Will you be Purchasing Dragon's Crown? (PS3, Vita)

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Yes, because it reminds of Odin Sphere and hopefully Dragon's Crown is just as good.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#52 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="juradai"]

I don't recall saying that big studios get any free passes when it comes to making great games and I am not sure how you jumped to that notion.

juradai

Small budget? Atlus? No way. 

Both games have enough money to make a great video game. One put all the money and resources they have to good use the other are relying on breatsts and anime fanbase. You know how many times they made us kill spider/dragon/wizard bosses in Odin Sphere? You call that niche game? I'm not aware you can pull the niche card whenever someone mentions serious flaws in games. As serious as repeating entire levels/boss fights.

I do understand that it's niche which to me is some sort of elitism, but it's still bad. 

It is a smaller budget because their audience is very targeted and specific. They are not trying to go for the big numbers so there is no need for them to use an Uncharted-sized budget.

As far as flaws, most of the Atlus games do have shortcomings but it seems to me you simply don't like the gameplay which is just fine. There are some Atlus games I don't like either. What I don't understand is the tone you have in your posts and why you are so defensive. You seem to be taking my observations very personally which are not directed towards you on a personal level but towards your reasoning.

Niche is not an elitist word. It's been used for as long as I remember to describe a very specific targeted interest much like the phrase "cult following" is used for cinema.

Sorry if I sounded defensive.

I don't just have a problem with the gameplay. I'm afraid there's nothing more to the games beside pretty artwork. The only Vanillaware game I enjoyed was Grimgrimoire and it's RTS. I mean, designing rts levels is about throwing more and tougher enemies the further you go in a game. I just wish for all bands to be as good as the graphics band. The company that made Nier had less money than Vanillaware and I believe that was their first game and yet it has the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a video game. It doesn't cost much to make all things equally decent in a videogame. Sorry again.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

this looks legit. i might get it

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

[QUOTE="juradai"]

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

Small budget? Atlus? No way. 

Both games have enough money to make a great video game. One put all the money and resources they have to good use the other are relying on breatsts and anime fanbase. You know how many times they made us kill spider/dragon/wizard bosses in Odin Sphere? You call that niche game? I'm not aware you can pull the niche card whenever someone mentions serious flaws in games. As serious as repeating entire levels/boss fights.

I do understand that it's niche which to me is some sort of elitism, but it's still bad. 

gamingqueen

It is a smaller budget because their audience is very targeted and specific. They are not trying to go for the big numbers so there is no need for them to use an Uncharted-sized budget.

As far as flaws, most of the Atlus games do have shortcomings but it seems to me you simply don't like the gameplay which is just fine. There are some Atlus games I don't like either. What I don't understand is the tone you have in your posts and why you are so defensive. You seem to be taking my observations very personally which are not directed towards you on a personal level but towards your reasoning.

Niche is not an elitist word. It's been used for as long as I remember to describe a very specific targeted interest much like the phrase "cult following" is used for cinema.

Sorry if I sounded defensive.

I don't just have a problem with the gameplay. I'm afraid there's nothing more to the games beside pretty artwork. The only Vanillaware game I enjoyed was Grimgrimoire and it's RTS. I mean, designing rts levels is about throwing more and tougher enemies the further you go in a game. I just wish for all bands to be as good as the graphics band. The company that made Nier had less money than Vanillaware and I believe that was their first game and yet it has the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a video game. It doesn't cost much to make all things equally decent in a videogame. Sorry again.

No biggie, GQ. I know your passionate about your thoughts. I haven't played Nier yet, though I do have it. I should get into before the end of this year. As for Dragon's Crown, I like the art style and that it has coop. To me, I'm simply looking to have fun with some friends. I'm looking forward to it.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#55 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I plan to get the PS3 version and the Vita remake of Muramasa.

I think I'm going to purchase it and play solely as the sorceress just to piss off all the prudes we have in here.

A very good reason.