so. I'm still unable to reach a conclusion on this.

As for older games, I'd say Diablo (1 and 2) stand out, as well as pretty much every major RTS to come out (excluding the Total War series) like the C&C games and more recently World in Conflict.

Avatar image for TitusAndronicus
TitusAndronicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 TitusAndronicus
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
It's funny you mention C&C. I just picked a copy of C&C 3 up for the computer, and have not been able to get into it thoroughly. In fact, I caught myself looking up ways to just view the videos rather than playing the game. It's not that it's a bad game by any means, but I just found myself kind of bored with it after a few missions.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I can get into any of the Nintendo games (Mario, Sonic, etc) i don't know why because they are a genre i would have thought i would enjoy. :?
Gen_Warbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Gen_Warbuff
Member since 2005 • 8976 Posts

Wow this could be a HUGE list for me, I think I might have gamer ADD or something because it seems I hardly ever finish games I start these days.

C&C

HALO3

BIOSHOCK ... was REALLY into this game until my girlfriend finished it before me.. then just lost interest.

FORZA2

COD3

The list goes on and on. For some reason, I still play BF2 on the PC a lot. I think maybe because it's such a open ended game, it's different all the time no matter what map you play on.

Grayzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grayzer
Member since 2003 • 102 Posts

Jet.... oh wait you said games, in that case:

Probably the whole Halo series.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 skrutop
Member since 2002 • 2262 Posts
Other than Starcraft, I could never get into any major RTS series, and I tried them all. C&C, Warcraft, Age of Empires, even Civilization. I think the only reason I liked Starcraft is because I played everyone in the dorms, so it was more about the atmosphere of yelling at people across the hall than it was about the actual game. Perhaps always winning helped, too. :)
Manghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Manghan
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Halo, none of them did it for me.
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
Halo 3 or any FPS.
tamsj04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tamsj04
Member since 2006 • 1928 Posts
I've had oblivion for months now and only played it once
m3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 m3ss
Member since 2004 • 1163 Posts
I never really got into Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft. I'm going to give either FFX or FFXII a shot though, just to see if I might like them.
thrashunreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 thrashunreal
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

Halo. Annnnnd ...

(don't shoot me)

God of War.

Avatar image for deactivated-586cbea17e099
deactivated-586cbea17e099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 deactivated-586cbea17e099
Member since 2004 • 1091 Posts

Halo. Annnnnd ...

(don't shoot me)

God of War.

thrashunreal

Oh yeah, forgot about God of War, kinda hard to remember the games that didnt interest me :P

Coldsoul9077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Coldsoul9077
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

I got the 850xt video card (powered to play doom 3).. then never could get into playing it.. didn't fair so well with Quake 4 either

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts
Halo...I just find them so repetitive. You shoot aliens and...well, that's it really. Got reeeal sick of it after Halo 2.

Also Mario. Don't enjoy Mario, personally I feel it's been the same for 20 odd years.
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

Thats a good question... I'm kind of into a little bit of everything right now :roll:

with so many games on various systems, different controls and gameplay, saved data and expanding stories... yea, I try to manage it one game a week, to avoid confusing my joys. If I was to avoid anything tho, it would be more involved games like online RPG's... single player rpgs always were pure gold for me 8)

LadyDame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 LadyDame
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
GuildsWars was a toal turn off for me. Bought the sample CD it didn't really float my boat.
johndoh4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 johndoh4
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Halo; I tried the original in 2002, but I'm not very big on FPS games so it didn't really appeal to me.
OracleXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 OracleXIII
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts
world of warcraft. Loved Guild Wars to a point... but now I just hate all mmo games.