#1 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

When: 5:00PM PST, August 10, 2011
Where: Server Name "Pwniez Galore!" IP 206.220.173.246:27015
What: CounterStrike: Source (via Steam)
Platform: PC
Map: de_aztec
Players: 24
Chat Resource:Game Night Chatroom  (requires Java)

1. How do I get in on the action?

It is important to join the chat room so staff and GameSpotters can communicate with all of you. If you cannot remain in the chatroom for any reason, you are welcome to exit and return once you are finished playing a match. If the chatroom is not open for any reason, post a question in the game night discussion thread for that game of the week. Otherwise, the chatroom should be open on the day of game night.

2. I am from another country and timezone other than California time (Pacific Time). What time is that for me?
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc. If you want to be extra tech savvy and you use Firefox, download the foxclocks application to monitor your timezone versus other timezones.

3. What mode will we be playing?
The game modes are normally requested while we're all in the chatroom. So, ask away once you join. GameSpot staff are normally easy going unless we make specific requirements in the announcement of a game night. 

4. How do you select a game for game night?
In most cases GameSpot staff will consider your suggestions made in this union. We normally have a dedicated sticky thread to have one place to check out for our game night schedule. However, there are some occasions when we love a game sooooo much we just can't wait to play with you GameSpotters. This mainly happens to highly anticipated games that the GameSpot editors already played during beta testing or pre-release game data and the game has a good multiplayer gaming experience. One example of this would be the UFC game night we held with a variety of staff back in May 2009. We had many GameSpot editors playing this for weeks before we finally had a chance to play with other GameSpotters. Fun times indeed!

5. Can I drop by late to participate?
Of course! Why not? Note that we also have a poll for the game night discussion thread for the week. Be sure to post what time you plan to show so we can stick around later in case you decide to show later than 5:30pm PT. 

6. What GameSpot folks will I be playing with?
The game and platforms really does determine which GameSpot Editor is likely to play. You might even hit some of your favorite GameSpot editors to ask them when they plan to participate in another game night or which game is likely to get them to drop by as well. You can do so by sending them a PM or posting a new thread in the Union board. 

7. What is up with the bounty hunter emblem?
Every week, a player that meets the bounty requirement will get to take part in a grudge match later in the year against other bounty hunters on the game platform. This is a process we would like to have soon enough, but it's still in planning stages. That match will take place on a game that pretty much anyone can play, such as a free bowling game, or some other such frivolity. The winner of the Grudge Match will receive a special emblem in his or her profile. 

8. Do I get an emblem for playing?
The only emblem goes to the bounty winner(s), which are listed on the game night feature page as MVP. It's next to impossible for staff to keep up with who enters the game or server and who doesn't. Besides, isn't gloating over GameSpot Staff a great reward?

9. What is the bounty requirement?
The non-scientific method: the player GameSpot staff feels kicked their butts the most is normally the first to receive the emblem. However, we have also considered users who are respectful with others ingame as well. We normally choose one MVP per game or platform. 

10. So, do I have a good chance of kicking GameSpot butt?
Of course you do! There has got to be a game that we stink at.

11. What if you give the emblem to some other dude, even if I know I am better?
It's the staff call on who becomes the MVP for the week.

12. Where should I report my game night experience?
Go to the Union board and click on the latest discussion thread for the game. You can post screenshots, gaming footage or simply do a play by play of what you thought rocked in the game. 

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts

It's to early for Discussion for the CounterStrike game night.

Edit: I made some edits to you post, I just fixed up the FAQ 

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts
Alright, so that we dont have a repeat of what happend last time I'm looking for a GameSpotter to help me test the server that I set up tonight at 10:00pm PT. Any takers? I'll award anyone who helps me to stress test this 5,000 profile points to go towards their next user level.
Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts

Alright, so that we dont have a repeat of what happend last time I'm looking for a GameSpotter to help me test the server that I set up tonight at 10:00pm PT. Any takers? I'll award anyone who helps me to stress test this 5,000 profile points to go towards their next user level. Synthia

No fair, I would totally help if I had the game. I also like user points.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

Alright, so that we dont have a repeat of what happend last time I'm looking for a GameSpotter to help me test the server that I set up tonight at 10:00pm PT. Any takers? I'll award anyone who helps me to stress test this 5,000 profile points to go towards their next user level. Synthia

I can be available to help setup the server. Send me a PM if you're interested.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 digitaldame
I should also add that anyone who wants to help but doesn't manage to get to me before my 2 hour commute home my Steam ID is dreamweaving.
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 digitaldame

Alright, home and playing. Just need to find that oh so perfect server and we'll be ready to rock tomorrow!

-----------------------------

Server Name: Pwniez Galore!
Server IP: 206.220.173.246:27015
Map Name: de_aztec
Number of players: 24 players

-----------------------------

Unless there is a better server that someone has in mind this is where we will be playing tomorrow!

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

Hmmm.......... 24 players. Now that would be nice on mini-dust and a havoc on iceworld :twisted:

Don't remeber aztec map 

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#9 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
I'll try to be there.
Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#11 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

Server Name: Pwniez Galore!
Server IP: 206.220.173.246:27015
Map Name: de_aztec
Number of players: 24 playersSynthia
Details added to the original post.

I will not be in attendance, but I hope you all have an excellent time!

Happy gaming,

Boz

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
I already have the game so i'll make and effort to show up and show off my poor skills!
PolskaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PolskaKing
Member since 2008 • 39592 Posts
I hope to show up. Let's cross fingers that my internet won't fail! :P
syam32245340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points