Poll: New Releases 8/17 - What Are You Buying?

gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

This week we get Volume, Tales From the Borderlands Ep. 4, Trine 3, The Flock and some ports including Smite, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Final Fantasy Type 0 HD, Velocity 2X and ZombiU, which is now called Zombi. What are you picking up this weekend?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Non of those. Last game I'll be buying this year is Metal gear solid 5 and I won't even be buying it but rather getting it with my new pc (Wish non of that money went to Konami). Industries in deep shit when someone like me, a gaming enthusiast has not a single game he wants to buy during the time of year when everything releases. The games coming out are either segmented junk, Low quality tittles in terms of performance etc.. Lack content to the point of literally being 1/3rd the amount of stuff previous games in the series had. Or literally are so damn simplistic in both gameplay and their now normal black and white only decisions that I can't even be bothered to try them. Hell I don't even own a console because the stuff being released for them is so damn childish and rehashed crap that there is zero reason to waste the money on one or it's online. The industries IMO hasn't grown up, instead has stayed stagnant or even regressed to the point that 99.9% of the shit released literally has zero appeal.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

well i already got Tales of Borderlands, so that :3

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Well, if i didn´t already spend cash and bought Tales when it was first released i would get that :D

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44168 Posts

Nothing for me this week. My next game purchase will be Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One next week.

Azure64bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Azure64bit
Member since 2015 • 54 Posts

Still waiting for MGSV.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

I already bought Borderlands with the season pass. Just need to download it. and I plan to get a lot of the others when the time is right, just not necessarily on the new platforms they just released it on.

@ribstaylor1 said:

Non of those. Last game I'll be buying this year is Metal gear solid 5 and I won't even be buying it but rather getting it with my new pc (Wish non of that money went to Konami). Industries in deep shit when someone like me, a gaming enthusiast has not a single game he wants to buy during the time of year when everything releases. The games coming out are either segmented junk, Low quality tittles in terms of performance etc.. Lack content to the point of literally being 1/3rd the amount of stuff previous games in the series had. Or literally are so damn simplistic in both gameplay and their now normal black and white only decisions that I can't even be bothered to try them. Hell I don't even own a console because the stuff being released for them is so damn childish and rehashed crap that there is zero reason to waste the money on one or it's online. The industries IMO hasn't grown up, instead has stayed stagnant or even regressed to the point that 99.9% of the shit released literally has zero appeal.

Woah. Speak fro yourself. I agree that MGSV is one of the best looking games of the year, but to say that everything else has "zero appeal" is wrong as wrong can be. Myself, just naming the day-1 purchases... Gears Ultimate, Mega Man Legacy, MGSV, Mario Maker, RotTombRaider, Halo 5, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3... thinkin I missed one or two, I can't think. But a lot more than that in the backlog I'll either rent or pick up on Black Friday. But if you are looking for some helpful advice, I suggest crawling out form under your rock and play something for the sake of experience. You can't claim nothing is worth playing, sitting there playing nothing, lol. You have to try some of these games. I don't knoww hat the problem is. Matbe don't overload yourself with pre-release information about the games on the internet or invest in more than one platform can actually play some of these sweet games. Idunno.

willre00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 willre00
Member since 2012 • 158 Posts

I just bought my first Forza game, Forza Horizon 2 and I'm really liking it. It's lots of fun off-road but it's also a decent sim if you adjust the setting accordingly. I may buy Motorsport 6 a little bit after its launch.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@ribstaylor1 said:

maybe you should find a new hobby

Aentikraist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 Aentikraist
Member since 2004 • 368 Posts

well first of all im going to add many games to my wii u library i guess mario kart 8 , then smash, Zombi U and Bayo 2 in between i have to get as well MG V then Fatal frame project zero!!!

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#11  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Great week for games.

I've already got FF Type-0 HD on pre-order. Expecting it to be locked at 30 FPS. Not that it will disappoint me. Excited to play it, not sure where I'll end up because the reception seems very divided.

I'll be getting Velocity 2x and I didnt know Trine 3 is coming out of early access so soon. I'll be getting that later

As for Volume? It certainly looks interesting. But I didnt really like Thomas Was Alone all that much, I mean, the narration and ideas were cool, but the game didnt really stretch its legs much in terms of making use of its ideas.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is coming out, too. I'm definitely getting that as Shadowrun: Dragonfall was excellent.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Nothing for me thanks

Running-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#13  Edited By Running-Target
Member since 2014 • 413 Posts

Trine 3 & Velocity 2x.

Avatar image for Darkhorse-Gamer
Darkhorse-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Darkhorse-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 illmatic87

@ribstaylor1 said:

That seems to be a problem with you, not the gaming industry. It has grown alot over the past 7 or so years, in some ways it has lead in the wrong paths, but for the most part there's alot of diversity available for gamers in terms of value, genre, pricing and delivery.

What has not grown up is you.

Running-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#16 Running-Target
Member since 2014 • 413 Posts

@GameSpot: No love for Shadowrun: Hong Kong (PC) - August 20, 2015 ?

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

nothing of those, waiting for mgs v

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Nothing, the only thing I would be tempted to buy would be RE: Revelations! Other then that, Mad Max will be my next purchase and POSSIBLE the Gears of War bundle.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

this isnt metal gear solid v

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ribstaylor1

To all those saying this is a ME issue. Yes it is but I'm sure there are plenty in the same boat as me who have this very issue right now with the industry. I want better writing that isn't solely decided on can a child understand and fully comprehend this. I want games that run well on pc, which lately has been a major issue. If it doesn't why the hell would I buy it? I want games to start exploring new concepts and ideas outside the same old bullshit I've been playing for the last 20 years of gaming being my main hobby. I'd like for once to buy a game and not have 80% of it's content then sold to me for more then the original base game cost months down the line when I've lost complete interest in the game and forgot half of what actually happened in it.

For example of the games listed above by another poster.

Gears Ultimate- Rehashed games that I played almost 10 years ago and finished. Why would I play them again?

Mega Man Legacy- A game from a series I long lost interest in when I was a child, so same old junk . Why would I buy something like that?

MGSV- Only one on this list I can get behind and like, though I'm not into the way konami as a company has handled it's team and employees on this project. I don't like supporting companies who I find to have shady business practices. So I'm glad at least I don't have to buy it outright and it comes with my system.

Mario Maker-Again a game from Nintendo from a series of games that I haven't cared to play since I was a child. I'm not a child I don't wish to play games fully developed for children. (Don't try to contest this Nintendo makes games for kids it's their damn bread and butter and this is one of them)

RotTombRaider- Another game along the lines of uncharted. Kill, kill, kill... and do some more killing. OH wait lets hide in that bush no one would ever be able to hide in. Then kill some more. No thank you I'm bored of this horrible style of play and story telling. Got sick of it after Uncharted 3 and haven't cared for it since.

Halo 5- A game that resembles Call of duty and Battlefield, more then what actually made what IMO was the best in it's series so damn great. Halo 3. I don't own a console and even if I did why would I buy a game with less content, and less well everything you can think of compared too 3? Less for more seems to be the new business model here and elsewhere like Dice's Battlefront. NO THANKS I'll pass.

Fallout 4- Have all ways considered the last two fallout games to be complete and utter garbage. Animations are janky, games are buggy to the point of game breaking, and the games shear size is marred with nothing but black and white decisions. Couldn't even get past 20 minutes of the last two without shutting it off in anger I'd wasted money on junk. So with the exact same engine and the all ready complained about cut and paste nature of this game with assets from older tittles why would this be any different?

Just cause 3- Another silly open world game, that doesn't even interest me. I don't enjoy playing games that are as ridiculous as this series has been.

The movie, book and television industry have no problem branching out with ideas, concepts, and writing styles. There is literally something for everyone and lots of it in every genre, sub category, and type you can think of, and for literally every age category. The video game industry hasn't done this for the vast majority of publishing houses and developers. Though I realize and understand exceptions exist, but when most the shit being made is designed so my little 8 year old cousin understands and excels at it, it shows how much it's stayed in it's games are for kids mentality that I no longer find enjoyment in.

So no it's not me who's not grown up. It's the industry that's decided to hold itself back compared to other industries of media that have pushed past the family friendly, child friendly concepts and ideas that have caused this divide between me and my favorite hobby.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 illmatic87

@ribstaylor1 said:

To all those saying this is a ME issue. Yes it is but I'm sure there are plenty in the same boat as me who have this very issue right now with the industry. I want better writing that isn't solely decided on can a child understand and fully comprehend this. I want games that run well on pc, which lately has been a major issue. If it doesn't why the hell would I buy it? I want games to start exploring new concepts and ideas outside the same old bullshit I've been playing for the last 20 years of gaming being my main hobby. I'd like for once to buy a game and not have 80% of it's content then sold to me for more then the original base game cost months down the line when I've lost complete interest in the game and forgot half of what actually happened in it.

Gears Ultimate- Rehashed games that I played almost 10 years ago and finished. Why would I play them again?

Mega Man Legacy- A game from a series I long lost interest in when I was a child, so same old junk . Why would I buy something like that?

MGSV- Only one on this list I can get behind and like, though I'm not into the way konami as a company has handled it's team and employees on this project. I don't like supporting companies who I find to have shady business practices. So I'm glad at least I don't have to buy it outright and it comes with my system.

Mario Maker-Again a game from Nintendo from a series of games that I haven't cared to play since I was a child. I'm not a child I don't wish to play games fully developed for children. (Don't try to contest this Nintendo makes games for kids it's their damn bread and butter and this is one of them)

RotTombRaider- Another game along the lines of uncharted. Kill, kill, kill... and do some more killing. OH wait lets hide in that bush no one would ever be able to hide in. Then kill some more. No thank you I'm bored of this horrible style of play and story telling. Got sick of it after Uncharted 3 and haven't cared for it since.

Halo 5- A game that resembles Call of duty and Battlefield, more then what actually made what IMO was the best in it's series so damn great. Halo 3. I don't own a console and even if I did why would I buy a game with less content, and less well everything you can think of compared too 3? Less for more seems to be the new business model here and elsewhere like Dice's Battlefront. NO THANKS I'll pass.

Fallout 4- Have all ways considered the last two fallout games to be complete and utter garbage. Animations are janky, games are buggy to the point of game breaking, and the games shear size is marred with nothing but black and white decisions. Couldn't even get past 20 minutes of the last two without shutting it off in anger I'd wasted money on junk. So with the exact same engine and the all ready complained about cut and paste nature of this game with assets from older tittles why would this be any different?

Just cause 3- Another silly open world game, that doesn't even interest me. I don't enjoy playing games that are as ridiculous as this series has been.

The movie, book and television industry have no problem branching out with ideas, concepts, and writing styles. There is literally something for everyone and lots of it in every genre, sub category, and type you can think of, and for literally every age category. The video game industry hasn't done this for the vast majority of publishing houses and developers. Though I realize and understand exceptions exist, but when most the shit being made is designed so my little 8 year old cousin understands and excels at it, it shows how much it's stayed in it's games are for kids mentality that I no longer find enjoyment in.

So no it's not me who's not grown up. It's the industry that's decided to hold itself back compared to other industries of media that have pushed past the family friendly, child friendly concepts and ideas that have caused this divide between me and my favorite hobby.

You're just very narrow minded, it is you that has not broadened yourself. For a favourite Hobby of yours, you seem so out of touch with that the game industry has to offer beyond the big names or titles you recognize. Believe me, I know of many jaded gamers that turned around and found their enjoyment again with some of the industry developments over the past few years with digital distribution, independent development, crowd-funded games and the curation of sources that inform them of a wide range of games.

Shadowrun has an expansion coming out this week called Shadowrun: Hong Kong. The last Expansion (Dragonfall) has some of the best writing in a video game and there was no DLC. It is you just looking at certain games expecting something else from them that obviously dont cater to you.

Looking at your complaints, I really dont know what you're looking for, I bet there's just alot of nostalgia going on. But Im probably just barking up the wrong tree or talking to a stubborn wall at this point. Because you seem committed to convincing yourself with your long posts.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ribstaylor1

@illmatic87 said:
@ribstaylor1 said:

You're just very narrow minded, it is you that has not broadened yourself. For a favourite Hobby of yours, you seem so out of touch with that the game industry has to offer beyond the big names or titles you recognize. Believe me, I know of many jaded gamers that turned around and found their enjoyment again with some of the industry developments over the past few years with digital distribution, independent development, crowd-funded games and the curation of sources that inform them of a wide range of games.

Shadowrun has an expansion coming out this week called Shadowrun: Hong Kong. The last Expansion (Dragonfall) has some of the best writing in a video game and there was no DLC. It is you just looking at certain games expecting something else from them that obviously dont cater to you.

Looking at your complaints, I really dont know what you're looking for, I bet there's just alot of nostalgia going on. But Im probably just barking up the wrong tree or talking to a stubborn wall at this point. Because you seem committed to convincing yourself with your long posts.

I doubt I'm narrow minded when I play games from every genre. Ranging from MMO's, RTS's, all the varying indie games and their genre's, FPS's and third person shooters, all the way down to modern day version of the click adventures like Life is strange, or things like Pillars of eternity or Divinity original sin. I play every genre available even space sims and most of what I see or play now a days leaves me disappointed. I'd say right now indie companies or small studios are some of the only companies I've been enjoying releases from. I also only use digital distribution, and have crowd funded games. I am literally this industries bread and butter on all levels. Yet still 99% of what's being released, I'd consider to be a waste of my money, and not even worth the time.

I've heard Shadowrun was good but the world didn't seem all that appealing as I never found the whole steam punk gutter town style to be all that great. I'll try it out, maybe it will grow on me.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nothing this or next month.

SakuraBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SakuraBomb
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

Just waiting on Metal Gear Solid V and running through the Legacy Collection on PS3 before it.

PI-Dock-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PI-Dock-42
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

What would I choose, this time, none off the above, sure, cool to play i do, love team fortress 2, but it aint PI-dock, What would the world look like when everything is play, and we still get forward as species, get along with the planet and all its inhabitants, maybe even build a better place, Fight only online, nuke each other and drink a soda or beer and have laugh. meet each other online and offline. There is a change coming on, its everywhere. were on a verge. a change, blue pill, red pill, share or profit. We think we need to place the seeds for whats comming, You can Vote, it starts in Amsterdam. It will get global, Vote and build youre own Playful Interactive surrounding with your community of choice and have fun doing it. http://www.onzenieuweschool.nl/plans-ideas/pi-dock-scool/vote/

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Seeing that i've spent all my money on a Tales of Zestiria pre-order, I'm gonna wait until the 2015 Christmas sale on Steam before buying anything.